Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt)

+4
Glaceon
Auramune
Xeek
Adhamh
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) Empty Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt)

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) Newcha11

Name: Kian
Alias: Brother (only called so by his sister)
Race: Fallen Daol
Family: Isibeal (Sister)
Hobbies: Wandering Erinn with his sister and learning about the world and its inhabitants from a mortal's perspective. Playing the Lyre.
Hair color: White
Eye color: Amber
Personality: Solemn, distant, quiet, pretentious, arrogant.
Quote: "Mortals are so...interesting."
Song: Angel With A Shotgun - The Cab
Noticeable Traits: He has a pair of large, black, feathered wings, his eyes appear to glow occasionally.
Bio:
Kian and his sister, Isibeal, were Daol soldiers for Nuadha. They were strong and obedient...for the most part. Near Nuadha's demise, they began to doubt their leader. They questioned as to whether they were fighting for the right reasons. They dared not share these thoughts though, for fear of punishment. They simply waited. Then, finally, a mysterious warrior arrived to Falias. The warrior engaged Nuadha in combat and the two witnessed the demise of several brethren.

"This is our chance. Let us escape to Erinn, Isibeal."

The siblings took the opportunity to escape. They'd grown tired of being mindless drones and yearned to live free like those in Erinn. They fled to the portal left by the warrior. Upon leaving Falias, the two fell (both literally and figuratively), and were stripped of their abilities and their Daol-like appearance. They were given teenage bodies, but their wings remained.

Note: Upon falling, they lost their immortality. They're as mortal as Tuathans, just stronger/more resilient.

Last edited by Adhamh on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) Empty Re: Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt)

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Adhamh wrote:Nono, by power I mean that their SoL won't be as strong as an actual Daol's. Nor would they be as resilient as actual Daols.

Also, may I ask this discussion be moved to my char's thread? Soifa's not around, so I don't want her to have a billion zillion updates. xD;

Isn't that what I had said? xD They can have SoL, it just wouldn't be as strong. After all, damage isn't a set number.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) Empty Re: Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt)

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) 96j6u9

As I was saying, the fact that they only appear in a mainstream quest and no where else, makes them a mainstream monster.

Teoxihuitl wrote:Make Daol a race template.

Lets just do that.

The issue isn't the character themselves. Or powers that apply with them. It's setting in stone information that we just simply don't have. Superimposing things that may or may not be true. They shouldn't be Daols from our-universe's Erinn.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Daol as a Milletian-Only Race template then? Kinda like Alps, and some of the other templates that aren't actually races in the game.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Glaceon wrote:Daol as a Milletian-Only Race template then? Kinda like Alps, and some of the other templates that aren't actually races in the game.

Milletian-Only Race template would be fine.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Lets just do that.

Unless we are going with Milletian-only, that's kind of silly... we have a problem with two daols existing, so we make a ton more? Each having the same problem.

I think they should be Milletian-only, which is no different than them making their own Erinn...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm

(( placeholder for response ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Ohgod. I hadn't realized you guys saw me saying to move here. I deleted that comment from Soifa's thread because I changed my mind. Figure it'd be better to keep it all organized in one thread. But oh well. xD;

Honestly, I -love- the idea of a milletian-only race template. I only made them mortal so they wouldn't be too overpowered. Them coming through the Soul Stream and ending up milletian Demi-Daols is what you're suggesting, right? If so, it's perfectly fine with me.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 pm

That is what everyone seems to be suggesting Ani. So if you are fine with it, it's all GUCCI.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Xeek wrote:

Lets just do that.

Unless we are going with Milletian-only, that's kind of silly... we have a problem with two daols existing, so we make a ton more? Each having the same problem.

I think they should be Milletian-only, which is no different than them making their own Erinn...

I say we wait till more of authority to jump in before continuing, two people that share the same thoughts probably won't help much. We need more perspectives. XD; Just pointing it out, might be helpful for all of us. Heck he likes it, sounds cool to him. But maybe we should wait for Soifa or the others.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Adhamh wrote:Ohgod. I hadn't realized you guys saw me saying to move here. I deleted that comment from Soifa's thread because I changed my mind. Figure it'd be better to keep it all organized in one thread. But oh well. xD;

Honestly, I -love- the idea of a milletian-only race template. I only made them mortal so they wouldn't be too overpowered. Them coming through the Soul Stream and ending up milletian Demi-Daols is what you're suggesting, right? If so, it's perfectly fine with me.

Pretty much xD.

And your thread needed from Funk-love too.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Adhamh wrote:Ohgod. I hadn't realized you guys saw me saying to move here. I deleted that comment from Soifa's thread because I changed my mind. Figure it'd be better to keep it all organized in one thread. But oh well. xD;

Yeah xD They can have SoL and other light demi-skillz. You can't over power something if you can represent it. And they can literally have Demi-god, maybe even Brionac if you two work something out.

Nuadha of the funk!
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 pm

May I ask that responses be put on hold now (Unless by a colored person), until Soifa returns? This involves her, as well.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Yes...XD
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Kian, the Fallen Daol (Auron Bodyalt) Empty With Ani's Permission / On Council Authority

Post  Dellinger Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Auramune wrote:The issue isn't the character themselves. Or powers that apply with them. It's setting in stone information that we just simply don't have. Superimposing things that may or may not be true. They shouldn't be Daols from our-universe's Erinn.

A general response to this thought that keeps getting brought up: Many things we've already done could also be considered superimposing things that may or may not be true... Like how most powers get approved in the first place if they're not specifically lore-based. Like abilities an individual had before Erinn that they still have in Erinn... Or having racial templates for races that just plain don't exist within the world... Or how people keep a race from outside the world when the souls should be placed in the bodies of natives to Erinn... Like making guns... pocket dimensions... various forms of lycanthropy in the beginning... magic that just doesn't exist as a playable ability... etc... etc... Are we going to question all of those as well? I mean, if so, we can re-evaluate all such things on top of these requests.

If we're going to be open about what we superimpose, then we should be genuinely open. If we're going to be closed about what we allow, then we should be closed. But saying "This superimposition is ok, these others aren't, when they're all equally superimposing" isn't a valid, logical argument. We keep doing this thing where members pick and choose what's ok, almost on personal preferences. Either we're open, or we're not. And we need everyone to either get on board with having powers and accepting these superimpositions, or get on board with removing them altogether. There is no middle ground. Either you rewrite the world, or you accept the world as is. But... we'll be making a general announcement to this effect soon. It's begun to be a broader thing. >.>

For comments on Daol's, initial thoughts on templates will involve advanced endurance (probably stamina, maybe heavy standers) and possibly spear of light. And then an affinity for religion and knowing the Gods.

I'd like to leave this hear. There will be a general announcement in relation to some of the stuff discussed here soon. I would advice that people leave this as is, or message me over MSN if you have questions. I would prefer you all just be patient. What will be posted will rely on guild, and will rely on everyone's behavior. Due to other obligations I have tonight, as well, the more you interrupt me, the less I'll respond to you and get everything done.

So, patience please. =D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Updated the bio to fix the escaping Falias issue.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I am not sure if Soifa is doing the same thing, but a few things I wanted to mention.
Loyalist:A person who remains loyal to the established ruler or government, esp. in the face of a revolt.
Why would they abandon Nuadha during the fight? Secondly, Nuadha's fight is away from when you open the portal.
And finally, you are breaking another rule, having your character be part of a generation mission.

Here is what the person who suggested your idea said in another thread.

Glaceon wrote:
...Also keep in mind that Mainstream Story doesn't happen to your character ICly, it's all OOC events, and NPCs, such as Morgant, don't take favortism, so yea... Just a few things to keep in mind.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 pm

What he is suggesting is that they were WATCHING the fight, not participating in it. After seeing their leader die, they took the opportunity to run through the portal that was there, seeing as aside from the mainstream, there is no IC way to create a portal to Falias.

I would appreciate it if my words weren't taken out of context. That was towards the actual EVENTS happening TO the character.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Glaceon wrote:What he is suggesting is that they were WATCHING the fight, not participating in it. After seeing their leader die, they took the opportunity to run through the portal that was there, seeing as aside from the mainstream, there is no IC way to create a portal to Falias.

I would appreciate it if my words weren't taken out of context. That was towards the actual EVENTS happening TO the character.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but you are stating we are allowed to be during the G-missions, just not be the main character? I don't expect you to answer with a yes or no, so please feel free to elaborate.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 am

They aren't even a supporting character, they are just there.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 am

2:25

Assuming the character in that area is Lorna, and not that person's character, the 4 Daols in this fight are summoned. They aren't anywhere else in Falias, are they? Not just standing around witnessing the battle?

Stop circumventing the answer. These characters would be, not only witness, but involved by being summoned*points to video* at the time of the battle. They would be IN the g-mission, even if they aren't the main character. Thus making them part of the mainstream plot. Which, as has been stated, is not allowed.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 am

Summoned doesn't they're brought out of nowhere. It's possible they were minding their own business in the main area of Falias and poof, Nuadha's summoned them to fight. The way summon caps work, is an example.

I'm not "circumventing the answer". I just don't believe that your answer is the answer. The same way you don't believe our answer is the answer.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 am

It shows the main area of Falias though. They aren't anywhere in that place until Nuadah summons them. Unless you're saying there's a whole other part of Falias that has never been shown/mentioned in the game?

You guys are saying it's okay to be part of a g-mission, just not the main character. That's basically what's being said here, right? Even if they were "just watching"(and I still don't see how, since the proof is right in the video and shows exactly what I've been saying above) they were in an un-acessable place during a time that no one else is allowed to be in(due to our characters not being the main 'hero.')

This isn't my opinion at all. What I'm saying is shown in game. What you guys are offering are opinions. Not anything that's been backed up by the game at all.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 am

Okay, I'm tired of this.

This is me asking for you guys to drop it. You nor Xeek will convince me otherwise. It's sad that a bio is on the verge of five pages, due to a ceaseless tug-of-war. You two are the only ones who appear to have issues with this, whereas colored-names haven't shown any disapproval.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 am

Note: I haven't necessarily shown general approval or disapproval, either, whether or not my argument seemed to favor one side or the other. I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on the bigger picture thing of things. More to come later. -salutes-
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next