Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member: Nadirah

+7
Lenaliere
Lynn17
Dalvar
Adhamh
Mari Eir
Teoxihuitl
Nadirah
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Member: Nadirah Empty New Member: Nadirah

Post  Nadirah Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:24 pm

*scrambles to doodle up a avatar and siggy set* .w.;*

Character Name: Nadirah

How You Heard About The RP Society: Various people, a friend, Vulasuw joined, and I met Faivayne, he helped me get started.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?: I've been literate formal forum role playing for roughly 4 years now, only recently started role playing in Mabi.

Is English Your First Language?: Yes.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: A confident, prideful gypsy woman, Nadirah Sinfai is a thief of moderate skill, and a talented fighter. Ripped from her glory as the head of the Tara Guard by a childhood friend, and banished from her very home, she makes her way in Iria, reverting to what she was before the military entered her life. Courageous to a fault, no theft is too large for her, occasionally leading her into dire situations.

In the very beginning, in her adolescence Nadirah was lower class to impoverished. It seemed her only skills were thieving, where she got most of her food and belongings. Her best friend, and partner in crime was Selreth, a mousy, bespectacled boy who followed Nadirah around like a lost puppy. Soon, a draft for an upcoming war came upon their town, and the girl immediately came up with a plan. While they entered a home, she stole the military official's horses, holding them captive on the condition that she would be allowed to join the Tara military force. With little choice but to concede (or cut down a civilian) they accepted, giving Nadirah and Selreth their summons to the recruitment.

Nadirah worked her way along the military ladder, little to no heed given to her by her peers, except for Selreth, who always stayed by her side as a front lines medic. As she gained more respect and prestige, it seemed Selreth was pushed farther and farther out of the picture, even more so, when she found a partner within the military, a man by the name of Arthmathos. Knowing they would receive scorn for their actions, they kept it hush. So did Selreth, until the years past, and Arthmathos was knighted into nobility, and wanted Nadirah as his military advisory. His boiled jealousy and fury of being ignored for so long finally came to the surface, and he exaggerated the truth, telling the court that the woman had simply seduced the noble into giving her the lofty position. Unable to remove Arthmathos from his position, Nadirah was banished from Tara, her career taken from her and forced to resume her life as a lowly thief.

What type of character do you play?: I tend to play sardonic, opinionated characters, who aren't afraid to take advantage of others for their own profit.

What is your Mabinogi schedule?: Pretty much daily, in the evenings I'm more active by default. I'll typically inform far ahead of time if I'll be off somewhere.

Last edited by Nadirah on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fussy about the boldfont. =w=)
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

http://karmiclaw.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

New Member: Nadirah Empty Re: New Member: Nadirah

Post  Teoxihuitl Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Hmm simple I like it. . . which is saying a lot >.>

Is she a millitian or a tuathan?
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Nadirah wrote:sardonic, opinionated characters, who aren't afraid to take advantage of others for their own profit.
Sound familiar to anyone else? Razz

Just a few questions..

1. Like Teo's, Milletian or Tuatha? The first is immortal in a sense that, if killed, they will come back three days later. They are also capable of IC rebirth (OOC rebirth is irrelevant), and came through the Soul Stream from some other world to arrive in Erinn. The second one means they are born in Erinn and if they are killed, stay dead. I don't suggest making a Tuatha character for newcomers, though at the same time I won't discourage it. This does NOT mean, however, that if she falls in a dungeon, she dies. I mean more so in a dramatic sense.. like.. being stabbed or run over by a horse.

Anyway, if you choose Milletian, I would like to see more added to the bio. Past life and such, nothing to extravagant is needed. Smile

2. Your name sounds suuuuuuuuuuper familiar. I probably see it around a lot. What guild were/are you in before your interest in RPS? This isn't required, just my own bit of curiosity.

Other than this, it's mostly self explanatory stuff that can wait till later. Razz
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 am

Mariella Kana wrote:
Nadirah wrote:sardonic, opinionated characters, who aren't afraid to take advantage of others for their own profit.
Sound familiar to anyone else? Razz
e_e;; Like we need more. Razz
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Sorry about the wait, I've had a friend who just got back from jail crashing at my home. OAo;

1. Like Teo's, Milletian or Tuatha? The first is immortal in a sense that, if killed, they will come back three days later. They are also capable of IC rebirth (OOC rebirth is irrelevant), and came through the Soul Stream from some other world to arrive in Erinn. The second one means they are born in Erinn and if they are killed, stay dead. I don't suggest making a Tuatha character for newcomers, though at the same time I won't discourage it. This does NOT mean, however, that if she falls in a dungeon, she dies. I mean more so in a dramatic sense.. like.. being stabbed or run over by a horse.

Judging by the information given, and considering I'll be new here, I'm going to go with Milletian for this character.

Anyway, if you choose Milletian, I would like to see more added to the bio. Past life and such, nothing to extravagant is needed. Smile

I will definately add more, I wasn't sure initially how much I should add not to spoil anything, but I will certainly include more, there's plenty to be had.

2. Your name sounds suuuuuuuuuuper familiar. I probably see it around a lot. What guild were/are you in before your interest in RPS? This isn't required, just my own bit of curiosity.

I'm super picky about my guilds, so I've only been in two in the last year, Stoa and Paradox. Oh god Paradox. *headdesk*

Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Well, I'd like to see more about her pre-Einnn life. Specifically how she died, but that's just personal preference. (Wow, that sounds morbid, doesn't it?)

Other than that, we seem good to go.
I'm withholding approval until the bio is added too, but I don't foresee a problem once it is.
(We already have a group of gypsies, too! You may want to look in to that)
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Nadirah wrote:
Ripped from her glory as the head of the Tara Guard by a childhood friend.

o-o....

If she's going to be a Milletian....this doesn't make much sense to me...o.o
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Lynn17 wrote:
Nadirah wrote:

o-o....

There are Milletian childhoods too. Mero came to erinn as a 12 year old child. I think... he was a small child... Point is, they have childhoods.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Lynn17 wrote:
Nadirah wrote:

o-o....

Roza: Eternally a child.

There IS an option to be 10 when you make a character, not really too uncommon for someone to show up as a kid.

Edit: OR come as an adult, but want to be a kid again, and do that. After all, it's Erinn. Why the heck not? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:47 pm

MeroKida wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:
Nadirah wrote:

o-o....

There are Milletian childhoods too. Mero came to erinn as a 12 year old child. I think... he was a small child... Point is, they have childhoods.
I think she meant a position in the guard. Those are typically Erinn Born.

And Nadirah.. There are no spoilers OOC. You don't need to hide info about your character unless it's from other people strictly IC. It's best we know about anything that's major in the event of it being world breaking (for lack of a better example) or something otherwise impossible within the realm of Erinn. Metagaming is 100% against our rules, so we will never take info from OOC into IC, and if you feel someone does so, just tell us. Smile
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:
MeroKida wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:
Nadirah wrote:

o-o....

And Nadirah.. There are no spoilers OOC. You don't need to hide info about your character unless it's from other people strictly IC. It's best we know about anything that's major in the event of it being world breaking (for lack of a better example) or something otherwise impossible within the realm of Erinn. Metagaming is 100% against our rules, so we will never take info from OOC into IC, and if you feel someone does so, just tell us. Smile
misunderstandings. I make them. If THAT's what was meant though, then I agree. with all of that XD
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm terribly sorry, perhaps I'm confused...I'd actually love some advice. You all work a bit differently than I'm used to, being a forum roleplayer by nature.

I'll fill in more in her bio today, then maybe you all can tell me what she would be best suited to? I want to be sure to follow your rules.

UPDATE: I added more of Nadirah's story. I hope this will be sufficient. owo;
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 pm

If we say nothing and start giving approvals, you're golden. That's all you really need to know. If anything is questionable, we WILL question it. It's not easy to make a world breaking character though, so sorry if I scared you. xD Like I said, that was just an example.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 am

Mariella Kana wrote:It's not easy to make a world breaking character
BRB, gonna prove you wrong. *Begins to write up his bio on the god with insta-kill, never-miss lasers and psychic-abilities.*
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Ok, I see stuff about her past, but not her past life. We want to know how she came to Erinn if she's going to be a Milletian. Unless you changed your mind.

Btw, there was a major plot last year in which there was a huge war. If you'd like, I'm sure someone would be willing to touch bases with you on that. I don't see any real flaws in the story, though. Just more like missing information. xD
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I've not changed my mind, just a little fuzzy on the details. Is she not able to be born in Erinn? I'm sorry if I've being repetitive, I just want to make sure I understand.

I'm so interested though, it sounds like a completely different universe than I'm used to. O:
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Milletians are people who have come to Erinn from a different world. They are not native to Erinn and have distinct characteristics in comparison to those from Erinn, regardless of the Milletian's race. Some of the distinct characteristics of Milletians is the ability to be reborn and to change their appearance, age, and gender.

In the RPS world, Milletians are the immortals brought here to protect Erinn(but many carry out their own feelings and destinies depending on RP.) If you die as a Milletian, in RPS, your character stays gone for 3 RL days(which equals about 3 months in character time) before they can rebirth and return to RP. The death of a milletian isn't an extremely easy task. If you die in a dungeon(in game death) you are considered knocked out and can be 'revived' on the spot. It takes pretty much destroying the body of a milletian for their soul to return to the soul stream.

For those native to Erinn, Tuatha de Danann or "Erinn Borns," once they are dead, they are dead. No rebirths, no Nao. They are still able to be awoken by feathers if they are 'knocked out.'

And I think that pretty much covers the difference.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:00 am

It's beginning to sound more like my character should be Tuathan. (sp?)

I'll have to get used to this kind of format, but I think I get it now.
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 pm

If you leave your bio like this, then yes it does sound like she's a Tuathan. But she doesn't have to be, if you're worried about the chance that she could be permanently killed.

As a milletian, she can still come in as a young child and her bio doesn't have to change that much. The only major difference is she'll have had some form of past life in a different world, and was killed.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Basically what Aura said. But as I said, I like to suggest people new to RPS just make Milletians. Taking realism into account, anything can kill your character. Then again, you seem mature enough to handle that sort of thing regardless. Anyway, I like that you're very interested and patient, so you have my approval.

Feel free to add any of us in game if you have questions, btw. My character's name IG is Jabberwock and I'm almost always on. xD Aura is the officer and her forum name is her IGN, so feel free to add her or anyone else who invites you to.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Fantastic~ I'll add some people once Nexon decides to stop glitch-banning me. =A=;

And I like the idea of moving around her story a bit to fit a Millietian setting. I need to play through her story a bit, she's only recently been developed.
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 am

MSN is also an option. Razz You can PM one or several of us if you need to talk to someone sooner and get our MSN addresses.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadirah Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 am

o3o Ooh, sure. That would help tons. I want to make sure I understand everything.
Nadirah
Nadirah
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:00 am

No problem. ^__^
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am

Mariella Kana wrote:

Exactly what i meant xD....

Also, i understand they can have childhoods, cause of my character Zain being 9 years old in Erinn right now as a milletian.....
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next