Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mero's Abilities!

+2
Teoxihuitl
Lenaliere
6 posters

Go down

Mero's Abilities! Empty Mero's Abilities!

Post  Lenaliere Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Skill Number One: Improved Senses* (Minus Vision)
Mero's gone blind! Because of blindness, the other senses Mero has are increased. Using hearing, smell, and feel he can find where people are, however that's only if Mero can actually hears, smells, or feels them. This ability only works if Mero cannot see. If vision is restored, the senses are brought back to their normal levels. (This is an ability I've used in real life using a blindfold and 2 months of practice. Mero can't see much outside of a small area of view (Windmill rank F) unless using mana as an amplifier (Windmill rank 1)(Vibrations in the ground made by someone stepping can be heard. When it rains, the splashing is heard. Crunching in the snow, ruffling in the grass, Et cetera. Smell is... not as reliable, but can be reliable too. OBJECTS WITHOUT A SMELL CANNOT BE 'SEEN')

Skill Number Two: Vincible Resistance**
Mero has been encouraged by many people, and in idiotic illusionment and determination, has built up a willpower. This ability allows Mero to last a bit longer in certain situations that rely on the mind, such as being enchanted. This means that it would take him a while longer to be completely affected by something. It does not make him immune to anything however, and he can only resist things on an average of 10 (IC) Minutes longer than the average person, in most cases. In unusual cases, this ability is canceled. The easiest way to cancel this ability is to put Mero to sleep. (Basically just willpower. I've done similar in real life towards laughing gas, etc.)

Skill Number Three: Sturdy Body**
Mero takes beating, after beating... after beating... after beating... His mind is set to accept pain, and although his body will take it, he won't feel it as much. This doesn't mean his body get's half the damage it recieves, it just means that he feels less of the pain. This means he can take torture a bit better than others, and just general pain. Mero may not be able to make a good hit, but he sure can take one. Although this sounds good, it doesn't mean he can take pain forever. eventually it catches up to him, and he takes it like any other person. (This entire skill is based off the concept of Mana shield, and is represented by it as well)

(I have tested ALL of these "powers" in real life, and trust me it was NOT EASY trying the third one. Although... that's just based off my own luck. Q_Q)

*This ability requires Mero to train without vision in the body he is in. It would take about Five months for him to be accurate even one third of the time, fifteen months without vision and practicing with it to truly use this ability. If vision returns for even one second, yet he is in the same body (Example: blindfolded, temporary blindness/curable blindness), he needs to retrain for another 8 months to regain use of this ability.

**This skill depends on Mero's in Complete Sync. with the body he resides in. Complete Sync. usually takes five years of being in the body. (Not Five ages, Five exact weeks after he comes back.) If the body is a different gender than the previous one, it takes him Ten years instead of Five.

Last edited by MeroKida on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Left out a detail)
Lenaliere
Lenaliere
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Mero's Abilities! Empty Re: Mero's Abilities!

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:14 pm

What is the distance that you can locate people?
Can you use this ability to track people between maps like a bloodhound?

Honestly I don't see ripping out your eyes as a way to gain these abilities.
If you used mana as a medium then I could be more flexible as to how you use them.
I have a close friend that's been blind since she was born and cant locate anything with her "super senses".

Vincible Resistance seems that it would be based off of int more than will, or at least a combination of both.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:07 pm

I edited the first one. The second one, I don't see INT fitting in, highlight the stat. It does with rational capability. Vincible Resistance is based on Ignorance and Blind Determination. A stat that increases rational capability will not help me in the slightest with it.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:22 pm

I don't exactly see a problem, but I'd like to point something out: the body doesn't immediately compensate when a sense is lost. It happens gradually as the brain activity is put forth towards the other functioning senses and neglecting what is lost, simply because it isn't needed. However, even without eyes, at first the mind will continue to -try- to send and recieve signals. And, let it be known, as Snake put it in 999, 'I'm far from superhuman'.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

Just a quick comment... If you lose the sense completely, yes, the other senses will eventually get stronger to compensate. However... if you only lose a bit of it, the other parts actually get weaker to compensate. So if you lose a eye, the other eye gets weaker. Lose hearing in one ear? The hearing in the other gets worse. Lose an arm? The other arm doesn't get stronger... it gets weaker! The reasoning for this is because your body is constantly striving for equilibrium, a balance. While one side is slightly stronger, the body attempts to keep both sides as a balance. That's why when you lose an arm... the other arm gets weaker (The body believes the lost arm is still there with no strength, thus weakening the other to balance it).

Now... senses wise, it's important to keep in mind one simple fact... if you don't lose the sense completely, the other senses will not get stronger. Just my tidbit
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 am

I'm going to say something about the improved senses tidbit. Granted your senses would be heightened, I really don't think being able to nullify any ability to sneak up would be nice. I mean I had similar abilities with improved hearing and smelling with Glacia, but she is a cat. Also, Just because you can do something in real life doesn't mean your character can do it. On top of this, Mero is a Milletian. Once he dies, he gets his eyes BACK, rendering the power useless in the first place. Quite honestly, wouldn't ALL these powers just become pointless once he rebirths? Since rebirth gives you a new body, his senses would return to normal, he would feel pain and stuff again, and I don't think the resistance isn't a power so much as it is saying you can hold out for this much longer. I can hold out for longer, I just gotta stall with text. Bam, done. See where I'm going with this? There is no "set" time for an effect to take place. and 10 IC minutes is 15 seconds. That's just 15 seconds longer. And I'm sure someone else stronger could hold out even longer without requiring a power.

That's just my overall thought.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 am

I should remind people... Mero is also a cat. It's in his bio. Also only the senses would be renewed on death. Because while the body is renewed, the mind is not. What Mero is stating, as I see it is that his willpower is stronger and gives him a bit more time to resist. The other factor is for pain... he feels it, but he's become used to it mentally, thus making him more tolerant. To be honest, when you rebirth, even the pain tolerance changes. It's never the same. One body could have slightly better senses than another, one could be slightly stronger, one may take pain well or be more sensitive to it. These powers just state that whatever the case is, mentally, it doesn't affect him as much, so he can shrug it off a bit more.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 am

The thing is Krystal, and something you should consider. Each body feels pain differently. So he would have to go through the process of getting used to how the new body feels pain before he can start blocking it off. and the power is QUITE similar to Glacia's tolerance, except she just flat out doesn't feel it. And her's does reset every time she rebirths. While the mind isn't renewed and the body is, as you said, this means the Nerves are renewed too. And these could more more or less sensative to pain, to which Mero could essentially take a hit that causes more of a feeling then what he blocks out, meaning he would feel it.

On the second part. Yea, his willpower may be stronger, but I don't see that as a power. And I'm sure there are some of us who, even if he has more willpower, have much more "willpower" than him. And if it becomes based on stats, then it wouldn't be a power.

As for the senses, I think you are missing the main point. He was requesting them due to the fact that Mero BECAME blind, not because he is a cat. When he rebirths, it would render the power useless as his senses would essentially become normal again. Now if he wants to have the higher smell and hearing because of the cat thing, he can request those or set that as the reasoning, not due to blindness which is rectified by a simple rebirth.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Did I not say that it would only last as long as he is blind? It says clearly that when Mero's vision returns, it will go away. ._.

As for the rebirth thing, I admit I am sorry that I forgot about that, I shall edit that in. Please wait a moment... -will edit this post when I am done editing-

EDIT: I am done. Please notify me of any new issues.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 am

First off I just want to be clear I'm not really against these requests. However, depending on the time frame Mero is actually blind then that is what would cause his other senses to become more attuned. But since once you rebirth you'll get your sight back I think you should think of the possibility of it taking longer for you to become more accustomed for Mero to actually be able to see again. Just like when you rebirth it normally takes some time for you to not be so squishy. Your character must level up some and even age a few years before you normally see back on par how he/she was before the rebirth. Aside from this note I see no real issues with the other two requests and I can easily approve those. Smile
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:23 am

Double post cause I'm awesome? Just moving until it's posted on again. Updated or whichever. Very Happy
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down