Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP)

4 posters

Go down

Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP) Empty Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP)

Post  Temo Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Separated from Temo's post on request, back to work later.

Fenrir

IC Item: Gleipnir
Item Class: Magical/Unique
OOC Item: Highlander Claymore
Description: A claymore with the last fragment of the twilight shards from the past war embedded in the hilt that is safeguarded by Temo. The sword serves as the final resting place of Fenrir Eir - his "worser" half, as well as an anchor to keep him within Erinn until destroyed (0/0 durability on sword). While he would be considered just another Ego, he's different in the sense that he requires no items to grow, yet is still unable to take a form outside the blade - the stone/shard housing his soul lacks the ability to do so; but on the other hand, it's granted its own special abilities to prevent the sword from being misused by those not meant to wield it.
Effects:
Notes: Working on building this up to a special-upgrade weapon. Going slowly, but it'll happen. Til then, just imagine it's got a fancy little glow to it when drawn. Given this is aftermath of an FEC plot, I'm unsure whether it's something that should actually qualify as part of one or not, along with the following skills. So far it's been fine with the guild before and after the power revisions; but I don't want to be a hypocrite about breaking rules in place.
Level: 1

IC Skill Name: Cursed Blade
Power Class: Magical/Sensory/Unique
OOC Representation: R1 Smash with Gleipnir per turn (This will likely change to mage skills once I have those properly ranked and can decide on which exactly to use. Just...too many possibilities with spells to decide which is appropriate.)
Description: Aside from Temo, those who come into contact with Gleipnir's hilt, blade, or scabbard (while sheathed) are soon consumed by black flames, courtesy of the twilight shard fragment. (And obviously, this implies that the shards during the war weren't touched by any but him without similar consequences. Lucky players for not touching them directly. Razz ) There is a warning prior, as the sword takes on a brighter glow as the mana is gathered for this protective measure - this takes one turn before the fire starts and is often verbally cautioned by Temo or Fenrir. If they can't for whatever reason, the glowing, warming sword tends to be a good indicator of "DO NOT TOUCH". This is not an effect either of them are capable of stopping even if they wished to.
Explain relation: Very simple. You touch, you get engulfed in flames through RP should you choose to hold on after the initial warning. Should there be any trouble determining damage, we settle in with a Smash attack in PVP mode (which WILL always be at 100%.) Fire/OOC attacks end immediately upon loss of contact with the sword. Merely a roleplayed way to represent Egos and their soulbindings to their wielders.
Notes: If I can find one of those fancy chance-of-casting-super spell swords, I might use those in combat situations. Also to clarify, this is not a slow-creeping fire that starts at the point of contact. This is a mage-fire sparked by that contact and igniting the entire target in under a second.
Level: 2

IC Skill Name: Soulbound
Power Class: Sensory/Soul
OOC Representation: Roleplay
Description: So long as they are on the same plane (Ex) both in Shadow Realm, both in Erinn, both in the SAME dungeon, Another World, Falias, etc, etc.), Fenrir is always capable of keeping track of Temo regardless of how far apart they are. This doesn't exactly pinpoint his position, but it does narrow things down to a range of 1,000 meters (a little over half a mile).
Explain relation: Roleplay. Fenrir is capable of mentioning where Temo may be if the two are separated - assuming he's cooperative about it. Limitations would be within a range about half the distance of Uladh, so if he can't sense Temo on the same plane, Temo is either nowhere nearby or in a different realm; and he'd need to relocate in order to try elsewhere.
Notes:
Level: 0
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP) Empty Re: Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP)

Post  Temo Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 am

*Meeeehs and tosses Asgarrd's Veil.* Done here too. Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP) Empty Re: Gleipnir (Fenrir Eir) Redux (STILL WIP)

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 am

Referring to power two: If someone where to survive the smash, would it repeat itself again?
If so, can you specify the time frame? (IE: Every 5 seconds).

Secondly: Is it possible to tire out Glenineifnwefnweufnewferir? If someone survives several hits? Or will it just keep going?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Congregate Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

Also on the topic of Power #2,

Does a person actually have to have their skin touch Gleipnir to get roflstomped, or could they have a cloth or something around their hands and still get "attacked"?
Congregate
Congregate
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Referring to power two: If someone where to survive the smash, would it repeat itself again?

Secondly: Is it possible to tire out Glenineifnwefnweufnewferir? If someone survives several hits? Or will it just keep going?

-If they choose to keep holding on, yes. For sake of simplicity, the flames magically snuff out once the person releases the sword. Of course, third-degree body burns and such would still leave an unpleasant reminder.

-I'd say yes. Was trying to think of how to work in a how to that aaaaand...think I may have just come up with something. It'll be a 4/4 thing, daily. Meaning he can keep this up for 4 attempts before mana/power/reserves/whatever get exhausted and he'd need to wait til full before trying again. Think that'd work? Surprised

Also on the topic of Power #2,

Does a person actually have to have their skin touch Gleipnir to get roflstomped, or could they have a cloth or something around their hands and still get "attacked"?

- Gloves, wrapped towels, or something that still allows for close contact, yes. Way it worked in the past, those within close proximity of the sword when trying to pull it got torched. Sometimes elemental enchants dampened things on affected areas; but damage was still done (which is why I'm working up spells to prepare for this as well - in the meantime, just gotta deal with Smash til there's another idea.) Best solution someone had was to roll Gleipnir into a large cloth sling that kept him a good distance away from the body and tote him around that way. About 2 yards in proximity. (It was a tall dragon. :I )
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm

If that's the end of Gate's questions, I give an approval.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm

You're just restating the power you already had, yeah?

Anyway, it looks good and I approve.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Congregate Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Temo wrote:

-If they choose to keep holding on, yes. For sake of simplicity, the flames magically snuff out once the person releases the sword. Of course, third-degree body burns and such would still leave an unpleasant reminder.

-I'd say yes. Was trying to think of how to work in a how to that aaaaand...think I may have just come up with something. It'll be a 4/4 thing, daily. Meaning he can keep this up for 4 attempts before mana/power/reserves/whatever get exhausted and he'd need to wait til full before trying again. Think that'd work? Surprised

Dealin' with the bolded area,
How long would it take to "recharge"? A RL day?
Congregate
Congregate
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Congregate wrote:
Temo wrote:

Dealin' with the bolded area,
How long would it take to "recharge"? A RL day?

A RL day, yes.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Congregate Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Then I give my first power approval ever, wooo. -Stamps your forehead-

That makes 3.
Congregate
Congregate
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down