Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glacia's Abilities, revisited

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glacia's Abilities, revisited - Page 2 Empty Re: Glacia's Abilities, revisited

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Glaceon wrote:As stated, it can be avoided. Also, it's your choice to make something whatever it is. I made Glacia's "Ice" Demi skills have a more physically damaging aspect than elemental.

If someone were trying to get electircal demi skills approved, I'm sure that would be QUESTIONED. Honestly, the powers work the same ICly as they do OOCly, so the reasoning would be the exact same ICly as it is OOCly. As also stated, you choose what you use to represent your skills, so if you choose to use them as an OOC Trans, then you should know all the drawbacks to having it as such, one such drawback being that it would be affected by this skill. If you don't want your character affected, don't be in the party when the skill is used. Also saying "I don't like it" or "I just want to" isn't an excuse, as you WERE saying that in the chat box earlier.

You should be careful how you phrase things. I said I was going to choose my character not to be affected, by the normal way, leaving the party. Also, that power should be a level 2.

My electrical demi-skills weren't questioned. And while you can choose have physical damage on your ice attacks(I was the one who told you that), you don't have to.

IC wise, your skill only affects the basic transes. IC powers aren't related because of their OOC representation.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Not necessarily, but in the long run saying they work exactly like they do OOCly is the BEST way to show a skill, and has always been, has it not?

You said you were going to do that, but if you were still in the party, the effect would still be there.

Some things from the original thread:

If not in the party, it can be either

Soifa wrote:If not in the party,it can be either

-Soifa can't exert control that well at the time.(Normally for this one I'll say if it fails before asking the other person if the next options apply)
-Target is simply not affected by her soothing default music.(Kind of like enthrall can't affect more than a certain amount of things, or a certain strength of things. I won't base it off stats, but if you character is a weak-willed, music loving wuss that gets enthralled 100% of the time...and you constantly claim this doesn't affect you, I'm raising an eyebrow at least. :I )
-They're out of range.

Auramune wrote:You don't have complete control over the world around you, I'm sorry to inform you. Don't join the party, if you don't want to be effected, or quickly leave the party as soon as you can/"cover your ears."

Also from the first thread:

NAME: Melody of Despair
Brief description: Using magical music, Soifa exerts a bit of control in order to attempt to end the transformation or brief moments of increased power that people have(whatever your IC demigod is).

It's an ATTEMPT. Brief moment of increased power is a general concept as well, even a small increase is still an increase. I would think it doesn't affect EVERYTHING, but affects most things.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm

It's not about the success rate. I already told you, I don't plan on letting it affect Raffy. It's about the broad range of skills it affects without an IC restriction. It has an OOC one. But not an IC one.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok so.. One issue with the de-transer is that ICly and OOCLY trans conditions varies from person to person. Giant and Elves trans is internal, where paladin and DK had to gather up armor to transform with. Their trans methods are completely different, so only 1 type of trans. should be effected by any trans-effecting power.

Now, on top of that TRANS is often used to represent an increase of power, and change of appearance. Just like OOC methods are different, IC methods are different as well. There is no way that one single power can undo however many different methods trans is use for simply because oocly it's being used as Trans.

The de-trans power is an OOC power request. IC=/=OOC.

Therefore, as is, shouldn't be approved.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm

I will say this once.

The initial request...and this one, is to use the magic music without a scroll ICly.

You DO realize I can use the scroll ICly, the skill keeps ALL the same effects, and WOULDN'T need approvals as it is supported through ingame means. I don't understand what the HECK the issue is with this, as it works EXACTLY as it would in ANY OTHER SITUATION.

Also aura. You were one of the people who were OK with this skill the first time through, when it was fully approved. Honestly, all I'm asking are for the same exact things Soifa had. Nothing is different. Perhaps I should edit the skills as so.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Um.. I don't really see anything wrong here. It's a power represented literally, even more so if the scroll is used. Unless something REALLY heinous comes up, I'll approve.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Glaceon wrote:I will say this once.

The initial request...and this one, is to use the magic music without a scroll ICly.

You DO realize I can use the scroll ICly, the skill keeps ALL the same effects, and WOULDN'T need approvals as it is supported through ingame means. I don't understand what the HECK the issue is with this, as it works EXACTLY as it would in ANY OTHER SITUATION.

Also aura. You were one of the people who were OK with this skill the first time through, when it was fully approved. Honestly, all I'm asking are for the same exact things Soifa had. Nothing is different. Perhaps I should edit the skills as so.

The problem is, In-game skills work in in-game situations. If you want it to be in-game, it will only affect the 5 basic transes. The fact you are making it trans down ALL transes, that's adding to the power.

"Drinking this will turn you small, allowing you to pass through places you couldn't before. Take Caution, as this will cancel the Demigod or Transformation status. You will not be able to use any skills while small." This is the closes thing I can find to it. While it does say transformation, not everything that has an OOC transformation is a transformation ICly.

The problem with the skill, is that it has no IC restrictions.
Also, it's very specific on just DEMI-GOD. So, even if you think it should count for every transformations (for DK, pally, ect) it will only work for Demi-god, not things represented by it.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:00 pm

You must have missed where it said TRANSFORMATION STATUS. Any and all TRANSFORMATION. If the skill uses Trans OOCly, which mind you was YOUR choice, then it will get cancelled when the music affects the player. If it doesn't affect them, leave the party. Otherwise, it WILL affect. This is your CHOICE.

Also, for others. Updated with ICly avoiding the music.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Glaceon wrote:You must have missed where it said TRANSFORMATION STATUS. Any and all TRANSFORMATION. If the skill uses Trans OOCly, which mind you was YOUR choice, then it will get cancelled when the music affects the player. If it doesn't affect them, leave the party. Otherwise, it WILL affect. This is your CHOICE.

Another question.. I am not really satisfied with the previous answer, but I can see It won't go anywhere.
If someone is affected by enthralled, weak willed to music, they don't have their ears covered... but they are not in the party. Why doesn't it affect them?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Xeek wrote:
Glaceon wrote:You must have missed where it said TRANSFORMATION STATUS. Any and all TRANSFORMATION. If the skill uses Trans OOCly, which mind you was YOUR choice, then it will get cancelled when the music affects the player. If it doesn't affect them, leave the party. Otherwise, it WILL affect. This is your CHOICE.

Another question.. I am not really satisfied with the previous answer, but I can see It won't go anywhere.
If someone is affected by enthralled, weak willed to music, they don't have their ears covered... but they are not in the party. Why doesn't it affect them?

Read.
Not be in the party. ICly, this equates to:
-Glacia can't exert control that well at the time.(Normally for this one I'll say if it fails before asking the other person if the next options apply)
-Target is simply not affected by her soothing default music.(Kind of like enthrall can't affect more than a certain amount of things, or a certain strength of things. I won't base it off stats, but if you character is a weak-willed, music loving wuss that gets enthralled 100% of the time...and you constantly claim this doesn't affect you, I'm raising an eyebrow at least. :I )
-They're out of range.
-Covering your ears. It's music. If you don't hear it, it won't affect you.
If you are in the party, it will affect you. However, you do not have to be in the party if you WANT it to affect you. This is your choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Right.. but there is a large group. Lets say Stickie returns for the purpose of this demonstration.
Stickie and Soifa are both being affected. Soifa is in the party, Stickie isn't. Obviously if it works on Soifa, it SHOULD work on Stickie, but it won't.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Glacia can't exert control that well at the time.

She could exert control necessary to get one, but not the other.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:Glacia can't exert control that well at the time.

She could exert control necessary to get one, but not the other.

But that spell doesn't work like enthralling >_>... meh fine. Not like it's a big change regardless
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 pm

'Control' might not be the BEST word to use, but it's close enough to what I'm trying to say. If you know the word I actually mean, feel free to lemme know, I'm having a brainfart on that.

It's basically another fail-rate to make sense of the 'being out of party' thing that keeps the skill from being OP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Or, you know

However, you do not have to be in the party if you WANT it to affect you.

If you wanted it to affect him, it very well could.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Added the third elemental sword.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:36 am

Q: Is the lightning sword's "shock" just shown by stun? Lightning bolt? or something else? If so, you should clarify what "charging" means.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:15 am

It should be me using shock!

Cuz my shock is better than everyone else's!

-evil laugh here-

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:18 am

It's shown by roleplay. It's nothing but an cosmetic effect, hence why it's not shown by anything.

But if you -have- to have something, it'd likely be N+Lightning Bolt
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Glaceon wrote:It's shown by roleplay. It's nothing but an cosmetic effect, hence why it's not shown by anything.

But if you -have- to have something, it'd likely be N+Lightning Bolt

Well.. I only meant it if it had an extra stun.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh, in that case it doesn't really provide extra stun that isn't provided by the sword itself. It's just something for roleplay fun, and one of the three elemental swords Glacia made.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Are you DONE adding things yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Yes, I'm done. Everything in there is how I want it ^^.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

-tentative approval, scared of new stuff popping up now- >_>

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

-goes and adds one more thing...a love of stuffed crust pizza-