Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

+10
Mari Eir
Dellinger
Retributix
Kenelm
Evatin
Xeek
Glaceon
Mithos
Auramune
TWWolfe
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

To Claim a Land (A Broken Company) Empty To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe Sun May 01, 2011 2:32 am

Wolfe paced back and forth in his tent, the wait for his sub-commanders made all the more tense by the constant driving rain that beat down upon the cloth roof. When the rustle of the tent-flap announced their arrival, he ushered them over to a brazier beside a table, giving them each a serving of hot wine. When the two elves finally looked dry and ready, Wolfe asked them.

"well, what sort of land is there to found a kingdom here?"

White, the man spoke first

"as to your choice of Cenae for a kingdom, it would likely be the height of folly. The natives are very touchy about their ancient Irinid, and would probably show little favor to the formation of a nation right on top of their ruins. the hobgoblins would also not remain quiet long, and the large numbers of wild beasts would ensure a constant struggle to survive. And with the elves and the giants a stones throw away, what would emerge would be a kingdom balanced on the edge."

Wolfe slumped a little, slightly disappointed. He turned to the other elf, a woman Named Silver.

"And what of the second choice. I hope your inquiries have been more fruitful"

Silver rose up, and moved over to a large table in the center of the camp. Smoothing out a map of Maiz, she began to speak

"Maiz prairie, And more specifically the northern part of it, is in many ways more ideal as a kingdom than Cenae" She traced her finger from the sun mark In Kaypi Canyon to where then Lutra river emerged from the mountains.
"it still is relatively close to the Cor natives, should we wish to seek help from them, but not so close that we run afoul of their ruins. It also lacks the huge number of wild beasts that plague Cenae. it borders on a forest with ready timber for building, and the river would allow easy transport along one of our borders. the plains boast wild breeds of ostrich and horse, which can only improve our breeding stock. True, it is smaller than Cenae, but the Wolves are few enough as it is without stretching them."

Wolfe nodded along, and then chipped in

"and with the only bridge into Cor, this means that most of the explorers will have to pass through here. Making the region much like a second Quilla camp. It would be a completely neutral kingdom, of course. as it is, we haven't the force for more than police duties."

Wolfe turned to White and Silver. "well, send out the orders. plant flags along the border you proposed, and place a notice on the bulletins. see if we can get some workers up there to help with the building."

The two of them nodded, and left as the rain dissipated before a bright new sun. Wolfe decided to take that as an omen.

On the Bulletin boards:

Attention all peoples! as of this posting, the Kingdom of Northern Maiz has been proclaimed and founded. All peoples who so desire are welcome to join in this new kingdom, formed and held by the famed Wolves. It is a kingdom open to all, and a foe to none. a safe point in the wilderness! *below this is a map of Maiz with the western border where Silver had traced, And with Kaypi Canyon and the Lutra River and its southern and northern borders.
To Claim a Land (A Broken Company) Rano_l12
Buildings at Crossings: a wood palisade is almost finished
the first floor of the inn is done, The second floor is almost complete
the foundations for smaller buildings are being laid
A few trading stalls have been set up

Last edited by TWWolfe on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 8 times in total
TWWolfe
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

To Claim a Land (A Broken Company) Empty Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Auramune Sun May 01, 2011 3:04 am

Obsidian eyes stared at the board in sadness. The wild lands being conquered meant that even more people would flock there. Pushing her family further and further to the edge of the world. A low growl passed through Aura's lips and she took out her map. Tracing a line where this 'kingdom' would be placed, on her own map, before rolling it up and stuffing it back in to the bag. Iria was a paradise. She could go weeks without seeing anyone outside of her family. Fearing that these people would bring in more settlers; Aura purchased a few music scrolls. She had a few notes to send out.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Sun May 01, 2011 9:08 am

((Maiztan is going to go rampage.... Like a lot... Then die and come back three days later... and start again. x_x -doesn't feel like doing this, but Maiztan would-))
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun May 01, 2011 1:52 pm

((If you could take the map of Rano and mark where the map is marked, it would greatly help visualize, Wolfe.))

Upon going out to get ingredients, Fioria passed by the boards, finally seeing this sign. "A kingdom in Iria...I could have sworn Iria was supposed to be a big natural place. And the area here...is a treasure hunting spot for sure. Maybe I'll pay a visit. Not my fault if some Slates decide to show up in the camp because a treasure chest happens to be near." She gave a quick laugh to this and headed back towards the market, to gather up some supplies.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 02, 2011 7:05 am

(( I think if you are taking too much, if it's from the black mark to the river. Not even Emain is that big xD, the camp should be only a tad bigger than Qilla)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Evatin Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 am

((Don't know if I'm allowed to post here yet, but I agree with Xeek. However, saying they've claimed the entire area and actually doing so are different things. Not to mention, I bet they'll be ravaged by dragons a lot x3))

Evatin
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 02, 2011 7:19 am

Evatin wrote:((Don't know if I'm allowed to post here yet, but I agree with Xeek. However, saying they've claimed the entire area and actually doing so are different things. Not to mention, I bet they'll be ravaged by dragons a lot x3))

(( yeah, that's one issue with the size, if they claim all that, they'll get trampled by the praire dragon. Not just that, but they'll be destroying a lot of ancient land (the human mark) poor people won't be able to complete exploration quest.))
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Evatin Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 am

Xeek wrote:(( yeah, that's one issue with the size, if they claim all that, they'll get trampled by the praire dragon. Not just that, but they'll be destroying a lot of ancient land (the human mark) poor people won't be able to complete exploration quest.))

((I'm fairly certain that a lot of explorers would be down right angry at them.))

Evatin
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 am

[[I agree with the prairie dragon stomping the heck outta that area. The place it spawns is included in that town area.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

Xeek wrote:
Evatin wrote:((Don't know if I'm allowed to post here yet, but I agree with Xeek. However, saying they've claimed the entire area and actually doing so are different things. Not to mention, I bet they'll be ravaged by dragons a lot x3))

(( yeah, that's one issue with the size, if they claim all that, they'll get trampled by the praire dragon. Not just that, but they'll be destroying a lot of ancient land (the human mark) poor people won't be able to complete exploration quest.))

<<Aura's totally counting on that. She was going to find a way to talk the dragon in to helping destroy it for being up thar. =D Lol@Maiztan. Poor dude..>>
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon May 02, 2011 1:11 pm

((Exploration Quest, The Elf/Beast Medals from the mark, and that treasure chests DO spawn around those areas, and Slates DO appear occassionally with spawns, and exploration chests are the only ways to get Exploration Journal Pages 2 and 4.))
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 02, 2011 1:55 pm

(( Also, remember, IC wise, the area is expanded, the very small Qilla is a bit bigger, and it has a few extra houses and such. So the area you are asking for is bigger than Tara itself.))
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 pm

// The river is deep in a canyon, too.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Another note appears on the bulletins:

To the adventurers and explorers of Iria

In light of recent responses, we feel we must clear up a few misunderstandings about our Kingdoms policy towards the vast stores of ancient artifacts and historical monuments scattered throughout our lands.

We did not claim such a vast expanse of land in spite of all the treasures scattered about it. Rather, we claimed so much precisely because of that. Because anytime a new treasure is discovered, the land around it becomes completely unusable, due to the potential finds that might be destroyed by farming or building. And that is only for the minor finds. when combined with the major monuments, a conservative estimate has placed the land which shall be left alone at about one-third of the total kingdom.

For the major monuments, such as the human-shaped mark, the stone statues and pillars, and other such things, the thought of so much as touching them is farthest from our minds. these are the things you come here to see, that would bring you into our kingdom. to destroy such things would be nothing less than the ultimate folly.

So please, rest easy, for the ancient monuments you come to see and study shall remain there.

TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 pm

(( I still think it's too big....all that land, from the line to the river? From mountain to mountain. http://mabinoger.com/wiki/images/thumb/e/eb/Iria.png/785px-Iria.png compare Tara and all that space. ))
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Retributix Mon May 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Retri smiled coyly, looking at the notices tacked on the board.
"A Kingdom in an untamed land? Hehehe. Surely these folks could use a House of Knowledge, I'm sure?"
Retri carefully wrote a note in his best handwriting, addressed to no one in particular, only telling the owl to travel to this place.

Hello, residents of this new kingdom. I, Retributix, am a Seeker of Knowledge and a houser of the vessels which carry such. I am obliging you to allow me to take residence in this kingdom of yours, and open a Library/Book Store on the premises. I assure you that I bear no one any ill-will, nor do I plan to hold prejudice against any animal or person that is brought or held within such premises. All my findings will be public knowledge(Atleast public towards the other residents). Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.
~Retributix, 6th commander Librarian
Retributix
Retributix
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Fioria walks by again, a tad angered at the response she sees. She decides to post her own.

Upon reading your note, it seems to me like you are intending on using the Giant Human Mark and possibly the Maiz Dungeon itself as "tourist" spots to get people to visit your kingdom? I'm not quite sure if the ancient Irinid would approve of your actions, let alone the ghosts and slates that roam around Maiz Dungeon and near treasure chest hotspots. It may be in your better interest to stop construction now before you anger the ancient Irinid.

Also, I feel it helpful to note that you decided to park right ontop of a dragon nest. Have fun with the Prarie Dragon, give him my reguards.

-Fioria Tempest
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon May 02, 2011 10:46 pm

A piece of paper was left on the board.

This is a warning to the ones wanting to build on the wild lands of Iria. Do not build your 'kingdom' here, and return to Uladh or you will regret it.

It was left unsigned.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 am

Once again the tent echoed with a steady drumming, but this time it echoed with the rattling beat of hammers rather than the gentle thrum of rain. slowly, a circular palisade was being built alongside the bridge across the lutra. Having no wish to waste time drawing up a new plan just yet, Wolfe had simply taken the plans for Quilla and made them slightly larger. once the walls and the houses inside were up, they could begin charting just what sort of sites there were in the kingdom. until they were absolutely sure of the specific locations of ancient artifacts or monuments, not one stone would be laid atop another. There had been some complaining about that, but the complaints had been overriden by a feeling of determination and respect. What the old Wolfe had gotten through battle, he had gotten through giving them a homeland. That it was dangerous, untamed homeland did not seem to deter them in the least.

"well Silver, what sort of notes do we have so far?"

"Well, lets see," Silver remarked, holding up a handful of papers "first, A request by a Seeker of Knowledge to open a library/bookstore in our kingdom, along with a promise to make anything he does find public"

Wolfe perked up at that "wonderful" he said "the one thing we lack is a supply of trained scholars. Hmm..." He paused, thinking for a minute "Send him a note accepting his offer, and tell him he may have the patch of land right outside the town for his library. Whats next?"

"Well," Silver continued" we have something saying that by promoting tourism, we'll likely incur the displeasure of the ancient irinids, along with warnings of various monsters and a "here be dragons"

Wolfe smirked "I feel hurt. If we were advocating tourism, we'd post huge signs saying "this way to the human mark!" we're simply taking advantage of the fact that adventurers who come out here to look at them will not want to trek all the way back to Quilla, and if they happen to pay for a nights lodging here well, so much the better. As to the Dragons, they're Prairie Dragons. Dangerous to the unprepared and to small groups, yes, but no-where near as dangerous as the desert dragons that used to frequent Muyu. And i would think even a dragon would be leery of attacking a group our size. if one is spotted, kill a few animals, drag them to the border, and see if that distracts it. if not, we'll take other measures. whats the next one?"

"Oh, one of the "Stop building and return to Uladh or you'll be sorry" type notes."

Wolfe rubbed his temples "not exactly much for compromise, eh? And I bet its unsigned, so we can't exactly go and ask just why they're so keen on us leaving. though i suppose that comes with the territory. Is that all?"

Silver nodded, and Wolfe waved her out. and all the while, the rattling of hammers continued.

Last edited by TWWolfe on Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue May 03, 2011 12:50 am

<<It wasn't GOING to be unsigned.. The next one defiantly won't be xD. Whenever building progresses could you update please? And what's being built, ect...?>>
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 am

((added the location of the town on the map: I'll put what buildings there are and how complete they are under the map))
TWWolfe
TWWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue May 03, 2011 7:50 am

The BonFire Man:
Looking at the post, the man grinned, "a kingdom? My wife would be very pleased to watch it burned...I wonder if I can blame god for another plague" He chuckles. "Blood water....ha.. But what will I do about the locus swarm. You know.. I bet there is some very good enthrallers out there that can help me drag some giantflies." He took out a pencil and paper, he wrote "Meet me in Qilla" he sent the letter of to Aura.
"Now... Irinid needs to give them a warning."

Dear Kingdom of the Northen Prairi,

I, Irinid, will give you as a warning. You are building on my ancient land, if you continue with this, with the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Lutra, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Lutra will die, and the river will stink; your people will not be able to drink its water.

You have been warned. -Irinid

This was sent to the one in charge. It was sealed in the evelope. The envelope was sealed with candle wax, inprinted in the black wax, was the devcat symbol.

The Tree Hugger:
Another letter was sent to Wolfe, this handwriting in this one was different.
Let it burn let it burn, let the whole world burn to the ground, in the pain, in the suffering, in the ashes, the world will be reborn.

Consider yourself burned. You will not build over this beautiful land.

-Black Cat
Unlike the last letter this one was stamped with a black devcat next to the signature.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 am

<<Lol@BonFire Man. The name cracked me up.>>
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Evatin Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 pm

She didn't have a real purpose in this new world, so maybe it was faith that brought her to the billboard. There was a notice for the public of a settling of an area. It was in a continent she had never heard of, but it seemed to be isolated. That was just what she needed. A place far from the cities of this land. Eva didn't want to become accustomed to this world; she wanted to leave it. Maybe staying away from the main population would help her achieve that. It also helped that if her friends had come to this world as well, they would all defiantly want to help in a project like this. She borrowed a note and pen from Duncan and wrote down her reply.

"I'm new to this world, but I'd love to help. I'm just a little girl, so at most I'd only be able to help put benches and tents together. Please don't deny me this chance to grow!

-Eva"

Evatin
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

A man enters the qilla base camp in what has been deemed his normal wear. Bright white hair covered in sand indicates where he's been, and the dust accumulating on his nice Selina Half Jacket Coat attests to his hairs assertion of his prior activities. He brushes some of the dust from his hair while reading the bulletin board, gives it a puzzling look, then turns to leave.

Later that night, an individual in the garb of a bandit of the Corenites enters the camp, posts something quickly on the bulletin board, and then leaves.

Please deliver this note to the one they call Wolfe,

I believe we have had this talk before, but I feel I must remind you of our presence in Irinid. Your efforts in the war against Fenrir Eir are not forgotten, as I remember the efforts you put forth to protect the city of Emain Macha, but now you are moving into the territory of the people of Irinid and claiming a kingdom. Those under me and the reports I have read so far from others do seem to think that this isn't the best choice.

Myself? I am not sure what you are doing away from the city you so swore to defend; it was being rebuilt, and you never returned. I am not sure what the necessity of this new Empire is to your cause. I am most concerned that I have no idea what your reasoning is for this, but be warned: If this turns out to be some facade of an Empire that leads to some new sort of corruption, you will need to deal with us.

This was a reminder of our earlier warning during the war, Wolves. We shall always be watching.

Yours most sincerely,
The Dunewyrm of the Corenites
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next