Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vayne's Powers!

+3
Mari Eir
Temo
Vayne
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aren't I simply awesome?

Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap8%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap17%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap13%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap8%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap25%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Vayne's Powers! Vote_lcap29%Vayne's Powers! Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Vayne's Powers! Empty Vayne's Powers!

Post  Vayne Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 am

Vayne Aurelius

IC Skill Name: Splash
Power Class: Magic
OOC Representation: Water Cannon
Description: By not cooling the condensed moisture in the air, but rather further compacting it, an orb of water is formed. The damage comes from the force of impact. Duh.
Explain relation: It's the same skill, just done with magic.
Notes: Cylinder is OOC, duh.
Level: ...1?

IC Skill Name: Scorch
OOC Representation: Flame Burst
Description: Rather than focused into a ball and launched, the fire is held in place and propulsed forward in a fiery jetstream.
Explain relation: ...It's the same skill, just done with magic.
Notes:...Cylinder is still OOC!
Level: 1

IC Skill Name: Gust
OOC Representation: Wind Blast
Description: Wind is compacted and then flung, causing a knockback and nothing more. The effort put in to compacting something so free takes an incredible amount of effort, and so is taxing. He cannot use it repeatedly (wind blast rules)
Explain relation: Saaame skill, just done with maaagic.
Notes: ...Cylinder not..there.

IC Skill Name: Ice Coffin
OOC Representation: Frozen Blast
Description: Ice Coffin:Same as Scorch, but with the ice aspected magic. Numbs and encases target in ice for a short time (whatever the skill rank is). Not the most reliable skill. Success iffy. (Frozen Blast doesn't always work)
Explain relation: Same skill; magic.
Notes: No cylinder.
Level:1

IC Skill Name: Shock Field
OOC Representation: Shock
Description: Target becomes focal point of an electric field, and all within range are attacked by bolts of lightning, dealing electric damage. ICly, the attack is indiscriminate. OOC, it of course only harms enemies.
Notes: no cylinder

IC Skill Name: Erg Theft
OOC Representation: Life Drain
Description: Erg, the lifeblood of Erinn. Also the precursor to Mana, which is 'processed' erg rendered into a usable form. Vayne turns out his mana like none other, being a mage. As an 'emergency-only' way of compensating, he developed a tribute to Life Drain. A method of siphoning off the life force of another in order to replenish himself. However, this is as said emergency only, and he considers it an evil, cruel spell.
Explain relation: Same skill; magic
Notes: No cylinder!

IC Skill Name: Glaive Wall
OOC Representation: Barrier Spikes
Description: Earthen spires rise from the ground, providing a painful barrier. It's the only spell that has a literal 'dark' nature, even if it's benign in nature. It requires a particular atmosphere, or it crumbles. (Usable only in the Shadow Realm, as is rule, and 'dark' dungeons such as Rath, Peaca, and Albey. Otherwise, it is OOC)
Explain relation: Similar skill; magic.

IC Skill Name: Sand Blast
OOC Representation: Sand Burst
Description: Similar to Glaive Wall, a single spire is erected. However, it immediately 'pops', or explodes, sending tiny, blinding debris. When Glaive Wall is attempted in the overworld, this is always what will happen; the spikes will disperse violently.
Explain relation: Similar skill; magic.

IC Skill Name: Conflagration
OOC Representation: Heat Buster
Description: Through intense concentration, the force of Scorch is amplified and made into a fiery inferno akin to an explosion. The force coming from the palms (both hands are required) causes a knockback. Due to the intense amount of focus needed, he cannot perform it on a whim. Not only does he need to get into the flow of battle, but he must also store a bit of mana at a time--holding a bit back from each spell he casts. (HB rules)
Notes: No cylinder~

IC Skill Name: Justicar's Accord ((Since it's coming soon, I'm adding it. Even if approved, power will not go into effect until G16))
OOC Representation: Martial Arts, Recovery not included.
Description: Even with the level of arcane talent Vayne has, this was no small task. He wanted to control the very flow of the mana inside him, augmenting his physical abilities through it. It was painful, and he cut off the flow from parts of his body on several occasions resulting in quite a bit of annoyance on his part. But finally, he found out how to direct the flow of that blissful arcane energy. He had the agility to maneuver his body in ways he could not before, and he could condense and release mana whenever he made contact with something, adding quite a bit of force to his attacks.
Explain relation: MA (sans Recovery) -> Magic Augmentation
Notes: It only affects his own body, he is incapable of manipulating the flow of anyone (or anything) else. Just like he can't make someone else raise their hand or do the hokey pokey.

IC Skill Name: He doesn't really have a name for it, he's never called it anything. Since Dark is D-E-D, We'll say "Revenant's Boon"
Power Class: Symbiotic
OOC Representation: Dark Knight
Description: Dark is gone, yes. Gone for good. The sentient being that was him in Vayne's head was, quite literally, eaten. The effects had an indirect result: without a sentient being holding everything together, Vayne fell apart. Over time--and with help--Vayne was rebuilt. However, the stray, 'dumb' darkness still exists. When called upon, it rises and strengthens Vayne along with giving him mild appearance changes. His hair is black, his eyes are red. His claws are longer, his furrehparts are shaggy. He is stable and in his right mind. However, he doesn't process it well. When it's brought to the surface, it leaves him physically and mentally wrecked. He's too exhausted to do much of ANYTHING. Imagine working a 48 hour shift.
Explain relation: Dark Knight signifies him being in that state, and..yeah.
Notes: I'm not exaggerating, he can't do a THING after he uses this. He'll flop over panting and groaning. It's not a pleasant experience when he comes down from it.
Level: ...1? It can be directly represented, so...?

IC Skill Name: Fool's Lament
Power Class: Soul
OOC Representation: Demigod
Description: Vayne has done some terrible things, in his past. Not only that, but many a time his intentions have been good! And then, of course, the plain and simple fact that he's not strong enough. Not strong enough to protect those most important to him. Dark's power, it wasn't enough. He needed something else, something more. Vayne reached deep down into his consciousness, looking for...something. Anything. Deep, deep in the farthest reaches of himself..he finds something. What he finds is a tiny, fluttering thing with not-so-tiny power. How often can you say, 'I saw myself'? Not often, if ever, unless we are speaking of reflections. No, he reached out...and tapped into the raw potential that is a soul. The result was a huge burst in energy as the gap that bridged spirit and body melted away. He was able to recuperate from attacks quickly, as well as mold the massive amounts of energy being released from him into physical form. ((Credit to Xeek))
Notes: Not as taxing. While he can't use it excessively, he seems incredibly energetic afterwards. Possibly due to the regenerative properties associated with it.
Level: 1-2?

Last edited by Gracen Merit on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 7 times in total
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Vayne's Powers! Empty Re: Vayne's Powers!

Post  Temo Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 am

Basic skill interpretations from what I see, though I am still at a complete loss on most things alchemy (I'M LEARNING THOUGH! DX)

Still, just skill renames and overall trait/actions of basic stuff. I think I can approve of that, yep.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:36 pm

EVERY skill should be listed with the template, Vayne.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm

..*looks at first post* ..Did I miss something? O_o Was derping and misunderstanding. I'll get right on fixing that, I guess.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

*Doublepost*

...Kay....did it. >___________>
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Having to put all of those in multiple templates make for a super annoying read.

Whatever.

Approved or something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm

I disagree. If they're not in the template, I don't even LOOK at them.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I didn't say not to do it

Just that is was amazingly and retardedly annoying to read.

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Solution: make less powers?
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I highly doubt that'd work for that particular power set. >_>

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 am

These are all good and I approve of them.
Alchemy is for losers, anyway!
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 am

Aside from having rusty IC explanations for the OOC limitations, I only have two concerns.

1) For Life drain, why not just use life drain? The magical spell exist (IC wise).

2)
IC Skill Name: Lymilark's Shield
Power Class: Soul
OOC Representation: Demigod
Description: Vayne can't be a priest, he's not cut out for it. However, his drive to protect anyone, regardless of their alignment or mental state (so long as they aren't instigating at the time), did grant him a blessing. It's simply Nea's Demigod. But, in the same sense that Dalvar's Paladin is through Lymmi, so is Vayne's demi.
Explain relation: IC representation. Yup.
Notes: Not as taxing. While he can't use it excessively, he seems incredibly energetic afterwards. Possibly due to the regenerative properties associated with it.
Level: 1-2?

For the italic, please explain the limits of it? I don't see "Nea's" powers anywhere. And even if they were posted, you should explain how it works on you thread.

For the bold, we already spoke about this. And of course Dalvar would approve, she is doing the same thing. You CAN'T NPC Lymilark. And before you go stating that he wasn't NPC'd. Getting his blessing is NPCing him. You do not know his powers and limitations. You don't even know if Lymilark exist. Lymilark (along with the other tier 2 yahoos) have not shown themselves to anyone. Also, wasn't Vayne a killer not so long ago? (Maybe still is?) You don't know the extent of Lymilark's forgiveness.

I am pretty sure it was decided that the whole thing was a hallucination of Vayne. If so, you should state that. Unless I was just told that so you can continue the plot behind my (among other councilors at the time) back?
Dalvar, you should also know better for your "paladin" blessing. While Paladins DO work for Morrighan, she didn't give them the power at ANY time.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

1) I actually don't recall the decision, but I do believe you as to not NPCing things. I'll be speaking about it later. Very soon.

2) We do know Lymilark exists. He hasn't shown himself, but he DOES exist as evidenced through snippets about him from NPCs. This is not Earth. This is Erinn, where religion is VERY real. You may choose to follow it or not, but it is there. The Gods (both lesser and higher) exist. Just because they haven't been involved in the storyline doesn't mean they aren't around. Lymilark, being heavily inspired by the Judaic God, isn't particularly active. However, Aton Cimeni definately is there, if Lymilark under direct command, he's there by proxy.

2.1) Yes, Aton Cimeni exists. As is stated in the game and on the wiki (but most importantly IN THE GAME), he is responsible for bestowing the Caliburn to the parthalonians, and changed Kristell into a human.

2.2) Lymilark isn't the only upper-tier God who exists but isn't involved. The three arks. Lymilark (Love), Jeamiderark (Peace), and Hymerark (Freedom).

3) Killer not too long ago? Try two years ago. Has he had issues? Yes. But two real time years is QUITE some time of RP through which he broke off from being that person.

I give you the first point, Xeek. However, you are looking at this from a modern, first-world viewpoint where Gods are debatable. In Erinn, Gods are not a matter of debate. They exist. It's a Fantasy setting loosely based on Celtic mythology. The Celts, bear in mind, were a very religious peoples. A dead religion, sure. But very religious nevertheless. Being based UPON them, well, that's even more to the Gods existing. On that note, Lymilark is the God of love. Love. Not vengeance, not anger, not grudges. Love. Love lacks malice, and does not grudge. Love forgives, love sees the good even when it's hard to be found. Now, as I said, I give you the first point. It's legitimate and I'll have to ask around about it and see what the result was, because now that I think about it, in the original post I just left it ambiguous because I wasn't sure what the result was to begin with. I got mixed answers. Maybe there were some issues in the council at the time, I don't know. The rest? You've made your points, I've made mine. I'm not going to argue it here, because due to the first point, the rest is irrelevant anyway.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:12 pm

I'll have to agree with Xeek, in this manner.
Npcing a god is a no no D:<.

Also. . .he might be the god of love but keep in mind love hurts a LOT.

Till further info is created I cant approve.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm going to temporarily omit that because, well, you're right. I made a mistake! I'll be working on a reasonable other-explanation later today or tomorrow, when I'm not babysitting.

..Xeek? Thank you for your input, by the way. Because I didn't catch that myself, and I genuinely appreciate it.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 am

Updated. Added one power for the upcoming martial arts skills, edited the demigod with the help of Xeek, and am ready to resume! So....BUMP!
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Why is Demi still crossed out then?

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Because I derped and forgot to undo the strike!
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 am

Ok. Now I can read and approve.

ONLY I WONT

jkapproved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 pm

After soem clarification on soul powers.

I can approve if you find a picture of a car with a cactus on it, that is overheating and has a flat tire near a river.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Vayne's Powers! River10

Vayne's Powers! Other_10 Take your pic (lolpun). >.>
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 11:43 am

Dalvar, does your approval still stand or not?

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sat May 19, 2012 11:22 am

Daaaaaal...D: C'mon, then. Anyone else..?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 am

Uh.. Doesn't this already have 3 with Temo's?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 am

He changed things since then?

I mean, it'd be like..four with Dalvar's, but neither of the two seem inclined to offer if their approvals still stand after the changes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next