Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larxon's Abilities

5 posters

Go down

Larxon's Abilities Empty Larxon's Abilities

Post  Larxon Wed May 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Never mind

Last edited by Larxon on Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Larxon
Larxon
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Larxon's Abilities Empty Re: Larxon's Abilities

Post  Thomas22 Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Could you explain within the rules of the game?
Thomas22
Thomas22
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Larxon Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Thomas What do you mean? Arent they all kinda self explanatory?

"Larxon was an Errin born. But unlike other Errin borns he can rebirth." I rebirth just like most players. But normally I rebirth at the age of 14. As I would be really old and it would be hard to level if I didnt.

"Larxon has been able to telepathically communicate with animals ever since he was a child. He now has a great with relationship with a lot of animals." I send messages back and forth between animals and myself. Mostly my pets in game. Basically If I am in RP it might come up that I can talk to an animal.

"Larxon for some reason never has any bad or good smell. He has no scent." Can you smell me?

"Larxon ages at the same rate as a soul streamer. This is partly due to the fact that his mother was a soul streamer while his father was Errin born." again this is exactly what it says.
Larxon
Larxon
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Larxon wrote:Larxon has been able to telepathically communicate with animals ever since he was a child. He now has a great with relationship with a lot of animals.
Having a relationship with you pet is all well and good, but how exactly did the abilities develop? How can you defend them? Mainly, I'm asking why this is needed over just talking to your creatures, them understanding what you need to get done, and them being able to give you signals that have come back. Is there a specific purpose to these?

Larxon wrote:Larxon for some reason never has any bad or good smell. He has no scent.
Never having any good or bad smell is different from having no scent at all. Everyone has a scent, no matter how minuscule it is. I state that this is important considering one of the individuals has an affinity for scents. Why does your character have absolutely no scent despite having bodily functions that will normally make him smell (ie. sweat, breath, etc.)

Larxon wrote:Larxon was an Errin born. But unlike other Errin borns he can rebirth.
Is this possible, those with more knowledge about Errin-born and Soul Streamers than I do?

On another note, Thomas was asking for more thought, nothing more. Just saying "I want these powers" isn't enough. You need to think through the reasons why you would have them.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Thu May 13, 2010 7:49 am

A note on being a soul streamer - it is NOT genetic. It is a function of the soul involved and has nothing to do with the packaging. Please note that the first generation of Miletians were exclusively human or their cursed varients. Latter generations included Giants and Elves. Who is to say that at some latter date that Goblins or Fae can not be Miletians. This means it can not be inherited.

A Miletian has the following properties
- They age at a different rate
- Aging is physically arrested at 25 years of age
- They are able to recover from mortal wounds on the spot where they fell, at the last statue of the Goddess they touched or center of life force (town or land marker) [re-spawn ability]
- They are able to rebirth to between 10 and 17 years of age without going through messy infancy and childhood
- Rebirth may involve changes in physical appearance, including gender (again this is a packaging issue) [ugh bad pun]

All this is pretty much canon unless you have a very solid back story to support an alternative variation that still works within the framework that is Mabinogi.

On the no scent issue. NO!
Why? Because even a rock or water has a scent.
There are a few things that do not have a scent.
- Holographic projections of an AI but there is no such technology available in Mabi
- Ghosts but as yet all encountered have been either hostile Monsters, an NPC or a Villain
- Spirits - there is only one that I know of and they are a part timer so even they have a scent when not in spirit form
- Ego - Again only one but the artifact they are bound to does have a scent since it is a physical object

Sorry but I invoke LOGIC here and anything outside canon must at least be consistent to the world as it works outside of a sound reasoned explanation.
So as a reminder.
- What is it
- How did you get it
- How does it work
- What are the game mechanics
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:38 pm