Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities

4 posters

Go down

Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities Empty Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities

Post  Kyaelas Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Once I get my Playing Instrument skill to r5 (which I aim to have accomplished very soon), as my Musical Knowledge and Composing skills are already r9, and r5 Playing Instrument is all that's needed to have the ability to make use of most of the Magic Music abilities, I just have this idea for an additional ability for some songs. I'd like to have Kyaelas be able to play a song and be able to transmit thoughts into people's minds without them knowing it, unless he wants them to know it, or they have an ability that would allow them to know it. It would not let Kyaelas read people's minds, or mentally assault them until they become insane. It would be sort-of like a one-way telepathy, and would only work while Kyaelas is playing music.

Also, perhaps the ability to very slightly alter someone's visual perception, and I do mean very slightly. Minor things like making a floor tile appear to be crooked, or making it appear that there is a lump in someone's coat, suggesting a concealed knife or something. He would also be able to control who this affects. I wish to stress that this would only be able to create minor illusions, and Kyaelas cannot make an object that isn't there appear to be, unless it's identical to an object that's already nearby and in sight. Essentially, it just distorts how an object would appear to someone. Like the previous ability, this would only be in effect while music is being played.

I will keep in mind the various limitations which I have stated for these abilities, and if I wish to expand my character's power again, as well as enhancing the aforementioned abilities, I will be certain to remember to post on this forum.

Again, to avoid godmodding, and having powers that I just don't want, (though some I may apply for later, probably after I have r1 Playing Instrument,) I would not be able to read minds, drastically change what someone else is seeing, or transmit thoughts into someone else's mind without playing an instrument. Also, I forgot to mention this above, but in order for the above abilities to affect someone, they need to be within hearing range of the music. If there is anything of concern that I've forgotten to address, please inform me of that in any reply that you make, as I would hate to have doubts arise due to my forgetting to clarify something.

Warmest of regards,
Kyaelas
Kyaelas
Kyaelas
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities Empty Re: Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities

Post  Xeek Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Tell, any psychic powers are gonso. Soo.. I really have to say no to this kind of power.

One questions you need to think off
"How can I show this OOC?"
"If I am fighting a goblin will using the OOC representation to this have a similar effect?"
Another thing, some more powerful skills. Ex. Skills that can put people to sleep, or have a special effect that doesn't do damage, will need the opposing player's approval before it applies to their character.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities Empty Re: Kyaelas's additional Magic Music abilities

Post  Kyaelas Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Xeek wrote:Tell, any psychic powers are gonso. Soo.. I really have to say no to this kind of power.

One questions you need to think off
"How can I show this OOC?"
"If I am fighting a goblin will using the OOC representation to this have a similar effect?"
Another thing, some more powerful skills. Ex. Skills that can put people to sleep, or have a special effect that doesn't do damage, will need the opposing player's approval before it applies to their character.

1. Am I allowed to appeal a rejection?
1a. If so, allow me to respond below:

First, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "How can I show this OOC?".
Secondly, if I am fighting a goblin, I don't think I really need to worry about being able to use these abilities, as playing a flute while a goblin's beating you up would be quite difficult. And with regard to your third point, I'm not asking for the ability to put people to sleep or give them special effects. I'm only talking about being able to send thoughts into the minds of others, and being able to make extremely minor changes to the way that they perceive a nearby object. Although yes, I can see how I would need someone's approval before these should apply to their character. However, these are the kinds of abilities where one would need a reason for it to be ineffective, as opposed to a reason for why it would be effective (ex. magical... resistance?).

So, Xeek, while I naturally respect your verdict and opinion, I would like to request that, if nothing more, you extend upon why there is a problem with these abilities, as I don't fully understand your reasoning.

Also, if I do understand what you mean by "How can I show this OOC?", as in how would I communicate to someone else that this power is being used on them, I would essentially be playing my flute nearby, and informing the player ((in parentheses)) that it is in use, and what effect it is intended to be having.
Kyaelas
Kyaelas
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Okay, first of all if you haven't then you should have read this.

What will not be permitted
-God-modding (ie: anything that will allow you to auto-hit, auto-dodge, auto-escape, auto-know, auto-perceive, auto-notice, auto-control, auto-heal, or anything else auto. This also includes anything that will make you god-like).
-Power-playing (ie: This includes everything above, especially invulnerability and other such things).
-Anything that has a high chance of use for the above. This will not take into account the proposing guild-member.
-Violation of these will result in a disapproval of the power.

This is including psychic/mind powers, since they are -auto-. As you put up, people hearing the songs would be automatically hearing what you want them to hear. Also, illusions alter someone else's senses. Which means it automatically does that.

And it's not that you can appeal for a rejection of someone's No. But rather, take what they are saying, alter your powers, and try it again. What Xeek means, is that when you're trying to get a power approved you should ask yourself "How can these be shown in game." With the mechanics that we have.

As is, the powers you want I'm going to have to say no to.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyaelas Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Alright, Aura, thanks for clearing that up. I can see how it could be considered a forceful ability. Hopefully something might come along and allow this to be given more thought, but I won't press the matter.

Conversation closed (topic not. :p).
Kyaelas
Kyaelas
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Kyaelas wrote:Alright, Aura, thanks for clearing that up. I can see how it could be considered a forceful ability. Hopefully something might come along and allow this to be given more thought, but I won't press the matter.

Conversation closed (topic not. :p).

Well, if you want, you and message me and we can try to work out a power that can work? Razz Though, it'll probably be a lot weaker than you think.

One thing you should remember, powers are meant to add spice to an RP, not to make you stronger.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:20 am

Moving for now. Feel free to update and it will be put back!
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down