Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature

3 posters

Go down

Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature Empty Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature

Post  Dellinger Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

The council has been thinking of offering RPS an anonymous reporting feature that would allow members to anonymously make requests of colored names, report possible issues, etc. We were wondering if this would be supported by the general membership.

As well, does anyone have any recommendation for a system that could make that possible? The council is not familiar with any such digital anonymous dropboxes, and the knowledge of one's existence would be awesome.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature Empty Re: Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature

Post  Glaceon Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 pm

GoogleDocs would probably help with that. Could set something up a form that has like Name of Player, Issue, etc. When they would hit submit, it would get filtered into another place that would give you the results, without revealing who submitted the form.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature Empty Re: Survey: Anonymous Reporting Feature

Post  Dellinger Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 am

Personally, I would see that as an issue because the 'accused' could modify the document if the one document is open to all members. One that could not be editted would need to be made with the person's own account.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 am

Why not make a "shared" account for all guild members to have access to on the forums? The only people who'd know that accessed it would be pink members, and they are trustworthy enough not to dig in to ips until a threat arrives. A person can log in to that public account, mail someone on the council, and then log back off completely anonymous.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am

Actually Dell, my method was from an idea that the GS group I was in with Aeriagames. There was a form available to the public, where people could plug in suggestions, things they enjoyed about the game, basically a review of the game for the GMs. THe information from the form was send to a spreadsheet of sorts, where the info was put into correct boxes. The actual info could only be seen by the GMs and GSes. It was fairly neat system. I could probably look into getting help about setting something similar up. Basically all of RPS would have access to the form, but ONLY the Council would have access to the results.

If that explains it any better.

(GS stands for GameSage, for those not familiar with Aeriagames)
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 am

Could both of you explain this out in the gnitty gritty of how this would work? Also, glacia, could you show me a working example of this at some point then? I didn't know you could do that! =D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:01 am

Basically;

Someone in the council makes an account on the forums, "RPS1" username(Or whatever username it's decided to be.) and gives the account information/password open to the entire guild. Making a post in the rules with the account information, or it's own stickied subject would be best since it will be easily spotted. When someone wants to note a councilor anonymously, they log in to that account and message the councilor, then the councilor can take it from that point forward.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am

I can look into making a working example, sure.

EDIT: OKAY!

This would be the form they use:

http://tinyurl.com/guildissueform

And results get sent to a spreadsheet, that you can change the privacy. Right now, only I can see the results, but if I have people's google name and stuff, I can allow them permission to see results. That way, the form would be free to public, but council could easily limit the result page to just council.

For now, I have the form results set to "anyone with the link."

http://tinyurl.com/guildformresults

I already put in a test answer, if more people want to put in test things, then we can confirm the working example.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down