Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bio Filter - all those comments >_<

+16
Dellinger
Eranor
Zwei Freeheart
Kayeori
Omnisagi
Kenelm
Captincrunch
Temo
Clari
The Kerrins
Jinnhin
Jtipton
Veleth
Thomas22
Merokin
caliandra2? o.O
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bio Filter - all those comments >_< Empty Bio Filter - all those comments >_<

Post  caliandra2? o.O Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Sorry.. had to make a few changes to my profile.. hope yall like it.

Last edited by Captincrunch on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stickied so it doesn't get lost)

caliandra2? o.O
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Bio Filter - all those comments >_< Empty Re: Bio Filter - all those comments >_<

Post  The Kerrins Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 am

I forgot to point this out, but Rebecca not only stands in her original body, but also lacks any relations with Nao. Therefore, she holds the traits of a native to Erinn (ages at their rate, does not infinitely return from the dead, etc.)
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Bio Filter - all those comments >_< Empty Re: Bio Filter - all those comments >_<

Post  The Kerrins Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:22 am

Short note, first.

That image looks really good. I did a few searches on it, and found nothing. Did you do it or something?
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 am

Wall of text again...Mind summing up for me?
Thomas22
Thomas22
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Merokin Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 am

The Kerrins wrote:Short note, first.

That image looks really good. I did a few searches on it, and found nothing. Did you do it or something?

My image? Rofl, I wish. I probably could draw something like that if I worked for endless hours, but coloring is not my forte. :3 I found it on Photobucket~
Merokin
Merokin
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Aw yes...bucket o photos!
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 am

Thomas, it's a pity you won't read it...I referred to you somewhere inside
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:31 am

Sorry, but I just don't have time to sit down and read a novel right now.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:22 pm

[sarcasm]
If you are going to by lazy about it we can always ask a wikipedian to make a Coles-Notes version for you.
Unfortunately there is no guarantee to the accuracy of the shortened version.
Here is a first try on minimizing the story =>> 35 purple <<= Too short maybe?
[/sarcasm]

Its a well thought out short story.
Please don't insult the time and effort of the author.

If you can't be bothered reading the whole thing in detail then just skim the text and you should be able to get the gist of the story, if not the detail and heart and soul of it.
Don't be afraid, they are only words. A lot of words mind you, but still only words.
Either that or just Role play with the character and not bother with the history.
You can always ask questions in character and face to face.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:31 am

Well thought out?

I am glad to hear the opinion
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 am

I'm not insulting her...it's just school and all.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 am

Still sounds rude, thought the lack of tone in the medium doesn't help.

For what it's worth...I liked it. (Need to make a full-fledged Bio for my characters onthis, as well...I blame laziness. xP)

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Yeah - the medium does tend to leave things open to the worst interpretation of whats meant to be said.

Unfortunately the shorter the post the more likely it is to be interpreted the wrong way.

I encourage everyone to give it a shot, so to say, on writing something a bit more substantial.

Thomas I kind of know where you re coming from but not all writing / reading has to be work.
It can be fun as well but you have to want to enjoy it first.

[ I'll have to update my Bio as well just to let those who don't see Cap "awake" all that often what has been happening, if anything]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Merokin Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I lost all ability to write really long bios after too many Ka-Boom'd RPGs. Nowadays I got for the short and sweet. :3 If I want to expand on my character, I'll write a oneshot.
Merokin
Merokin
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 am

Mero, you should give some of the "Living" systems a try then.
Some do have online game sessions but most are "live" with options for both home and club play.
Their track record has been from a few years to a decade or more of a continuous campaign.

I'm still involved with Witch Hunter and White Star but have played Star Wars, Death, Rokugan, Rifts, Greyhawk and the grandfather of them all Living City (RIP).

If there were more gamers in my area I would not be online as much with Mabi Laughing
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 pm

So why the change in Bio styles?
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:22 am

I think it's a new trend or something...
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Bio Filter - all those comments >_< Empty Response to The Kerrins.

Post  Jinnhin Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 am

The Kerrins wrote:So why the change in Bio styles?

Neutral I do not know, Kerrins. I did not see any structural recommendations of making a short character biography, so I created the biography in a way that I felt comfortable with. I assumed that my biography style appealed to some people while they read our characters' biographies.
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnisagi Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 am

The Kerrins wrote:Thomas, it's a pity you won't read it...I referred to you somewhere inside

You did? I musta missed it, well I mean I am reading this at 3 in the morning...well anyway nice job, although sad story... Sad but I have to say VERY well writen you should make a book about it! I'd read it. study
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 am

I hardly have time for myself besides after school, and I spend most of that time on mabi.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnisagi Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 am

Thomas22 wrote:I hardly have time for myself besides after school, and I spend most of that time on mabi.

What don't have time to read a paragraph or two? Wink
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Bio Filter - all those comments >_< Empty Decent Excuse

Post  Jinnhin Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Omnisagi,

Some of us are in free time, but don't assumed all have the time of grace that some of us have. You may have free times, but some of us (or most of us) are indeed in college and have to balance out our education, real life social time (including family), work time, game time, and leisure time. So for future reference, it is not really appropriate to annoy people into reading your character's biography, just have patience and let them go on their own pace to get themselves straightened up before reading your bio in their leisure time.

~~Jinnhin Jalene.

Last edited by Jinnhin on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : noticed something missing between "So" and "it" | Noticed I used the wrong word in the Subject title. o.e")
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnisagi Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Jinnhin wrote:Omnisagi,

Some of us are in free time, but don't assumed all have the time of grace that some of us have. You may have free times, but some of us (or most of us) are indeed in college and have to balance out our education, real life social time (including family), work time, game time, and leisure time. So for future reference, it is not really appropriate to annoy people into reading your character's biography, just have patience and let them go on their own pace to get themselves straightened up before reading your bio in their leisure time.

~~Jinnhin Jalene.

I understand what you mean but I didn't mean it that way... Rolling Eyes
Maybe I should have put "(sarcasm)" before I wrote anything, and honnestly I ment nothing towards mine, more towards The Kerrins' mostly because there was alot of time put into it. I was trying to be funny by saying a "a few paragraphs", hence the " Wink " afterwards. Once again not trying to be mean, it wasn't at anyone's exspence eather. I understand why everyone is busy because I too am, most if not all of my freetime is spent on Mabinogi RPing the rest is with my dogs. It was probably mostly my fault for no speicify what I ment, but bare in mind you should maybe try looking at things in the best possible way before the worst possible way. I respect the fact that you all have barely any time on your hands.
~Do onto others as you would want done onto you- its a nice quote don't cha' think? Razz

==-Omni Sagi
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinnhin Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Alright, I'm just misunderstood or what you said sent the wrong message to me. I had experienced some of my "friends" usually used related sentence patterns to guilt tripped me into doing something wrong like going to parties when I'm supposed to do my homework or so. It is alright to mark it as sarcasm or something like that so I won't get the wrong ideas again. ^^ Again, sorry about the bad response.
Jinnhin
Jinnhin
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm

[Most post to page 6.]

Last edited by Gatemo on Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 10 times in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum