Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

+4
Adhamh
Auramune
Cyler
Xeek
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) - Page 3 Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Cyler wrote:Misread AGAIN! xD;

Aura...I am saying it is nobodies fault. Now I think my point didn't get shown so...basically saying...
They are monsters. Not actual bosses or mains in the plot. Not much of a backstory. As most mainstream monsters, even the GHOST armors, are rarely mentioned even in the distant future. Why would Nexon add anymore info on Daols? That is what I tried to say.

also...AU Erinn...?

Isn't there already many of them? >_> TNN, Vindi, Mabi 2 possibly coming out...? If there was one of a total mimic of Erinn, wouldn't it be mentioned in the mainstreams at all? Or if they died, would the mechanics be different? Because AU's, even mimics, probobly won't be the same. Thus being alternate.

Actually, they are bosses in the mainplot. If Daols were monsters you could just go up to them at any time in the game.

Nogitsune is from an AU Erinn. Her world content doesn't effect Mabi-Erinn. Your character can come from any outside world you wanna make. They'd be a milletian, though. It's no different than making them come from any other world. And, actually, this method has been given to new applicants to the guild, as well.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) - Page 3 Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Cyler wrote:
Isn't there already many of them? >_> TNN, Vindi, Mabi 2 possibly coming out...? If there was one of a total mimic of Erinn, wouldn't it be mentioned in the mainstreams at all? Or if they died, would the mechanics be different? Because AU's, even mimics, probobly won't be the same. Thus being alternate.

The world is linked by soul-streams, TECHNically, we are allowed to leave Erinn, but we don't for RPs sake.
But, what I am saying is what Glacia said.
Basically an identical Erinn that Soifa and Adh control. They can make anything happen. They can have Morri and Nuadha do nothing else but dance.
And he can be NUADHA OF THE FUNK. Or something silly. It's their world, they do as they please, and questions will be answered how ever they want.

So, basically they'll be Milliteans-Daols from another Erinn. Heck, they can even be asleep when they come through the soul stream so they don't know they are from another Erinn.

@Auron: It's YOUR world. You created, like if someone made an AU-Earth.
They would not need a dimensional rift, all soul streams are connected.
And they will lose their power because they are out of their realm.
Also, would it be bad if they kept their power? Maybe stat-wise yes, but Spear of lIght can be represented by Demi.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Honestly, the only problem I see is one I bought up to Ani. I think Daols are an ascended race, not just.. there. They were prooobably human at some point and wouldn't be as confused as your quote suggests, Soifa.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Auramune wrote:
Actually, they are bosses in the mainplot. If Daols were monsters you could just go up to them at any time in the game.

Nogitsune is from an AU Erinn. Her world content doesn't effect Mabi-Erinn. Your character can come from any outside world you wanna make. They'd be a milletian, though. It's no different than making them come from any other world.

Because monsters aren't shown as much as others, doesn't make them a boss. There are many monsters you cannot walk up to anytime. >_> If you want a list, I shall make one. But if it appears in mainstream, doesn't make it locked. I mean there are many rare monsters, nonbosses.

(Btw sorry for delay, dog was wheezing...)
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:

Nogitsune is from an AU Erinn. Her world content doesn't effect Mabi-Erinn. Your character can come from any outside world you wanna make. They'd be a milletian, though. It's no different than making them come from any other world.

Because monsters aren't shown as much as others, doesn't make them a boss. There are many monsters you cannot walk up to anytime. >_> If you want a list, I shall make one. But if it appears in mainstream, doesn't make it locked. I mean there are many rare monsters, nonbosses.

They are seen 5 times in the story. Two times, they stand there, like NPCs.
One time, you can fight them, but they will kill you. The point of the mission is to just run away.
Another time, you fight them as Morrighan,
and finally, you fight them right before Nuadha.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Xeek wrote:
Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:

One time, you can fight them, but they will kill you. The point of the mission is to just run away.

-Sigh-...Misread again. e_e -Wasn't talking about JUST Doals-
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Nono, by power I mean that their SoL won't be as strong as an actual Daol's. Nor would they be as resilient as actual Daols.

Last edited by Adhamh on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:

It shows up ONLY in mainstream. So yes, it does make them mainstream only.

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) - Page 3 96j6u9

And ok Ani xD
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Cyler wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:

Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Make Daol a race template.

Lets just do that.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Perfectly fine with me.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Hoo boy. Hello folks. Guess what? By popular demand, council will look into a Daol template. Reminder, templates don't always need to come first, but they do help in giving a baseline for people.

So... Yeah. No more fighting. Love everyone. Or I'll cut you.

Dellinger
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Dear everyone in this thread that kept an argument going unnecessarily.

The next time you want to argue in someone's thread, and they don't reply after the first page of stupid debating, that means they MIGHT be away!

Oh snap.

Since I was at work and no one bothered to WAIT for me to get back to answer questions and continued on like inconsiderate children, I will not be reading any of your posts. I do not like coming home from work to a text or MSN window saying "Your thread blew up when you weren't here and they all didn't WAIT for you to get here before their blahing and QQing."

I KNOW people in this thread HAVE me on MSN, and can CHECK if I'm available, away, or OFFLINE. Which I was.

NOW, if you have any QUESTIONS, you will post them AFTER this post, and you will post them nicely, or you will shut up. Next time you want to debate about something, I suggest waiting for the original poster to return, because the other people might not have the explanation/answers that the OP might have and cannot answer all questions 100%, because they are not guaranteed to be told everything in private BY the OP, or even understand what the OP had said. These pages? These 3 pages? COMPLETELY unnecessary.

You know what might have happened? If y'all had posted, waited til I came home, and got answers, maybe whatever questions you have would be answered and fears abated.

But no.

So much hate.

Please post questions now. And if you all blow up again, I will make a template for asking questions on my threads, along with strict rules for it. :I

Thus ends my sarcasm. Questions please.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

The jist of it,
Some people (including myself), don't believe Daols should be able to be PC'd. Least not Daols from this Erinn. Reason being, we don't know anything about them.

Others believe it shouldn't matter.

What was proposed, was that you should make Daols from an alternative Erinn, and they traveled here. As they will be milletians AND Daols.
If you want more specific details as to why we believe we don't know enough... I can put a whole buncha questions we can't answer.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm

While I appreciate the suggestion, I decline.

Reasoning was this.

Erinn demigods? Human blessed with godlike powers.

Daols are demigods, and Nuadha's soldiers. Quoting from their page: Daols are Nuadha's loyalists and are humanoid Demigods.

Now, taking that, it is believed(by me and some others) that Daols were once people that were loyalist/zealots, and ascended to, what I call, Nuadha's buttslaves. That is where their demigod powers come from(like the demigod skill), Nuadha.

As they have 'fallen', or abandoned the god, they have lost the demigodness they had, and possess no Spear of Light.(Well..at least mine. If Ani has a differing powers, he'll request and explain them himself)

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:While I appreciate the suggestion, I decline.

Reasoning was this.

Erinn demigods? Human blessed with godlike powers.

Daols are demigods, and Nuadha's soldiers. Quoting from their page: Daols are Nuadha's loyalists and are humanoid Demigods.

Now, taking that, it is believed(by me and some others) that Daols were once people that were loyalist/zealots, and ascended to, what I call, Nuadha's buttslaves. That is where their demigod powers come from(like the demigod skill), Nuadha.

That's exactly the reason they shouldn't be approved. This entire statement.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Okay, but the problem lies in one thing. Through the story, you only see 4 Daols. You can say there is 8(since Morri supposedly killed 4), but they are lore/god related characters.

It is impossible to have a Daol character without interaction from Nuadha, which is why it shouldn't be possible for anyone to play a Daol from this Erinn.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Xeek wrote:Okay, but the problem lies in one thing. Through the story, you only see 4 Daols. You can say there is 8(since Morri supposedly killed 4), but they are lore/god related characters.

It is impossible to have a Daol character without interaction from Nuadha, which is why it shouldn't be possible for anyone to play a Daol from this Erinn.

Doesn't mean more don't exist. In dungeons, you only see one Succubus at the end (sometimes), it doesn't mean that's the only Succubus.

Where's your proof of this "impossibility"?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Adhamh wrote:
Xeek wrote:Okay, but the problem lies in one thing. Through the story, you only see 4 Daols. You can say there is 8(since Morri supposedly killed 4), but they are lore/god related characters.

Doesn't mean more don't exist. In dungeons, you only see one Succubus at the end (sometimes), it doesn't mean that's the only Succubus.
You said it, sometimes. You also see different succubi(hair color and jazz). But that aside, Succubi aren't tied to a God.

What Soifa herself posted? Daols have been shown as nothing else but servants of Nuadha. Why should we assume otherwise?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Adhamh wrote:

When you go in to different rabbie dungeons the succubi appearance changes. Not just form difficulty, from dungeon to dungeon of the same difficulty.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Xeek wrote:
Adhamh wrote:

You said it, sometimes. You also see different succubi(hair color and jazz). But that aside, Succubi aren't tied to a God.

What Soifa herself posted? Daols have been shown as nothing else but servants of Nuadha. Why should we assume otherwise?
I meant sometimes as in, you can fight more than one at times.

And being a servant doesn't mean you don't exist without the master/leader/god. It just means you follow them/work under them. I'm one of the people that believe that Daols are those that were devout to Nuadha and ascended to be his servants.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Auramune wrote:
That's exactly the reason they shouldn't be approved. This entire statement.

Explain.

It's impossible to have a milletian without interaction from Nao. She's a godlike person. Should we cease allowing Milletians because of such interaction?

If I had some servants, and I suddenly got imprisoned, my servants wouldn't all die or..something. They're loyalist demigods, as much research as I could do(without repeating the G, since I have no characters that can do that G and they're not really explained ANYWAY), points them as such. Loyalist demigods. Not just mindless constructs. To be loyal typically means you have the mind to feel that way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 am

It's impossible to have a milletian without interaction from Nao. She's a godlike person. Should we cease allowing Milletians because of such interaction?
Not really... Nao just guides them, there is plenty characters who arrived without Nao. I am personally against Nao being interacted with >_>... Although, is much different, Nao is specified by the game itself to be an interaction tool for ALL PCs. Nuadha is not.

And being a servant doesn't mean you don't exist without the master/leader/god. It just means you follow them/work under them. I'm one of the people that believe that Daols are those that were devout to Nuadha and ascended to be his servants.

If I had some servants, and I suddenly got imprisoned, my servants wouldn't all die or..something. They're loyalist demigods, as much research as I could do(without repeating the G, since I have no characters that can do that G and they're not really explained ANYWAY), points them as such. Loyalist demigods. Not just mindless constructs. To be loyal typically means you have the mind to feel that way.

Right, but neither of you can prove your side. I surely can't prove mine. And based on the fact that we know less than nothing about these characters, they shouldn't be one. You believe there is more than 4(8 ), I don't. Do we have facts? No. Who is right? You because you want your character?
Do you know the history of a Daol? Do you know if they ascended? Or if they were born that way? Maybe Nuadha did summon them? Maybe they are mindless puppet? Can you prove they aren't? I can't prove they are? Again, why should your word be more than mine? If someone forces your character to reveal it's memories of the past through a memory crystal/mirror/orb, would you be able to accurately explained everything that happen from when your 'Daol' was born?

Point is, as far as we know, there is only 4(8 ) Daols, and all the times they have appeared is around Nuadha. Other than that, we do not know much, if anything else at all. So, you will be playing a character you don't know. Do you even know if they are capable of descending? If so, what's the proof?
Daols are NPCs owned by Nexon, we do not know enough to turn them into PCs.

Last edited by Xeek on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:08 am

As Dell stated in my thread, with that kind of logic, we'd have to re-evaluate several powers/characters we do not have in-game proof of. We can't be biased and only judge one thing on that premise. And just like Daols are owned by Nexon, so is the entire game pretty much. Yet we still look into things further than what's supplied. You being one to do so often.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am

They are created to do Nuadah's bidding. Would even think about disobeying him? It comes with the package of being loyalists. Do they have their own free will? Are they around when Nuadah's not there?

Doing this changes their entire purpose and intent in a way that may not be possible, and effects the world by being able to superimpose how Nuadah may or may not react whenever he is not imprisoned. Say he gets free. Why wouldn't he chase after his servants? Or kill them? Summon them back? Then you have interaction with a god that shouldn't be interacted with.

Nao's acting in her intended job. No one's making Nao go to TNN. And people have tried to have Nao do certain things, and they have always been called out on it(like being angry and changing genders on a person.) That would be puppeteering a major NPC.

And honestly, if anyone else suggested these characters with as little information as we know.. would you think twice about not approving them?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next