Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input!

+11
Veleth
Nowaki
JagdtMirage
Irochozo
Auramune
Kalypstra
Kagaea
serihon
Captincrunch
Darke
.haze.
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input! - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input!

Post  Nowaki Fri May 23, 2008 10:39 pm

Darke wrote:I’ve noticed that the guild’s expiration has moved to June 25th, so I think we should all thank Inyala for that. You have my gratitude, Inyala and everyone who donated to the guild fund!

Yeah, a big thanks to Inyala because... nobody has donated unfortunately.

There already is an 'invisible' board that only Inyala and I can see. At the moment, all it has in it is the Society Manifesto. I moved it there, rather than deleting it when Raoul said he wanted it taken down for reworking. This board can easily be converted to an 'officers' board'. Also, administrative rights to the forum can be given to anyone who becomes guild leader (which, so far, looks like Darke!).

As far as the cliques... This is a hard thing to combat. Quite simply, when people come together, they get to know each other, form friendships, and talk to those that they're close to. Unfortunately, when new people join in, they're faced with a group of people who are already comfortable with each other. The mentors will help a lot to tug the new folks into these comfortable groups.
Nowaki
Nowaki
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://www.animebelle.com

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input! - Page 2 Empty My 2 Cents

Post  Veleth Fri May 23, 2008 11:05 pm

I know I'm fairly new to the guild, but I figured I'd throw my thoughts out there.
I don't know any of you well enough to make that kind of judgement yet.

I think maybe the guild needs to be scaled back some. There seem to be a lot of members and no guidelines that are followed. I've met up with several people and we've had great times running dungeons and RPing as we went.
Others don't seem to understand that in a RP guild you're tasked with defining a character who follows certain rules.

Perhaps each new applicant should have to submit a description of their character and RP with one of the senior guild members. In this way, the guild could see if they're there just to belong or if they're interested in roleplaying.

I think a mentoring program would be fantastic. Perhaps even a "apprenticeship" type environment wherein whatever character type you're developing can get advice from someone who already has walked that path. Our mages could help new mages. Our healers, new healers; etc.

I think that, although it may create small groups within the guild, it'll give some people a feeling of belonging, for those who may be feeling ostricized. By holding larger scale activies, (say at the bar in Emain Macha), we could improve guild member relations. They would have to occur on a regular basic, 2-3 per week so that those who are on at some times can go, whereas at other times they may not be able to attend.

Anywho, these are my thoughts. Smile

Galin

Those who watch, rarely speak up,
Those who talk, rarely hear all,
But those who listen, see all there is.
-Me
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input! - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input!

Post  Razielle Sat May 24, 2008 3:00 am

It'll be interesting to see how this works out~

Unfortunately, I have the unfortunate position of being in a time frame where usually folks are either asleep or afk which is one of the reasons I tend to miss out on the new folks and any of the guild happenings.

Razielle
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  .haze. Sat May 24, 2008 6:11 am

Nowaki wrote:

There already is an 'invisible' board that only Inyala and I can see. At the moment, all it has in it is the Society Manifesto. I moved it there, rather than deleting it when Raoul said he wanted it taken down for reworking. This board can easily be converted to an 'officers' board'. Also, administrative rights to the forum can be given to anyone who becomes guild leader (which, so far, looks like Darke!).

As far as the cliques... This is a hard thing to combat. Quite simply, when people come together, they get to know each other, form friendships, and talk to those that they're close to. Unfortunately, when new people join in, they're faced with a group of people who are already comfortable with each other. The mentors will help a lot to tug the new folks into these comfortable groups.

the button is on the portal, which i have never used, ever, at all.. if no one else uses the portal then they won't know the button is there... maybe it can be shrank and moved to the main forum page also?

.haze.
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  serihon Sat May 24, 2008 3:33 pm

I agree with the suggestions about a program where new applicants get together with a senior member or someone who can just make sure they really want to RP and play with others.

Too often now a days I get together with new or even a month old guildies who don't work as a team in the dungeons. They get themselves killed and I really don't enjoy seeing them die or possibly dying myself though it is just a game. The main issue is, with a particular group recently with a guildie, I politely offered a suggestion on how the group could work more efficiently. They pretty much rejected my advice, were rude about it, and kept on doing it their way. I am not trying to turn this into a complaint section but simply mention an incident where current members are unwilling to work together, listen, or even be polite to others. This is not the only incident I have been in.

Also I agree that Kaly, Raoul, and Kahlen would make great officers. And it would be a good idea to have an officer section to discuss matters, but seems yall already have that now.
serihon
serihon
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

http://www.whirlwindproduction.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JagdtMirage Sun May 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Nowaki wrote:
*clears his throat* Sorry about that.

Some of the security settings I ran in FireFox kept me from seeing a lot of things on the site (and other places).

Since for the interim I'm not using FireFox (It was literally, taking links I'd try launching in IE and stealing them, to open in new tabs!) since I'm not doing case loads at home for the next few weeks anyway.

I will miss the chance to talk to people who've left and aren't playing, but, my hope is that when the dust settles they'll meander back and strike up conversation.

Real life hits us all, hard sometimes, not so hard others. We come to play games because we enjoy them. When it stops being a reliable source of entertainment and fun, and becomes a job, it's time to step back and reconsider your personal picture of how things are, and find what it's going to be able to enjoy this, the game we have in front of us.
JagdtMirage
JagdtMirage
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://bachelorchowchef.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

JagdtMirage wrote:
Nowaki wrote:Yeah, a big thanks to Inyala because... nobody has donated unfortunately.
*clears his throat* Sorry about that.

And I apologize as well but have rectified that little oversight of mine. Cool
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nowaki Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 pm

I want to thank the folks who have donated since that post! Your donations will go directly to the continued operating of the RP Society Guild. Very Happy
Nowaki
Nowaki
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://www.animebelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raoul Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:41 am

And now?

Are all the amazing ideas in this thread dead?
Raoul
Raoul
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

http://raoul.zip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kahlen Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Raoul wrote:And now?

Are all the amazing ideas in this thread dead?

I think, at this point, we're all waiting for people to stop jerking around and actually transfer leadership so things can begin to reform.
Kahlen
Kahlen
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://burningdiscos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raoul Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Darke is the leader now.
Raoul
Raoul
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kahlen Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Really? Awesome.
Kahlen
Kahlen
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://burningdiscos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raoul Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:38 pm

IMPORTANT: Guild expiration - we need input! - Page 2 Yarly
Raoul
Raoul
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 am

If the owl said it then t must be true Smile
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Senitaru Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Congratz Darkey Smile *Sets off fireworks*

*brings out the cake* 0.0 we dont have a cangle for it *lights a sparkler and puts it on the cake* ah there we go Smile
Senitaru
Senitaru
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2