Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survey #2: Forum Improvements

+2
Auramune
Dellinger
6 posters

Go down

Survey #2: Forum Improvements Empty Survey #2: Forum Improvements

Post  Dellinger Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 pm

As it says: How would you improve the forums if you had the chance to reorganize them? What could be added, removed, moved, combined, etc, to make the forums easier to navigate?

Instructions:
  • Each person is limited to one post until further notice. No quoting. You may edit as many times as you need. Your post must contain your argument. Not a simple "I agree with what X says."
  • If further instructions are posted, follow those instructions.
  • Basic rules of respect, but that shouldn't be an issue if you're posting your own opinion on the matter.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Survey #2: Forum Improvements Empty Re: Survey #2: Forum Improvements

Post  Auramune Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm

In Characters Power and Abilities(keeping other stuff that's in that forum)
Synthesis a subforum
FEC Requests a subforum, with the approporate information to request a FEC in there.

News- in Polls
The Surverys in the Information and Rules could be moved there. As well as any future survey.

"Bhossym" either removed from sight, or moved to "Other games" as a subforum.

"Members Only" forum opened again, and the generation update discussions moved there. It would be much easier to navigate individual posts.

Other Games
Why don't we have a pokemon subforum, already xD!
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

My only suggestion is to bring the Q&A section back. Preferably a whole subsection for it under Information and Rules. So people can have their own post per question.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Peldari Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am

The survey threads (both present and future) should either get their own subforum in the Information and Rules section, or be moved to the Polls subforum.

"Bhossym" should be moved to a subforum in Other Games.

Q&A should be reinstated either as it's own forum or as a subforum in Information and Rules.

Either the Registration or Guild Bulitin forum gets a Timeline subforum which would consist of a bunch of stickied threads, each one being a brief summary of an important guild event.
Peldari
Peldari
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://peldari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Congregate Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 am

Peldari wrote:The survey threads (both present and future) should either get their own subforum in the Information and Rules section, or be moved to the Polls subforum.

"Bhossym" should be moved to a subforum in Other Games.

Q&A should be reinstated either as it's own forum or as a subforum in Information and Rules.

Either the Registration or Guild Bulitin forum gets a Timeline subforum which would consist of a bunch of stickied threads, each one being a brief summary of an important guild event.

I agree completely with this(Don't we have some history in Forum RP Archives already?), and as well I'd prefer it if the Generation update talks(Or anything to do with future content) were put in their own subforum in OOC discussion or what Aura said, in re-opened Member's Only.
Congregate
Congregate
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 am

I agree with most things...

Q&A should be brought back, perhaps as a subforum in the info and rules.

Bhossym should be tossed out completely, it's not needed here.

Pokemon Subforum in the Other Games section please. It's about time we get one.

I also think maybe making the Mabinogi Status into a subforum in OOC discussion, where we state maint times, current events, and then the Updates and Hints that people already post in OOC.

I think everything else is fine as it is.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Question: The Q&A thread as it was was pretty chaotic last time, if I recall. It would move pretty quickly while some people were away, and often stepped outside some bounds.

If you want that back, how do you suggest fixing this problem to make this Q&A idea more managable? Same rules as always.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Peldari Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 pm

I'd apply similar rules to what we're doing here. You get to ask one question. And until it's answered you don't get to ask another. Or you only get one question per 24 hours. Or a combination of the two. That should help keep the volume down to a manageable level.
Peldari
Peldari
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://peldari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Agreed with Pel. Ask a question, everyone gets a single post to give thoughts and comments, and then the person who asked can read through then open it to another round of posts should they see fit.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:27 am

A huge problem with the Q&A thread was multiple questions being asked at once. Instead of making just one thread, why not make a whole subjection? Where each thread is a question of it's own. Questions weren't answered, answers were not able to be found, ect.

In each post, the questioneer(hehe) will write the question, and reedit the first post to have the question and the answer right under it. If the question/answer has a spoiler, a warning should be placed.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:38 am

So far, I like the answers we've gotten, and they're not all so horridly different that I feel bad moving on. What sort of questions should be avoided beforehand? Are there any sorts of things that can be done so that we do not have the same question asked 400 times? AKA, would a newbie guide help in this case as well?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:22 am

A newbie guide would be okay, but as long as people use keywords in their questions, I think Ctrl-Find wouldn't hurt. Or a XXXX can simply link them to the right direction and delete their post.

I don't think any in-game questions should be avoided, though real life questions should follow all our rules, including no RPS*.
IE. No asking about sexual preference, what religions, favorite candidate, ect.

*Asking if certain religious groups exist in Mabi should be fine, as long as there is no foul play, stereotyping, ect.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:34 am

In the subforum with the Q&A stuff, I think a thread titled "Previously Answered Questions" should be made and stickied. This would be a single post from someone that is updated in an FAQ style with Question followed by a summarized answer that the majority has agreed upon. Then people should consult that thread FIRST before asking a question.

And if they don't, we'll know who doesn't read the forums. Very Happy
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:40 am

I think a newbie guide is a great idea. Though I don't think people who answer questions(even if it's on the guide) should just point the newbie to the guide. That would come off sort of cold, and some people learn better by discussing rather than just reading.

As far as the Q&A goes; I feel that some of the answers given may be obsolete now. We've learned a lot about Mabi since it was closed down, and having different answers for then and now might be a problem. So repeated questions could be posted in a new forum/subforum just for Q and A, just so it's all neat and relevant to what we know now.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down