Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enro's Application

5 posters

Go down

Enro's Application Empty Enro's Application

Post  Enro Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Character Name: Enro

How You Heard About The RP Society: Google

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? I've been RPing on and off since I was an overly dramatic teenager, so maybe 5-6 years.   I am most used to a futuristic RP on Pardus (No links allowed for me, google it.)  RPing through mabinogi will be a completely new experience to me.

Is English Your First Language?  Yes

A Short Biography Of Your Character:  
(Physically description in progress, I'll update once I get some pon to mess with my appearance a bit.  Enro's appearance will be exactly as seen in game)

Enro is from a world much like our own.  By the year 2047, as a young man in his early twenties, he had already become giant figure in the computer software industry.  As a highly acclaimed and famous programmer deeply immersed in the world of technology, Enro spent his days traveling the world doing research and development where necessary.  During one fateful plane trip over Asia on his flight home from a world technology conference, Enro was napping quietly in his seat when suddenly he was jolted awake by an extremely bright light that floods the plane, with a the subsequent sounds of electronics fizzing out and dying out.  With the plane losing all control and propulsion, it was rapidly sinking into free-fall.

Solar Flare.

Experts has long warned humanity of this day.  A gigantic solar flare, unseen since the 1859 blast, had stuck the earth with full force.  With no doubt the entire modern world has been completely obliterated as all electronic devices cease working, marking the beginning of the worst catastrophe to mankind to date.  However, these thoughts were not running through Enro's mind as he sat in his seat, watching the chaos ensue in the plane around them.  Children were bawling loudly and their mothers crying out, begging for anyone to save them.  Men left and right leaping out of the plane in desperation as it continues its decent to the ground.  As Enro neared his final destination in the soil, he has realization that the very technology he had cherished and loved so much, had doomed them all.

Enro's death was instantaneous.

After a time Enro is awoken on his feet, confused and disoriented as he is greeted by a young silver haired girl.  Unlike many Milletians, Enro quite clearly remembers the events leading up to his death.  After regaining his senses, Enro is sent into the world of Erinn with destiny of a warrior.  Only when he got there did he realize he was no longer human, but a giant, perhaps a change that attests to the colossal figure in the field of technology he once was.

However, life in Erinn was not quite what Enro had expected.  His so-called brilliant coding ability were of no use here, just as they were no use to the moments leading to his death.  You can only imagine Enro's horror as he was faced with confused looks from Krug when he asked for wifi and a cappuccino.  With time, Enro began to become used to life in Erinn, honing his skills as a Knight and close ranged combat.  He is a natural leader and problem solver, his skills as a programmer showing in unexpected ways as he lives this new life.  Confident and capable of quick thinking, Enro is quite often the first to charge into combat, his fear of death alleviated by the mortifying experience in his past life.  His main weakness is because he is so logical, he tends to miss the emotional side of things, which sometimes got him into a lot of trouble, especially with women.

Even now, Enro yearns to reach out and develop technology once more.  Though he had considered attempting to build his own computer, as a software designer, he has very little idea of how to actually put any hardware together.  Thus, Enro continues to roam Erinn, unsure of whether he is really seeking a way back into the technological world of his past, or pushing on towards his abilities as a warrior to the future.

"What I wouldn't give to be able to update my status right now..." - Enro, upon defeating a bear for the first time.

What type of character do you play?
Enro is a close ranged warrior.  He thrives on logic and reason, but is also very brave and quick to put himself in danger to protect others.  Due to his history, he greatly distrust magic and the use of it (Magic seems illogical to him).

What is your Mabinogi schedule? I am a college student right now.  So my schedule is pretty erratic.  I will probably be on everyday unless I procrastinated an assignment too long.  Usually some time between 4pm - 4am EST.  Bonus points if you can guess my major. Very Happy

(I might have failed on the short part of the biography, but hopefully the story is interesting enough for you all to let that slip by Wink)

Last edited by Enro on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Enro
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Enro's Application Empty Re: Enro's Application

Post  Mithos Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm

I've got to say: I like the bio. It's really good.

I also was surprised when I learned that you were playing a giant, as it's rare to see Giant roleplayers.

I must inform you that we're currently in the middle of reorganizing the guild. That means that the current mentors might not be as active in-game as they usually would be­ and that the mentoring program would probably go a little slower than it should. Here comes the choice for you: Either you can keep your application and try to deal as best you can with the current situation or you can wait until later and re-apply after the forum move when everything has been sorted out.

Either way, you get an approval from me!
Although I must point out that you typed "Milletian" wrong and input "militians". =P
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Enro Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Mithos wrote:I've got to say: I like the bio. It's really good.

I also was surprised when I learned that you were playing a giant, as it's rare to see Giant roleplayers.

I must inform you that we're currently in the middle of reorganizing the guild. That means that the current mentors might not be as active in-game as they usually would be­ and that the mentoring program would probably go a little slower than it should. Here comes the choice for you: Either you can keep your application and try to deal as best you can with the current situation or you can wait until later and re-apply after the forum move when everything has been sorted out.

Although I must point out that you typed "Milletian" wrong and input "militians". =P
Ooh..  Good catch.  I fixed that now.  As for mentors, I have a IRL friend that has been playing Mabinogi for a really long time who has taught me how to play and continues to support me, so it should be OK.  If its RP, I have no idea how it works exactly in Mabinogi as opposed to the RP environment I'm from, but I'm sure I'll catch quickly on if I get a chance to observe a session or two.  I'm OK with waiting for the formalities.

As for your "organization" issue, this guild is changing websites?  If there's any issues with that I would be more than happy to help in anyway I can.  (Speaking as someone with a lot of web development experience.)  While it's certainly very ill-advised to let someone you just met mess with your stuff, I'm sure I'd be able to answer questions or provide code snippets if needed.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the approval! Very Happy

Enro
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Congregate Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Mithos wrote:I've got to say: I like the bio. It's really good.

On that note, we're trying to get things going efficiently(see; fast), so if you DO decide to wait until the new forum is launched (we're movin'!), at least you shouldn't be waiting that long.

On the flip side, though, your bio is amazing and I approve. =]
Congregate
Congregate
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 pm

The mentoring program is actually mandatory for every member. But don't worry; It's just some RP sessions in which mentors participate to help getting used to roleplaying in Mabinogi, or just in general. If you want combat tips, though, we're also here for that!
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Enro Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Mithos wrote:The mentoring program is actually mandatory for every member. But don't worry; It's just some RP sessions in which mentors participate to help getting used to roleplaying in Mabinogi, or just in general. If you want combat tips, though, we're also here for that!
Ahh, I see. No problem. I'll just be patient about it.

Enro
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:27 pm

I liked the read on the biography, and from what I can infer from the recent posts, you've decided on a character close to your own personality. This type of character is usually one of the easier ones to play for new role players. Then again, all of a role player's characters have some aspect of their personality.

Here's your third approval. Make sure you apply at the guild stone. It's on the Tir Chonaill map, across the road from the trade post.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Enro Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Kenelm wrote:I liked the read on the biography, and from what I can infer from the recent posts, you've decided on a character close to your own personality. This type of character is usually one of the easier ones to play for new role players. Then again, all of a role player's characters have some aspect of their personality.

Here's your third approval. Make sure you apply at the guild stone. It's on the Tir Chonaill map, across the road from the trade post.
Thank you for the approval. In the past, I actually played many characters that are very different than my personality. So actually I am mixing it up by trying out something a bit closer to who I am this time. I have made the request to join the guild already. All thats left is for someone to accept the application.

Enro
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:19 pm

I realized that when I looked in-game. I just didn't feel like editing my post.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Enro Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 pm

I suppose this thread can be locked and moved now.  I have joined the guild and have already had the opportunity to RP with a couple of the members.  In the short few hours I have interacted with my guildies I already feel right at home.  Thanks again for accepting me to this guild.

EDIT: I do want to RP, if you're interested contact me ingame or inbox me. Smile

Enro
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:10 pm

We don't lock these. Just move them, which only councilors have the permissions, for some reason...
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Khunvyel Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 am

That more or less always irked me and is changed now. Like, seriously. One of the small issues that won't even come up on the new forum due to proper rank administration.

Also, Enro, don't worry about your bio's length. We get rid of the "short" word for the new template on the forum Smile . It is good that there are people like you who go out of bounds in order to deliver quality work. We appreciate that greatly. I didn't care about the short word in my application either *click for shits and giggles Very Happy*
Khunvyel
Khunvyel
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down