Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

+4
Adhamh
Auramune
Cyler
Xeek
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) - Page 2 Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm pretty sure Daol isn't a Nuadha Nao. Daols are the species name so to speak, for humanoid demigods that follow under Nuadha's orders and remain strictly loyal. Which brings this question: WHY did they decide to leave Nuadha? Oh he was imprisoned, so that makes them automatically decide to go on their own way rather than doing what a loyalist would likely do and find out how to him out. I want to know why a LOYALIST to someone would decide to basically say "F--- it, I'm going my own way." These Daols are creatures that are created/made to serve Nuadha's every order. Being a Loyalist means they have no issues or complaints against it. Hope you see where this is going. While the concept is neat, I just don't think it was thoroughly thought out.

And while yes, we don't know how many are made, we can assume that they are in constant population because the dungeons and stuffs aren't mainstream, they are always there. (Unless FEC person decides to blow them up) Daols are a different matter though, since they are seen to only ever follow Nuadha around, only appear when Nuadha "summons" them, following his every order to a dot. (Of course, that order being to kill you or Morri.) What if Daols are, in fact, like "pets" to us. Basically just summoned beings created by Nuadha to do his bidding. Nuadha is basically the puppeteer of his Daols.

The wiki doesn't give us much info about what a Daol is.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) - Page 2 Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Glaceon wrote:I'm pretty sure Daol isn't a Nuadha Nao. Daols are the species name so to speak, for humanoid demigods that follow under Nuadha's orders and remain strictly loyal. Which brings this question: WHY did they decide to leave Nuadha? Oh he was imprisoned, so that makes them automatically decide to go on their own way rather than doing what a loyalist would likely do and find out how to him out. I want to know why a LOYALIST to someone would decide to basically say "F--- it, I'm going my own way." These Daols are creatures that are created/made to serve Nuadha's every order. Being a Loyalist means they have no issues or complaints against it. Hope you see where this is going. While the concept is neat, I just don't think it was thoroughly thought out.

And while yes, we don't know how many are made, we can assume that they are in constant population because the dungeons and stuffs aren't mainstream, they are always there. (Unless FEC person decides to blow them up) Daols are a different matter though, since they are seen to only ever follow Nuadha around, only appear when Nuadha "summons" them, following his every order to a dot. (Of course, that order being to kill you or Morri.) What if Daols are, in fact, like "pets" to us. Basically just summoned beings created by Nuadha to do his bidding. Nuadha is basically the puppeteer of his Daols.

The wiki doesn't give us much info about what a Daol is.

Nice said but I disagree on one thing. Even if you are created to be loyal and to follow them, well when they cannot anymore (Him being taken to god jail) couldn't that let them think about their positions? Their life? More about them? They may have been created by them, but I don't believe they are mindless puppets. Everyone can think.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

How do we know they -aren't- mindless puppets, Cyler? We simply don't have enough information.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

The why was answered in the bios. They didn't SUDDENLY change loyalties. They had doubts since before he was imprisoned. Just because they were created, doesn't mean they can't think and adapt/evolve. We're basing these characters on the premise that these two daols decided to think for themselves. They took in what they saw around them and considered the knowledge.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 pm

They are a DemiGod. Nao is a demigod as well. They may have different 'jobs,' but it doesn't mean they aren't the same. A loyalist that does whatever their respected god asks them to do. It defines both Nao and Daols.

If I had to guess, I would say a Daol has no free will. They are created to do Nuadah's bidding. They wouldn't even think about disobeying him. It comes with the package of being loyalists, afterall. And if that's what is known about Daol's, then that's probably their mentality and probably the only thing that they are.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Glaceon wrote:How do we know they -aren't- mindless puppets, Cyler? We simply don't have enough information.

How do we know they aren't? And to Aura.

Don't you think when Nuadh was sealed away, so would his powers? Thus releasing control of Daols? ALSO there may be many loyalists, yes, but wouldn't at least two be able to be free? Have their own opinions?
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Nao has a bit more free will than the Daols. I wouldn't call her much a demigod so much as she is just a "Diciple" of Morrighan. She does still hold a close bond to Tarlach too.

Spoiler:

Basically the big issue with these characters is not enough information is given ABOUT Daols in general to have player-characters of them.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Cyler wrote:
Glaceon wrote:How do we know they -aren't- mindless puppets, Cyler? We simply don't have enough information.

How do we know they aren't? And to Aura.

Don't you think when Nuadh was sealed away, so would his powers? Thus releasing control of Daols? ALSO there may be many loyalists, yes, but wouldn't at least two be able to be free? Have their own opinions?

No, I don't. Especially since you can't just go some place that isn't a mainstream quest to see them.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

IN my opinion, when Nuadha got imprisoned, the Daols were unable to be summoned/created anymore. We don't see them walking anywhere. They were only there when Nuadha summoned them, which he did so in the same manner that things are summoned. I think that they are linked to Nuadha, and when he became imprisoned, Daols ceased to exist outside the imprisoned area.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm

As Adh said earlier about the wolves, they can't be seen in either. Yes they are here.

Also, I think they could of came to Erinn, but some stay faithful to him due to lack of knowledge. These two apparently gained their own knowledge and decided to do this.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 pm

But thing is, we all take races that were set to do specific things because of the game's boundaries, and add personalities to them. We make them dynamic characters, we make them our own. The basis of a role-playing is creativity, or at least that's what I believe. I mean, I'd completely understand if these characters were at their full demi-god status, but they aren't. They're weakened. Look at Kristell. She was able to separate herself from the common succubus by changing, by evolving. That's all we're doing with these daol characters. Giving them the ability to think for themselves, therefore making them dynamic characters.

Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Cyler, you are pretty much proving mine, Aura, and Glacia's point. I don't think either of us is saying that a Daol is a powerful creature, we are stating that we don't know anything about them.

Even if they had their powers, I wouldn't have a problem with it(as long as it can be represented.)

But the main fact in this is, we know very little to nothing about them of their condition. We don't know to what extent they serve Nuadha, are they loyalist? Or are they traitors waiting for back stab him? Are they angels any god can use? Or are they parts of Nuadha he separated using some sort of god-magic? Are they summoned by him, as a pet? Like a Lich would summon a bomb stead. Would Nuadha chase them if he is free? Would Morrighan seek revenge? Is there a limited amount, making them a specific nexon only NPC? Are their even any Daols left? Can they even fall? Did Morrighan round them up after Nuadha was jailed? Was Nuadha even really jailed? We saw him trapped in Falias, then Marlowe said he was in one of the Avon Cells, in the end of G16 you may or may not see him in Falias again, along with Cichol and Morrighan. How was there past? Shouldn't they know things we don't? Things we can't answer? Did they just come to life? Are they Milliteans that Nuadha upgraded to Demi-gods for his own usage?

None of these questions we can answer with certainty.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Kristell developed a crush on Tarlach, and had the help of a high-god to make her human.

Spoiler:

Succubi aren't fomor loyalists. Daols ARE Nuadha Loyalists. There is a difference.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Adhamh wrote:But thing is, we all take races that were set to do specific things because of the game's boundaries, and add personalities to them. We make them dynamic characters, we make them our own. The basis of a role-playing is creativity, or at least that's what I believe. I mean, I'd completely understand if these characters were at their full demi-god status, but they aren't. They're weakened. Look at Kristell. She was able to separate herself from the common succubus by changing, by evolving. That's all we're doing with these daol characters. Giving them the ability to think for themselves, therefore making them dynamic characters.

What Glacia said. You don't know if the latter is possible.

Since when do Glacia and I agree on something?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Nuadha -was- jailed. That's a question we can answer with certainty. o_o Otherwise, we'd still be in G12 or something, with him still doing what he was trying to do. xD;

And yes Xeek, we don't. But since we lack the information, we're using creativity to make them characters. Weakened-down so that they're not too strong for our standards.

I see your guys' issue, but I don't see why it's such an issue.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

And is that really of our faults? We have been given a limited amount of knowledge because of this game. Nexon puts monsters in all the time, highly powered ones, without much a background. Heck, not even an explanation of Ancients. The Lich is one of the most powerful monsters in Mabi too. But they haven't been given much of a backstory either. The monsters were just "another monster" to Nexon, but we are putting more than they thought into it. Honestly, I don't think they will add much info about it in the future at all. Unless more Daols with more forms come out. If so, then there's that. But for now, there really isn't much harm to this. Glacia made good points about them most likely being endless also. So I do not see why these two would have extremely close ties to Nuadh.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Adhamh wrote:Nuadha -was- jailed. That's a question we can answer with certainty. o_o Otherwise, we'd still be in G12 or something, with him still doing what he was trying to do. xD;

And yes Xeek, we don't. But since we lack the information, we're using creativity to make them characters. Weakened-down so that they're not too strong for our standards.

Because, this would be almost identical to playing a god-character or any other NPC.
Right now, if I use a taming spell to make your character show me it's memories, what would you do?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

It's not anyone's fault, Cyler. It's just the way it is.

Why not use an alternate universe of Erinn to bring them in? That way you guys have control over the content in that world. No one, IC, would really know the difference. But it would allow the daol's to be under your control, instead of a big questionmark of their information.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Cyler wrote:And is that really of our faults? We have been given a limited amount of knowledge because of this game. Nexon puts monsters in all the time, highly powered ones, without much a background.
That isn't our fault, but it wouldn't be right either way. If we step into things we don't know someone is going to get hurt. What if someone decides to make the same character, but he wants it totally different?
"Soifa and Adh were first, so their way is right?" There is a difference from using different type of werewolves, since Millitean werewolves can come.

Heck, not even an explanation of Ancients. The Lich is one of the most powerful monsters in Mabi too. But they haven't been given much of a backstory either. The monsters were just "another monster" to Nexon, but we are putting more than they thought into it. Honestly, I don't think they will add much info about it in the future at all. Unless more Daols with more forms come out. If so, then there's that. But for now, there really isn't much harm to this. Glacia made good points about them most likely being endless also. So I do not see why these two would have extremely close ties to Nuadh.

Ancient is old monsters, that can either be game mechanics or considered an alpha.
Lich are just very powerful undead monsters, they aren't plot related. And THAT is where the difference lies.

Exactly, they won't add more information. What if we later find out all Daols are dead? What then.

Now, let me post a solution... *drum rolls*
These Daols can be from an alternative Erinn.

Edit: Oora, you idea thief.
But expanding, that way, in your Erinn, you can do what ever you want. You can say Nuadha slapped them, or they killed Nuadha or what ever you want. Erinn is not your world, AU-Erinn can be.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Misread AGAIN! xD;

Aura...I am saying it is nobodies fault. Now I think my point didn't get shown so...basically saying...
They are monsters. Not actual bosses or mains in the plot. Not much of a backstory. As most mainstream monsters, even the GHOST armors, are rarely mentioned even in the distant future. Why would Nexon add anymore info on Daols? That is what I tried to say.

also...AU Erinn...?

Isn't there already many of them? >_> TNN, Vindi, Mabi 2 possibly coming out...? If there was one of a total mimic of Erinn, wouldn't it be mentioned in the mainstreams at all? Or if they died, would the mechanics be different? Because AU's, even mimics, probobly won't be the same. Thus being alternate.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Those -are- Erinn, not AU. AU is basically another world/life that is exactly like Erinn, but not OUR Erinn.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:44 pm

They may be connected, but not all the same. TNN is even mentioned as being another realm/world/level. (Game reference)
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Xeek wrote:
Adhamh wrote:Nuadha -was- jailed. That's a question we can answer with certainty. o_o Otherwise, we'd still be in G12 or something, with him still doing what he was trying to do. xD;

Because, this would be almost identical to playing a god-character or any other NPC.
Right now, if I use a taming spell to make your character show me it's memories, what would you do?

But thing is, it really isn't. Like it was mentioned several times, their powers were stripped so no, it wouldn't be identical to playing a god-character.

What if in falling, they lost their memories as well?

As for the AU Erinn suggestion, it's an interesting idea. But I'm not sure if we're even allowed to create AU Erinns to bring our characters in to actual Erinn. Would they pass through the soul stream in doing so or would they come in through a dimensional rift in order to remain powered-down daols? I'm not sure what the protocol is on that. Can anyone answer that for me?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:47 pm

TNN is another world in the same universe. TNN and Erinn are connected through dungeons I believe, namely Barri.

Also, I think they'd end up coming through soul stream or something. Its been done before.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm

I say we should...
A. Wait on a colored member to jump in. (Councilor/Mentor)
or
B. Wait till Soifa comes home from work since she is part of this too, can put her input in, and give suggestions on her behalf. it IS her thread.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next