Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow)

+12
Adhamh
Krystal
Yammie
Dalvar
Veleth
The Kerrins
Jaeden
Dellinger
Elissa
Captincrunch
Temo
Hyuponia Kana
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow)

Post  Hyuponia Kana Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm

<--Edited as seen below-->

Last edited by Hyuponia on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty Re: New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow)

Post  Temo Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am

I would have to say it would definitely be best if you went with a custom character rather than something from another video game for a number of reasons. Other than that, I'd say you would be in, but I'm gonna hold off on approval until a bio and such is made for a character of your own making. If it helps, try looking at some of the other applicants or bios for reference on what I mean, though I think you already know. <:3
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty Re: New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow)

Post  Captincrunch Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 am

Yes please do. It is always better to start fresh. Even if you are inspired by something from another game, with a few tweaks you can make it your own.

Once you have decided on a name, please change your forum name to match it. It help everyone else keep things straight as to is who.

I look forward to what you eventually come up with and don't see any real hurdles on being accepted then.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Elissa Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:10 pm

I enjoied it but sounds a bit fimlar.... Triforce? Link?...? Anyone else find something fimlair to other games? Or is that just me bounce
Elissa
Elissa
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty Repost: Hyuponia, The King Of Sorrow

Post  Hyuponia Kana Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:11 pm

...Unfortunately, Isematsu ran into some early hitches. The first of which, being his continuity clashing with that of my original story. I couldn't for the life of me continuing developing him in Erinn; He was getting boring to play, as he was typically always in angst. I put forward a more familiar character, now...One many of you have perhaps made contact with at some point or time. Without further ado, my re-submission RPS character, Hyuponia.

Character Name:

Hyuponia (AKA. The "King Of Sorrow." )

A Short Biography Of Your Character:

Hyuponia, is nothing short of literally Sadness incarnate. In his past life, he lived as a patron deity in a world between worlds; One that exists in the dreams of living creatures. Here, he was known as the King of Sorrow, and reigned as such over this emotion with those who shared his ideals as his people. This land, became known as Hyuponia, as named after him. The Kingdom of Sorrow and it's people, despite the nature of sadness itself, were actually very compassionate and caring, living for the sake of striving to understand the beauty that comes of grief. Even in dreams however, there can be prejudice...As the King and his people soon come to learn. Separate nations, each representing a different emotion, all resented the emotion sadness; As no one ever truly wishes to have it in their lives. In mass genocide, the King's people are slaughtered, and he himself is forced under a powerful magical spell known as Lunatea's Veil. Slowly, the fingers of madness worm their way to grip into Hyuponia's heart, twisting his love of sadness into a bitter hatred for himself and everything that had renounced him.

The King meets his end, in a duel with a prophetic savior known as the Dream Traveler. The Traveler's compassion for Hyuponia's plight is so moving, even having defeated him however, that upon his death, it changes his entire outlook upon life. Hyuponia closes his eyes to his murderer....And opens them again in Erinn, as an Incubus.

Hyuponia's soul is tainted with an overwhelming amount of darkness from his time spent in insanity. As such, he is rejected by the Soul Stream, and is instead born a Fomor. It is quickly evident however, this is not the new life he wanted to lead. During his time as an Incubus, Hyuponia killed many people in his feedings and rampant warfare under the control of command scrolls; Actions he regrets, even in modern times. In desperation, he seeks out a power that will allow him to never have the need to kill again. He finds this in Black Magic, of the most powerful sort: Necromancy. In a ritualistic killing, he ends his own life, and binds his soul into a bell necklace, effectively turning himself into a Lich.

Hyuponia is still undead...Even to this day.

What type of character do you play?

The King is a Mage of considerable power, favoring magical spells over most other tactics. He does however, have considerable proficiency in wielding long range bows as well when situations demand of it. (In short, a Mage/range Elf.)

Last edited by Hyuponia on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Isematsu as a character was not sound enough to persist as a plausible addition to RPS. I had to re-submit with a character I more frequently play and post with.)
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:23 pm

This new bio I approve of.
*bows*
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:25 pm

*Claps her hands* Bravo, Link, Bravo!

Or should we be calling you Isematsu? =3

I love it! Absolutely love it. It'll be interesting to see how his personality turns out in a new world, one where he doesn't have his father to blame. =) Looking forward to RPing with him as well xP
Jaeden
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:32 pm

and for future reference:

If you want to steal a character, make sure nobody can think of who it is off the top of their heads
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:38 pm

The Kerrins wrote:and for future reference:

If you want to steal a character, make sure nobody can think of who it is off the top of their heads

Don't do it even then. Be original! XD
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 pm

I stole one of my characters.....
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty Re: New Guild Member-lLinkl

Post  Hyuponia Kana Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:48 am

This looks to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. My thanks to you all. I'll be indulging myself with a tour of the rest of this forum now. I'd rather not be pegged immediately as "The new guy." xD
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:29 am

I definately approve of this updated bio. Well thought out and shows a clear understanding of character identity. Looking forward to meeting you.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:33 am

I give my complete approval of this.
And state that I wish I could be on more to RP with you.

Isematsu wrote:I'd rather not be pegged immediately as "The new guy." xD
Sorry, no chance.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:48 pm

The Kerrins wrote:I stole one of my characters.....

HOW DARE YOU! XD
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:15 pm

It was almost accidental, really

The name of my first Mabi character was in tribute to her, and I wasn't planning on joining any RPs back then
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

New Guild Member- Hyuponia (Kingofsorrow) Empty New Guild Member -lLinkl

Post  Yammie Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:01 am

even though im no member i approve even though its probobly meaningless. Nice Bio =D
Yammie
Yammie
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 am

*reopening this one*
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 pm

And we are live again - well figuratively speaking - him being undead and all Rolling Eyes

See, they come back, they always come back Very Happy *Glomp*
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 am

Captincrunch wrote:And we are live again - well figuratively speaking - him being undead and all Rolling Eyes

See, they come back, they always come back Very Happy *Glomp*

Shocked Ack! *Glomped*

Thank you very much, Cap'. I'm glad to be back and actually posting now with a character I use(And enjoy playing as) frequently.
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:47 pm

-snuggles Hyu-

You and your italic words...

I have a question though. How do you pronounce "Lich"? I say it like 'lick', but others say it with a ch sound.

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Soifa wrote:
I have a question though. How do you pronounce "Lich"? I say it like 'lick', but others say it with a ch sound.

Although it's not directed at me... I say it almost like Leach... just an i instead of "ea"
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Crusade wrote:
Soifa wrote:

Although it's not directed at me... I say it almost like Leach... just an i instead of "ea"
More of a question for anyone, really.

Is there an absolute right way to say it, or does it even matter? XP

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Soifa wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced with a phlegm-ish sound at the end.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Lie-kuh is how I pronounce it.
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next