Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...))

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...)) Empty Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...))

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Spoiler:

IC Skill Name: Rage speed.
Power Class: Movement/Physical
OOC Representation: Shylock's step
Description: Diren uses his rage to create an adrenaline boost, allowing him to run very quickly for a short time. This causes fatigue, so he once he tires out, he can't use it again for a while.
Explain relation: Both skills give a speed boost, and have a cool down.
Notes:The skill works just as it does OOC, Just a different reason. Can only be used during Cubic Rage.
Level: 0

((thank you Xeek))

Last edited by Lynn17 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...)) Empty Re: Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...))

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:55 pm

As long as you know it'd only be during his rage. Also, for class, try movement.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...)) Empty Re: Diren Shadowstep ((Needs approval....I think...))

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:56 pm

kays ._.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Lynn17 wrote:IC Skill Name: Rage speed.
Power Class: Transformational(?) Movement(?)
OOC Representation: Shylock's step/Speed potion
Description: During Cubi rage Diren's running can suddenly increase in speed.
Explain relation: Not really sure how to explain but, when you think about it, people with rage tend to have an increase in power sometimes, so why not have an increase in speed out of rage?
Notes:...Not...really any...
Level: (I DON'T KNOW DX)

You should re-read the rules. If you need help, let someone know. xD;

...I don't...really understand this all that well (even after reading the thingies...)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Xeek wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:IC Skill Name: Rage speed.
Power Class: Transformational(?) Movement(?)
OOC Representation: Shylock's step/Speed potion
Description: During Cubi rage Diren's running can suddenly increase in speed.
Explain relation: Not really sure how to explain but, when you think about it, people with rage tend to have an increase in power sometimes, so why not have an increase in speed out of rage?
Notes:...Not...really any...
Level: (I DON'T KNOW DX)

...I don't...really understand this all that well (even after reading the thingies...)
You should re-read the rules. If you need help, let someone know. xD;

|: I read the thing...and got completely lost dude...So I do need help Dx
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Okay, the problems I see.

Explain Relation, is the relationship between the IC power and OOC. How are they similar? Like, they both give speed boost.
For the level just see what criteria it falls for. It's a level 0. Since it's only a change in 'skin'. You should also put IC limitation. Like the cool down.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Ohh.....How is..that? o-o;;

I sawk at this.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 pm

IC Skill Name: Rage speed.
Power Class: Movement/Physical
OOC Representation: Shylock's step
Description: Diren uses his rage to create an adrenaline boost, allowing him to run very quickly for a short time. This causes fatigue, so he once he tires out, he can't use it again for a while.
Explain relation: Both skills give a speed boost, and have a cool down.
Notes:The skill works just as it does OOC, Just a different reason.
Level: 0

...I don't...really understand this all that well (even after reading the thingies...)[/quote]
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 pm

..thank you >.>;
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 pm

So.. his CUBIC rage is what gives him the boost..? Cause if so, ya. He can only use it while trans'd.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Mari Eir wrote:So.. his CUBIC rage is what gives him the boost..? Cause if so, ya. He can only use it while trans'd.

Yeah he can only use it when he's in that.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Alrighty, short and sweet. Approved.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 pm

yay xD
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 pm

I think the speed boost potions would be viable too as they could be seen as a bit more paced speed, so Diren doesn't tire out quickly. If you wanna add that, Just a suggestion.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Lynn17 wrote:
Mari Eir wrote:So.. his CUBIC rage is what gives him the boost..? Cause if so, ya. He can only use it while trans'd.

Oh xD just right in the description somewhere. "Must have used Cubic rage" or some jazz.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Xeek wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:

Oh xD just right in the description somewhere. "Must have used Cubic rage" or some jazz.

mkays, did that o-o
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:30 pm

I need like..2 more approvals, right? o-o
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 pm

No, just 1

-waves-

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 am

I thought you need 3 approvals, I only see Jabbs' approv- Ohhhh.....
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:28 pm

...<< >>
1 More...+_+ -jumps around-
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:17 pm

May I remind you.. you are using a power to run faster...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 pm

you said this 893457 times in Guild chat, and honestly, it's a power because elf + shylock step = WAY too fast to NOT need a power approval.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Lynn17 wrote:you said this 893457 times in Guild chat, and honestly, it's a power because elf + shylock step = WAY too fast to NOT need a power approval.

While I understand it's your choice, it's in my nature to try and force-... I mean, let others see how I see it.
Running has no set stat. While all elves OOC run the same speed, IC wise some may be faster. If you go to a treadmill you can easily sprint at "elven speed" (or how they appear to be moving it), and if you are fit enough, you double, maybe even triple that speed. Least for a short while, then be exhausted before you can use it again. It just seems like you are wasting your time to get an approval. Specially since Diren doesn't use magic or anything to use it. Just reasonably increase his speed.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I'd say considering it's not an infinite boost, the power request is kinda needed. Also, as I have said, it's using something that we get in mainstream questlines, something ICly we wouldn't get, so therefore renaming and using it as a power would need to be requested and approved. Ya know, kinda like all the personas and the brio and the demis and the transes(sometimes).

Secondly: It's her power, let her do what she wants with it. Nuff Said.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Glaceon wrote:I'd say considering it's not an infinite boost, the power request is kinda needed. Also, as I have said, it's using something that we get in mainstream questlines, something ICly we wouldn't get, so therefore renaming and using it as a power would need to be requested and approved. Ya know, kinda like all the personas and the brio and the demis and the transes(sometimes).

Secondly: It's her power, let her do what she wants with it. Nuff Said.

I am letting her do what she wants, I am just explaining why it's NOT needed. Anyone can tire out, it's purely logic. And I don't think you are understanding me, Glacia. IC-wise, you wouldn't need a skill to run faster(At reasonable speeds). So, this skill is no different than jumping IC.
She can request it if she pleases, just not NEEDED for her to do so.

EDIT: Also, this is not up for argument. I was simply explaining why I stated what I had stated.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next