Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bubbles

+4
Glaceon
Vayne
Teoxihuitl
Temo
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My bubbles - Page 5 Empty Re: My bubbles

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 pm

That's a good idea =D.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:20 pm

So, would the requirement of..

if you can't full load your ice spear without running out of mana, you can't do 'perfect' bubble

work?

...because if you have ice spear and not enough mana to even load it, something is wrong. :I

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I think any of the adv. magics would work, since they're all pretty costly in mana. But yeah, that would work as a mana representation.

Also, 5 pages xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Darn.

No one wins.

Take that, me's.

I guess, even if the OOC requirement for this is just owning a crab, the IC power would be under 'intermediate magic'?

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah it seems like it would fall under that category.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't think their should be any "IC requirements" at all. If not, we'd have to be doing that for almost all skills.
I think, we should add to the power thread "How did your character learn this skill" like we used to have.

It's possible for a mage to be level 100 total and have all intermediate magic. If it doesn't make sense for them to have it, they just don't.
Remember, there is a different ways to lower your mana usage IC. They could have practiced this skill so much, they can do it in 3mp.

As long as they can represent it(and have a good reason as to why they know it) they should get it.

Also, a late solution to Dell's question.
So I'd put something in about the IC effect being how it responds to something in close proximity to the target, since is someone is right on top of you, something happens when that bubble makes then no longer on top of you. Just for continuity's sake and because its worth covering before something happens ICly that requires a spur of the moment thought that would then require the power approved again, due to power changing rules.
In the case that it can't be shown, example, like this one. She can just say the process failed. Even if it should have worked, keep in mind there is various factors that can always make it fail.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

I dunno..

Mabi is weird, practicing a skill so much makes you use MORE mana for some reason, not less. :c

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 pm

We can't really "lower" mana usage ICly. If you use IS ICly, it's gonna drain the same amount of mp reguardless.

IS and FB are the best to show mp requirement, as thunder is like...much less.

If someone without a crab decided to learn how to do this, it would always fail I think, since the OOC requirements aren't met. Kinda unfair, but yea.

Also wasn't it said that only Soifa and Glacia currently knew how to use this magic. I doubt a normal run-of-the-mill mage could learn it by himself, as it was stated before, that the skill requires precise elements, being timing and mana use, into making the bubble. Any more or less could make the bubble pop at some point, which would explain why it's semi-permenant, as we can't stay up in a bubble forever. (Maint kills this for us). I wouldn't mind seeing the "How did your character learn this skill" part of power requests come back though. Very much.

Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah, the "how did you learn this ICly" thing sounds pretty legit.

B> that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Glaceon wrote:

Also wasn't it said that only Soifa and Glacia currently knew how to use this magic. I doubt a normal run-of-the-mill mage could learn it by himself, as it was stated before, that the skill requires precise elements, being timing and mana use, into making the bubble. Any more or less could make the bubble pop at some point, which would explain why it's semi-permenant, as we can't stay up in a bubble forever. (Maint kills this for us). I wouldn't mind seeing the "How did your character learn this skill" part of power requests come back though. Very much.

Don't assume that.

Mage: O look at that crab makin bubbles.
Mage: :O! *tries to imitate it because mana is easy enough to manipulate for various uses.*
Mage: *practices, like doing with all skillz, and eventually can do it.*

It's really that simple.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Xeek wrote:

So I'd put something in about the IC effect being how it responds to something in close proximity to the target, since is someone is right on top of you, something happens when that bubble makes then no longer on top of you. Just for continuity's sake and because its worth covering before something happens ICly that requires a spur of the moment thought that would then require the power approved again, due to power changing rules.
In the case that it can't be shown, example, like this one. She can just say the process failed. Even if it should have worked, keep in mind there is various factors that can always make it fail.

I'm sorry, can you reword that last part I bolded? :I

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Soifa, also, if you could summarize what you're thinking of doing to possibly address the issues raised by myself, Aura, Xeek, Glacia, et al in this last day of posting in a new post on this thread before editting the original, I'd appreciate it. There's a lot of speculation here from a lot of the other commenters, and I would like to see where you're thinking of taking it after all the input.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, first summarize the concerns.

From what I understand, and I may be incorrect, the concerns are:

-That people that logically have no business using the power will be applying for, and approved to use, the power, and it will make no sense(e.g. a warrior with no spells at all suddenly getting a bubble spell like this).

-That we'll have to base all powers on stats.

-..Something something insert whatever Xeek meant here. I can't tell.

For the first concern, I think it'd be best to bring back the "how did you learn this ICly" requirement for power application, and go on a case by case basis.

I, personally, will be fully charging whatever int magic I can to show the mana usage for the bubble. Just saying. If I can't charge any int magic at the time(no wand available), I'll either ask to borrow one or count it as a semi-success.

For the second, not really something I can solve as a whole, but I suppose suggestions? Not quite sure where to start on that concern, though, besides saying "You're never stronger IC than you are OOC" is a common phrase. Makes sense that people with the lowest possible mana/int wouldn't be able to use a gigantic mana bubble, ja?

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 pm

While I agree with 'you can't be stronger ic than you are ooc' the requirements to putting someone in a bubble like this oocly is crab+glitch, which isn't at all, effected by power or stats or anything, really. I think that if there must be a requirement, it should be the crab(for obvious reasons.) From that point on, someone who is requesting their power can explain how they can use their mana to make the bubble. So basically, like any power, it would be done case by case.

For your personal power, you can do it however you want. But for a rule of thumb, let someone else who's applying for this power explain how they came about it and does their mana. Does that make sense? I'm tired. So if it doesn't, I'll try to explain it better in the morning.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Well, we can't just say 'Hey, if you spend money, you can have this power for sure!', that's too rewarding to people that pay. I mean, sure you HAVE to buy the crab to do it, but that shouldn't be 90% of the power, the other 10% being just requesting it for whoever you want.

As long as they can properly explain everything without having to just copy previous requests of a similar nature, I guess..

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Well if they're copying your exact power, word for word, they should be coming to you first so you can explain it to them anyways xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:12 pm

I will explain nothing! D:<

Not gonna hand them everything on a silver platter, they need to figure out most of it themselves if they really want it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

You handed it to me on a silver platter...I mean...yea I did kinda help with it.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 am

Soifa Toten wrote:
Xeek wrote:

I'm sorry, can you reword that last part I bolded? :I

Uhhh, sorry I somehow become completely blind to this thread O_o....

ANYWAYS.

Like, let say that someone is on top of the person you are trying to bubble. Since OOC wise you can't bubble someone being pummeled, you can just say the bubble failed.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:24 pm

What is someone was being punched once. IE, take Final Hit for example. That's the other example I was asking. Not the direct one of being quite literally on top of them. >>;
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:30 pm

If it's possible to bubble someone OOCly during that, then the bubble would expand and push the attacker away.

If not, then it fails.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Roger. Thanks for that answer and sorry for the disappear. So, have you figure out the 'fairest' requirement system to prevent abuse?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Unfortunately, it's not up to me alone to decide what is the fairest way. That's more of a..majority question.

The only thing I can say is I would PREFER a case-by-case basis, and in each case people should explain how and why they obtained the power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Dellinger wrote:What is someone was being punched once. IE, take Final Hit for example. That's the other example I was asking. Not the direct one of being quite literally on top of them. >>;

Oh... I figured you just meant pummel >_>....
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Well, all powers should be done on a case-by-case basis. even if a power was approved before, I can and will disapprove if I feel the method of obtaining for another character doesn't fit. Many may not agree with this standpoint, but 'approved in the past' by no way guarantees an approval in the future. Really, there should not nor will I ever advocate a blanket wide criteria by which to judge any power. That is all. Continue. I won't be able to respond because I'm packing.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next