Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bubbles

+4
Glaceon
Vayne
Teoxihuitl
Temo
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My bubbles Empty My bubbles

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 1:50 pm

IC Skill Name: Safety Dance Bubble
Power Class: Magical/Defensive/Protective
OOC Representation: Crab bubble glitch
Description: "I just want certain people to be safe. If I can make that happen, even temporarily, then I succeeded."
After extensive research of the magicks of mana shield and the study of bubbles together with her sister, Soifa has perfected the 'safety bubble'. This bubble, requiring great concentration to create, and the cooperation of the intended target, encases the target in a round shield of mana that floats a bit above the air. While in this protective bubble, the target cannot be attacked, nor can they attack others. It can only be 'popped' with a great physical force(thrusting one's own body weight into the side of the bubble, i.e. play dead) exerted on the bubble by the one inside.
Explain relation: Permanent crab bubble glitch. Only ended by play dead used while inside. You just kind of float there like a useless sack that floats. Cooperation required(being in a party). Concentration required(using crab bubble, then frozen blast/ice dragon, then rock throw. Actions are not IC, but the IC bubble cast takes a while. Interrupting ruins the bubble.)
Other ways to fail:
This skill requires a perfect concentration of mana. Unable to achieve that results in failure: Crab out of time or mana, or out of blizzard crystals or ice dragon time.
This skill requires perfect timing: Speed duel. Bubble, quickly request duel, accept, frozen blast, then rock. Then cancel. If that does not occur fast enough, it fails.
Semi-success: Random time limit. Monsters around attacking would, of course, mean that the bubble was a semi-success, and had a 'random' time limit. Random being..however long until that bear decided "Hey..I don't like you. You need my claws in your eye sockets." Player in the bubble can decide it was a semi-success and end it themselves.

The drain of mana will be shown by fully loading ice spear, or any other adv magic I have the wand for. Or I'll put on MS and make someone punch some mana off me. Whichever works at the time.

Notes: You're stuck in a bubble.
Only one thing can be bubble'd at a time, nothing 'extra' is kept in the bubble. If someone or something was too close, or touching, the target, the bubble starts close around the target and expands, gently pushing the extra away while it takes the target into the air to achieve full bubble size.

This skill CAN be learned by others. At least try to RP out learning it before you copy it, though.

And write your own dang thread.
Level: 1

My bubbles W8kjsz

Last edited by Soifa Toten on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

My bubbles Empty Re: My bubbles

Post  Temo Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Uhh...I know this is pretty harmless as a glitch and all, but didn't we have a thing where we weren't supposed to exploit those? Or was it just frowned upon and shrugged off, orrr... >w>;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeeea not quite sure about that. . .
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

I personally feel, as with all things, there's more to if something is okay than just what's been laid out. Of course, the vast majority of the time, we abide by a certain ideal for a good reason. However, let's look at this situation: it's a glitch, yes. However, it -is- also harmless. I feel glitches like this should be taken on a case-by-case basis. Is it malicious? Is it just silly? Does it mess with the game, or not so much? HOWEVER.

Glitches don't remain forever, not usually. Perhaps mention that it doesn't have a definite duration, and wears off just like a mana shield would after x time? As long as you note that it's not indefinate, because it may not be forever..I can totally offer an approval.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

I will say, being the one who showed her the glitch (so it's kinda my fault), that the thing about putting it as it not being indefinate....is because it isn't that. You can seriously sit there in the bubble from one maint until the next one afk, as long as you don't crash. The bubble itself is truely neverending until you are OOCly hit or you use play dead. Granted people will likely not -want- to be in a bubble for a year, it's certainly possible OOCly.

However, I'm not saying we can't put an IC limit on it, but just something to think about.

Or maybe my post is completely invalid because I got my thinking reversed. I need chocolate milk dang it, curse headaches.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri May 04, 2012 4:47 pm

I have to agree with Vayne's first paragraph (See, this is why they were made. Organization!).

I am like..3percent sure it was already established by Soifa what would happen. In the case the glitch is removed, she will use either flying pet(What I recommend) or simply the bubble(What she will most likely use) for the power. And say that she isn't able to fully reach the balance of mana required. (It could be for multiple reasons, Soifa(glacia?) has gotten stronger and doesn't remember the exact amount of mana used for the ball to achieve perfect balance. Meaning, too much mana pops the ball, to little mana pops the ball). Or, she can get someone to hop on a pet and fly, since it requires the approval of the target. (If they aren't in a flyable area, the spell failed).

In short and without side comments: The power will fail unless Soifa can find a way replicate the power.

Keep in mind, in G16s2 one skill will be removed, and many will be modified. So, it's no different.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Xeek says some nice stuff thar.

So yes, it's a harmless glitch being used as an IC power for RP fun in my honest opinion.

If glitch is removed, there are back up ways to show it, with the bubble popping eventually, meaning the amount of mana wasn't perfect, as it is stated in the initial skill description requiring a perfect amount of mana. What is this amount? It is a magical complex number that only Soifa and Glacia know when this power is approved.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri May 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Uhh.. I don't agree with the final thing glacia said about that. It's not like it would be hard to increase or decrease how much mana someone puts on to making a spell work the way they want. If it's approved, it's kind of fair game for anyone as long as they can show it.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Then, yeah. I approve as long as it can continue to be backed up. Ta-da.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Glaceon wrote:t is a magical complex number that only Soifa and Glacia know when this power is approved.

Make yer own dang thread, woman.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 pm

I will...just been lazy. Also, the number is one that people who have the power will know. Course the power has to be approved for it to work, that's common sense.

And now I go to make that thread....and stuffs.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat May 05, 2012 8:23 am

Glaceon wrote:I will...just been lazy. Also, the number is one that people who have the power will know. Course the power has to be approved for it to work, that's common sense.

And now I go to make that thread....and stuffs.

It shouldn't be ONE complex number. While you guys have the power, you don't own it. It's more like... cooking. While some people don't use exact measurements, they know just how much to put, even when making a different sized serving. (A bigger bubble for someone else)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 am

I imagine obese people would need a bigger serving size..of..a bubble. >3>

If it gets patched, Soifa(and glacia?) will something happen IC that causes them to be unable to use it more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Sat May 05, 2012 2:29 pm

I will approve this if you find a picture of me loving you more.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Spoiler:
Here's you being creepy in the dark. Same difference?

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Sun May 06, 2012 10:10 am

You're a butt.

Approved.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes.

Yes I am.

1 more then?

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun May 06, 2012 6:17 pm

I approve! Does that count?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm

In my heart it does.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 07, 2012 9:08 am

While the bubble protects against players (Only if PvP is off). It does not protect against monsters...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 am

It does when it's not in the glitch, so for mobs I'll likely be using normal bubble, and then hide until the bubble 'pops' IC.

I imagine glacia could do the same, only with that stupid deer humans need.

Tee-hee, elves are better~

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:It does when it's not in the glitch, so for mobs I'll likely be using normal bubble, and then hide until the bubble 'pops' IC.

I imagine glacia could do the same, only with that stupid deer humans need.

Tee-hee, elves are better~

I'd still feel better if it was changed to a time-limit. Not everyone has a hide or a reindeer. Meaning any other person you protect must have both. You can always have it fail, but... (Yay Scenario =D)

If you are by the Balrogs, and Soifa uses the bubble to protect Stickie from Xeek, the glitch is done successfully so Stickie should be protected. Xeek can't attack but one Balrog just happens to stumble by, and have his blade fall on Stickie's face.
The skill was successful, therefore nothing should be able to attack, yet the Balrog did.

If you add an undefined time-limit, you can always claim Stickie's ball popped right before the Balrog attacked.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 12:27 pm

STICKIE IS ALREADY DEAD!

Stop bringing up the dead, it only serves to hurt everyone in the heart. ;^;

..and you killed him again in your scenario. You just don't like him.

No, not everyone has those things, so that'd fall under a fail, or it'd be a semi-fail, where it doesn't 'fail', but is not permanent like intended. Flying pets could also be used, since..everything not a jerk Wyvern can't hit those when you're in the air, but that's only in flying areas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm

RIP Stickie Q_Q
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm

I'd still feel better with an undefined time-limit. Keep in mind the OOC skill has no protective property.
It also seems like there is no way to counter it, when their is OOC (If you want to drag a monster to town or something).
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next