Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilit Tears

+31
Honeko
Auramune
Remmiel
Kayeori
Kalamiko
thesixthpain
dweramond
Xenny
Mari Eir
Zwei Freeheart
Azarune
Darian
Vayne
Thomas22
Veleth
Omnisagi
Kenelm
Xeek
Kagaea
Dalvar
Krystal
Jinnhin
Laikika
Dellinger
TWWolfe
Captincrunch
Jakelvin
The Kerrins
Jtipton
Aydub
Temo
35 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Twilit Tears - Page 10 Empty Re: Twilit Tears

Post  Kenelm Sat May 01, 2010 1:17 pm

/* How much can a few small teams hinder (slow and size reduction) the advancing Fomor army with guerilla tactics? (I realize some of the best counter-tactical positions to strike from are ambush positions.)

(Fully charged Rank E Thunder with high balance can kill up to eleven Spike Laghodessa easy.)

Kenelm, camping atop the highest point at the Gairech crossroads sends notes to all concerned anti-Fomor parties after spying the army. He prepares an ambush at the crossroads.

The one to Emain Macha is anonymous, warning of a mobilized Fomorian force departing their stronghold.

*/
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Sat May 01, 2010 1:30 pm

More importantly. How much can two people with Fireball and a dozen stacks of 100mp potions delay the army? Also how much damage would you have to do to a road in order to make it 'impassable'?

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sat May 01, 2010 3:51 pm

((unless it's a narrow bridge, there's no way to make a road impassable to an army like the one's we're using. make it take longer to cross and slightly more hazardous, yes, but not impassable.))

((so, what time do we start?))
TWWolfe
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sat May 01, 2010 5:18 pm

((it was 6 PM EST on sunday if I remember right. -points to the previous post- Also... if Fenrir doesn't let Cru stay in Bangor again... I need to ask how much damage several dozen ice mines can do to a army, assuming they are planted on and nearby the road.))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 pm

[[ Uhm, excuse me - what about the wraith encampment, their assault across the bridges and the surprise defenses in Emain waiting for them? ... or has Wolfie dropped that storyline and I should just post the summary results of that tangled storyline and be done with it? ]]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm

((Considering Jinn pretty much dropped out of Mabi in general, it seems, it might be wisest to just speed-resolve it. xP))

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

[[@ Kenelm - May hafta push back the ETA to respond to the ambush, but hey, that's what hindrances do, right? Razz Whenever you're on during the day, before 6, drop me a line and we'll work that out. Otherwise, just going as planned at 6 and I'll calculate a deduction myself based off what's mentioned here.]]

[[@ Liiam - What Wolfe said.]]

[[@ Wolfe - 6-10 PM, EST today. (Sorry to put an endtime on it this time, but I got stuff ta do. silent ) Should there be a few speedbumps during the day that would slow the army down, there may have to be a new ETA scheduled for a day later in the week.]]

[[@Cru - I'll add some ice mine damage into the mix if you make a post here for it before 6 tomorrow. Razz]]

[[@ Cap & J - As far as the wraiths go, I was going with the impression that it was handled sometime between the first and second campaign, otherwise access to and from Iria would've been messed up even without my doing (and people have still been getting there freely - was thinking it'd be through Sen Mag Residences). If they are still there, that's another hindrance to add to the mix. If I remember right, they weren't too friendly with Requiem either.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 am

Captincrunch wrote:[[ Uhm, excuse me - what about the wraith encampment, their assault across the bridges and the surprise defenses in Emain waiting for them? ... or has Wolfie dropped that storyline and I should just post the summary results of that tangled storyline and be done with it? ]]

(I personally think it'd be hilarious for Gate's army to show up and have to take a number and wait in line to attack Emain. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.)

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sun May 02, 2010 11:47 am

((Alright then also adding a bit more of a disturbance))

The day before Fenrir's army ran through Sen Mag, a lone robed and hooded figure was seen on the road. Witnesses reported that they never saw the figure's face, and that they did not know what it was doing, but they did know that it was a girl, based on the figure's frame. The figure was seen traveling along the road, stopping every so often to pull out a small blue object, and planting it into the ground. The figure did this all the way from the crossroads to the path to Emain, planting these objects into the ground on the road, and around it about 50 yards away. When the figure was done, she ran into one of the ruined buildings, and then rode out on a horse a few moments later towards Emain.

It was soon discovered the objects the figure had planted were ice mines, when a bear accidentally tripped one and instantly died from the explosion.

Later that same day, a small band of bandits found a large supply of Fireball, Thunder and Ice Spear Crystals in the ruins where the figure had been, along with a note and a large sum of gold.
To the travelers that find this: Use these crystals to stall the coming army, but do not engage them directly.
The bandits looked at each other and nodded. They were experts at indirect combat, and had never liked Fenrir to begin with. They took the gold and the crystals and hid in the large craters nearby, avoiding the ice mines the figure had planted.

((All crystals are r9-r5, since I get them from adv SM runs))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sun May 02, 2010 12:48 pm

((Ack! I forgot to tell you exactly how much... sorry.

As for ice mines, there were about 75 ice mines scattered around the Sen Mag road from the crossroads to Emain - 74 now because a bear tripped one.

There are 5 bandits (3 elves, 2 humans) and 60 crystals - 12 per bandit: 4 Thunder, 4 Ice spear, and 4 Fireball. All the bandits are elves and good at maneuvering and planning. Their tactic of attack is simple - 2 bandits attack the front with Ice Spear, 2 attack the middle from the side with Fireball, and 1 attacks with Thunder from behind. After launching an attack, they all run off and hide, either actually hiding or just hiding in the ruins. They then switch their order around and attack again.))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun May 02, 2010 2:52 pm

[[ Traps are acceptable, but where'd the motely crew come from? I'd assumed Ken was getting his forces from Wolfe, but Cru's been with Requiem up til now sooooo... o.o ]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Temo wrote:[[ Traps are acceptable, but where'd the motely crew come from? I'd assumed Ken was getting his forces from Wolfe, but Cru's been with Requiem up til now sooooo... o.o ]]

maybe it's one of the people who just hate you. you know, 90% of Errin's population
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Sun May 02, 2010 4:36 pm

(( Cru's been with the Bandits for a while, too. o.o;; ))
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun May 02, 2010 4:45 pm

TWWolfe wrote:
Temo wrote:[[ Traps are acceptable, but where'd the motely crew come from? I'd assumed Ken was getting his forces from Wolfe, but Cru's been with Requiem up til now sooooo... o.o ]]

maybe it's one of the people who just hate you. you know, 90% of Errin's population

[[I lol'd.]]

Dalvar wrote:(( Cru's been with the Bandits for a while, too. o.o;; ))

[[Aaaaand okie. Just wanted to confirm before I tallied this stuff up.]]

The army passed through Gairech with a few difficulties. Two guerilla strikes dealt moderate damage to the grunts and scouts, as well as forced ten dark knights to separate from the group, covering Fiodh's entrance with a small group of injured kobolds. After having dealt with these, more caution was used in passing through Sen Mag.

While the ice mines were discovered and stepped around, the attacks from bandits caught the "explosives team" off guard, dealing more damage to the army. After mages and alchemists were forced forward to fight them off and keep them at bay, Requiem's army sent another squad of dark knights and kobolds to attack Wolfe's blockade at Peaca (if still there. If not, they're just undoing the seals from the past battles.).

The army arrived with numbers around 1,750 by the time they reached Emain Mach's south entrance.

[[ And due to that, gonna push the attack back an hour. 7 PM EST. Surprised ]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sun May 02, 2010 5:09 pm

((Yeah sorry about the confusion about the bandits... thought people remembered that Cru joined them. Anyway, it's still unknown who the figure was that planted the mines... and it's gonna stay that way ^^))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm

((Just FYI, a company=200-250 men))

White walked up the steps to the castle. despite the seeming urgency of the situation, he felt there was no need to hurry. After all, Fenrir would hardly rush his forces into the city without taking the time to prepare them.

As he opened the door to the throne room, he saw that Silver and Black had gotten there ahead of him. Silver was occupied oiling up her armor, while Black was running a whetstone along the blade of his axe. Wolfe was occupied with examining an oversized map of the area, looking for any last minute weaknesses. at White's entrance, all three of them looked up.

"ah good, you're finally here." Wolfe said "well then, lets begin handing out the duties. I assume you've picked out your force, White?"

White nodded "Shadow company, plus three Merc companies and the company from Sen mag before it was over-run. they're nice and angry right about now."

Wolfe nodded, and took the blocks representing said companies and moved them into a blank box off to the side of the map.

"That leave's our force at around 3,000 men, opposed to Fenrir's..." he glanced at the report he had received earlier "slightly more than 1,700. I'm willing to bet he has a few tricks up his sleeve though. Silver, you have the defense of the city and the isles. Black, you have the bridges. I'm placing our Reinforcements from Tail here" he pointed to the bridge connecting sen mag to the lowest isle "along with a mixed militia company. The fact that some very nasty things are sprouting from Dunbarton should keep the Sail safe, but we're moving a militia company up there just in case. these islands" he motioned to the east and west islands " will be manned by a company of Archers each. the rest of the force will be concentrated in the southern districts of Emain, so we can move them to any of the threatened spots."

Silver coughed "the companies in the south will need a leader. Such a dangerous position, it should be someone strong, able to inspire his men to new heights"

White grinned, and then he looked quite unlike the cheerful regent the people saw every day.

" I have just the man for the job. "
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sun May 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Temo wrote:Requiem's army sent another squad of dark knights and kobolds to attack Wolfe's blockade at Peaca (if still there. If not, they're just undoing the seals from the past battles.).

Waking up just in time to hear the approaching squad, Yuurei went into the safety of Peaca Dungeon((Don't ask))
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun May 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Battle as it stands:

- Red Skeletons and Bombers are in a deadlock at Emain Macha's southern island.

- What's left of the gremlin force is assaulting the cathedral. Battle taking place in the courtyard.

- Ogre warriors and dismounted dark knights are moving to reinforce the bridge assault on Requiem's side; calvary and paladins from Wolfe's army are using planks to advance from the other. Requiem alchemists are making rafts out of barrier spikes and felled trees for the rest of the forces to cross on.

[[For now, the battle's on hold til everybody involved can get on at the same time. Will pick up next weekend around the same time on Friday and Sunday. (Between 6-10 PM, EST). Until it's finished, ICly, there's been no attack yet. The ambushes happened, but further events are in stasis until carried out completely. So act like nothing went down yet. Army is still in route...just...somewhere between Sen Mag, Emain, and Limboland. Easy, right?]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat May 08, 2010 7:08 pm

[[Apologies to those who cringe at the thought of PVP, but due to the nature of this battle and the time it would truly and accurately take to complete it in the end, we're gonna speedhack it. I've had some help in testing out a solution, and here's the idea we came up with. Please read up and if acceptable with enough folks, we'll try things this way. Or I can just discuss things with Wolfe after the aftermath of the RP'd version.]]

[[ PVP Army Battles (Open Beta?) ]]

[[Same timeframe tomorrow : Sunday, 6-10 PM EST. Earlier people get there, the better. ]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun May 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Emain Macha has fallen with heavy casualties in both armies. With a little under 250 soldiers, Requiem's flags were planted in the city, and the church, castle, and several public offices were set on fire. Wolfe's forces, which were cut down to similar numbers, managed to escape toward Tailteann with the half of Emain's civilians they were able to evacuate thanks to the quick thinking of Amay and Shane, who took the initiative when things were looking bleak. As sundown came, more blackened souls were drawn from the fallen of Requiem and retreated for Bangor.

The remaining civilians were placed under an overly-oppressive martial law, with the threat that those who disobeyed would face a painful, public execution. There was a curfew in place to be indoors by 6 PM. Rundal was put under heavy guard, as were all the fields and exits. As the army consisted of many human-hating Fomors too, they appeared to be looking for any excuse they could find to spill blood.

[[The "combat system" had some kinks, which led to a do and redo of the battle. Took notes of what needed fixing, fixed it, and shall be updating the other thread shortly. Anybody that may have some ideas on it, feel free to share over on that thread.]]

[[Sidenote - This is in no way the official "You have to do largescale battles this way" for the guild. Just something I came up with to help this particular plot move faster during battles. Others are entitled to use it in the future if they'd like though. War game simulations and whatnot. It IS pretty fun. *w* ]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun May 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Also, one thing Temo forgot. Xeek revealed his face in the war. So it's known by all/most, that Xeek is on Fenrir's side. As soon as he showed up, he took command of the fomors and led them to victory.

The archer team seemed to be the most effective (played by Ichigo(Mariella) << got to give credit.

Xeek is now recruiting people to help rebuild Dunbarton. I am posting the it on the bulletin board.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm

((On the NPC side of things, who managed to evacuate, and who remains in Emain?
Keeping in mind that Emain until now also hosted the Bangor NPCs))
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 pm

As the tattered remnants of Emains army huddled around campfire in Osna Sail, Wolfe took stock of his situation. nothing looked promising.

out of the three thousand who had fought in Emain Macha, barely over three hundred had escaped. The Guards Company was still mostly intact, but they were the only ones. Black and most of his Axe Company lay dead in Emain's streets. Silver was still alive, but most of her Shield Company had perished near the cathedral. along with that, groups of civilian refugee's huddled beside the soldiers, deprived of there homes and some of their husbands and wives. Nothing had been heard of White and his thousand, so the worst was assumed. It had been a disaster.

still, he had no plans to yield. to run and hide in Taillteann would also serve no purpose, save to place them into a corner from which there would be no escape. they needed to rest and regroup, but there was no place in Uladh where they could hide for long.

Silver came over and at down by him. He looked at her and winced. A close fireball had seared of most of her hair and left her face bright red. though he supposed he wasn't much better. were it not for his armor, he wouldn't be breathing, instead of having the sharp pains in his chest like he did.

"you might want to get that looked at" he quipped, before wincing as he inhaled

"i would say the same to you" she replied "this isn't more than a bad sunburn"

"and this no worse than a punch to the gut" he said back.

She sighed "what are we going to do. we're tired, we've more wounded than able-bodied, a group of civilians to protect"

"we'll swing by taillteann for a bit, for starters."

"i hope you don't plan on staying there"

"I doubt they'd let us. they don't want our war, they feel that thiers is enough. No, we'll stay there just long enough to drop off the civilians and allow the wounded to recuperate. Then, we acquire every last horse we can lay hands on and swing south. we'll pass by Dunbarton and head into Gairetch Hills before heading west into Sen Mag plateau. We punch through whatever Fenrir has in sen mag town, and then move on to Port Ceann. we hitch a ride on whatever ships we can get, and re-establish ourselves in Iria."

"thats... Ambitious. also damned near impossible"

"and that's precisely why I'm hoping it will work. Once we reach Iria, We'll go back to our roots for a bit. do mercenary work, recruit new members, train. there's nothing for us here right now."

"very well commander. I'll get the troops ready to move"
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sun May 09, 2010 10:09 pm

The Kerrins wrote:((On the NPC side of things, who managed to evacuate, and who remains in Emain?
Keeping in mind that Emain until now also hosted the Bangor NPCs))

((I imagine most of the fighter-NPC's like Craig managed to get out.))
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm

((Hey, Wolfe, didn't see you on Saturday night. I know you might think that it's a moot point, but I think that if those forces that you had picked out for Liiam's plan weren't used in the fight for Emain then we could still go ahead with it, or we can improvise something else. Let me know what you want to do.

Also, Temo, what do these forces in Emain consist of? I figure Liiam can get fairly close since there's bound to be a lot of crows and ravens in Emain due to all the stabbing going on, and he'd want to know. After all, if there's only 250 of them, as long as they're not all ogres I think Liiam and his Super Team (If I can ever get them to all agree to stab the same thing at the same time) should be able to wade through that with ease, especially with Honorary Super Team Member Galin and his "Crossbow of Oh God, My Face!"))

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum