Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards)

5 posters

Go down

Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards) Empty Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards)

Post  Glaceon Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

The skill Soifa and Glacia both worked on together. (Yay teamwork!) Glacia calls it something else though.

IC Skill Name: Wonder Guard/Safety Bubble (Wonder Guard, as in that ability)
Power Class: Magical/Defensive/Protective
OOC Representation: Crab bubble glitch
Description: After extensive research of the magicks of mana shield and the study of bubbles together with her sister, Glacia has perfected the 'safety bubble'. This bubble, requiring great concentration to create, and the cooperation of the intended target, encases the target in a round shield of mana that floats a bit above the air. While in this protective bubble, the target cannot be attacked, nor can they attack others. It can only be 'popped' with a great physical force exerted on the bubble by the one inside.
Explain relation: Permanent crab bubble glitch. Only ended by play dead used while inside. You just kind of float there like a useless sack that floats. Cooperation required(being in a party). Concentration required(using crab bubble, then frozen blast/ice dragon, then rock throw. Actions are not IC, but the IC bubble cast takes a while. Interrupting ruins the bubble.)
Other ways to fail:
This skill requires a perfect concentration of mana. Unable to achieve that results in failure: Crab out of time or mana, or out of blizzard crystals or ice dragon time.
This skill requires perfect timing: Speed duel. Bubble, quickly request duel, accept, frozen blast, then rock. Then cancel. If that does not occur fast enough, it fails. If the Frozen Blast fails, the skill fails.

Notes: You're stuck in a bubble.
Level 1

Ancient Sword of Power, Tyrfing.
Class: Item/Something else, either Soul or Natural/World
OOC Item: Tyrfing
Description: "What the heck just happened...I feel like this sword just ate my energy." ((Old Description in Spoiler))
Spoiler:
Perhaps it's just a weapon crafted by the fomors and thus has some magical abilities to it as it was crafted to be a weapon of power. And since it was crafted here, there have been multiple Erinn Tyrfings made, and this is just one of them. They are similar to the sword, but not the exact one. Thus it acts the same as the actual Tyrfing, but the power isn't as "great" for lack of a better word. Glacia found this particular replication in the Dragon Ruins. Upon doing research, she found it was a rare sword of the fomors, that uses it's wielder's erg to awaken and power itself up. However, the Tyrfing of legends was not this sword she had. Perhaps the fomors weren't the best at replicating weapons, but this new sword was still a force to be reckoned with.
Explain Relation: It's Tyrfing, however instead of dying, it drains her erg. However, to get the effect to work, OOCly I have to die, usually by having someone kill me OOCly in a duel. Afterwards the damage retained stays to show the drain that Tyrfing did to power itself up.
Level: 1
Note: I easily hit over 5.5k crit smash when it's in the effect. That's a record high for me, so yes, it's very powerful. This is just a formal request, though I don't think it needs a request, but since it's freaking Tyrfing, better safe than sorry.

Last edited by Glaceon on Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards) Empty Re: Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards)

Post  Xeek Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 am

Tyrfing is a legendary sword, similar to Elsinore, there is only one in the whole entire world of Mabinogi. Meaning, Glacia can't have THE Tyrfing, just like we can't have Brionac and Hyu could not have Elsinore. Also meaning, Glacia would not have found it where stated, since someone has it in their possession now.
However, you can say a sword was crafted to appear like Tyrfing, or someone can bring another Tyrfing from another world.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards) Empty Re: Magical Bubbles and Ancient Swords (pronounced ss-wards)

Post  Glaceon Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 pm

It's a fomor weapon in the game of Mabinogi. Perhaps it's just a weapon crafted by the fomors and thus has some magical abilities to it as it was crafted to be a weapon of power. And since it was crafted here, there have been multiple Erinn Tyrfings made, and this is just one of them. They are similar to the sword, but not the exact one. Thus it acts the same as the actual Tyrfing, but the power isn't as "great" for lack of a better word. Would that be more...reasonable for you Xeek?
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Glaceon wrote:It's a fomor weapon in the game of Mabinogi. Perhaps it's just a weapon crafted by the fomors and thus has some magical abilities to it as it was crafted to be a weapon of power. And since it was crafted here, there have been multiple Erinn Tyrfings made, and this is just one of them. They are similar to the sword, but not the exact one. Thus it acts the same as the actual Tyrfing, but the power isn't as "great" for lack of a better word. Would that be more...reasonable for you Xeek?

Seems good, as long as it's not THE Tyrfing I have no problems.

Though, I really like the original Tyrfing, I might make a sword like it. The one that has to slay someone everytime it's unsheathe.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

Like has been said. if it's not THE Tyrfing, I approve. And Xeek? That'd be boss. I've entertained the idea myself, but I've no character as of now who'd willingly draw such a thing. And I don't feel like making more. >___>; IHaveSoManyPeople.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 am

While the bubble protects against players (Only if PvP is off). It does not protect against monsters...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I believe all issues with the bubble skill were covered in the original thread (Soifa's thread)
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Glaceon wrote:I believe all issues with the bubble skill were covered in the original thread (Soifa's thread)

They were, you should post them here just for data-recording's sake.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Was getting around to that..but food decided to come and said SUP.

Alright, in this post right here is where it is.

Soifa wrote:The permanent bubble would be the 100% success, where it's permanent until you pop it yourself. You don't even need to have PVP on to do the bubble, it can be a speed duel(hard to do, but doable with cooperation).
Monsters around attacking would, of course, mean that the bubble was a semi-success, and had a 'random' time limit. Random being..however long until that bear decided "Hey..I don't like you. You need my claws in your eye sockets."

If you want to drag a monster to town OOC, then have fun? That means it's OOC and I'll just kill it and re-do the bubble if it pops it.

It does when it's not in the glitch, so for mobs I'll likely be using normal bubble, and then hide until the bubble 'pops' IC.

No, not everyone has those things, so that'd fall under a fail, or it'd be a semi-fail, where it doesn't 'fail', but is not permanent like intended. Flying pets could also be used, since..everything not a jerk Wyvern can't hit those when you're in the air, but that's only in flying areas (This was in reguards to the monster attacking glitch bubble)

That should be everything that was covered.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 am

Anyone else have anything to say about these?

I wasn't going to comment much on the bubble, since I started that, and the Tyrfing seems acceptable now.

1 approval.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu May 10, 2012 1:25 pm

That's 2, count em 2 approvals.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't count Vayne for anything.

He smells like dog.

Everyone knows dogs can't VOTE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 pm

They can't vote, but they can approve.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 pm

One question is the sword constantly suckling power from you?

Or does it only do so if its being wielded and not when sheathed?
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon May 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Only wen wielded. It has to be making contact with her hands as a source to take power from. When sheathed, it's not making contact and therefore does not power up.

Also it doesn't happen immediately. Upon taking a bit of damage or after a bit of time, the sword awakens and starts powering itself up using Glacia's energy. However, Glacia can simply injure herself a bit to speed up the power up ifshe wanted to.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Seems legit. Approved.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 am

Then that'd be three. Move 'er out.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down