Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

+4
Adhamh
Auramune
Cyler
Xeek
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) Empty Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) Daolgi10

Name: Isibeal
Alias: Sister
Race: Fallen Daol
Family: Kian ('brother')
Hobbies: Attempting to understand the human mind and reason while traveling with Kian. Playing the xylophone.
Hair color: White
Eye color: Golden
Personality: Inquisitive, rude, misunderstanding, nosy.
Quote: "That's what I'm supposed to say, right? Like the humans do?"
Song: TBD
Noticeable Traits: She has a pair of small, white, feathered wings, and her eyes appear to glow occasionally.
Bio:
'Brother' and 'sister' were Daol soldiers for Nuadha. Obedient and powerful. Then, finally, Nuadha was imprisoned, and Isibeal had no direction, not until Kian had spoken to her, words of truth? Maybe. Words of wisdom?.. Isibeal questioned, and found a new direction.

"This is our chance. Let us escape to Erinn, Isibeal." Those words would set her on her path.

The siblings took the opportunity to escape. Upon leaving Falias, the two fell (both literally and figuratively), and were stripped of most of their Daol-like abilities and their Daol-like appearance. They were given teenage bodies, but their wings remained. They landed on a canyon plateau, strange markings drawn out in the shape of a sun beneath their feet.

Back to top Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm

>_>.... Isn't there a rule about no NPC relations? I, personally, feel this involves Nuadha too much. You don't know if Nuadha would go follow them when he is out. Or Morrighan trying to kill them because well... you know.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt) Empty Re: Isibeal, the fallen Daol (Soifa bodyalt)

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 pm

To be fair, he could of summoned any random one to do as he says. Just being affiliated with a God in the game doesn't make it unacceptable. I mean Milletians were summoned by Morringhan, guided by Nao. Thus being affiliated with a goddess. It is the same sense, but they are just summoned fomors used as slaves. And as Adhamh said, they are mortal though since they are on more of the Erinn born side.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Our milletians aren't really affiliated with the goddess, except for Nao welcoming them in the Erinn.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Cyler wrote:To be fair, he could of summoned any random one to do as he says. Just being affiliated with a God in the game doesn't make it unacceptable. I mean Milletians were summoned by Morringhan, guided by Nao. Thus being affiliated with a goddess. It is the same sense, but they are just summoned fomors used as slaves. And as Adhamh said, they are mortal though since they are on more of the Erinn born side.

It's slightly different. Milletians aren't summoned by MOrrighan, she asked Nao to bring us, but they are their own people. We know nothing about Daols. But, Daols are demi-gods, and they are Mabinogi lore. We don't know if they are even capable of 'falling' or disobeying Nuadha. Basically, playing a Daol character would be like playing a Nao equivalent.

They are part of the lore, we don't know their limits, they know history we don't.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Technically they are, she is the MAIN reason for milletians coming. When she - spoiler warning.
Spoiler:

So they are ALL affiliated with her. .3.

EDIT x2

I also said they were summoned by Morringhan, but Nao is there to GUIDE the souls. As told in game.

Also it wouldn't be as playing as Nao if stripped of powers, heck there are a LOT of fomors not described in perfect detail. Unless more is added, I honestly do not see a problem with them having them do this now. It nerfs the powers, they are basically just mortal fomors, and they aren't breaking really any rules. It is not like they PERSONALLY knew Nuadh as a friend or family member. I mean, Cichol most likely didn't know every fomor follower by name.

Last edited by Cyler on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Nuadha isn't really involved in how they got to Erinn or anything like that, anyways. They didn't even -speak- to him. They only served under him. In their backstories, Nuadha's just a background character. I compare it to how a normal character interacts with an NPC in Erinn. Like Adhamh going into the grocery and speaking with Caitin. And you say "when he is out", but thing is, do we know that he escapes? We don't. To our knowledge, he's imprisoned forever. And I doubt Nuadha would chase after two -fallen- Daols, if he were to escape. He has many more and would have more important things to worry about.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Cyler wrote:Technically they are, she is the MAIN reason for milletians coming. When she - spoiler warning.
Spoiler:

So they are ALL affiliated with her. .3.

Spoiler:
Also, she can't take on Milliteans. She can clearly take on Daols. Specially those that have lost their power.

I like the character idea, and personally, I don't have a problem with it. It just wouldn't work well.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Daols are loyalists.

Just like any other milletian can be loyal to anything else.

They have already been stripped of their powers as it is.

If however they hadn't, it would be more problematic.

Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Editted mine, sorry. Wow fast responses. XD
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Imposing a major npc's actions/lack of actions is the problem. It's sort of like someone saying a specific god(dess) came to them and granted them their trans/demi powers.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

But..Nuadha is imprisoned. o_o He wouldn't have been able to do anything. What actions/lack of actions are being imposed?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 pm

They basically aren't your characters to use.
You don't know if there is a limited amount of Daols. Aside the ones with Nuadha, I never seen a stray Daol.

1) You don't know their background, as you don't know how they were created, or when they deseved Nuadha what happen.
2) You don't know the limits to their power, of they can even fall/lose-their-powes.
3) The reason this is different than other NPC interactions, is that it involves gods more than the normal.

It's like saying, my character once served Nuadha, met with him, chatted up with him, lived in a time I know nothing about, yet he does, and then his powers were removed by Nuadha himself.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Adhamh wrote:But..Nuadha is imprisoned. o_o He wouldn't have been able to do anything. What actions/lack of actions are being imposed?

Do you know how long he'll be there? Do you know if he is free? Do you know if the other Daols would have followed them and killed them? Do you know if there is even Daols alive?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

From what I see, they are taking a soldier of Nuadha, or rather two, having them have some free will since Nuadha got imprisoned (For indefinate amount of time, as nothing hints to his escape). They leave Falias (Not sure HOW they are leaving Falias, nor do we know WHERE Falias is in relation to Erinn, since we travel there via portal.), are stripped of their powers completely, and now walk Erinn in an attempt to "fit into society."
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Again, pointing out Cichol. Cichol would of most likely did the same for HIS followers, grant them additional strength and all that. But if someone left his allegiance, there would normally be no problem. Correct? Why would it be different for other formers who are allied with a greater power? Because they were granted Demi powers? >_> If Cichol was as strong to grant more than one power after -spoiler-
Spoiler:

Do you think he would of done the same? And we would all be loving Cichol more?
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Glaceon wrote:From what I see, they are taking a soldier of Nuadha, or rather two, having them have some free will since Nuadha got imprisoned (For indefinate amount of time, as nothing hints to his escape). They leave Falias (Not sure HOW they are leaving Falias, nor do we know WHERE Falias is in relation to Erinn, since we travel there via portal.), are stripped of their powers completely, and now walk Erinn in an attempt to "fit into society."

G16 ending, I forgot which one. That's enough hint for me.
But you bring up other points, how did they leave Falias or if they even can without Nuadha.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Cyler wrote:Again, pointing out Cichol. Cichol would of most likely did the same for HIS followers, grant them additional strength and all that. But if someone left his allegiance, there would normally be no problem. Correct? Why would it be different for other formers who are allied with a greater power? Because they were granted Demi powers? >_> If Cichol was as strong to grant more than one power after -spoiler-
Spoiler:

Cichol's followers and Daols are completely different. Fomors are a large race, while demi-gods in the original lore, normal in this lore.
Daols are demi-gods in this lore. They are tied closely to Nuadha, as you do not see ANY Daol away from Nuadha.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Cyler wrote:Again, pointing out Cichol. Cichol would of most likely did the same for HIS followers, grant them additional strength and all that. But if someone left his allegiance, there would normally be no problem. Correct? Why would it be different for other formers who are allied with a greater power? Because they were granted Demi powers? >_> If Cichol was as strong to grant more than one power after -spoiler-
Spoiler:

They aren't fomors. They are humanoid demi-gods.
I'm pretty sure one of the fomors in g9-11 tried to leave Cichol's allegiance, and was hunted down by other fomors. Either Tathra or Mata? I don't recall which.

I think a Daol would be most likely compared to Nao, in their relation to their respected god.

Last edited by Auramune on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I keep forgetting to do the Fomor thing on another char.

Also,

Daols are Nuadha's loyalists and are humanoid Demigods. -From the WIki-
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Auramune wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure one of the fomors in g9-11 tried to leave Cichol's allegiance, and was hunted down by other fomors. Either Tathra or Mata? I don't recall which.

Highly ranked at that. I don't think he'd care if a goblin or other low strengthed one left. OR KNOW at that. Plus he would of made many Daols, correct? He is also IMPRISONED correct? Couldn't they have snuck off away from the other Daols? Plus Nuadh is locked up for now. They MADE this bio while he was gone. They have been stripped of their power (I know, we don't know much of them blah blah blah) well we can't help very little was released of them in Mabi-lore. Thus creating improv. Mabi is mixing other lore with its, so it can be hard to tell if they are exactly the same as other lore based things after all.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Xeek wrote:They basically aren't your characters to use.
You don't know if there is a limited amount of Daols. Aside the ones with Nuadha, I never seen a stray Daol.

1) You don't know their background, as you don't know how they were created, or when they deseved Nuadha what happen.
2) You don't know the limits to their power, of they can even fall/lose-their-powes.
3) The reason this is different than other NPC interactions, is that it involves gods more than the normal.

It's like saying, my character once served Nuadha, met with him, chatted up with him, lived in a time I know nothing about, yet he does, and then his powers were removed by Nuadha himself.

The same could be said for ALL other Mabi races we play. We don't know how many cubi/werewolves/etc there are, we've never seen strays. But I mentioned that they -never- interacted with him. They were two of several and I never said Nuadha removed their powers. We don't know how the other races were created, do we? We just know they were created. Yes, we do know the limits to Daols' abilities, the wiki states all that they can do. And honestly, so what if it involves gods more than normal? We're not making god-powered characters. We're making LIMITED-POWER characters. I don't see why limiting their powers so they're not over-powered/god-powered characters is an issue. As for how they left, there -is- a portal on the Falias-side. Since there wasn't one created on the Erinn-side, it's why we dropped them off in a random location (the Sun mark in Rano) instead of a specific town.

One person's speculation doesn't make it law/official. :l We have no concrete evidence that Nuadha will escape, only speculation.

Last edited by Adhamh on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:
Spoiler:

Highly ranked at that. I don't think he'd care if a goblin or other low strengthed one left. OR KNOW at that. Plus he would of made many Daols, correct? He is also IMPRISONED correct? Couldn't they have snuck off away from the other Daols? Plus Nuadh is locked up for now. They MADE this bio while he was gone. They have been stripped of their power (I know, we don't know much of them blah blah blah) well we can't help very little was released of them in Mabi-lore. Thus creating improv. Mabi is mixing other lore with its, so it can be hard to tell if they are exactly the same as other lore based things after all.

Daol= High ranked. Not a goblin. Daols are Nuadah Nao's. I'm pretty sure Morrighan wouldn't let Nao just walk away, either.

And Auron, you don't have to make it personal. Can you discuss without calling someone out? Like, use game facts and junk? Otherwise, things start to get rude.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Aura the goblin and Daol thing was seperate.XD Sorry if it was misread, also...to all.

Tension. YES.
But EVERYONE is to blame. Except Soifa. Glacia too.
Adhamh, Aura, Xeek, and I also are though. We are dragging this out greatly and it is causing tension and disbelief. If we shall, calm down and take up the conversation here still, or move to PM. I am sorry as a member of the guild to let it get out of hand.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Auramune wrote:
Cyler wrote:
Auramune wrote:
Spoiler:

Daol= High ranked. Not a goblin. Daols are Nuadah Nao's. I'm pretty sure Morrighan wouldn't let Nao just walk away, either.

And Auron, you don't have to make it personal. Can you discuss without calling someone out? Like, use game facts and junk? Otherwise, things start to get rude.

I wouldn't compare Daols to Nao at all. They have completely different jobs/ability sets.

And I actually meant no offense, when I said no offense. So, my apologies that that's how it came off. What I meant was, that one person's speculation doesn't make it true. What we -do- know, is that Nuadha's imprisoned. But we do not know that he escapes.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next