Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vita's abilities

+4
Auramune
Vayne
Roze
Glaceon
8 posters

Go down

Vita's abilities Empty Vita's abilities

Post  Glaceon Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Vita has quite a few renames to actual skills, so here's the list.

Spirit Weapon: Graf Eisen
Graf Eisen is the reincarnate of Vita's old weapon from her world. Vita has trained with Graf Eisen for a bit, and have developed a few unique moves.
Attacks:

Swallow Flyer: Vita produces up to 4 magic spheres, and uses Graf Eisen to launch them at the opponent. They home in and explode. The attack can be avoided with timing and movements.
OOC: Icebolt. Charging time is her producing the sphere itself, then she smacks it ICly towards the opponent, which is me firing the icebolt. Explode is just minor since it's not like her world, and enemies can dodge it, which it will turn a bit then explode, without hitting the enemy, OOCly the enemy evading it.

Comet Flier: Similar to Swallow Flier, but it's a large magic sphere. This takes much longer to produce, but is capable of knocking down -most- opponents. Like with Swallow Flier, this attack can be avoided with timing and movements.
OOC: Firebolt. The size of the sphere is dependent on the number of charges I use. If hit while she is making the sphere, is it cancelled. Evade dodges the attack if timed right. Enemies with Adv. Heavy Stander and Eclipse of Wings active CAN NOT be knocked down.
>-For both Fliers: If knocked down before she can launch the attacks, she drops the sphere and it dissipates into mana and is lost.-<

Giant Form: Vita uses her giant powers in this world to give herself a power boost and added abilities.
OOC: Transformation

Roaring Storm Giant Crusher: Using her power in Giant Form, she is able to do a devastating attack capable of hitting multiple targets for massive(kinda) damage. However, it is possible to move away from the range and avoid getting hit.
OOC: Giant Full Swing. Power Level determines how hard she swings Graf Eisen. If you are in her range, you are going to get hit.

Approaching Target: Vita can use Graf Eisen to close in on a target quickly. Being hit with magic will stop the attack. Can not use repeatedly, as it takes time to recharge after initiating.
OOC: Charge. Self-explainatory?

Comments, Questions?

Last edited by Karis on Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Vita's abilities Empty Re: Vita's abilities

Post  Roze Fri May 27, 2011 2:16 pm

So.. although she doesn't know German, she can understand it completely? That doesn't sound right to me. Also, what do you mean her 'Kometen Fliegen' can knock her opponent down no matter what? We have the evade skill for a reason. That sounds like an auto-hit which is god-modding.

Also your German words aren't conjugated properly.

And: your 'Gegenstand kommt nah' isn't Approaching Target, it means Subject comes close. Similar, but not exact. You'd be good to not use a translator for entire phrases, but a word or two.

Last edited by Roze on Fri May 27, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roze
Roze
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Karis wrote:
Spirit Weapon: Graf Eisen
Graf Eisen is the reincarnate of Vita's old weapon from her world. Graf Eisen only speaks German, which despite speaking English, Vita can understand completely.

>_> You can't understand a language you can't speak, you know that, right?

And you can't claim it's a mental connection, no psychic powers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Vita's abilities Object10

Hold it right there, This looks to me like a meta-tool for understanding another language.

Having a device that came from outside Erinn in any fashion is against the rules, as is metagaming.

Something that cannot be avoided?

There is no skill or power that has the right to autohit, there is no foolproof thing in existence.

I do not approve.

What about you, Beatrice? >___>
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Vita's abilities 357eqky
To clarify what has been said.

What will not be permitted
-God-modding (ie: anything that will allow you to auto-hit, auto-dodge, auto-escape, auto-know, auto-perceive, auto-notice, auto-control, auto-heal, or anything else auto. This also includes anything that will make you god-like).
-Power-playing (ie: This includes everything above, especially invulnerability and other such things).
-Anything that has a high chance of use for the above. This will not take into account the proposing guild-member.
-Violation of these will result in a disapproval of the power.

Editing the auto-hit will allow this to be approved.
If you do not speak German IRL then how are you able to speak it in game? Not just speak, comprehend? Using a translator to go between what someone says to you, from the spirit weapon to be able to relay the information I guess is alright? But instead of having the weapon speak fluent German, just change it to know certain German phrases. I don't see much of an issue since it's only a language, but if you're not fluent, then it's not fluent. Edit this if you still want it to speak German, and then I'll look back for the approval.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

I never said it came from another world. It's a spirit weapon. Ego Weapon, Giant Battle Hammer. And what Auto-hit?

I realize I said Reincarnate, and that may have been the wrong word to use. It's not actually FROM her world. She got a Battle Hammer Spirit Weapon and named it after her old weapon. She also named several abilities after her previous abilities from her world. And "Homing" is a word to say it targets the enemy. Evading is still a viable way to dodge the attacks. None of the attacks are Surefire autohits. You can easily dodge them using evade or being at a distance.

As for the german, I'll limit it to just those listed there as attack names. Other than that, she knows NOTHING else of German.

So to clarify on this. The ONLY German she knows is:
Schwalbe Fliegen
Kometen Fliegen
Gigantform
Gegenstand kommt nah

Other than these, she knows NO german. I will update the first post to correct these issues.

Do these fixes help, and did I nail the issue spots?

Edit: Updated the first post, added that the attacks can be avoided. Nothing is auto-hit, I know this. Everything can be dodged/stopped.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Roze Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I have a question then, if its not from another world. Why would a spirit weapon know fluent German when its not even a commonly spoken language in Erinn?
Roze
Roze
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 27, 2011 7:21 pm

the updated post says Vita Taught the Spirit the attacks, which includes the German names.

Also, having just now read it. @Roze's First post: It's not meant to be exact, it's what it was called in the area where the character is from.

And in all honesty, it's just fancy names for attacks. Doesn't matter if they are spelled right or conjugated right. I'm going by an online source. The current stance with the German is Vita only remembers what her weapon said from her previous world. She taught the attack names to her spirit weapon and practiced the attacks with them.

@Vayne: I also said I updated the first post. And in my second post, I said it was the wrong word to use. Would changing it be a better solution, because I don't know how else to word it.

Last edited by Karis on Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri May 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Vita's abilities Object11

You said, and I quote, 'Graf Eisen is the reincarnate of Vita's old weapon from her world. Graf Eisen only speaks German, which despite speaking English, Vita can understand completely.' Reincarnation means, quite literally, rebirth. Rebirth into another form or state, but rebirth nonetheless. A weapon cannot come through the soulstream, and so cannot be reborn as her spirit weapon.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Roze Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm

>_______> Your words still aren't conjugated properly. They say 'Comet Fly' and 'Swallow Fly'. Also, if your characters no longer know German, why are you keeping the names in German? They wouldn't know what it meant. It makes me think of the Japanese who just toss english words in songs that make no sense. x3

Last edited by Roze on Fri May 27, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roze
Roze
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Roze wrote:>_______> Your words still aren't conjugated properly. They say 'Comet Fly' and 'Swallow Fly'.

Blame the Online source, not me. In the place where the original character is from, the attack is called what I have. It may be not conjugated properly, but that isn't my fault, and they are what they are.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Kometen Fliegen (Comet Flier): Similar to Schwalbe Fliegen, but it's a large magic sphere. This takes much longer to produce, but is capable of knocking down an opponent no matter what.

No one seems to have noticed that. Nothing can knock a giant out of Windguard only death or skill cancellation. Ill have to say no to that power.

Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Karis wrote:
Roze wrote:>_______> Your words still aren't conjugated properly. They say 'Comet Fly' and 'Swallow Fly'.

Blame the Online source, not me. In the place where the original character is from, the attack is called what I have. It may be not conjugated properly, but that isn't my fault, and they are what they are.
Don't blame you...? You're the one using something you know to be incorrect. o__O

After looking over this whole thread, I'm just gonna say it's a real mess. Just take the time to rethink everything here and post again. As I have said to you before, a huge problem is people not thinking something through entirely. Then THEY get offended when it falls through. My word isn't exactly law, but I highly suggest this be redone.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:Kometen Fliegen (Comet Flier): Similar to Schwalbe Fliegen, but it's a large magic sphere. This takes much longer to produce, but is capable of knocking down an opponent no matter what.

No one seems to have noticed that. Nothing can knock a giant out of Windguard only death or skill cancellation. Ill have to say no to that power.

It also can't knock down things with Adv Heavy Stander, like some people might have an IC thing for with the demi eclipse(like Shira can activate her adv heavy stander).

Also dragons, some Lichs, certain field bosses....

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Alright, they aren't EXACT translations. It's just like how translators work when subbing animes. They don't give you the EXACT translation, because it usually wouldn't make sense. If it was all in German, it probably would make better sense. So the translation the source gives is more of a fixated translation to make more sense in terms of attacks. Comet Flyer makes more sense than Comet Fly. However, if it would be MUCH easier on everyone, I can take out the german part of it and have it be just complete english. Actually, I'm going to fix it up for that. It would be a lot easier.

Going to fix up the firrst post, will edit this one when done.

@Soifa Riiiight, forgot about that. I'll edit it in the first post. Thanks for reminding.

EDIT: Fixed up the first post. No more German, sans the name Graf Eisen. any NEW comments or critiques?
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 30, 2011 8:36 am

Okay, this is why Capt kept telling me not to tell them to edit their first post. Then Lazy people like me can't see the old mistakes =D

Swallow Flyer: Vita produces up to 4 magic spheres, and uses Graf Eisen to launch them at the opponent. They home in and explode. The attack can be avoided with timing and movements.

The home in part: Yes, this looks nice OOC. As, specially before evade, icebolt was technically unavoidable. But if you look at it closely, if you move around, he waits for you to move to fire. The problem with this, is IC uses. You'll literally be able to pull a "Wanted" (movie) and curb the icebolt. Also, if you make it that every time they move, they dodge it, obviously not homing in.

The exploding part: Unless the explosion is so tiny, that it's basically not explosion, it will still hit anyone standing close. Like, two people kissing.
What you can do about this: Is say you can fire 2+ spheres at once, making it unite and explode. (hit both of them)

For Comet flier, the same concern. + What if they use fire magic shield?

For giant form... does... she turn bigger?

For Roar storm giant crusher omega 42 10006. (long name) What's the difference for than the actual skill? Same for approaching target.

Here is a few things to look at. When you pick a power remember the power can also be used IC. And try to think how the old power is used IC.
Second tip, if all it is a name change, you don't have to post it. Just because Xeek calls ice bolt, mega death shot from the 7th heaven of Octomas. Doesn't mean it'll change the fact it's an ice bolt.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 am

The home in part: Yes, this looks nice OOC. As, specially before evade, icebolt was technically unavoidable. But if you look at it closely, if you move around, he waits for you to move to fire. The problem with this, is IC uses. You'll literally be able to pull a "Wanted" (movie) and curb the icebolt. Also, if you make it that every time they move, they dodge it, obviously not homing in.

The exploding part: Unless the explosion is so tiny, that it's basically not explosion, it will still hit anyone standing close. Like, two people kissing.
What you can do about this: Is say you can fire 2+ spheres at once, making it unite and explode. (hit both of them)

I mainly put that part as an effect. The homing affect is small, and the explosion is just the effect when it hits someone. She can't curb it, since she has to smack the sphere at the opponent, leaving no room for it to be able to do complete turn arounds, let alone turn at a decent angle. And the explosion itself is so small it wouldn't hit anyone else as the body it hits would take all the explosion.

The timing and movements part of the description is for if the opponent uses evade, which does require timing and movement.

For Comet flier, the same concern. + What if they use fire magic shield?
That would be another exception, or seen as blocking it with a skill.

For giant form... does... she turn bigger?

I think the trans makes her grow a bit. It's just a fancy name though.

For Roar storm giant crusher omega 42 10006. (long name) What's the difference for than the actual skill? Same for approaching target.

I don't think there are any differences besides the name change. Figured post them anyways to keep all her powers and renames in the same spot.

P.S. Never saw the movie "Wanted" so I don't really get the reference.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 30, 2011 9:07 pm

I mainly put that part as an effect. The homing affect is small, and the explosion is just the effect when it hits someone. She can't curb it, since she has to smack the sphere at the opponent, leaving no room for it to be able to do complete turn arounds, let alone turn at a decent angle. And the explosion itself is so small it wouldn't hit anyone else as the body it hits would take all the explosion.

The timing and movements part of the description is for if the opponent uses evade, which does require timing and movement.

....Then what's the point of the homing in?
And if the body takes all the explosion, is not really an explosion is it?

Wiki wrote: Explosion, a sudden increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases

IC wise, which shield is used to block it?

The rest I am fine with. And I figured people haven't seen Wanted. (Angie<3) so I put what happens. Bullet curves Razz
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 pm

IC wise, Natural Shield would block it as it's just a magic projectile with no element. But OOCly, you would need Fire Shield to block it.

The explosion would be like a bubble popping. Not really an AOE explosion. But if needed, I can take out that part.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue May 31, 2011 1:48 pm

Karis wrote:IC wise, Natural Shield would block it as it's just a magic projectile with no element. But OOCly, you would need Fire Shield to block it.

The explosion would be like a bubble popping. Not really an AOE explosion. But if needed, I can take out that part.

Yes, and the home in too. Post a new post with the final review so I can check it before I give my approval Razz
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 am

Moving due to inactivity. Please contact or update for the request to be moved back.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down