Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilit Tears

+31
Honeko
Auramune
Remmiel
Kayeori
Kalamiko
thesixthpain
dweramond
Xenny
Mari Eir
Zwei Freeheart
Azarune
Darian
Vayne
Thomas22
Veleth
Omnisagi
Kenelm
Xeek
Kagaea
Dalvar
Krystal
Jinnhin
Laikika
Dellinger
TWWolfe
Captincrunch
Jakelvin
The Kerrins
Jtipton
Aydub
Temo
35 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Twilit Tears - Page 22 Empty Re: Twilit Tears

Post  Temo Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:29 pm

[[Thankyou...OH! And if anybody has a black robe, we'll also need one or two of those. Twisted Evil]]

[[There, that's all. XD]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 am

((As much as I want to attend the battle this evening the 9pm est start time is a shade problematic as I will not be around unti 9pm cst at the earliest. I doubt a one man attack on the enemies rear will amount to anything so do to real life reasons it would look like I am sitting this one out. I may show up to observe, but unless invited to participate Ic wise Rem is observing the battle from afar. As is the job of a reporter.))

Last edited by Remmiel on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the ooh marks)
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:45 pm

(I have a black robe that I'd be happy to loan to people. Also, which battle are we doing tonight? Tir, Tail or Tara? I'll try to be on ASAP, but I can't say for certain yet. With that in mind, maybe Tir might be the bestest one to do tonight? Also, Remm, we are *starved* for NPCs of all kinds for both sides. Anyone who can show up to help out with that will be *greatly* appreciated.)

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

((In Temo's previous post Tir and Tail are tonight, Tara is next Friday))
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Honeko wrote:((In Temo's previous post Tir and Tail are tonight, Tara is next Friday))

(Okay, I'll try to be there for both, especially since Liiam's supposed to be at Tail.)

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:20 pm

((Wait, will Tir and Taill's be going on at the same time? Because I have a character involved in each. o _o))
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 pm

((I have no idea if I'm going to be able to make it. Given how the wargame went last time, I doubt I'd want to participate in the whirling cluster...shock...that it was last time. >.> If I can't make it, assume J's...I dunno, moving around and striking at targets of opporitunity as opposed to directly charging the enemy lines.))

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Adhamh wrote:((Wait, will Tir and Taill's be going on at the same time? Because I have a character involved in each. o _o))

[[ICly, it's simultaneous, yes. However, we can't be in two places at once, so it's one fight after the other.]]

[[And there was actually an ambush thing planned for the attackers on the group going for Tara that was being allowed, but that one's still iffy on details. Trying to finalize those now. Razz]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:06 pm

((Ah, alright. Which one's happening first?))
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:11 pm

((Chances are I will be in Tir. However that'll be determined by Jeaden. Know that there is a chance I will not arrive for it... in which case Cru lost the wax wings she horded to get directly to where she needed to go... Or got sick.))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Temo wrote:
Adhamh wrote:((Wait, will Tir and Taill's be going on at the same time? Because I have a character involved in each. o _o))

[[ICly, it's simultaneous, yes. However, we can't be in two places at once, so it's one fight after the other.]]

[[And there was actually an ambush thing planned for the attackers on the group going for Tara that was being allowed, but that one's still iffy on details. Trying to finalize those now. Razz]]

(( If you want, I can make Xeek ambush them? [With more people obviously, maybe the people of Dunbarton?] ))
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 pm

((Yeah that was probably the plans handed down from Mayii for that Terra ambush. Sadly Liiam had to get him moved from general population with limited powers rights to Maximum security and be greatful you still have limited visitation rights.))
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenny Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm

((I am currently at Mc Donalds grabbing dinner- so healthy I know- I should be on my way home in five minutes. so I MIGHT be aminute late; poor guy is all alone trying to fill ten orders!))
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

((How does one be a hero by the way? Also, shouldn't Tir have little amount of people fighting or.. did it somehow gain an army?))
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 pm

((No Tir grew an army because everyone and their pets in this guild live in Tir, with a few minor exceptions. Rem who lives in the forrests getting in touch with his roots, And the 4 or 6 people who live in Iria. So when you think of it like that of course there are more defenders there than anywhere. That and Tir is supposedly a great birth place for warriors...so It's more heavily armed. When you think about it Adventurers are Errins most heavily armed and armored Hobos.))
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenny Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:03 pm

((Waiting for the game to load :l Why do the wifi gods call sorrow upon me whenever Temo has a war event going on?

EDIT: Also now there's a Hackshield error going on :l))
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Tir Chonail

The small force Requiem had sent to assault Tir Chonail had been annihilated. Those who attempted to retreat were hunted down, and eventually slaughtered as well. Come sunset and during the twilight hours as usual, the souls of the soldiers pulled free from their corpses and took the the sky, heading west toward Tailteann. The strange thing was that not all of the bodies gave up a dark ghost.

If anybody were to inspect the corpses, they'd find that a number of the "mages and alchemists" were, in fact, people with skills in neither area. The remaining adults who hadn't escaped Dunbarton hid underneath the veils, gagged and seeming to have still been pleading til death by the plightful expressions that could be read from their eyes. The reason they couldn't pull the gags away was because of their robes. Their clothing had been stitched to the black fabric. Arms and wrists, even fingers were bound in ways that gave them a pose of one casting or preparing a cylinder; but at the same time kept them from reaching their faces to free themselves enough to at least cry out. Fenrir had his soldiers make certain there was no way to tell until it was most likely too late. These citizens were a majority of the force that had marched on Tir - hostages and decoys that didn't exactly seem to work for Requiem, nor could be saved by a bloodthirsty/desperate/foolish (you be the judge) lot that outnumbered the soldiers.

Abb Neagh

They managed to get that far during the retreat, but that was only as far as they got. The blasted wolves followed them from Dunbarton and Emain Macha, and they were just what the army had turned to find themselves facing. Outnumbered in both directions and merely a handful of hostages left, things for Requiem's forces were grim indeed. They had packed together tightly and defensively around the civilians to fend off the wolves; but it was still a losing battle, moreso when the rest of Tailteann's army caught up to them. Only one among them had managed to escape, but whether she was going to tell of what happened to the Fenrir's main force or continue the agenda she was given, nobody had any clue.

It was then that Kurohi noticed what time it was and glanced skyward when she had a moment. She could see the souls departing the fallen, as well as several more dark flames streaking from the east to the west with them. So Tir's forces failed too then. The whole thing made her sick to her stomach. That was it then? They hated Fenrir that much? The world hated them that much it would kill its own if they wore their colors, even if unwillingly? Was he right in his believe they'd really be the end of each other even without his help? It took her actually releasing one of the hostages in secret to explain things before the bloodthirsty lot started using their heads.

And then the children she'd cared for ever since the kidnappings - corpses of another hundred of them were littered over the new battlefields. Her children. The ones who had taken to calling her "Mother" and she cared for just like sons and daughters. She lead them to early graves just because she couldn't bear to stand up to him. It was doubtful there was anything she could do to change that now. She nearly broke down after years of despair over these events finally caught up to her; but if there was one thing Requiem taught her, it was how to use that feeling to gather strength. Her voice nearly cracked and it was somewhat lower than she intended, but she still managed to get enough some attention. "Release them."

The soldiers that heard the order glanced to the succubus in confusion, only to be met with a fierce glare as she shouted the order furiously. "I said release them! We did what we came to do, there's no more need to hold them!"

"But the Emperor--"

"Did Fenrir not leave me in command? I could care less if you zealots wish to throw your lives away, but you'll not do so under me. I ordering you to untie them!" Kurohi watched while a few broke from the line to scramble to do so, then summoned one of her aerial familiars. After giving it the message, she watched it take to the sky, soaring toward Tailteann in search of the army's commanders.

All that was left was to buy time and wait for a response, or lack of one. As the civilians were released and looking just as confused as the soldiers, the succubus turned to address them. "I'll make this short and simple. You've seen for yourselves what we're up against. There's no guarantee you'll be saved, there's no guarantee any of us will even live past the next hour. If you have any desire to stay alive, fight. If not, then stay out of our way and let us protect you until the end. Am I clear?"

The people looked at each other with worry Only a small few of them stepped forward to request a sword. If there was no hope for them and they had to die, they were going to die swinging.

As for Kurohi's familiar, once finding one of Tailteann's commanders, the falcon would land in a nearby tree to repeat the message given:

"My Mistress offers her services in return for the safety of the remaining army and civilians. She also advises you to take a moment to use whatever pathetic brains you have, and think about what you have witnessed over time - if you think our deaths mean your victory, you have learned nothing. You deserve to never see what remains of the Lost Ones again. You deserve to perish - you deserve the endsong Requiem has prepared for you."

Bangor

[[We never got to this, but I'd heard that any life that had picked up there was pulling out again. Although Dell has told me that there's a force of bandits here as well with a refueling station for his Wanderers somewhere in the region. There's also more of the ghost pests to deal with. So ideas on how to settle this, PM me. And this time, please make sure I know everything that's going on so I can post things properly by deadlines, yes? Neutral]]

[[And on that and another note, the battle for Tara is being postponed another week. There was to be a little bonus attack for the forces of...*ahem* good, but we didn't get all the kinks out of how it was going to go down, plus ran out of time. This and with whatever happens to Bangor added on to that, we won't have the time to run battles in all three locations - just the first two. Consider this being the bandit's gift of buying folks time.]]

[[This'll be happening this upcoming Friday at the same time, same place. Rules will be a bit special, so those interested, please PM in advance so we don't have to sit there for another two hours of me explaining everything again. Razz]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 pm

((Rem might like to interview Kurohi if she and hers escape death. There story given the proper tones would make for wonderful journalism.))
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm

[[ This thread is paused until further notice. If you need to discuss things related to the plot, PM the people involved. If you feel you need to debate about the goings on, I will warn you I will delete your post and lock the thread. This is not a place to argue about plots nor is it a place to be rude. I see it was apologized for, but as I scolded myself for doing so on earlier RP posts, I will scold everyone else equally.

If you have any questions as to why this is paused, PM me. If you want just a one word summary, it's "Logistics." ]]
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:25 pm

[[ For those willing, there's a test run/sneak peek of an event that may be launching this Friday and concerns the arena. Again. Yes, I know. Again. Those wishing to take part that can be available by Wednesday, please drop me a PM with a time and day. NOT A REPLY HERE, but a PM. Thankyou. Razz ]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:59 am

[[Uhh...haha. I just realized I forgot to tell people when this was happening for real. That would be Friday, October 1st (yes, today, for some of us). I'm trying to start it around 6 or 7 PM, EST; but it'll be going until late. And with our luck probably starting later anyways. 9 or 10 at the latest.]]

[[Also, rather than the Connous Arena, we're meeting in ZARDINE. I'll be waiting at the camp for anybody willing to come and for those who already signed up with Liiam, Cap, or Dell.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:05 am

[[Since we didn't get this started early enough, Part 2 is finishing up Saturday evening. Since this'll be much easier and less of a hassle than past battles, we can do this one late and should be done within an hour.]]

[[That said, be sure to drop by Connous Arena to participate in

DODGEBALL.

OF.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

]]

[[EDIT: Oh right - the time. It starts up on the hour before the jousting tournament. 9 PM for ESTers...I don't know when for everybody else. Still, when you see the announcement about jousting in Tara, that's pretty much a hint to get moving. PLEASE be on time this time. I know I'm not the only one that dislikes being there on time when others show up to an hour late.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 am

Alright, to summarize everything up to:

Final shard in Iria: Weeks prior to events in Uldah and during a sea-monster attack on another ship risking passage from Qilla to Bangor, a small fleet of what appeared to be oversized hot-air balloons were passing overhead. Witnesses on board the ship say that a figure in a red robe was seen diving from the largest in the group and into the path of the oncoming sea serpent. Somebody could have sworn they heard him laughing.

It's hard to know exactly what happened to the man after that; but the seas churned and surged with electric current. There was an odd purple light that emerged from beneath the waves and several haunted voices crying out in an eerie chorus that had every sailor praying to whatever god they believed in. When things finally settled, the water had turned red with blood. Attacks from the sea monster seemed to have ended after that; but Qilla surveyors worry about damage to the ecosystem and are requesting assistance in making sure the surrounding ocean life and those that feed off it are safe.

Situation with Requiem's hostages: Scouting parties surveying the army's approach learned of several Dunbarton residents dressed in Fomor mage and alchemist garbs being marched along with them. Unfortunately, this was not in time to rescue them before the attacks came. The defenders of Tailteann and Tir Chonail were hard-pressed and in disarray due to attempting to fight around the hostages Requiem was purposely keeping in the way. In the end, both defenses were triumphant; but with heavy casualties.

The remaining Requiem forces that were retreating from Tir Chonail were hunted down and slaughtered, the hostages rescued.

Tailteann's attack force surrendered after being surrounded by spectral wildlife during their retreat. Requiem's general sent the following message to the closing enemy soldiers by way of a familiar:

"My Mistress offers her services in return for the safety of the remaining army and civilians. She also advises you to take a moment to use whatever pathetic brains you have, and think about what you have witnessed over time - if you think our deaths mean your victory, you have learned nothing. You deserve to never see what remains of the Lost Ones again. You deserve to perish - you deserve the endsong Requiem has prepared for you."

In short, not as many hostages died, but a lot of soldiers in the defending towns did while they were being used as meatshields.

The small force marching on Bangor came across a still-active base of operations the bandits were using in the surrounding mountain region. Unfortunately, they had already fallen into an ambush and were swiftly crushed under falling rocks and arrows. Rather than having their souls disappearing into Barri as they had been doing in the past, they drifted skyward and departed to the west.

The main army, which was heading for Tara from Emain Macha, was ambushed by the same balloons reported to have been seen in Iria. After an aerial counterstrike by light gargoyles and gremlins that brought heavy casualties to both sides, the remaining "Wanderers" - as they were called - came within range to bombard Requiem, destroying the army's siege weaponry and a majority of the ground forces before moving on. During the skirmish, one of the balloons that had sustained heavy damage was also driven into the ground forces to add to the casualties. There were no survivors, especially considering the crew turned the thing into a giant fireball with themselves still in it before impact, with one of them specifically laughing like a maniac.

After finding suitable cover and waiting for the wanderers to move on, what was left of Fenrir's forces prepared to continue their march toward Tara - despite their already-overwhelmed numbers being dwindled into a small force that didn't have a chance at all in a siege. All Fenrir had to say in regards to the attack was, "Where do they get those wonderful toys?"

Also, following the attack, the main force used the fallen Wanderer to their advantage. Taking the fires from it, they set the land ahead ablaze to prevent any further ground ambushes or surprises that may have been lurking within the vineyards and its surroundings.

There were no civilian casualties in the razing; but Eluned, Lezarro, and field workers are greatly displeased.

There has still been no movement from Erinn's side of Tara's Stonehenge; however there have been strange reports from scouts mentioning that Fomors seem to be clearing out of the Shadow Realm's side of Rath Castle, or rather focusing efforts heavily toward securing it. Judging by corpses of their own laying about the grounds along with some creatures that should not have even been in that particular region, someone passed through on less than friendly terms and seems to be taking up residence there.

The battle for Tara will be taking place at Friday, October 8th, 8 PDT/Mabi Time. Any further questions about these events or those leading up to Friday, drop me a PM.

T.T. is officially resuming now, thankyou for standing by during what is hopefully the last hiccup this arc has.

Last edited by Temo on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:56 am

Tailteann was busy again with activity from the war, though for once it seemed to be in a positive turn. After the surrender of Requiem's remaining forces, the remaining hostages were rescued; and the renegade Fomors were shackled in chains and imprisoned. The Dark Knight children among them - known as the "Lost Ones" or "Black Dawn" by the army - were escorted away by the spectral forces to one called Justice, though not before being given a departing smile and wave by Requiem's second-in-command and commander of the captured soldiers.

As for Kurohi, she was kept separate from Requiem soldiers until the time for her interrogation, held in a cell near Tailteann HQ and placed under heavy guard. She behaved herself as promised - merely sat patiently while humming haunting little melodies to herself. So long as there was no bewitching effect to the songs, it had been tolerated. For now at least.

[[So there you have it. Negotiations were relatively smooth and the Requiem forces attacking Tailteann were spared in return for Kurohi's...cooperation. She'll be there to chat and such until carted off with the crew to who knows where.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:18 am

Several letters were sent out to the heads of the Tara military personal; and who she hoped, also the rulers of the land would also get theirs. As well as a few individuals not placed in the tara army to receive the letter.

To whom this may concern;
If Fenrir is killed, he will resurrect from the remaining shard. Fenrir will be resurrected by a group of mages and alchemists, upon his death. Essentially, the only way to stop Fenrir from returning is to destroy the shard, or stop the ritual. It is heavily guarded; in a safe place within the shadow realm Tara. My guess is the castle. Treasure vault.

Capture Fenrir Alive until the shard can be secured. At this point, Fenrir wants to be killed. Do Not Allow Him To Be Killed. This may be the only hope Erinn has.

A Friend

Aura sat back and watched the owls carry the letters away, from her safe haven in Vales. Leaving out the bit of information on a certain 'harmless' individual.. Instead, she made sure to write him a separate letter all together. She looked over to her sleeping family and smiles sadly.

I just hope this is enough to stop him.

((Hookay, I'm not sure who's members in Tara army, or who would be privy to this information among the PCs, but I figured NPCs should at least be aware of the situation. PCs you know who you are if you are told this. Do with it what you will. ^_^))
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum