Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bubbles

+4
Glaceon
Vayne
Teoxihuitl
Temo
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My bubbles - Page 4 Empty Re: My bubbles

Post  Vayne Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Tapioca beads go in tea and some smoothies. I love it so much.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Let's shoot off fireworks in game! =D
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Woo! Page 4! I win. >_>

Now someone go get Temo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:Woo! Page 4! I win. >_>

Now someone go get Temo.

Darn, I'll send the feathers your way >_>
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:

Now someone go get Temo.

lmao xD. Wait until the 4th so we can party!
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 pm

True, I do like to party...

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:32 pm

You realize if this gets to page 5, you both lose...
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:33 pm

..Who cares? I have a party to plan!

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey, guys, how's it going? >_>

*trying to deviate from the fact Dell can now approve powers.. and Temo can't... did you do that to cheat?>_>*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I did nothing of the sort.

The only cheating I did was poking Vayne into posting >3>

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Um.... a lot of this became kind of spammy, so just asking ya, Soifa. Is the complete 'updated' version of this on the first page, or are there changes so far in the thread that you haven't added to it. If it's the latter, could you add those? If it's the former, give me a heads up and I'll take a look at it when I have a moment.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 pm

So, lets casually put more spam so it can go to page 5? =-D

(In topic: I think that is her final draft.)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Your mom is a final draft.

Oooh, burn'd.

Added the semi-success.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Simple question, just from the in-character perspective. If the ability is a bubble, and it only requires precise 'timing' to 'bubble' the intended target of the spell, wouldn't it, in theory, bubble things around it (as bubbles in reality have volume).

Example: Soifa wants to assist Joe Shmoe, who is being pummelled mercilessly by Kobold Commando. Ya get the 'timing' right and all that, but in practice, wouldn't the IC bubble trap Kobold Commando in the bubble with Shmoe, leading to Shmoe's certain and untimely demise?

Not sure if you can actually bubble someone who is currently being attacked, as I own no crabs nor do I ever intend to get crabs (I may but the joke was better), so I felt I should ask this in case the mechanic works that way.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 pm

It only bubbles one thing at a time OOCly, so it'd only do the same ICly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 pm

So I'd put something in about the IC effect being how it responds to something in close proximity to the target, since is someone is right on top of you, something happens when that bubble makes then no longer on top of you. Just for continuity's sake and because its worth covering before something happens ICly that requires a spur of the moment thought that would then require the power approved again, due to power changing rules.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Perhaps an 'expansion' effect, then, where it gently pushes things away?

The nature of the power itself, though, if it were spur of the moment it'd be just the crab bubble without the crab, as there wouldn't be 'time' to put the work into causing it to remain permanent, or semi-permanent.

Edit: First post changed, btw.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm

First:
This skill requires perfect timing: Speed duel. Bubble, quickly request duel, accept, frozen blast, then rock. Then cancel. If that does not occur fast enough, it fails.
Could you explain this? The old geezer here (hah, it is to laugh) doesn't get it.

Second: What would you define as great physical force in regards to popping the bubble, that way we have a solid, quantifiable or understandable idea of what you mean by 'great physical force.' Vague phrases lead to many headaches if people want to argue, and solid ideas now will hopefully nip that probably in the butt.

Third: How long does this, in theory, last ICly? Because in many cases, "Time in relation to crab" isn't representative of the skills of the character, or the mana amounts of the character. With this sort of idea, where it's based on the crabs abilities, a fighter who has never used a spell before could, in theory, learn this power and only this power, and maintain it for as long as a mage such as Soifa or (old)Thomas. Something to consider. I did see a discussion of 'undefined' time limit, but as this spell can be learned by others, a time limit should be put in regards to something, otherwise the logical fallacy raised above occurs: A fighter who can cast no other spells at all, least of all competently (high ranked), has 'expert control over mana' by casting this spell.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Dellinger wrote:First:
This skill requires perfect timing: Speed duel. Bubble, quickly request duel, accept, frozen blast, then rock. Then cancel. If that does not occur fast enough, it fails.
Could you explain this? The old geezer here (hah, it is to laugh) doesn't get it.

Tsk. Old man. Razz
Speed duel is one way to cause the permanent bubble to occur(OOCly, that is). It, OOCly, requires quick, efficient cooperation. That being the OOC case, it's also an IC case. If the timing in casting the spell is off in any way, the spell will 'fail', and the bubble either pops, or has a very, very short life.

Dellinger wrote:
Second: What would you define as great physical force in regards to popping the bubble, that way we have a solid, quantifiable or understandable idea of what you mean by 'great physical force.' Vague phrases lead to many headaches if people want to argue, and solid ideas now will hopefully assist.
The 'great physical force' is the target thrusting their entire body weight into the edge of the bubble, causing it to cripple and pop. They have to put all of their force into it, but even a child could do it. I think the only thing being incapable of such an act would be...a baby? Unless it's some sort of super baby.

Dellinger wrote:
Third: How long does this, in theory, last ICly? Because in many cases, "Time in relation to crab" isn't representative of the skills of the character, or the mana amounts of the character. With this sort of idea, where it's based on the crabs abilities, a fighter who has never used a spell before could, in theory, learn this power and only this power, and maintain it for as long as a mage such as Soifa or (old)Thomas. Something to consider.
In theory? Anywhere from one minute to a week. The thing is, if done correctly, no monsters come along, and you don't log out/crash/etc, it is a rather permanent thing. The average time period for someone to sit in one so far is...when not AFK..me for about an hour(real-time), just being bored.

ImissThomasnow. :c

When it comes to that...I'd say a base mana of 300 and an Int of 200+ would be required to be able to achieve 'perfect' bubble. Anything lower would only get fails.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 pm

It's difficult to put time limits on things that may not have them. In game time, in character time, and real life time doesn't always translate well with each other.

On top of that, putting a limit on who can cast longer because of their skill sets, doesn't really work in a game like mabi since anyone can be every class at once.

Mana Shield is the only real good example of 'time limit' for mana cost. Someone with more MP will last longer vs someone with less. Using stats, themselves, doesn't work because it fluxuates a lot. If someone has 300mana before they rebirth, and when they do they suddenly don't, it suddenly doesn't work for them. Plus, if you start enforcing stats with 1 thing, it will have to be enforced with others.

Just my opinion, though.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

You'd think you have to be able to use mana to even use this power, though. Dell has a point in that it'd be amazingly...weird and off for someone with little to NO ability to use magic to suddenly be able to encase entire people in permanent mana bubbles.

I mean, they could try, but why would they be able to make the long-lasting perma-bubble?

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 pm

That should be something to be brought up when that person requests the power for themself in their own thread though. Not as a general rule.

Since it's basically abusing a glitch, and uses no mana(except the crab's mana) or int to even use or sustain, it shouldn't even last that long anyways.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

True.

Case-by-case basis would make more sense. But how do you tell someone 'that seems weird' when there's no base requirements? I guess 300 int doesn't seem that bad to me, since at level 2 my base int is 503.

Hmm..

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Well, my base is that high too, so 200-300 doesn't seem bad to me either.

But the skill requires a crab to use. If someone went out to buy a crab, and wants to use the bubbles, and can explain the reason why they can maintain the bubble as well, then it shouldn't be tossed aside because they might not have as much mana/int just to use that glitch ICly.

Which is why I suggest using mana shield as the mana representation. It drains at a certain speed depending on your skill level and mana. If you have a book on that helps with quick mana regen, it could last longer to represent the longer time amount. Instead of getting down to numbers.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm

It's not a constant drain on mana, though, just a large burst that stays there. Like loading ice spear and leaving it up, it drained mana when you cast..casted?...casterated?..

WHEN YOU MADE THE SPEAR OF ICE

it drained mana, but leave it up and you're done draining and recover your mana.

I'll use loading ice spear all the way to show the mana drain, good idea, AuraMe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next