Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Naoni

5 posters

Go down

New Member - Naoni Empty New Member - Naoni

Post  Jinnhin Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Composed by Jinnhin
Dictated by Naoni

Character Name: Naoni, the Warrior of the White Rose.

How You Heard About The RP Society: I have just seen your guild members around in Mabi.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?: I am new to role-playing.

Is English Your First Language?: Yes.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: The story started in Bangor where she struggled day and night to make a living by making ingots and selling them while gaining experience in the Barri Dungeon. She soon gained enough experience to go traveling around Emain Macha and met a beggar who promised a blessing. After becoming a Paladin, she swore to protect and honor the family she was blessed with.

What type of character do you play?: A Righteous Knight of Honor.

What is your Mabinogi schedule?: Weekly if not daily. Mainly Sunday through Wednesday.

Note: Naoni's selected character is in her boyfriend's guild. So her mule character (alstra01) will suffice.
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

New Member - Naoni Empty Re: New Member - Naoni

Post  Dalvar Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 pm

I do not approve.
If she wants to join this guild she will make an account.
She will also write and post her own bio.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 am

Unless she can come up with a really good excuse why she can go on mabi, but can't go on a website.
She needs to make her own account.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinnhin Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:46 am

Dalvar and Xeek. She has already made one; plus she attempted before to make an application. I was with her at our guild stone when she attempted and followed my instructions on how to get started in this website. There is nothing that I'm aware of that REQUIRED the new member to make his or her application on his or her own, besides me being me a helpful person to inexperienced people who are respectful.

I was taught by Jakelvin that some inexperienced role players may give up when their hard work was in vain, and there ARE those who would blindly rubbed salt into the wound, instead of meeting that person before making a more informed judgment. It is a slow process, but interviewing someone in person would make a big difference than judging on texts set loosely into the basics. Jakelvin and I mainly don't like how the application be the only way to judge a role-player instead of making an application and being interviewed.

The question from Jakelvin is, "Are you quick to judge based on a simple post and being cold about it without looking into things first? Or are you willing to get to know that applicant and make a more meaningful judgment instead of an empty lash out?"
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am

Jinn, no, we're not lashing out at her. Now, you will please listen here.

You and Jake say we need to look into things before we judge. Here is what you have given us: You have given us a post by you, not of the member attempting to join, and we can't be sure who's words are really on display here. The registration process allows us to weigh the individual and figure out what may need to be looked at during the mentoring process, while also figuring out if the person needs to redefine and/or tweak their character build a bit to make their character 'work.' If someone else does -all- of this, tell me how we're going to "get to know the applicant," when as far as I'm concerned you've written the entire application.

I will ask that the player makes their own account (as it is not hard) and writes their own, original version of what you have written, for the reasons that you have stated we should consider her. I will not say I know a person when the words are coming from your console, not theirs. I don't know them, the reason they register.

I will -not- say I will not give approval at all only because the player shouldn't suffer because of this. However, I will meet with the player to rate her myself. My rating will be done in a one on one, and I expect it to be kept that way. I'm sending off a message as we speak.

::EDIT::

And if she's using an alt that already has a name (Alstra), I would think a bio should be made on the displayed 'mule's' name, especially if that is the character that will actually be played. It makes more sense, and then a possible alt for Naoni could be made.

As well, step number 1 in registering for the guild:

Nowaki wrote:First Step - Create an account here using your characters name - saves on confusion latter

I believe that is my final point.

Last edited by Dellinger on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : minor grammar, the edit)
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 am

I get to know an applicant by reading their-
Yeah, what Dell said.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Moving this thread until a proper application has been created.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down