Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkfang's abilities

+2
Xeek
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
6 posters

Go down

Darkfang's abilities Empty Darkfang's abilities

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 am

Special Connection (Brother and Sister thing)

It's a Psychic connection to send mind wave message to his sister Whitefang Nightmare only. Even if they are in two different worlds, they are bonded to stay connect with each other as they both are twin after all. No one would hear their mind messages unless someone put their hands on Darkfang's shoulder. It's kinda like a telephone thingy of keeping each other in touch. Darkfang can also see what his twin sister Whitefang is doing through her mind or eyes, same thing for Whitefang.

Senor of Aura

Ability to sense either humans, giants, elves aura or fomors. It's ability of sensing out evil. If aura is black and dark it's not good. If aura is pure and clean it's good. the ability allows the person to see or feel aura around them or far distance (If aura is strong enough).

(Also it's a good use for sensing out ghosts too. XD)
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Darkfang's abilities Empty Re: Darkfang's abilities

Post  Xeek Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 am

Dark_Fang_Nightmare wrote:Special Connection (Brother and Sister thing)

It's a Psychic connection to send mind wave message to his sister Whitefang Nightmare only. Even if they are in two different worlds, they are bonded to stay connect with each other as they both are twin after all. No one would hear their mind messages unless someone put their hands on Darkfang's shoulder. It's kinda like a telephone thingy of keeping each other in touch. Darkfang can also see what his twin sister Whitefang is doing through her mind or eyes, same thing for Whitefang.

I approve of this one, since it's an RP tool of your character.

Senor of Aura

Ability to sense either humans, giants, elves aura or fomors. It's ability of sensing out evil. If aura is black and dark it's not good. If aura is pure and clean it's good. the ability allows the person to see or feel aura around them or far distance (If aura is strong enough).

This one has me a little iffy.

How did he get it?
What if someone has a Dark Aura but he/she is good?
What separates the Auras? ( How does he tell which is which)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:23 am

I see, how he got it? Well look at the story line, not most of his ability was gone only two remains in him.

How he can tell which one is which is by which is stronger.
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 am

Dark_Fang_Nightmare wrote:
Senor of Aura

I tried to do the last part of this and was reminded swiftly that my char would go blind from overexposure to aura because *most* PCs in Mabi are dead/ghosts. As to the good/evil thing . . . That's a lot harder to do. For example: I've known a couple players who's chars have done things like kill children but still insist that they're 'good'. It's really hard to judge because you basically have to ask someone 'hey are you good' and you're depending *entirely* on them having a completely objective view on their char.

The twin thing doesn't bother me at all, however.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 am

My brain's functioning today. I must not waste this opportunity! Shocked

Okay! So here's my take on 'em. Unfortunately, I would have to reject both of these due to Rule 2 which states:

"Rule Two - 'Psychic Powers' do not exist."

Dark_Fang_Nightmare wrote:Special Connection (Brother and Sister thing)

This one especially applies to Rule 2. I'm pretty sure we have something against powers allowing links or the ability to transfer to other worlds as well. (Embarrassing as it is though, I can't remember where it was put. Neutral ) There was a lot of rediculous-ness that led to that having to be put into play, but it is a bit sensible when you think about it. If there's no way in the game to reach it, in Erinn, it does not and should not exist.

[EDIT] Furthermore, you shouldn't be talking to off-worlders anyway. They're bad for you and don't allow you to interact with people right there in front of you. You should be playing with US! Razz

Dark_Fang_Nightmare wrote:Senor of Aura

This also falls under what I call the "Spider-Sense Godmod". A character being able to sense things in all directions, especially over long distances, then being able to anticipate and react to them is a big no-no that makes for those super-all-powerful characters we try to avoid - especially when coupled with abilities in-game.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 am

wow if you put it in that way... it does make sense now.o-o

but the first ability only goes for Whitefang and Darkfang since is a twin thing.o-o
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 am

All the same, psychic bonds don't exist here, sorry. ^^;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:13 am

Awww... so no way for his twin sister to keep in contact with him... at all? Fine I guess that what the rule state it... Sad
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:16 am

Only if they're in Erinn... obviously if they are on Erinn you can stay in touch, through owls and other items. if say your past world had some sort of trans-dimensional walkie-talkie you could use... fine, but that'd also be up for debate, and you'd have to figure out a way to explain how an advanced piece of tech like that could function in a medieval-based era world such as Erinn.

But as said, psychic powers are no. On the other hand I doubt you could do the tech thing anyway. I'm sure if anything was brought with him to talk... he'd get a "out of range" message.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 am

then no special abilties then... but one more question can Darkfang keep his fighting style?
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

I don't see why not. Everyone has their own style of fighting... Heck my character, Krystal, is really... graceful in her fighting. How does he fight?

Also the second power was probably just a heightened version of a sixth sense if I understood it right, because it's possible to sense people coming from behind. You could hear them coming, or get a feeling that somethings there right as they get on top of you, but you wouldn't know what race they were till they were on top of you. As for the sensing good and evil aura thing... you might get bad vibes from evil people. Your version just heightened it... and took it to extremes a bit.

Anyway... if you don't wish to do that power anymore, that's perfectly fine... Just gotta get used to the power process and think it through a bit.

Just ask yourself if the power could be used to god-mode (sense things that they shouldn't, all-knowing, all-powerful... those things) or do anything that's not approved in the guild rules... if so, limit the power or alter the abilities so it can't be used for that.

This might be helpful for future posts:
-Be specific and spell out what the power does. If the power can alter another character, you need OOC (or IC) permission to do that. Specify that if needed.

-Explain how you can use it in-game... powers are a lot easier to pass if there is an in-game way to show it. Powers can be a lot of things. You might have better hearing than most. You may use claws for weapons (represented by daggers or short swords), or maybe you are a master of ice and can manipulate it to create weapons and such (ice-based gear). Most powers may be just a fancy way to use a skill.
(I.E. Final Hit can be explained in many ways. You could be moving very fast, or you could be using magic to teleport short distances and hit them)

-Explain any and all limitations on the powers if needed. If it's an in-game power, the limitations would be the game-mechanics.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Fang_Nightmare Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Yeah understand.o-o

Just need to re-think again.
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Kosher Dill Troll