Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

101 Hints and Tips

2 posters

Go down

101 Hints and Tips Empty 101 Hints and Tips

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:31 pm

OK - bored out of my skull at the moment so decided to post some useful hints and tips in no particular order here.
Hopefully someone will find these useful. My own comments and observations added in italic.

Hidden Shops
Original guide was written by Fairytale in Korean.
Original link. http://www.mabinogi.pe.kr/bbs/zboard...sc=asc&no=4430

Each NPC has two gauges towards you.
One is "favour" and the other is "Irritated".
Strangely it is possible to have both gauges at high.

This example is for Stewart.

1. Prepare 10-20 gifts that work best for the NPC. Stewart likes bread. There are actual target numbers of gifts listed elsewhere

2. "Chat about personal stuff" a lot. 50 times should do. Now the "favour" gauge will be higher than ever needed. This is spamming the first two talk about topics self, and rumours. Not sure if it is such a good idea

3. Give 1 gold to Stuart 4 times. (This reduces the "irritated" gauge) I didn't know this. It seems to help, cant hurt and is cheap. I like cheap.

4. Now the most important step follows. Wait 2 hours in Erinn time. (Which is about 3 minutes in real world time)

5. Repeat [Give a bread 2 times then chat about personal stuff once] 5 times.

6. Wait 2 hours in Erinn time. (Which is about 3 minutes in real world time)

7. Repeat [Give a bread 2 times then chat about personal stuff once] 4 times.

8. Wait 2 hours in Erinn time. (Which is about 3 minutes in real world time)

★ You can open the shop while waiting.
Opening shop does not affect any of gauges.
Sometimes you can open the secret shop at this step.

9. Chat about personal stuff and see if he likes you very much. If not, repeat from 8.

10. Wait 40 minutes in Erinn time. (Which is about 1 minute in real world time)

11. Give a bread 3-4 times.

12. Check if the secret shop is open. If not, repeat after 1-2 hours in Erinn time.

My own technique is more straightforward and does not require as much clock watching but does require that you prep enough gifts ahead of time.
Gift then talk asking about them and then rumours then patiently wait at least 30 seconds before repeating, preferably a whole minute.
You may note that as they get to like you more, the greeting and the subject of their answers changes, well for most.

Like giving 1 gold few times immediately reduces the "Irritated" gauge, taking a part time job temporarily suppresses the "Irritated" gauge until you report.
This also is something I had not realized but helps if you can do the part time easily, I recommend to do this for the last half dozen expected gifting

After reporting, the "favour" gauge increases a little permanently and the "irritated" gauge goes back and remains same as before.

I recommend that everyone at least tries the part time job from each and everyone who has a secret shop available and complete it successfully at least once. At least you will have added a bit to the like gauge before you start.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

101 Hints and Tips Empty Re: 101 Hints and Tips

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Potion Training for Adventurers to rank A
Written by Architect of the Realblack Guild

At some point, we will get "Spike" enchant which is known to be the best suffix for weapons. A mater of opinion but who will argue the point
This enchant requires Rank 9 Herbalism and Rank A potion making to get the full bonus.
Unless pursuing life skills, ordinary players usually rank up Potion Making to Rank A then stop.
This is mainly because Potion Making requires so many mouse clicks to make just 1 potion and you have to repeat it so many times. Right Faye?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Unless you get 99% success rate, even with a base potion, always make potions without a base potion.

* When you make potions for use and not skill training, the only potion that makes sense to produce in quantity is Mana 100 potions. Also Stamina 50 for intensive combat skills
To mass produce Mana 100 potions, get the success rate to 99%, enter the Rabbie arena, transfrom into a Paladin and produce a batch of 10 each time.
You get 99% success rate on Monday if your potion making rank is 9.
You get 99% success rate any day when your potion making rank is 6.

* Life/Stamina potion gives very little skill training points.
The material costs may be higher than the final product value.
Avoid producing Life/Stamina potions. Except for training when required
Sell Sun herbs to people who do enchant-burning and buy other materials with the gold.
If trading is too much hassle for you, you can just bite the loss and produce Life/Stamina 100 potions.
Or be nice to your local / guild Enchanters and gift them.

* If you want to rank up Herbalism at the same time, you might want to buy a herb pet.
If you just want to rank up Potion Making to A, you can do so without buying a herb pet.
Potion Making training gets a whole lot easier when you just buy the material and train. You just need the cash

* You can fill both training requirement for "producing life potion" and "producing stamina potion" by producing Life+Stamina potion with Mandrake.
This will save some money in the earlier ranks.

This Skill is only 1AP per rank - Total is 6AP to Rank A

Novice rank to Rank F
Produce 1 life potion

Rank F to Rank E
Drink life potion - fill 20%
Drink stamina potion - fill 20%
Produce stamina potion - fill 50%
Produce life potion - fill remaining till you can rank up.
(Producing Mana potion gives higher training points but has lower success rate and higher material cost. It is not recommended)
On the drink potion bit - if you tend to go through a lot anyways then doing so will reduce the production requirement a little bit

Rank E to Rank D
Drink life potion - fill 20%
Drink stamina potion - fill 20%
Produce stamina potion - fill 30%
Produce life potion - fill 30%
(Producing Mana potion gives higher training points but has lower success rate and higher material cost. It is not recommended)

Rank D to Rank C
Produce potion with gold herb - fill 60% (You also get skill training point for "producing potion with mana herb" and "producing potion with bloody herb")
Produce life+mana potion - fill remaining till you can rank up.
Produce stamina potion - (You can train this if you like but it is not recommended)

Rank C to Rank B
Produce potion with gold herb - fill 60% (You also get 8 skill training point for "producing potion with mana herb" and "producing potion with bloody herb")
Produce life+mana potion - fill remaining till you can rank up. (You will have to produce about 260-270 to rank up)
Produce stamina potion - (You can train this if you like but it is not recommended)

Rank B to Rank A
Drink wound recovery potion - fill 20%
Produce potion with gold herb - fill 60% (You also get 8 skill training point for "producing potion with mana herb" and "producing potion with bloody herb")
Produce life+mana potion - fill remaining till you can rank up. (You will have to produce about 110 to rank up)
* Much easier than Rank C to Rank B since you can fill 20% by drinking wound recovery potion. and those are free drops in the Filia ruins.

Assuming 100% success rate, you would need
Yeah - like that will ever happen

F->E: Sun herb 100, Bloody herb 25, base herb 125
E->D: Sun herb 100, Bloody herb 100, base herb 200
D->C: Gold herb 150, Mana herb 300, Bloody herb 300, base herb 300
C->B: Gold herb 200, Mana herb 470, Bloody herb 470, base herb 470
B->A: Gold herb 200, Mana herb 310, Bloody herb 310, base herb 310

Totaling,
Gold herb 550 785, Mana herb 1080 1550, Bloody herb 1205 1725, Sun herb 200 285, Base herb 1405 2010.
Numbers corrected for MabiNAs horribly broken randomizer function in red
After slight adjustment based on the actual success rate, you will be able to calculate roughly how much gold you will have to spend to get the potion making Rank A.
or space needed to hoard everything ahead of time
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Spider Factory
Based on the postings of Architect of the Realblack Guild

Here is a very tedious version of how to make a spider factory.

White spiders are 1+2:1 aggro mobs. Or shall I say 0+2:1 mobs since White Spiders do not attack you first?
Once you get close, 2 of them will follow you.
If you disappear out of their sight (run away, dead, logged out) they try to get back to their place.
As you already know mobs do not have the intelligence to walk around objects.

You can make spider factories in either Tir graveyard or outside of Emain.
I would like to recommend you to make one in Emain since there might be newbie or Noob Player killing white spiders in Tir graveyard.

Simply get close to the white spiders.
Let 2 of them follow.
Walk to the other side of the fence and then change channel.
2 spiders will get trapped there.
In the new channel, walk to the spiders and change channel again to the one that you are making the spider factory. And repeat.

Once you have enough number of spiders trapped by the fence, wield a bow without arrows so that you do not accidentally attack spiders. Heh - my favourite technique
Hold down your computer's ALT key then start clicking.

Tir graveyard has 'T' shaped walls.
Trap spiders from AREA B into TRAP A and vice versa.

...........*
...........*
..TRAP.* TRAP
.......A..* B

AREA A... AREA B

Emain fence is just a slightly curved fence with some holes here and there.

* Warning - Unless you really want to collect webs for an extended period, making a spider factory may not be practical since it will take a while.

* Elves can do the same without logging out.
They can simply "Hide" to stop the aggro and run to other spiders and get out of "Hide" to attract more spiders.
Yay for sneaky Elves - Have to get a dedicated elf to collect and spin for all its worth

* Similar tactics can be used for making a Wool factory, using the fact that sheep run away from a Wolf pet. This is not as easy though
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Faye Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Captincrunch wrote:Potion Training for Adventurers to rank A
Written by Architect of the Realblack Guild

At some point, we will get "Spike" enchant which is known to be the best suffix for weapons. A mater of opinion but who will argue the point
This enchant requires Rank 9 Herbalism and Rank A potion making to get the full bonus.
Unless pursuing life skills, ordinary players usually rank up Potion Making to Rank A then stop.
This is mainly because Potion Making requires so many mouse clicks to make just 1 potion and you have to repeat it so many times. Right Faye?

Ya, usually ppl just rank it up to A to activate the ES but I don't like to enchant this for sure. Reason is the ES is SUPER hard to enchant and money consuming (assuming you farm the ES and just buy the sword...225k per BS gladius?!) and every time it fails, the sword will be gone because both are R5 ES.

Why is it hard to enchant?
1) you need to enchant stamp on it first because it's a bridge to higher rank ES regardless of rank
2) then after you pre enchant it, you can now put this spike ES on

Summary: Stamp > Spike - both Rank 5 ES

w/ normal powder, that give you 33% * 33% = ?!?! (painful to calculate the success)
w/ everything to max (including Thursday boost), it will be 36% * 36% = don't see how it will affect it

I just make tonnes of foxes instead of going for this money challenge and put a fire in my bank Twisted Evil

Incubus ES is pretty good (I think it give similar stats) too but it's restricted to title where spike doesn't.

Faye
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Faye Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Captincrunch wrote:Spider Factory

Once you have enough number of spiders trapped by the fence, wield a bow without arrows so that you do not accidentally attack spiders. Heh - my favourite technique
Hold down your computer's ALT key then start clicking.

Even I stand in front of the noob, the players still kill the spider as though they never seen one before. Just ask Seni.

There is more than 1 way of "not killing" the spider:
1) use a bow (being demo by Cap)
2) use a phoneix feather while picking (ctrl J then pick)
3) activate heal skill - if i remember it right, but I prefer the feather one

Happy hunting.

Faye
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Faye Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Captincrunch wrote:

Potion Making training gets a whole lot easier when you just buy the material and train. You just need the cash

Totally disagree. I got the money but there is not enough supply in market for me to absorb weekly.
No supply in Mandarke (only see it once in a while). Violet/ Poison herby (seldom see it in market too or ppl overpriced it too much). Golden (not enough for me).

For ppl that is training WM, it's time to stock up yellow herby (tonnes in market atm) and turn them to pot. I love drinking the 50 stam pot Very Happy and ask the lower rank ppl to make me those. For those that is training the skill, try to limit it to the smallest size one for it has a higher chance of success. Happy clicking.

Faye
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down