Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approval required. Dante The Ghost Merchant.

+7
Vayne
Teoxihuitl
Mithos
Temo
Adhamh
Auramune
Xeek
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Approval required.  Dante The Ghost Merchant. - Page 3 Empty Re: Approval required. Dante The Ghost Merchant.

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:30 pm

....Uhh... naturally. I'll go with move things and can't be seen. Yay for easy wins in PvP? >_>
Either way. I am just going for the partholon one.
He can move things, he looks humans, and he is visible.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Approval required.  Dante The Ghost Merchant. - Page 3 Empty Re: Approval required. Dante The Ghost Merchant.

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:32 pm

I do believe he wants to be like a Partholon Ghost. Y'know... Something that's... in a robe... forced to Dual Weild... and perfectly exactly the same as the others. Oh. And cannot leave the Shadow Realm. Game mechanics right there, sir. >.>
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Xeek wrote:
Adhamh wrote:I am not arguing to disprove his character, I am merely arguing to disprove his support. I stand vigorously by what I say about him being a hypocrite, and for that reason, I refuse to repost my concerns and further refuse to argue.

By the way.
-No bashing / slandering of characters ideas. The replies to proposals need to be productive and helpful, or need to point out what is wrong with the idea in regards to what has been posted, what is in the rules, or where there is not enough justification. If you have nothing productive to say, say nothing.

Other than that, I take offense to you calling me a hypocrite. When all I am doing is what I always said.
I am following game mechanics. Just because I don't follow the one YOU like. Doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Thank you, Xeek. BY throwing that one rule at me, you yourself just PROVED that you're a hypocrite. Again, I point to the conversation we had the other day in relation to this conversation. YES, I KNOW SOME OF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHEN I BRING THAT UP, but there's nothing that disallows me from bringing it up.

Also, I didn't bash OR slander any of your ideas. If you're talking about me not liking your idea, then I'm sorry, I thought we were trying to discuss whether or not something should be approved. :I
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Alright, but keep in mind they are still very distinct. If someone gets it in their head to destroy him, they can. By taking this route, he'd literally be a Partholon Ghost since the only plausible reasoning for them being able to do this as ghosts is their ancient magic.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Adhamh, I'm going to ask of you to please stop posting in this thread until you have calmed down... Or stopped telling Xeek he is a hypocrite. For now, please take a break. We do not need your posts that have NOTHING to do with the thread. If you have to take it out, take it to a PM with Xeek.

Thank you.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Mithos wrote:I do believe he wants to be like a Partholon Ghost. Y'know... Something that's... in a robe... forced to Dual Weild... and perfectly exactly the same as the others. Oh. And cannot leave the Shadow Realm. Game mechanics right there, sir. >.>

No.. but he manifest himself like a partholon ghost.

(EDITED POST: What Mithos said)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Since he's a ghost within the realm of Erinn, he'd need to fit into one of the categories of a ghost within the realm of Erinn.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:Since he's a ghost within the realm of Erinn, he'd need to fit into one of the categories of a ghost within the realm of Erinn.

X_X... Partholon Ghost..... Is Ghost from the realm of Erinn? And for all we know the Emain ghost family can move stuff.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Since there's no proof of it, we're not going to ASSUME they can, so don't do so here. EVERY ghost that has been shown has ALSO shown what they can do. I have already explained all of these. You're getting the ability to fight AND move stuff AND manifest. Take the hit of being an obvious Partholon. o__O
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Xeek wrote:
(EDITED POST: What Mithos said)

1. I saw what you said before you edited it. I HAVE gone into detail, you just refuse to accept it. Unless I'm going crazy (and after all this, I am starting to go a little bit crazy.), I KNOW I backed my words up.

2. It IS relevant to the post as a whole, because NOW I will say I don't think he should be asking for powers approved until he stops being the hypocrite he is.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:Since there's no proof of it, we're not going to ASSUME they can, so don't do so here. EVERY ghost that has been shown has ALSO shown what they can do. I have already explained all of these. You're getting the ability to fight AND move stuff AND manifest. Take the hit of being an obvious Partholon. o__O

Hit?
And didn't I say I was going to be like a Partholon ghost?

@Auron Please. You were already asked to drop the subject and take it to a PM. I don't mind if you keep posting in my thread but keep it on subject.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Adhamh, please. It's enough. We get your point, you don't have to repeat every time. As you said, you have posted your concerns. Until they are answered, please do not post anything that has to do with Xeek as a person. A power cannot be approved if questions remain unanswered.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Xeek wrote:
Mariella Kana wrote:Since there's no proof of it, we're not going to ASSUME they can, so don't do so here. EVERY ghost that has been shown has ALSO shown what they can do. I have already explained all of these. You're getting the ability to fight AND move stuff AND manifest. Take the hit of being an obvious Partholon. o__O

Hit?
And didn't I say I was going to be like a Partholon ghost?

@Auron Please. You were already asked to drop the subject and take it to a PM. I don't mind if you keep posting in my thread but keep it on subject.
LIKE a Partholon Ghost is NOT a Partholon Ghost. It is just LIKE one. I mean, leaving 0 doubt.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Xeek wrote:Pretty much, he'll mainly feel like a partholon ghost. He can't hax teleport or anything like that, he just has melee skillz.

Someone mentioned it before, but he shouldn't be restricted to shadow realm, since succubi, incubi, sirens, banshees, liches, and other mobs aren't restricted to their places either.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Auramune wrote:
Xeek wrote:Pretty much, he'll mainly feel like a partholon ghost. He can't hax teleport or anything like that, he just has melee skillz.

Someone mentioned it before, but he shouldn't be restricted to shadow realm, since succubi, incubi, sirens, banshees, liches, and other mobs aren't restricted to their places either.
It's a bit different because they really DO exist only there. Most likely because of the dark Erg, so it shouldn't be sneezed at. I'm not saying he should be bound by this, however. Just that he should basically be the mob walking around.

-Formerly human
-Can defend himself
-Can move heavy objects
-Can exist in more than one race (GIANT Partholon Ghosts)

The only downside is being an obvious one, which means people may attack him. Hardly unreasonable.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 pm

They aren't restricted to their places. Dungeons are within the realm of Erinn. Have we had invasions of Shadow Realm creatures? Nope. Have we had invasions of Dungeon creatures? Yup.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Mithos wrote:They aren't restricted to their places. Dungeons are within the realm of Erinn. Have we had invasions of Shadow Realm creatures? Nope. Have we had invasions of Dungeon creatures? Yup.
TECHNICALLY.. they're supposed to be held in by the Goddess Statues. Though we've seen how great those work. >______________>
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Especially when they're destroyed by some posing Dark Lord >_>
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Wasn't there that dungeon in g11 in which parthalonian ghosts were in Bangor?

Last edited by Teoxihuitl on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong generation)
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Mithos wrote:Especially when they're destroyed by some posing Dark Lord >_>
Hell, even WITHOUT it. Any DK can help a Succy outta Rabbie. ANd most of them stay there WILLINGLY cause it's away from meanie humans ;___;
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Wouldn't it also mean that he shouldn't be entering into public places at any time? I realize that people ignore the fact that Erinn is a living, breathing world and there are more people moving about than the few NPCs that stand about, however, if someone wants to be a ghost and they are requesting to be of a variety that is essentially an enemy of Erinn-born people they should not be walking around at will with no regard for surroundings. Aer had stones thrown at her for the way she looks and so she fled to Ceo Island. Enemies of Erinn-born people should not be walking the streets of Dunbarton willy-nilly.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:
Auramune wrote:

It's a bit different because they really DO exist only there. Most likely because of the dark Erg, so it shouldn't be sneezed at. I'm not saying he should be bound by this, however. Just that he should basically be the mob walking around.

-Formerly human
-Can defend himself
-Can move heavy objects
-Can exist in more than one race (GIANT Partholon Ghosts)

The only downside is being an obvious one, which means people may attack him. Hardly unreasonable.

Yes I am aware that a walking ghost will cause trouble. But it wouldn't be that bad, considering fomorians are not attacked. He won't be any more attacked than a fomor back in the day. Seeing how he is able to speak and say he will not harm them, he'll probably be let go.

Also Mithos, IC wise we have >_>
And I am sure somewhere in the story they said they were seeping out. You know.. the reason we were worried about them.. and went there to fight them and all that jazz. So they can leave, we just don't let them.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:Wasn't there that dungeon in g11 in which parthalonian ghosts were in Bangor?
Nope, only SMs.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

It's not different at all.. those mobs only exist in those dungeons as well. You don't see a siren walking around outside of a dungeon on a normal basis. The concept is exactly the same thing.

If the shadow realm didn't have some sort of threat to invading Erinn, then there wouldn't be guards posted up around the Stonehenges.(Someone else said this before, I just don't remember who and where. Wolfe maybe?)
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Galin wrote:Wouldn't it also mean that he shouldn't be entering into public places at any time? I realize that people ignore the fact that Erinn is a living, breathing world and there are more people moving about than the few NPCs that stand about, however, if someone wants to be a ghost and they are requesting to be of a variety that is essentially an enemy of Erinn-born people they should not be walking around at will with no regard for surroundings. Aer had stones thrown at her for the way she looks and so she fled to Ceo Island. Enemies of Erinn-born people should not be walking the streets of Dunbarton willy-nilly.
There are Fomors. Outside of every town. And a town FULL of them. At this point in Mabi, that would no longer occur.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next