Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werka's Abilities

3 posters

Go down

Werka's Abilities Empty Werka's Abilities

Post  Mari Eir Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Werka is a character whose skillset is based upon the taming skills in Mabi. To avoid confusion, I have either already ranked or will rank taming-type skills. So far, just Taming itself. I'm doing the Generations at the moment, so more details will be added when necessary.

IC Skill Name: Pact of the Beast Tamer
Power Class: Summoning/Familiar, Soul, Unique
OOC Representation: Pets, occasionally tamed mobs.

Description: While Werka has the ability to tame animals and form bonds with other types of mobs, she will occasionally develop a particularly strong bond. This typically occurs with sentient creatures. Agreeing to assist the creature in becoming stronger in exchange for fighting by her side (and supporting one another unconditionally), the two become bound on a metaphysical level. This allows Werka to summon her familiars remotely to stand by her side. The more bonds Werka makes, however, the greater the toll it takes upon her. If she fails to take proper care of herself and the familiar, they will become or continue to be weak.

Explain relation: The pet system, but making it unique to Werka. When I say weak, I mean.. If I don't train the pet, it's not strong. By having too many to rely on, Werka will not become strong herself for lack of a need to do so.
Notes: The more familiars she has, the greater chance she has of being weakened or killed since making the pacts takes a toll on her soul (to be able to summon them, the bond is necessary for her). In other words, if a lot of them are ever injured, she'll be greatly weakened. Sort of like a Tuathan may be greatly injured. Her injuries are metaphysical but will take a physical toll on her, causing her to appear sickly. If one of her familiars dies, the piece of the bonded to them may or may not return to her (to be determined by a dice roll should it come to that). Naturally, she will die permanently if all of her familiars are killed and the soul fragments fail to return. The fragments will return automatically if the contract is broken while the familiar is still living. Until the familiar is killed, she does not suffer from the lack of soul fragments. This is due to the fact that her soul is merely displaced in the familiar, not actually absent from Erinn.

Weaknesses:
-As stated above, too many being spread around Erinn can be dangerous. It means more fragmentation for her soul, which means a higher chance of her dying should the familiars be killed. She risks permadeath if her soul fragments aren't able to be reabsorbed directly into Werka or the Soul Stream.
-If her familiars are somehow killed, the souls remain there temporarily. Whether or not Werka can reconnect with it will be determined at that time. BUT, if there is someone nearby with a power to absorb souls, the familiar will be susceptible to this. Even if the spirit gets released, Werka will NOT be able to connect with it as it will no longer be the same (unless it's somehow kept 100% separated from any other soul, but that's not likely). Whoever attempts this must have a power that can absorb great amounts of energy/souls. Case by case.

Level: 1

Plymouth, Self-Proclaimed Earth Spirit

IC Item: Ego Earthquake Cylinder/Golem
Item Class: Unique, Summoning/Familiar
OOC Item: . . . Ego Earthquake Cylinder with a lean toward Luck for clay alchemy, golems, and occasionally pets.

Description: Plymouth is Werka's spirit cylinder. She considers herself an earth mother, bonding closely with the world around her. She loves Werka and her respect for all things nature, but can be pretty scatter brained. She doesn't carry herself the same way other cylinder spirits may. She shuns man's manipulation of the world around him, favoring the way Werka opts to do things. Golems are the perfect manifestation of man's bond to the world around him. Using the cuilin stones the good earth gives, man's alchemy, the mana in the air, and man himself as the catalyst to control the construct created is the most intimate pleasure for this odd spirit.

Effects: Plymouth is unique in the way she chooses to manifest herself while still weak (in other words, under level 21). She channels herself through Werka's cylinder, using the crystals she loads as a catalyst-- the result being anything earth-based being reinforced. But what stands out the most about the spirit is that, when Werka uses a golem crystal, she is the force behind it in lieu. Regardless of what kind of golem crystal Werka uses, Plymouth will always be the life force behind it.

Notes: Since Plymouth is sentient, she allows Werka to ride on her shoulder (or shoulder facsimile for a golem..).
Level: 1
OOC Skill Summon Golem
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Werka's Abilities Empty Re: Werka's Abilities

Post  Guest Mon May 14, 2012 11:00 pm

GOLEMS DON'T HAVE SHOULDERS! -flips table-

Kiddin'.

So..if her pets die..her soul is damaged?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Yuuuuuppp. The more pacts she makes, the higher the chance of her soul being damaged. :I And I have A LOT. Of pets.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue May 15, 2012 6:18 pm

What is your definition of sentient?

What qualifies an animal to be sentient is what im after really.

Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

They have their own consciousness. They're not mindless, don't follow her orders, they can speak and think for themselves.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue May 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Soul can be damaged. Mm, heavy. Interesting, though! I approve.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Good for me, I assume you have high rank taming though for stronger wild animals?

Though doesn't up look like you will be using many wild animals from what I can see.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue May 15, 2012 9:30 pm

It's currently rank 8 (enough to stop a giant gator Very Happy), and I intend to keep ranking it. OOC fails are IC fails as well, if that clears anything up.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Sounds peachy!

Approved.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus