Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beatrix's Powers

+2
Glaceon
Auramune
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beatrix's Powers - Page 2 Empty Re: Beatrix's Powers

Post  Auramune Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm

-pushes to the bottom-

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:51 am

Updated Sleet storm, because i was a derp and forgot to.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 am

First question:

As you're proposing the ice elemental can cast IS, is there something special Beatrix would do to cast IS without the wand? A specific stance, or chant, or fomorian-pansy-eating contest that separates IB from IS in terms of how the Elemental casts it? Even a greater flash of energy or something? This aren't really suggestions, but I'm curious if you had something in mind to represent the more powerful spell being cast without a focus and as a racial trait. It may also help us define the character more rather than the mechanic. =D

Second Question: Chilling Aura:

With the freeze effect currently as is, are you defining this 'touch-freeze' effect as occuring instantaneously or is it more of a 'freeze creeps from the hand, slowly frosting over the other individual'? This way we specify what you want, and I can ask further questions about it. -nods-

Third Thing

This is more genuine interest because I really want to know more about what she is. Could you give a little bit of a background to Chrysalis, why she was connected to the spirit of Beatrix, general disposition and stuff. Basically, defining the character of the thing.

The other thing I want to address; pets have varying levels of stats based upon age and level. Some pets also transform, while others do not (werewolf, pallydogs, etc). Could you clarify if her various strengths and weaknesses are variable, first off? And then could you clarify how this would interact with transforming pets? I personally don't know if you even have such a pet, but I feel it's best to cover the question in case it does come up later.

As I said, Aura, I do apologize. I meant to get to this sooner, and kept thinking "This has been bumped, time to look at it." Thanks for hitting me up today; reminded me that I hadn't really finalized any input on the power. Hopefully my questions are understandable and easy to answer. =]

Cheers,
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:36 am

First:
Not really. The stance doesn't change much from in game to RP. Beatrix, being one for flash and dramatics, would probably lift her arm up for the duration of casting IS. But in reality, it would take no more motion than what's shown in game while casting. Which is pretty close to what I've described. Sans the wand, of course. After the spell has been charged, she can control it's movement with a flick of a finger, throwing it in the same fashion ice spear is used.

Second:
It's a creeping freeze. Which is a little more difficult to show in game since things ice over immediately. What I propose for this is that, if the person chooses to freeze(or if they don't, and it's taken to pvp), and their character is frozen, that is shown OOCly but IC is translates to them freezing slowly. The ooc freezing just confirms that it is/will happen to them. Does this make sense? I'll try to re-word it, if it doesn't.

Third:
A familiar is a companion to a mage that is manifested from the magic of the mage, and bound to that person. In a nut-shell, she is a manifestation of Beatrix's powers in a physical form. Beatrix, being such a demanding child, requires an all-purpose familiar, which is the reason she(Chrysalis) is able to change in to various forms.

Depending on which pet is summoned, the strengths and weaknesses vary with the body type for Chrysalis. The damage output of each pet can vary(if their levels are too far apart) because Chrysalis isn't used to that particular body-type. A cat may be a bit more agile than a bull, that sort of thing.

I do have a DK cat, but Beatrix is unable to transform in to a DK, so Chrysalis is also unable to use that power as well. I also do not have any werewolf/werecat/wererat pets. If that changes, then Chrysalis will be updated later on accordingly.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm

On IS:

If I remember the animation, it's 'revolving a hand over your head' instead of putting it in front of you. I assume that's what you'd be referring to as the normal stance, or are you referring to Ice Bolt's normal stance? Just gotta ask, because -technically- both lift up their arm.

Creeping Freeze

Slow freeze is understood. The fact that it's only done with permission of the other individual is understood. Does the 'creeping' bit only work if Beatrix is touching the other individual, or does it 'continue' of it's own volition when Beatrix releases her grasp?

Familiar

Ah, so it's similar to a familiar in the D&D sense of the 'soul-bond,' aye? If this is true, is it in a similar vein with personality then as well? The only other question I have would be 'does the Ditto have any weaknesses', since it's so versatile?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 pm

This is the ice spear spell motion. It's just like this, except without the wand.

The creeping freeze would continue even if she stops touching someone, until they are out of the area of effect(dome distance.)

Yeah it's like that. But I'm not sure what you mean by similar to personality? I've never encountered personality rules in dnd with familiars. She seems like she has her own personality, but it's really just the inner personality of Beatrix. But the conflict comes in because Beatrix's personality and Chrysalis' are so different. Chrysalis sort of acts on Beatrix's internal feelings. She's the polite and charming side, that no one would ever see. Making it look like she has her own personality. She does have her own free will.

I'm not really sure if this would be considered a weakness, but if she's knocked unconscious in any form, she must be revived before she can be de-summoned. If she is killed, the same 3day rebirth rule applies(but not because she rebirths.) It would take that long to have enough energy to summon her with a new body again. Otherwise, there are no weaknesses that do not exist for the individual pets themselves.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Auramune wrote:The creeping freeze would continue even if she stops touching someone, until they are out of the area of effect(dome distance.)

Just a quick question, as you adequately addressed other concerns. Why exactly would the slow freeze continue if the connection between the freezing object (the hand) and the target (the target) is severed? If it was instant freeze, I think I'd understand it better as that's something that happens with most other spells. I would just think that a 'slow freeze' requires constant attention from the freezing object to continue, unless it isn't really a racial ability anymore and is more a general spell. Just part of my general confusion here. =P
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 pm

The area the spell takes place is very cold. As stated, the closer to her the colder it gets. Her touching them basically starts the spell, but it doesn't stop until they are completely frozen. It would take her touching them, again, for them to freeze again.

I might have mis-worded it last time xD. But this is what I mean.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Auramune wrote:
The area the spell takes place is very cold. As stated, the closer to her the colder it gets. Her touching them basically starts the spell, but it doesn't stop until they are completely frozen. It would take her touching them, again, for them to freeze again.

I might have mis-worded it last time xD. But this is what I mean.

So the 'ability' is the aura itself, and the activation is via some trigger. Is there an obvious way besides tantrum that we can tell we might get our butts 'iced, shaken, and stirred?' Or is this only available during a tantrum?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 pm

It's mostly when she's angry/throwing a tantrum. But it's not something the characters will be able to spot unless they've encountered her before. Out of character, though, I'll use the ice shield to show who's in the area at the time, so people are aware of it.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Just as you used the word 'mostly,' when else would it happen? That way there's no confusion as to when the character could use this ability. =D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I say mostly because it's not like she can't just load up skill to use the skill normally. But, yes, it's when she's angry/throwing a tantrum.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

After clarifying that Touching Freeze applies only during the tantrum, power approved.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Okay, going to request that prior approvals look over and approve again if they have no issues(Soifa and Mithos).
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am

I have about 500 issues.

They're all issues with you not loving me enough, so they don't matter. Approved still. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Mithos isn't around too often, unfortunately. However, I can offer mine up.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm

That would be 3. Move pleaz.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired