Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society?

+12
Zwei Freeheart
Eranor
Jakelvin
Merokin
dweramond
Jaeden
The Kerrins
Jtipton
Angron
Aradia
Xeek
Jinnhin
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society?

Post  Jinnhin Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Currently, there are possibly two or more members who have at least a character in a MMORPG game, Perfect World; the known members are Caliandra and Jinnhin.

Review: The game, Perfect World have made many promises about customizations and neat features. They delivered most of them; they have Z-Axis, which allows us to jump and fly. Flying was more convenient than Mabinogi's; example, at Mabinogi, you have to use real money to buy a flyable mount that only worked in Iria while in Perfect World, one race can go flying right off the bat of level one (lv1) while two other races may have to grind to level thirty (lv30) to gain a flying mount (all meaning that you can fly for free, except you have to spend a lot of in-game coins). The graphics are detailed as promised when you bumped the graphics to high; the Wide Screen 16:9 feature seemed more refined than usual, which is a plus in Jake's Artistic Book. It have surprisingly more animated emotes than Jake has anticipated and the skills are able to be all maxed out without being restricted by the level cap of possibly a hundred (lv100); the statistics however are restricted by the level cap, so you have to plan ahead on how you wished your character to be strong on certain to some fields. There are six professions, but instead of explaining them all, I'll give the one sentence indication of what they are. Human Blademasters are the Mabinogi Final Hitters of Perfect World. Human Wizards are pretty obvious. Untamed Barbarians are the Warriors. Untamed Venomancers are the WoW Druids of Perfect World. Winged Elven Archers are pretty much the classical elven archers. Winged Elven Clerics are the Priests (respect them and they'll respect you in return...beware of how few they are). The downsides of them are their professions being racially restricted. Archers and Clerics are Winged Elves (even though the classics elves are wizards and archers); Blademasters and Wizards are Humans (classics would be any or blademasters and clerics); and the most honest, Venomancers and Barbarians are Untamed (despite their professions being gender restricted of barbarians being males while venomancers are females). With the high graphics and the busy servers, the game is laggy, but they won't be your main enemy until you get a nasty freeze lag (moment when every thing went eerily calmed until the damages or chat entries stacked up on the snap of a finger). Sorry chibi-lovers, the shortest profession characters are Venomancers and there are no Size adjuster for it. So if you like to be a chibi, get used to the female venomancers because they are the only short ones available. Age is absent in the game, so there is no waiting for weeks for the character to be old enough to make the lover look less of a pedophile. The best thing about it that sets it apart are the Sliders in the character customizations, imagine Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion or Mass Effect. Jake does like the Bust Size slider in the Body section, but he is not perverted enough to have a busty elven archer. Despite the malevolence of the game, it is pretty roleplayable. 4 out of 5 Xeeks for the rating.

Pros:
Free Flying
Free Pets
Free Mounts
Walk/Run
Many Emotes
Character Customization Sliders
All Skills can be Maxed Out
Great Graphics
Roleplayable
Kitsunes Adaptable
Succubus Adaptable
Neko Adaptable
Playboy Bunny Adaptable
Werewolf Adaptable
Angel Adaptable

Cons:
Attributes restricted by level cap
No Rebirth
Laggy at High Level Graphics
Professions Racial and Gender Restricted
Level Cap of 100
No Actual Chibis

If Allowed: Jinn can become Leader of the Perfect World RP Society Branch in Sanctuary Server.

Jinnhin = JackieAlice, the Winged Elven Cleric (Sanctuary Server)
Caliandra = Kishya, the Human Wizard (Sanctuary Server)

Last edited by Jinnhin on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Noticed that "If Allowed" part was not separated from "Cons" so it almost get mistakened that my leadership chance would be bad. XD)
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Re: Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society?

Post  Xeek Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Add Xenark which is well me XP. My level 30something blader. I quit after a while it becomes to grindy. When I get my new comp.. I MIGHT reinstall it if enough people try. It is pretty big, lots of RP possibilities. Also we can jump the FBs are dungeon crawling. Note: FBs are harder than ADV dungeons in mabi.! Healer highly recommended unless with a team of level 30+ for Fb 19... Yes.. level 30 for fb 19. Other than that.. a tank (or two) and a healer (or two... or 50...) and a few damage dealers will be needed.

Also... 4/5 Xeeks rating? XD As in my rating?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Re: Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society?

Post  Xeek Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Also.. mounts are free in-game too. Unless you want a really fast one.. or want to buy a speed boost. And in this game speed DOES matter.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Aradia Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm considering this game- it sounds like fun but before I join I want to see some nice game play videos first.
Aradia
Aradia
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Angron Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:34 pm

It doesn't sound too terribly bad, but I'm afraid if may lag up my PC more than Mabinogi does already. >_> Well I'll test it out just for the hell of it, if it lags I won't play.
Angron
Angron
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:09 pm

I might try it, but if so, I don't think J will be making the transistion. Harkins might, or I might use one of my all-but-forgotten characters for it. I didn't much like the gameplay, though...It was...frustrating for me, especially considering my connection issues.

Also, I played it before...But I don't think an elf cleric named Featherbrain or an Untamed called Furball are appropriate for RP. xP

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Well in this perfect world is a different Xenark. This Xenark will act more like the REAL Xenark. Which is 20 year old Xeek. (no mabi)

Also tip. Start a job while early in the game. Also check forums for char build up. Like I always say don't follow it to the letter just tip around it.

Also...What I didn't like is to repettive and grindy. Maybe now that new patches are out.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 am

I remember playing it a while back......
but it didn't hold my enjoyment for very long
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 am

The Kerrins wrote:I remember playing it a while back......
but it didn't hold my enjoyment for very long

Exact same feelings here.

Perfect World is BEAUTIFUL. ... ABSOLUTELY beautiful. And who DOESN'T like having the ability to fully customize your character to looking EXACTLY the way you want it?

But ultimately, the game has no substance. Let me clarify that. You'll grind, and you complete quests, and you'll hear the lore behind the game. But you will never know exactly just why you're doing what you're doing. There is no "Greater purpose" It's just random quest after quest. To repeat that: They throw so many quests at you that you will never have a problem of knowing where to go; however, there's absolutely no story line to actually connect all these quests into a conceivable plot line.

To expand on the negatives just a little bit further - there is a constant server lag. The American servers are also (the last time I played) Malaysian servers. But as was stated before, lag won't kill you. You'll even get used to it, after a while, and accept it as normal. However, it can be annoying =(

IF... and only IF my new found friends from RPS decide to play it - and create a guild on there as well - Then I would more than definitely be tempted to join again. Perfect World is vast. Incredibly so. I think the the possibilities for RP are endless on it. Plus, I miss my venomancer and hot elf x3 And the cuddle emotes are just too cute XD
Jaeden
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:39 am

Jaeden wrote:
Perfect World is vast. Incredibly so. I think the the possibilities for RP are endless on it.

That is a good point, I had barely dipped into the map when I got tired of it. If we look at it PURELY for RP benifits, completely ignoring the system part of it all, we can definately carve our own niche out of it. I'm not going to spearhead anything, but if enough people go for it, I'll re-download the client
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:50 am

Mind you, we won't have quite the same variety of character origins that Mabi gives us.
The very concept of the Soul Stream has given us the possibility of being ANYTHING we want, from regular humans to vampires to fallen angels, from absolutely scientific to completely magical to historical, and everything between.

In PW,we would more or less have to assume our roles based on the game's storyline, or a storyline contrived by the lot of us.
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  dweramond Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 am

i tryed it a little while ago and quitted even just as a lv1 untamed cause of an internet7 broadband conection lag on my vista computer with a video card....dont make me start about my video card...it could run a AI perfectly looking like a human at 300km/h...but i might try it again making dwer an angel and his bro a falling angel always have been in my head...also note that if i play i'll probably lower the resolution so if i say your outfit look a way...it mean at a lower res it does XD anyway i'll install it tonight and make 1 or 2 winged elves in order dwer and his brother Aldermond so anyway keep me uptodate on if yes or no the rps will exstend to PW and also is it on the international version or on another one?
dweramond
dweramond
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Location : somewhere in the world...or wait is this the same world?hum...i wonder...

http://www.youfail.org

Back to top Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Origin Issue

Post  Jinnhin Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Kerrins, you can come up with a lot of ideas on how in the world your character got there in the first place.

In example, Jakelvin's origin theory came from his Adriljun RP (which have virtually any versatile explanation of Arathian (those outside Adriljun) origins.

Explanation: There is always a life after death. Jaliji's Courthouse (Adriljun) and Soul Stream (Erinn) have been receiving the newly dead souls for placements. In the Soul Stream, Morrighan and Nao "decide" how the souls will become before entering Erinn as Nao guides the souls into the world. In Adriljun, Jaliji decides how good or bad the soul's new life will be and how they'll appear while Clanlord Nefelhim "Dreadbane" Necrofear guides the souls into the world. If the Erinn-Born or Adrilji (those who are born or "resurrected" into Adriljun) were to die, their souls will be either switched world or wondered into another world. In Perfect World's case, the souls intrudes into the world in search of a new vessel to inhabit which are the newborns who are born within Perfect World itself. No needs for gods or so, just souls possessing newborns and forgetting their past lives (maybe), then build the history from there.
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Merokin Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Yay~! I play perfect world too, but I'm still n00bish. =.= Currently a level twenty-one Wizard named Syanali. Add me. Now. Or else.

My only problem with PWI is how vastly different it is from Mabi. From the songs to the colors to the characters, nothing is the same. Also, the game seems very impersonal to me, despite everything. Every time someone starts a conversation with me, or asks me something, they use the Whisper option. Is if I should be ashamed of talking about pwning some monsters or wanting to hurry up, level up, and get this adorable new Arcane Robe. That's all that really gets me. Everyone seems unapproachable, and when there's a pause in the quest-flow... It gets lonely.

But with RPS there, it will be all the better! ^^
Merokin
Merokin
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Just apply in the website's Perfect World Section using my application setup.

Post  Jakelvin Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 am

And you're in the guild in no time, knowing that you'll passed the application check. Very Happy

Note: Jinn accidentally used Jake's account when posting. Shocked

Jakelvin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Eranor Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:25 am

Not touching this with a ten foot pole.
Eranor
Eranor
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwei Freeheart Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:19 pm

i forgot about my acc a long time ago

Zwei Freeheart
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Merokin Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Someone add meeee~ It's lonely playing all by myself. Dx Character name ish Merokin~
Merokin
Merokin
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwei Freeheart Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm

i will add you

Zwei Freeheart
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwei Freeheart Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

by the way when i type your peoples names into friend list i cant get you im so lost

Zwei Freeheart
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Add the game, "Perfect World" as a Branch for RP Society? Empty Yeah

Post  Kalamiko Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm

If looking at PWI for purely RP, It would be almost perfect. Being able to go anywhere you want to~
It's awesome.
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 am

Lol, wow I cannot beleive you guys found out about this game! I've been playing it myself and im already a level 32 Winged Elf on the Lost City(PvP) server, and I must say the character customization runs really deep.. I'm really impressed with it, though the premium features in the game do seem kind of expensive.

The quests however.. I'm not too glad about them, It seems difficult to tell which quests have to do with the storyline and which ones don't, and I'm totally sure there is a storyline to follow, but that's just my experience with the game though. I would hate though for RPS to start on another server other than Lost City, but there's no stopping what you guys are going to do which is fine with me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Jinnhin wrote:
Pros:
Free Flying
Free Pets
Free Mounts
Walk/Run
Many Emotes
Customization of Hair, Skin, Eye and lip colors.
Great Graphics
Roleplayable
Kitsunes Adaptable
Succubus Adaptable
Neko Adaptable
Playboy Bunny Adaptable
Werewolf Adaptable
Angel Adaptable
Mermaids aswell now. And what ever an Earthguard would be...
Males can carry females, even when flying.
Beasts, can transform on land.
Fish People(forgot the name), Can transform under water at a certain Lv.
And for lovers, there is a kiss-action when carrying/being-carried

Cons:
No Rebirth
Laggy at High Level Graphics Lynn: With low graphics you shouldn't get much lag until you enter that one city..........I don't remember the name of it, it's A HUGE city, with walls all around, begins with an 'E' i think, But your fine unless you go in there...
Level Cap of 100
No Actual Chibi's
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:24 am

Lynn17 wrote:
Jinnhin wrote:
Pros:
Free Flying
Free Pets
Free Mounts
Walk/Run
Many Emotes
Great Graphics
Roleplayable
Kitsunes Adaptable
Succubus Adaptable
Neko Adaptable
Playboy Bunny Adaptable
Werewolf Adaptable
Angel Adaptable
Beasts, can transform on land. They can also go in the water and air while transformed.
Fish People Tideborn's, Can transform under water at Lv 9.

Cons:
No Rebirth
Laggy at High Level Graphics Lynn: With low graphics you shouldn't get much lag until you enter that one city..........I don't remember the name of it, it's A HUGE city, with walls all around, begins with an 'E' i think, But your fine unless you go in there...
Level Cap of 100
No Actual Chibi's
The World Chat is often spammed by people who just need that extra bit of attention.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 am

Cyler wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:
Jinnhin wrote:
Pros:
Free Flying
Free Pets
Free Mounts
Walk/Run
Many Emotes
Great Graphics
Roleplayable
Kitsunes Adaptable
Succubus Adaptable
Neko Adaptable
Playboy Bunny Adaptable
Werewolf Adaptable
Angel Adaptable
Beasts, can transform on land. They can also go in the water and air while transformed.
Fish People Tideborn's, Can transform under water at Lv 9.

Cons:
No Rebirth
Level Cap of 100
No Actual Chibi's
Missions often require help from much stronger people or very large parties.
Very grindy
The World Chat is often spammed by people who just need that extra bit of attention.

Once you get over those things, you are set. What I recommend is make friends, join a guild, do early jobs (Apothecary.. ect), and collect good gear.
Also, unless you want to spend $$ fixing your stats. I recommend you do a bit of research on the class you are choosing. The Classes are balanced so don't worry about being too weak.

I am in the server Sanctuary if people want to join Aura and I.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next