Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Character - VAAlucard

+5
Kenelm
Xeek
Nilats
Auramune
VAAlucard
9 posters

Go down

New Character - VAAlucard Empty New Character - VAAlucard

Post  VAAlucard Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Character name: VAAlucard

How I heard about The RP Society: I was playing Mabinogi and passed the guildstone marker in Tir Chonaill. Smile

How long have I been role-playing: I started off on just console games. But around age 9 I got my first computer and started playing Runescape. Since then I have played other games such as Fiesta, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty, Shaiya, and Fianl Fantasy 11(MMORPG PS2, Xbox 360, and PC game). I would say that it is safe to assume that I have been playing MMORPGs for about 10 years now. I also play D&D and go Live Action Role Playing sometimes. Very Happy

Is English my first language: Yes, the English language is my main language, however, I do know a little Spanish and Japanese. Some German and a little chinese is also known. Wink

My character's Bio: Alucard's life has always been plagued with illness and despair. As a child Alucard suffered from Athma and Phnemonia. As Alucard grew older, so did his strength. At the age of 10, Alucard gained knowledge of chivalry and began to court his calssmate, Tanya. Shortly after meeting Alucard, Tanya grew ill. After a 7 year coma in, Tonya woke with Alucard at her side. They got married at the age of 17 and had children shortly after. One day, while Alucard and his family were on their way to the store to buy groceries, Alucard's car stopped on the train tracks while a bright light barrelled down the tracks some 400 yards away. Alucard, in a state of raw adrenaline, jumped out of the car and began pushing the car across the tracks. Closer, and closer still, the train raced right toward Alucard and his family. The car budged then jumped and coasted across the tracks. Tanya looked back to see if Alucard was there. He was not; and she began to weep. She cried and cried until a hand was laid upon her shoulder. She looked up and stopped her crying, for Alucard was in the driver's seat. They continued upon their path and arrived at the store. Alucard got out and helped his family out of the car. The children rushed ahead and Tanya followed suit. Alucard got his foot in the door, and everything went black. He woke in daze as his vision faded. And the last thing he saw was the bore of a .44 magnum held by the hand of the one he loved. His sight faded and his heart stopped. He woke in a scene as white as cotton and before him stood a women garbed in a black dress. She told him not to wory for he was in Errin, a place absent of death. Alucard chose the destiny of Warrior and to this day serves his friends and family as a noble guard.

Character type: My character is still a newbie. bounce However, I plan on making my character a master of all skills. My sole purpose is combat and questing, along with hanging out with all my guild friends. I would best be defined as a Mighty and Galliant Warrior. Cool

My schedule: I am on regularly. From about 4-10. However, this may change to "Random" occassionally while I am working or at college this summer/fall. Neutral

P.S. I'm sorry if my attitude appealled as being cocky or snobby. It was not my intent, and I am deeply appollogetic if it was. Embarassed

Thank you for your time. Very Happy

Last edited by VAAlucard on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : My bio was wrong, plus I really want to join this guild.)
VAAlucard
VAAlucard
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

New Character - VAAlucard Empty Re: New Character - VAAlucard

Post  Auramune Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 am

Hi there. Smile

Just so you know, the character bio part is more of an in character history about them.
http://rpsociety.heavenforum.org/f14-resolved-registrations

You can look at any of the approved biographies following that link for an example. Smile
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Nilats Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 am

Check my Bio out, it's amazing!
Nilats
Nilats
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:15 am

Cocky = Good. As long as it doesn't turn to "I am better than everyone! <insert evil laughter here>" I am fine =D, cause.. I am the only one that is better than everyone *FLEX FLEX FLEX POSE*

I am looking forward to see the Bio before I approve. Razz

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 am

Xeek wrote:Cocky = Good. As long as it doesn't turn to "I am better than everyone! <insert evil laughter here>" I am fine =D, cause.. I am the only one that is better than everyone *FLEX FLEX FLEX POSE*

I am looking forward to see the Bio before I approve. Razz

There's a fine line between confidence and being cocky. Not that I have a problem with either one. Don't listen to Xeek tho. He's not better than me. Me > Xeek
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 am

Pfft. We all know I'm the best here.

-hair flip-

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I've looked over what is present in the biography section. It doesn't really meet the bar for me. Treat the biography as a character introduction. This character introduction can be either in-character, or out of character.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

New Character - VAAlucard Empty Thank you for your input

Post  VAAlucard Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Thank you for your input on my Bio. I have fixed it and look forward to play Mabi with you guys. Once again Thank You. Very Happy
VAAlucard
VAAlucard
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Um.. did you edit it...? It's supposed to be like how your character got to Erinn and stuff like that.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 pm

He did, but not the way you asked.

Valu try to make a story about how your character got to Erinn.

Either make him come through the soul stream, or have him be born in Iria.

Make a story of how he grew up and some past experiences he has had up until you joined our guild.

This is the bio I used for one of my alts.

After years of struggling to pay off his bills, Tocagero decided that it would be easier to end his life than keep paying his bills. So one fateful night he went to his favorite jagged peak and dove off. As he coursed through the air to his certain death, a sudden darkness enveloped him. To his surprise he awoke to a very unattractive woman, that told him his past would not follow him here ((Erinn is like Vegas isnt it?)). Toca jumped at the idea of restarting his life without the annoying bill collectors that plagued his past life. As he stepped into the new world that awaited him, Toca decided never to owe anyone anything. After a year of exploring his new world he realized that it would do him good to have a stable income. So he started doing part time jobs for Manus, collecting wood and such soon got him on Manus's good side. To Toca's surprise Manus taught him all he knew about how to look sexy for the ladies and secret pickup lines that would get him a hot date no matter what. Toca soon found out though, that Manus is a bald-faced liar who has no luck with the ladies at all. Yet regardless of his corny pickup lines one girl found them irresistable. Soon after they were married, Toca took had to flee for quite some time becasue he couldnt afford the wedding and just broke into the altar and had the priest marry them. After a long 52 errin years, Toca has returned in hopes of rekindling his former love with Soifa.

That is what we are asking you to do.

Otherwise though I love how you got your name, just edit it to something more within the requirements.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:14 pm

How um... how romantic of Toca... But it sounds like something Soifa would totally roll with. xD

But yes, something like that, Allu. Smile
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Trental Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I...don't think you really understand the concept of Roleplaying, at least at our level. Not to sound elietist, but this doesn't even really meet Minimal requirements in my opinion. We don't mind teaching you about Roleplaying, but atleast try and be honest with us.

How long have I been role-playing: I started off on just console games. But around age 9 I got my first computer and started playing Runescape. Since then I have played other games such as Fiesta, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty, Shaiya, and Fianl Fantasy 11(MMORPG PS2, Xbox 360, and PC game). I would say that it is safe to assume that I have been playing MMORPGs for about 10 years now. I also play D&D and go Live Action Role Playing sometimes. Very Happy

You say you've played many MMO's, but that doesn't make you an RPer. I've been RPing for years, and most of them were in Shooters. I want to make sure you understand we're not a raiding guild that always works together for the common good, but a band of people who like to do the same general thing, but not always for the same reason, or with the same goal.

You also say you've done D&D, as well as LARPing, and while that is interesting, the fact that you put more emphasis on your gaming history than your Roleplaying experience, makes me wonder if you just added them because those are stereotypical "Roleplaying" Activities.

My character's Bio: My character is rather new. I just started playing recently; as of right now my character is a lvl 10 human with rank C or B combat and sword mastery and rank D critical hit. Myself and my character are new to the game and I don't really know what to do. My character has few friends but wants more and looks forward to donate time, gold, and GP to the guild. My character and myself have read the forums what should be known before applying. I am sorry for the confusion I might have caused, yet my character(and myself) look forward to hanging out with the guild. My character's goal is to do as much as possible to help further the guild and help other enjoy the gaming experience. My character has not been rebirthed, has not had his skills reset, and has completed a few normal quests.

Your constant use of "My character and I" is another subtle indication of a seeming unfamiliarity with the concept of a character bio, something even basic RPers understand. Bios are usually a story or description of a character. The explain the basic motives, and backstory, fleshing out what makes your character unique. They don't tend to use Levels, ranks, or skill names, as those tend to be OOC terms avoided in a generally IC setting such as this. Your character shouldn't have "Read the forums" Unless you're talking about the IC section, and even I don't think thats what you had in mind. This constant mixing of IC and OOC leaves me really uneasy.

Character type: My character is still a newbie. bounce However, I plan on making my character a master of all skills. My sole purpose is combat and questing, along with hanging out with all my guild friends. I would best be defined as a Mighty and Galliant Warrior. Cool

Try to Reword this to describe the basic personality traits of your character. He's a fighter, but is he a noble warrior, or a ruthless Villain, seeking power at all cost?

If you like the idea of Roleplaying, but aren't exactly sure how to get started, be honest. We don't mind teaching you the basics. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest reading just about any other application submitted to understand its intent.

Trental
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  VAAlucard Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm sorry for my bio. I was stubborn when you said to read someone else's forum(for I believe it to be aquivalent to using a book on a test). I hope you will not hold it against me and will allow me to try again.

I have editted the bio again in hopes that it is sufficient. My heart is set on joining the guild for I wish to learn how to actually role-play. By role-playing I thought you meant playing role-playing games. For my misunderstanding I am also sorry. I wish to learn how to role-play and am still hoping the guild will teach me.

If it is to late to join; or I am found not to be upto par, then I bear no ill will and will accept the guild's decision.

I appreciate the guild for allowing me to try repaetedly and am completely sorry for my bullheaded actions. It was not my intent to seem disloyal or unwilling to learn, I just wanted to see if I could do it myself.
VAAlucard
VAAlucard
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:27 pm

First of all no apologies are necessary. No one grasps these sorts of things right away. It takes time plus trial and error. It's how we learn. Smile I saw your bio when it was first submitted and I will say you have a decent start in telling stories already. So be proud of that. You've done quite well taking the assistance given to you and applying it to your application. Everyone is a bit shaky at the start of things, and you're off to a good start. As far as it being too late for you app? Not at all. From the changes I see I have no problems giving my approval of your application. The Kaye Approves!

New Character - VAAlucard Stamp_24
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 pm

You have my hat...

Of approval.

-places hat on your head- :>

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Much better. One of the idea changes in the story sticks out with what appears to be a rather large gap...

Other than that, I can supply a tentative approval.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

New Character - VAAlucard Empty Appreciation

Post  VAAlucard Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:11 am

thank you. I appreciate your opinion on my story. usually when i write something nobody really reads it. It is nice to know that you guys appreciate my writing techniques; I'll try to better myself further.
VAAlucard
VAAlucard
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down