Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Event Brainstorming

+22
Dark_Fang_Nightmare
Adhamh
xiferagei
Xeek
thesixthpain
Kalamiko
Eranor
Darian
Jakelvin
Zeffie
Satsubai
JagdtMirage
Captincrunch
Temo
Brionnda
serihon
Balto
Raoul
Kalypstra
Nowaki
Kahlen
Alis
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roleplay Event Brainstorming Empty Roleplay Event Brainstorming

Post  Nowaki Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Well, the guild has gotten pretty big in less than a month. Our members seem pretty active, I see them all over. Inyala and I think it's time we did something!

Here are some of our current ideas:

• Music Festival - Contests, performances, sing-alongs, score trading, etc.
  • Fashion Shows - Judged by a panel based on character appearance.
  • Scavenger Hunts - Gather items based on clues, find hidden clue-givers in the city, etc.
  • Bonfire Storytelling - Set up fires and gather-round for storytelling and poetry.
  • Race - From one city to another, or from one side of a map to another.
  • Eye Spy - I spy with my little eye, something blue! Take a guess!
  • Trivia Contests - Can consist of Mabinogi trivia.
  • Large-Scale Combat Tournaments - Held in the Arena on a standard bracket.
  • Performance - Groups of players work together to act out scenes of a play for the audience.
  • Fortune Teller - Run by one character, utilizing Mabinogi lore, Raoul's excellent horoscope and calendars, and other details.
  • Name That Tune - Bards play recognizable tunes and the first to shout out the name of the song wins.

Anyone else got any more ideas? Of course, we can run several games/events in a single night. Also, what days/times are favorable to you?

NEW - Potential Locations
  • Dunbarton Church - No NPCs, small but peaceful with no traffic.
  • Unicorn Statue - The designated 'meeting place' of Dunbarton, large area, good seating space.
  • Dunbarton School Lobby - The funky camera angles make it difficult for large events, but pleasant for small ones.

Last edited by Nowaki on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Nowaki
Nowaki
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://www.animebelle.com

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Event Brainstorming Empty Re: Roleplay Event Brainstorming

Post  Alis Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm

I really like the bonfire idea. Smile

My best days are Friday evening and Saturdays. The rest of my days are usually dedicated to school and I'm in and out of Mabinogi. Friday and Saturdays I can be on it all day without a care. (At least, this is true for this quarter.) I'm usually home at about 3 on Fridays.

If I come up with any other suggestions for events, I'll return!
Alis
Alis
Wolf in Designer Clothing

http://waltzforvenus.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kahlen Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 pm

That's weird, I totally was thinking about something along these lines earlier. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CHARLES!

...Anyway. I think the scavenger hunt idea rocks. Like, a lot. Kahlen would be all on that like white on rice. I'm free pretty much any evening after 7 central time.
Kahlen
Kahlen
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://burningdiscos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nowaki Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 pm

Almost any day is good for me, except for convention weekends, the second Friday of every month, and Saturday evenings can get a little bit hectic. I'm usually away from 9pm to 10pm eastern, and from midnight on for a couple of hours. Fridays would probably be best for me, in that regard.
Nowaki
Nowaki
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Nowaki Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 am

I did some digging to look around and find out what kind of player-run events have taken place in other MMOs, and here's what I've found so far.

• Trivia Contests (inspired by Trickster Online, can consist of Mabinogi trivia)
  • Large-Scale Combat Tournaments (held in the Arena on a bracket)
  • Performance (groups of players work together to act out scenes of a play for the audience)
  • Fortune Teller (run by one character, utilizing Mabinogi lore, Raoul's excellent horoscope and calendars, and other details)
  • Name That Tune (bards play recognizable tunes and the first to shout out the name of the song wins)
Nowaki
Nowaki
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalypstra Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:05 am

Neat! I really like all of those ideas! I played Star Wars Galaxies for a while, as well as World of Warcraft and City of Heroes...and even a bit of Dungeon and Dragons online...but any who, Mabi seems to be rather good at being a bit of everything. But something I did in Star Wars Galaxies that may or may not be fun, is a Guild Sponsored Role playing day. Post in all the forums we have access to, and assign a date time and place for everyone to meet and just have an RP free for all. Or have some of these events happening, even possibly use it as recruiting purposes or just to get more people involved.

Well that's about it at the moment, I"m sure as the generations continue, we'll start getting more ideas as we get to work with more content ( ie. Pets etc )

Oh and, I"m free just about any time in the Afternoon/evening/early morning.
Kalypstra
Kalypstra
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

http://cautionchickensatplay.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post  Raoul Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 am

Whoa, that would be just amazing!

My perfect day is Friday, since Saturday is the boyfriend's day!

XD
Raoul
Raoul
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

http://raoul.zip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Balto Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 am

I'm good with any event that has to do with bards. ( Go Figure ) Or the bonfire one. I'd love to utilize the event to get some more roleplaying done. Balto is still mysterious to you all! Believe it or not. What a Face
Balto
Balto

Back to top Go down

Post  serihon Sun May 11, 2008 11:46 pm

All of those ideas sound good. Can't wait to see them put into action.
serihon
serihon
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

http://www.whirlwindproduction.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brionnda Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 am

I really like the idea of events being held in Dunbarton over Tir. I particularly like the idea of organizing something in the School, it's so empty for an institution of learning! Maybe something of the sort could be done also in Bangor, especially the Bonfire event when night falls and it's really too dark to move around there?
Brionnda
Brionnda
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 am

I dunno if it's been said or not yet, but...DUNGEON RACE!!!

The thrills! The danger! Learn the value of teamwork or prove your strength by facing the odds alone! Be the first to reach the end and receive the ultimate prize! ...I dunno what that is, but I'd leave it up to the guild leader or proctors. But this is pretty much the idea:

-Contestants can make a group of 1-4. These can be selected by a team captain, randomized...however the proctors want it done.

-Proctors give the items to be used to generate the dungeon for each party to be run, then wait at the altar for everybody to return. Different items to each group. You know, same dungeon issues n' all.

-1st, 2nd, and 3rd parties to make it through before everybody else win whatever the prizes'll be. To up the ante, maybe throw in a time limit for a grand prize. All persons in the returning teams must be present and show the items rewarded at the end of the dungeon to the proctors before placing - just to be sure they didn't cheat and just sit around a few minutes before returning. Or, a proctor can go to monitor them so long as they don't get involved. XD

Even those who don't place, the way I see it, everybody wins considering what all can be picked up along the way. ^w^ This is just a draft of how things would go down. If anybody's interested, could work out any kinks, put it up to debate, etc, etc?
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 pm

When I hear Dungeon Race I was thinking - group goes in and races to the boss room - first there gets the goody from the end or something appropriate.
This could weed out those who jump in too early so that teamwork would get everyone though until the last encounter then race to the boss door.
Then again it all depends on the dungeon we have the race in.

Cair Beginner might be the most even handed for everyone including the newest recruits.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  serihon Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 pm

The dungeon run sounds interesting. Possibly have a judge with each party to watch the progress and determine when the group finishes? Also would need to determine how to arrange groups based on class/lvl or perhaps allow groups to form themselves?
serihon
serihon
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

http://www.whirlwindproduction.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 am

With Cair beginner there is no worry of multiple groups on a run.
The proctors could be the group marshals/leaders.

On a similar note but instead have a fun run.
We could go with multiple groups and have everyone go at the same time on a normal run.
The first group would be made up of a marshal and those in most need of experience.
All marshals would carry a group quest scroll of two.
Maybe with bonuses to the bandage squad - Role Play - most spectacular death - most fitting or humorous soliloquy - etc.

Hmmm, the mines don't look so bad if you think about it.
Three groups of 8 or more knocking the squidly-doo out of the Ogres as part of the end of the run party. Basketball
Wonder how long we could keep one airborne with enough blasters in the group? bounce
Let the more tender members have a early chance to see a place without evaporating in the first encounter. affraid
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Event Brainstorming Empty "Live Fire Training"

Post  JagdtMirage Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am

I am pondering; a combination of recruiting and teamwork training.

The Drill Sgt. in me says that a good group should be able to work and be observed.

I'm thinking of groups of 4 team members + 1 observer (with a clipboard). The general idea being that you're going through giving people a chance to work as a team, fight and win as a team, and you're also able to give creative and constructive feedback on various things.

The observer is not to be a combatant in a training run. The observer is there, with bandages, feathers, and maybe even extra holy water, to advise & assist. Not to heal in combat, but to reduce the downtime on a wipe.

With Mabi's technology it can be done, an observer can stand at the door and watch as a group clears the room and comment in the party channel.

It's ... Training.

And Exp.

And team building.

And fun.

Can't forget the fun.

Because really... If I wanted to go do this and have it not be fun, I know where the recruitment office is, and I can still go re-enlist.
JagdtMirage
JagdtMirage
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://bachelorchowchef.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsubai Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Here's a place to add to potential locations...

Emain's Auditorium. Not often used, you can walk through the curtain on the stage, and on the seating area. Another potential plus, is the lack of background music, so you're more likely to notice when somebody's playing on the stage, even if they aren't roleplaying.

Satsubai
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeffie Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Hmm.. This one came in my mind a long time ago... But a RPS ball? We could.. All dress fancy!(or as fancy as we could get >///<) And we could have it at the castle lobby in Emain ! and We could have some of the bards in the guild take turns making music! I have some other ideas but thier more like scenes from Eclipse... So they might not work XD >///<
Zeffie
Zeffie
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://zeffiesaurus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:59 am

I like the idea of a fancy dress ball but the castle lobby has one big problem that I just loath, you can't change your Point Of View.

As Emain goes there is limited traffic there to begin with outside of the few questers passing through.

Why not the usually empty stage area? We don't really need to use the stage unless the bards want to go up front and center.

Also it would be a good idea to have a program prepared ahead of time with who will be playing what at the very least.
I am not sure how the "dancing" will be done but i think we can figure something out by then.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakelvin Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

Dancing will be the tough one, but with some imagination and delusions, it'll work out...eventually. have both the event designers and the council collaborate on this matter?

3 Factors
=======
Population

Jakelvin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Well, there's always the castle courtyard, too. I mean, it's *always* summer in Mabi and an outdoor party might be fun. The castle does make for an excellent backdrop.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Eranor Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 am

Every man to a woman?

I like the idea of using the stage though..nobody ever uses it for anything. Except for the odd couple sitting behind stage making out or the like.
All in all, this idea feels good.
Eranor
Eranor
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 am

It is almost impossible to actually dance, unless you were an expert at clicking and camera angles. It would be more like a Black-Tie social party. Which would be good, too.

Would this be IC, or OOC?
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 am

OH - if we can hold off on the formal dance bit for a while I think we will have nothing to worry about.
I checked the various generation intro movies for the Korean version and guess what - Dancing Roleplay Event Brainstorming 92873

OK, some of it is based on the animated actions for bowing and such used in the wedding ceremony, as well as the twirl show-off action but it looks decent.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 pm

OMG I TOTALLY WANNA DO THAT. XD
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 pm

I think we can throw together a few informal dance parties before then.

You know, dance lessons, trying out various music pieces, experimental foods and all that fun stuff.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next