Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative Universe RP

+12
Adir
Kenelm
Soifa
Vayne
Xeek
Lynn17
Glaceon
Lenaliere
Bartholomew
Adhamh
Auramune
Mari Eir
16 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Which AU should we do next?

Alternative Universe RP Vote_lcap86%Alternative Universe RP Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
Alternative Universe RP Vote_lcap0%Alternative Universe RP Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Alternative Universe RP Vote_lcap14%Alternative Universe RP Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Alternative Universe RP Empty Alternative Universe RP

Post  Mari Eir Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 am

Ok, so the main thread was getting sort of crowded, so I decided to make a mini section.. and as I went on, I realized there were other things that needed to be done, so the mini section got more mini sections (insert "Yo dawg, I heard you like" meme here :I).

I know I said in the initial thread that it's best not to take suggestions until we get the ones we have out of the way, but after a few hitches I've decided to scrap our original AU RP list (save for those already completed, in motion, or in planning). This is in favor of a neater way of suggesting AUs:

If you want to submit an AU idea, do so with a premise/intro/hook. This way, the ones that require planning can be done a bit quicker and the rest will be easier to understand in general. We'll know exactly what it is we're voting for when the polls go up.

Each poll will have four options: Three AUs (either new or revisited, we cannot revisit an AU before 1 week has passed; one week because the AU may not be rolled for again so soon), and an option not to hold an AU that weekend.

I will again list and number all suggestions in the first post, editing frequently. Once we have done an RP, it will be labeled a revisit and retain its original number in the list.

Again, please think of a premise first for your own suggestion. If you cannot think of a premise, discuss it with a friend away from the forums and post the idea only when it is ready.

Feel free to resubmit AUs you've already suggested.

AU List:
1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
5. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
6. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
7. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
8. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Mari Eir on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am; edited 17 times in total
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Alternative Universe RP Empty Re: Alternative Universe RP

Post  Auramune Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but for the AU Bulletin, could which AUs they belong to be added to the titles? Like, "The Carnival is Here!(Steampunk AU)". So we know which bulletins go to which specific AUs?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am

Just now seeing that post. People should do that, yes.

Putting up a poll..~
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:42 pm

I like how we have 13 people that have voted so far, but max I've only seen like..7-8 participate.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 pm

I voted for the one I want to participate in. The other ones that have happened haven't interested me enough to join in.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am

They all interest me. I keep moving my vote around for no good reason since it doesn't seem to matter. 8D

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:They all interest me. I keep moving my vote around for no good reason since it doesn't seem to matter. 8D
Of course it matters. It would botch the final tally if votes are placed for the sake of voting, only to not show up for what the end result was.

:I Admittedly, some of the choices I see up there are interesting, but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first, why vote for them?
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Bartholomew wrote:
but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first, why vote for them?

Does that mean, of the op of a specific AU doesn't show up to other AUs that they didn't propose, you don't think their au should be voted on? Or am I misunderstanding what you're meaning?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Just a reminder: Don't vote if you're not gonna participate. It's not fair to those who actually WANT to do certain things. Don't make decisions for other people by voting when it has no effect on you. If it keeps up, I'll have you guys say when you vote. If less people speak up than how many voted, I'll have to choose another way of running AUs.

This is supposed be something fun for a GROUP of people, so don't get pissy and cause everything to splinter. Because then it just goes back to the way things already were in NU (normal uni) RPs.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Auramune wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first, why vote for them?
Does that mean, of the op of a specific AU doesn't show up to other AUs that they didn't propose, you don't think their au should be voted on? Or am I misunderstanding what you're meaning?
No, you're not misunderstanding, but it seems like a key phrase is being overlooked: ". . . but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first . . ."

Sure, we can't FORCE them to attend, but it IS unfair that they'll only most likely show up for what they offer first than attending at least one other AU they didn't offer beforehand; it'd give the impression that they'll only RP what they offer on the table, nothing else, and seem like a one-sided group activity.
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Bartholomew wrote:
Auramune wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first, why vote for them?
No, you're not misunderstanding, but it seems like a key phrase is being overlooked: ". . . but if the OP that offers them don't show up to others first . . ."

Sure, we can't FORCE them to attend, but it IS unfair that they'll only most likely show up for what they offer first than attending at least one other AU they didn't offer beforehand; it'd give the impression that they'll only RP what they offer on the table, nothing else, and seem like a one-sided group activity.

I don't see how it's unfair. Someone who's not interested in any of the ones offered so far shouldn't have to be forced to join, just so they can have a chance to do theirs. I don't see why it matters if they only want to join in on certain ones, and not others? Not everyone is interested in the same things. The AUs that have been done so far may only attract people who are interested in those specific genres. Same with a few other AUs that are offered. Heck, I'd say most, if not all, target their specific genre that people might not be interested in.

As long as people who vote do the AU that they are interested in, when it's that AU's time, then that's really all that should matter isn't it? Making a requirement to join another AU, that may not be fun for them, seems pretty unfair.

After all, isn't this just about fun?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 pm

I have to agree with Aura on this one. It'd be like going to school. Nobody wants to go to EVERY class there (if they even want to go to one) but you have to. We're not trying to recreate that experience. We're trying to create a guild of free choice. If you don't show up for the one you VOTED for, that is different. This is a guild of funtime and awesomesauce. but not THE Sauce. I don't like him.

On another note, since when do 53% and 46% add up to 100?! D<
Lenaliere
Lenaliere
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Auramune wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
Auramune wrote:

I don't see how it's unfair. Someone who's not interested in any of the ones offered so far shouldn't have to be forced to join, just so they can have a chance to do theirs. I don't see why it matters if they only want to join in on certain ones, and not others? Not everyone is interested in the same things. The AUs that have been done so far may only attract people who are interested in those specific genres. Same with a few other AUs that are offered. Heck, I'd say most, if not all, target their specific genre that people might not be interested in.

As long as people who vote do the AU that they are interested in, when it's that AU's time, then that's really all that should matter isn't it? Making a requirement to join another AU, that may not be fun for them, seems pretty unfair.

After all, isn't this just about fun?
It's about fun, yes, but how would they know if it's fun or not if they didn't bother attending what may not interest them at first? Plus, it would show that they're willing to attend other things as well as what they offer for others to enjoy and not just themselves. It's unfair not only to the people that want to do something (either something they're already used to or something new) but the OP as well.
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Bartholomew wrote:
It's about fun, yes, but how would they know if it's fun or not if they didn't bother attending what may not interest them at first? Plus, it would show that they're willing to attend other things as well as what they offer for others to enjoy and not just themselves. It's unfair not only to the people that want to do something (either something they're already used to or something new) as well as the OP.

Who cares if someone is willing to attend something else? People will go to what they want to participate in. I mean, personally, I'd never attend a HS RP. Because there's other things that I'd rather do than an rp genre that I'm like 0% interested in. Same applies for a few other genres. No offense to anyone who posted them. It's just not something I'm interested in. And I wouldn't expect anyone who was not interested in the one that I posted, to join either. Otherwise, it's forcing them.

It's not unfair, really. Like, if the Traditional RP wins this weekend, then the people who want to play in that one will play in it. If it doesn't interest the other people who may not have voted for it, then why would you want to shove it down their throat? It's all optional, and supposed to be fun. Making it a requirement to join before your AU can be looked at makes it the total opposite of that.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Participating in an RP does not mean you're there for every moment. You can try RPing for like a half hour and leave if you dislike it. At least try. You never know, you might find you like it. But at least you'd be seen trying.

Also guys, can we have ay least one thread where things DONT escalate into a debate/argument? Seriously, learn to pick your battles guys. :l
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Auramune wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
It's about fun, yes, but how would they know if it's fun or not if they didn't bother attending what may not interest them at first? Plus, it would show that they're willing to attend other things as well as what they offer for others to enjoy and not just themselves. It's unfair not only to the people that want to do something (either something they're already used to or something new) as well as the OP.
Who cares if someone is willing to attend something else? People will go to what they want to participate in. I mean, personally, I'd never attend a HS RP. Because there's other things that I'd rather do than an rp genre that I'm like 0% interested in. Same applies for a few other genres. No offense to anyone who posted them. It's just not something I'm interested in. And I wouldn't expect anyone who was not interested in the one that I posted, to join either. Otherwise, it's forcing them.

It's not unfair, really. Like, if the Traditional RP wins this weekend, then the people who want to play in that one will play in it. If it doesn't interest the other people who may not have voted for it, then why would you want to shove it down their throat? It's all optional, and supposed to be fun. Making it a requirement to join before your AU can be looked at makes it the total opposite of that.
Not joining other AU RPs is like being in a guild and not RPing with the guild, though. Not saying people should RP with everyone and their grandmother, but if they're only going to stick to one or two people, why bother in the first place?
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

It's clear that those who vote for something that doesn't happen likely didn't have any interest in the one that won, so they likely wouldn't show up to it. However, if all you are going to do is vote and never attend simply because you don't like the choices, why bother voting at all. I actually have voted on a few, they win, then I just drop out because it doesn't interest me anymore. The way I see it, it makes sense that people aren't going to show up to what they don't like, but as it's been said, how are you going to know you don't like it if you don't try. Honestly, this is more about group RPing together than groups of 2-3 sticking by themselves, and just changing the setting. Honestly, if you wanna play in an AU with your group, you don't even have to wait for the weekend to do so.

Anyways, the reason why 13 vote and 7-8 show up is because the losers didn't vote for that one, so likely weren't interested. It seems fair if they don't participate. Still should try IMO though. Could always be more fun that you thought.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Ok, guys. I think we get the point. Try it before you knock it, but as Ani said do NOT turn this into a huge thing. 8D;; So please, no more posts about this sort of thing. If you want to continue, do so privately. If not, I'll delete any post that comes after this, consider it a warning (I'll also edit a post if you try and get a last word in with one that's overall on subject).
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

\o/ The milletian extermination one sounds interesting~! +__+
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:13 am

I know the die is cast, but I'd like to mention that DR will be given every week of Sept.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 am

I'll put up a new poll when I wake up. = o=
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Poll's up~ = w=
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Might i suggest a castaway style AU?

Y'know, everyone's on a ship, theres a shipwreck and they all wash up on the shore of an abandoned island in which the AU RP starts. They either stick together, or fight against eachother to Survive. Scavenging for the little bit of food, aka Banana's, coconuts, fish, possible strange birds, and berries. Building shelters, things like that. On the last day of the Au they're either rescued, or they find a way to make it work on said island thus creating a possibility for a revisit.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Lynn17 wrote:Might i suggest a castaway style AU?

Y'know, everyone's on a ship, theres a shipwreck and they all wash up on the shore of an abandoned island in which the AU RP starts. They either stick together, or fight against eachother to Survive. Scavenging for the little bit of food, aka Banana's, coconuts, fish, possible strange birds, and berries. Building shelters, things like that. On the last day of the Au they're either rescued, or they find a way to make it work on said island thus creating a possibility for a revisit.

In response to this, might I suggest a Survival-based AU overall. We do have the Survival Horror, which falls into the same base catagory, just different setting. There could be many other survival-based settings, and we can come up with them as we go if needed.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Make a formal thread for it Lynn. If you really wanna do it, anyway. It seems simple enough, but maybe elaborate more on what may be present on said island?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next