Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glacia's Final Explosion....though not so final.

+3
Auramune
Xeek
Glaceon
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Glacia's Final Explosion....though not so final. - Page 3 Empty Re: Glacia's Final Explosion....though not so final.

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am

Glaceon wrote:Well....I have r9 fireball....and even without trans, I can get off 4 fireballs. So that's like 8 fireballs worth of damage on a good roll. Then a spear of god. God, not light, which hits for about 17k-20k damage

I meant in the time YOU posted (two fireballs)

That would be 2 Spear of Gods. And as long as you can use them, fine by me.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Glacia's Final Explosion....though not so final. - Page 3 Empty Re: Glacia's Final Explosion....though not so final.

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 am

Well....if someone is sitting there charging magic for so long....it's harsh...but you are at the center of the explosion where the full force of the power is. I really don't think you'll be surviving that.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:04 am

I could stand there charging and releasing and charging a spell all day long. I'm just saying it's mean to say people deserve to die. I just don't like the idea of promoting meta-gaming is all.
It has nothing to do with the actual power, tho. So that's where I'll drop it.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:05 am

Not saying people DESERVE to die, but if you stand there watching people charge the attack that's going to end your life...I think you might be a little suicidal..or a little slow.

Reminds me of dragonball Z.
"I WILL CHARGE THIS ATTACK THAT TAKE TWO EPISODES AND IT WILL KILL YOU"
"Oh no! He's going to kill me! Better float here and make gasping noises and do nothing about it!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 am

Soifa Toten wrote:Not saying people DESERVE to die, but if you stand there watching people charge the attack that's going to end your life...I think you might be a little suicidal..or a little slow.

Reminds me of dragonball Z.
"I WILL CHARGE THIS ATTACK THAT TAKE TWO EPISODES AND IT WILL KILL YOU"
"Oh no! He's going to kill me! Better float here and make gasping noises and do nothing about it!"

He could just be casting an ultimate healing spell =D. And there is the people that don't know about it >_>.
You know, just have hide Glacia in a Trojan Horse, and deliver her to the banquet.
That, and the example I've been saying, innocent building people! Think about them D=< Stickie could be in there.

Though, the important part is that there is no damage shown. I'll have no serious concern if Glacia puts a realistic way to show damage.

(Ex. Since her load time is 40seconds, 2 SoGs seem fair. If she increases it, she can have more SoGs)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 am

Yeah but the issue is how do they KNOW it's going to end their life? They don't. That's OOC information. And Glacia and Mithos BOTH said "they deserve to die" in their own posts xD.

I'm not saying a person shouldn't necessarily die from it. But it is ooc knowledge of what the power is. For all anyone knows it could be a really slow fireball? Or charging up a super healing spell to heal the world.

It just seems like a few posts are pro-metagaming xD. Which makes me =<.

Can the first post be updated when a damage thing has been figured out? That would be helpful.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:29 am

OH, right right. I'll do that.

Teo and Soifa, do your approvals still stand?

And saying they deserve to die is...eh. Glacia's healing counterpart to this can be done while talking or anything else. This is sitting in one spot loading a charge that is clearly an attacking move, and seeing Glacia getting weaker and weaker as she loads it because her very erg is being put into it. Yes they don't know what it is, but if someone is taking 40 seconds to load something that looks similar to fireball and could potentially destroy you, would a logical person sit there and stare at it not doing anything? I'm not for metagaming, just saying I think they would deserve to die, because in most situations...they do.
Nowadays, most people deserve to die in general in our RPverse.
Also...the whole "hide in a safe spot and load it up" was discussed previously.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 am

40 seconds isn't a lot xD I'd just figure they were casting a very slow fireball or something.
Unless you mean 40-real seconds and 26.66666-ingame minutes... but then that's too much.

Edit: I don't have a problem with 40seconds, Just stating 40seconds isn't a lot.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Approval withheld until a valid source of damage is obtained.

Approval Stands.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:20 pm

So was Soifa's approval still there?

Also, this is like a bump thing...1 aproval needed if Soifa's still stands.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 pm

This is another one of those b-word things...
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:47 pm

I have placed here....one of those things that go bump in the night.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 am

Una pregunta, if you decide to use SoG for the damage, what happens if you can not switch to light destiny(If you are dark) or can not use demi?
Also, how many SoGs/fireballs will you use?

Secondly, you should bump in the morning/afternoon. More effective.

Also, this is more of a general question... what percent would be the duel to test the damage?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:24 am

Percent wouldn't really matter I don't think, since SoG in even 1% hits near 200. So enough attacks would kill. But this skill wouldn't be a "duelshow" skill IMO, because it's a Mini-plot skill. It blows crap up. For the full effect, 100% would be best if a duel is needed or something.

For the other things, I don't use Morri skills (like...I just don't) and the second one likely wouldn't happen since I don't use demi in RPing, so if the situation came up, Demi would be ready to use.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Glaceon wrote:Percent wouldn't really matter I don't think, since SoG in even 1% hits near 200. So enough attacks would kill. But this skill wouldn't be a "duelshow" skill IMO, because it's a Mini-plot skill. It blows crap up. For the full effect, 100% would be best if a duel is needed or something.
Well, enough hits of '1' will kill anything too if that's the case. In 40 seconds(the load time) You can get 3 SoGs out at most.

Also, this is not your job, I am just stating it, there has to be a set percent for powers. It's not fair that some powers are done at 100percent and others at let say, 5. So.. there should be a fixed person for powers to be applied.. and this should follow it as well...
Ex. A regular person of Teo's strength doesn't have a power. His smash is done at 10percent.
Someone of Xeek's strength(weaker than Teo) has a power represented by smash, but it's done at 100percent. See where I am going?

Yes, I understand it's a mini-plot, but that shouldn't give it a reason for it to be at a higher percent than other powers. It's considered a mini plot, because you are turning about 3 SoGs into one very large AoE. But, like the rules say, it still needs to be represented.

For the other things, I don't use Morri skills (like...I just don't) and the second one likely wouldn't happen since I don't use demi in RPing, so if the situation came up, Demi would be ready to use.
The first explanation is fine, because, well.. you don't.
The second though, CAN happen. If I remember correctly, you do have an IC power for Demi, so there is chances of it being used. You can also use it
1) Accidentally
2) During a PvP battle (IC or OOC)
3) During a monster fight.

I am not suggesting for your power to fail, I am just wondering what would you do in such situation.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Let me retort the second point by pointing out a few things that makes the arguement moot. Well, one thing, but it was said multiple times.

Requires Council/Mentor Permission to use, period.

MEANING: If the skill were to be used, I have to get permission and stuff. If I don't have demi readily, I'm NOT going to ask premission for something I can't show ICly. And it also implies that the idea and use of the power would be requested before the actual RP itself, meaning Demi -would- be readily available if it was needed.

Anyways, the first point. It's a hugefreakingexplosion. I don't give two craps what percent it's at.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 pm

While I still find the councilor approval thing silly, I guess it answers what I need, which reminds me..
Does it need the majority of the councilors to vote? Or typical 3? Or just one? (JUST CLARIFYING).

One last thing about the percent, you'll be okay if someone decides to use like, 1 percent?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm sure when I ask, it will be discussed amongst the councillors. That's what I imagine at least.

And if someone chooses 1%, so be it. The damage from 3 SoGs can still kill in 1%.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 pm

All my issues are done, the only thing, I think the councilor approval before use should be removed. But... it's really your call.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Considering the explosion isn't only damaging to players, No. This explosion is capable of destroying landmarks and buildings as well. Basically she could sit somewhere and tear a hole in ANY city.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Glaceon wrote:Considering the explosion isn't only damaging to players, No. This explosion is capable of destroying landmarks and buildings as well. Basically she could sit somewhere and tear a hole in ANY city.

So can a pile bunch of gun powder. Real life logic, things explode. I can right now go and destroy the same landmarks without powers. '--it happens'. I just personally see this power as a last resort sort of thing. Not as a planned thing, councilor approval can take weeks, making the opportunity gone.

Councilors are -not- baby sitters, nor GMs, they do not get a say if something gets exploded or not.

While it is your power, although there is no reason why it wouldn't be approved without councilor/mentor approval, it's your call. I just think it'll be easier to use, and used in more appropriate situations.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:26 pm

If you are done harassing my power, then leave my thread. Thank you.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Still need one more approval. Soifa said hers still stands to me via MSN.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, alrighty. o: proved.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3