Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)

+4
Glaceon
Teoxihuitl
Auramune
Lynn17
8 posters

Go down

A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)  Empty A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)

Post  Lynn17 Sun May 27, 2012 5:58 pm

IC Skill Name: Mana Stethoscope...
Power Class: Magical(?) Sensory(?)
OOC Representation: Role play.
Description: Diren focuses mana into his hand and places it on one's chest or back, allowing him to sense their heartbeat as if listening through a stethoscope, this allows him to even hear two heartbeats if a patient is pregnant.
Explain relation: He's a doctor, This would be a great help to him when he doesn't have his equipment.
Notes: It takes quite a bit of focusing and mana each time and even a bit of stamina due to focusing so hard, so if constantly used on so many patients, he'll become exhausted. Though it only works on Organic materials in close quarters.
Level: 2

((Thanks Jabbs. x.x;; -mebestupid-))

Last edited by Lynn17 on Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)  Empty Re: A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)

Post  Auramune Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm

You don't need a power to feel a heartbeat of a person. You just stick your hand on them. So anyone could do that.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)  Empty Re: A new abiltity for Diren. (Fixed x_x;;...)

Post  Teoxihuitl Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Yea, I do not see this as a power.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sun May 27, 2012 6:08 pm

I derped when I posted it |: He's suppose to be able to sense their heartbeat and hear it as if listening through a stethoscope. x.x;

And I even't named it wrong. FAIL MOMENT Dx....-fixed it-
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun May 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Well, stethoscopes only let a doctor hear/feel the vibrations of a heartbeat(well, whatever part of the body they are using it on. Chest, back, abdomen.) It only amplifies it. So it doesn't really do anything else. In emergency situations they don't even use stethoscopes. They check for a pulse at neck and wrists. With or without a stethoscope, he wouldn't automatically know what's going on to diagnose a patient, because that takes knowledge not equipment. Also, the body of a human may be different than a fomor. We don't know much about any of that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the only difference between listening with someone's ear or feeling the pulse is the stethoscope mutes the rest of the sound around the doctor so they can only hear that. So the spell/skill wouldn't really be that effective. From what I can tell, anyways.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sun May 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Well that's what i'm meaning, this skill helps him sense it better as if he's using a stethoscope...
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I dont like the listening through the hands thing.
Seems like you could use it to hear through walls or other barriers.

Maybe instead of hear just feel the palpitations with your hands?

This power seems kind of redundant though, more power to you but a stethoscope would just do the same thing.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 pm

I kinda agree with Teo here. I mean another idea for Diren that would avoid things like this is to carry goddess wings with him that warp him back to his Clinic on Belvast.

But yea, I mean I can kinda see where it only works on people, since really walls don't have heartbeats and stuff. Maybe that could be a limit, it only works on people?
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sun May 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Honestly, it would only work on people ._.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Lynn17 wrote:Honestly, it would only work on people ._.

I kind of skimmed through this, so bare with me if anything.

The thing is, you can't just give it a limit OOC, without one IC. IC-wise if it works like a stetama-scope(I know it spelled wrong), it would be able to hear vibrations to wall. Though, I don't think he'll be able to make out much more than putting your ear on it..
Honestly, I barely see this as a power xD Specially cause of what Aura and Teo are saying.

though, if you REALLY want it as a power. *shrugs*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Vibrations doesn't necessarily mean you know what's going on on the other side of the wall.

I know..I used to use a stetho on my brother's door when I was little cuz he locked me out when I wanted to play Xbox.

That jerk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:37 pm

It's not really a big deal what he can and cannot hear. He can just use a physical stethoscope if he wants to hear through a wall. But they don't have a source of mana, which is where this power fails. The power is just to look neat-o, from my understanding and is otherwise harmless.

And.. he can't exactly put his ear up to a person's chest. :I

Spoiler:
Oh ya, approved.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Love that picture...even though its stick figures lol
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenny Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Mari Eir wrote:
And.. he can't exactly put his ear up to a person's chest. :I

Spoiler:
Oh ya, approved.

I haven't felt an urge to draw this strongly since my cousin brought up a mushroom afro...
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Oh.

When you put it THAT way...yeah.

-thumbs up- Approved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:43 pm

So do I have 1 or 2 approvals? o.o;
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Lynn17 wrote:So do I have 1 or 2 approvals? o.o;

I count two.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 pm

yay 1 more +_+''
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't see much point, but approved?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 am

May not have a point to you, but eh. -shrug-

I'll move the thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down