Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Character - Legerid

+6
Mari Eir
Jtipton
Xeek
Kenelm
Kayeori
Legerid
10 posters

Go down

New Character - Legerid Empty New Character - Legerid

Post  Legerid Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Character Name: Legerid Dreadclaw "The Moon guardian"
How You Heard About The RP Society: I've seen the RPsociety a few times, as well as seeing some RPs on my alt. With the new giants I decided to make him into an RP character.
How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? I've been roleplaying for several years whether its forums or on games like mabi, so about 5 years
Is English Your First Language? Yes
A Short Biography Of Your Character: Legerid Dreadclaw, Mercenary for hire, or at least he was before he got stuck with a Strange job. With the increase in formors and the war between the races still raging Legerid was doing well. One night after a small raid on a formor encampment Legerid retired to the inn as usual. Legerid found himself standing in a desolate area, nothing but bright white as far as the eye can see. A powerful appeared before him, looking down at him despite Legerid's height. "LEGERID DREADCLAW" The voice boomed, "I have watched you in your travels and you have proven to be a strong fighter and reliable guard." Legerid Looked around the strange place, then up at the Man "What the hell is going on?" he said reaching for his sword before realizing he was in not but his underwear. A girl was suddenly by the Man, seemingly human and about 20 years of age. "This is my daughter, A moon goddess, yet she remains untrained. As with every god she must descend to Errin's lands and train her powers. I am leaving you in charge of watching over her, protect her and ensure she does not abuse the powers she has been given...." Legerid began to open his mouth but before he could speak he was plunged into a cold darkness. Legerid awoke in the in, the sun rising over the hills and the birds singing their morning song. He stood up and shook his head "what a crazy dream" he said as his eyes passed over the room. Sitting in the corner was an orange haired girl, the same one from the dream. She looked up at him and said "...so....looks like we will be together for a while...."
What type of character do you play? Legerid is a stalwart and trustworthy defender, although he is often annoyed by his most recent "client"
What is your Mabinogi schedule? I get on almost every day at about 6:00 Moutain time. I am usually on more on the weekends.

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

New Character - Legerid Empty Re: New Character - Legerid

Post  Kayeori Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 pm

First of all I do enjoy the story itself, but there are a few questions I have. I'm guessing your character is Erinn born and not a soul-streamer? About the god in training character. Is she just an npc or another character you have? Or perhaps maybe you have another means not mentioned. If you could please respond back we would greatly appreciate it. Very Happy
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

New Character - Legerid Empty Answers

Post  Legerid Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Firstly Yes Legerid is an Errin born, when I make the full RPC I'll put in more of his past history. Second My friend Elphie who just joined as well is going to be the goddess in training, she was suppose to post shortly after I did however I think she had to get off in the middle of making the registration post.

Last edited by Legerid on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Alright. Now about your friends character. I'm just curious how it will be played if you are able to answer. Will she just be like any other character for the most part? The reason I'm asking is the whole god thing is quite an angle to swing. But the way I'm hearing this it shouldn't be a problem, but it's better to get these things out in the open early so issues don't come up later.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Legerid Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Well pretty much she is a normal character. Since she' is a "Goddess in training" and essentially a demigod she has very limited powers. Legerid is also there to prevent her from Misusing the powers she has which further caps things.

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Well regardless of that character I can approve of your character. It sounds to me like we won't have much problem approving your friend's character. But we'll cross that road when we come to it. Smile

New Character - Legerid Stamp_21
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 am

Here is approval two of three.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 pm

I have a small problem with this, mainly because , there is no Erinn-moon God(as far as I know). And we just had another issue with another "God" character. And even if she is a goddess-in-training, it means she has "God" potential. And who is she the daughter off?

In order for this this to happen, a lot of laws of Erinn will be broken, not to mention, a lot of paradoxes.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 pm

I think this'll make me sound like an atrocious nerd, but the description reminds me a lot of the Princess Maker games. If that's what this is inspired by, I doubt there's much to worry about.

...Just...My two cents. And in my defense, you'd be surprised what you'll wind up looking at on TVTropes at two in the morning. Laughing

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Legerid Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:36 pm

To Xeek: Yes, well in regards to the "Moon god" problem, since she has to be sent through the soulstream (said in her bio) Couldn't it be a trans-world travel, like alot of Millenian's, to prevent the parodox and such?
Another solution would be adding the presence of a moon god since its unknown whether one exists or not, taking the role of a minor god with no large role or massive powers. In turn his daughter's powers would also be limited, so even if she attained a "god" status (which is highly unlikely) its not like she would be capable of powers much past what I've seen already.

To J: actually it was inspired by the fact that I like making my status message cool, and since I was making a defender char I finally came up with "Eweca's Guardian" which, in a long tangent, lead to the backstory.

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Erinn has Moon Bunnies, which is Asian mythology. Whose to say it doesn't have a moon god? >.> My point is, there's nothing DISPROVING it, so what's the issue if it's just a powerless background NPC? And sticking to the traditional mythology has eluded the game to begin with given the presence of the aforementioned moon bunnies.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Actually the moons are named after the gods, or in this case, Goddesses.

Begin Saturday afternoon Rant

A little mythology 101, Nymphs et al were all children of the Gods, even the Hero Perseus was a son of Zeus and got by on family favors.
So technically they are all gods, even the Dragons.
So everybody PLEASE don't get your diapers in a knot if you see something with the letters GOD in it.

Read the actual text instead of jumping to conclusions.
Constructive criticism is the only type expected here.

End Saturday afternoon Rant
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Captincrunch wrote:Actually the moons are named after the gods, or in this case, Goddesses.

A little mythology 101, Nymphs et al were all children of the Gods, even the Hero Perseus was a son of Zeus and got by on family favors.
So everybody PLEASE don't get your diapers in a knot if you see something with the letters GOD in it.

*Looks Cap's explanation over* Good enough for me!
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Captincrunch wrote:Actually the moons are named after the gods, or in this case, Goddesses.

If you want to go into mythology, Capt, you can also call into play Celtic myths. Tuatha De Danann in the myths -are- gods. Are we then to believe that Ferghus is a God? Are all non-Milletians gods? You, yourself, have shown that there have been alterations to the original myths. Glas is an excellent example of a change.

Additionally, all playable characters have the ability to have god-like abilities via demi-God. There is still a line here which is quite dangerous to cross.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Legerid Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Noting Galin's last point, if it helps anyone, Elphie HAS obtained demi-god in game...Though I doubt that will affect anyone's point of view on the matter.

Moreso I talked to elphie, her character is going to be more of a comedy relief who is kinda useless. So power won't be much of a problem

Last edited by Legerid on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional note)

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Legerid wrote:Noting Galin's last point, if it helps anyone, Elphie HAS obtained demi-god in game...Though I doubt that will affect anyone's point of view on the matter.

Moreso I talked to elphie, her character is going to be more of a comedy relief who is kinda useless. So power won't be much of a problem

For me, is not really about the power. (I also have a character that should be a god from another world. He is a bit of a push over. But, even if he isn't a god in Erinn, I thought the idea was crossing to many lines. ) Is the fact that Mabinogi didn't include another god. Who is the mother? Who is the father? You would have to be making two more gods.

Also, unless you are talking about the lame moon (not Eweca). If she is the moon god, she controls mana.
And if you are talking about the lame moon, she controls the ocean or some type of water Razz
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Xeek wrote:If she is the moon god, she controls mana.
That is Lymilark's job, Xeeeeek. :c
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Dalvar wrote:
Xeek wrote:If she is the moon god, she controls mana.
That is Lymilark's job, Xeeeeek. :c

I know, he must be linked to Eweca somehow.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Legerid Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Alright, time to get to work.

Firstly, do you know about legends and myths....gods LOVE knocking up humans. (and for once the god might have taken up the child instead of leaving it with the human) Or there could be another random god that has little role as well. It could even be that the god of eweca and the god of the lame moon decided to get it on.
Second, Just because someone is the daughter of a god doesn't mean she automatically gets every single power of her father, look at Norse mythology.
As for "who is the father" its some random dude who's name is never mentioned and has little role and power...hell we could prolly say he was lit on fire and kicked to death by demonic moon bunnies cuz he dosen't matter much past giving Legerid his job and forcing his daughter to go to Errin.

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Still doesn't say who the mom/dad is..And that would be NPCing a god character....And, well honestly, I don't want to keep wasting my time on this, no offense to you and such. I just think Capt. and/or Dalvar would give you the final approval. And approve of the god thing.
Honest, I am less of a jerk that I've been here. My apologies.

Just be aware of the consequences of being a god.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Legerid Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:14 am

Well Like I said, in the descriptions they refer to the god as The man or Her father. I'm just saying that the NPC god character dosen't really have much of an effect or purpose, so I don't see the point in making a big deal about him. Also, what is a god without their powers? a mortal. So a goddess who is pretty much useless with very little power is just another RPSociety member.

Legerid
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 am

Legerid wrote:Well Like I said, in the descriptions they refer to the god as The man or Her father. I'm just saying that the NPC god character dosen't really have much of an effect or purpose, so I don't see the point in making a big deal about him. Also, what is a god without their powers? a mortal. So a goddess who is pretty much useless with very little power is just another RPSociety member.

It matters to the next person who also wants to be a moon-god. And the person who wants to be the god of Palala( the sun)

Just bug Dalvar for the final approval.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm going to trust that the goddess thing is just a part of the backstory and not really the character's true standing in power. I do look forward to reading her backstory when she does post it up.

So I approve of this for now. Look ahead for the mentorship program once Capt finalizes the applications. Hope you will enjoy your stay.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Moving this to the approved section - welcome aboard - Don't step in the Xeek and be prepared to hunt down your mentors to show them what you have got.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down