Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Swiftshift

+4
Vayne
Dellinger
Adhamh
Swiftshift
8 posters

Go down

New Member - Swiftshift Empty New Member - Swiftshift

Post  Swiftshift Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:50 am

Character Name:
Dexter/Swift - Swiftshift

How You Heard About The RP Society:
After getting my account hacked, Dellinger got me to get an application.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?
I can't say that I have any formal experience with role playing, but I've dabbled, and I know how it works.

Is English Your First Language?
Yes, this is my first language, don't forgive me for anything!

A Short Biography Of Your Character:
Dexter Swift, an average geek at the age of 16, was living a normal life. He couldn't complain. Life could be sometimes crappy, life could be sometimes great, but there was nothing truly wrong. One day, he was just simply walking with his mother to get groceries. Rain started pouring on the way home, and they needed to run. In the midst of all the action, ZAP! A flash of white is all that Dexter sees, and then darkness.

He is awakened by another white light, and he finds himself in the Soul Stream, descending is Nao, the Soul Stream guide. Everything is explained to him. The groceries and the lightning, however he finds this hard to believe for a while, thinking that he's only dreaming. (He later comes to the conclusion that he's actually deceased on Earth, and mourns his loss alone.) In Erinn, he discovers that as an elf, he's exceptional at archery. He was surprised that he was able to shoot two arrows successively at a creature, it just came to him so naturally. Over time, he felt that archery was not good enough. He felt that archery is too repetitive, there has to be something that can use his intelligence efficiently. He considered wizardry, however it became to strict and there was nothing to be discovered. That's when he went to alchemy. Alchemy is new in Erinn, and things are always being discovered. It was the closest thing to being a scientist in the world of Erinn, and that's what he planned to be on Earth, before 'the strike', as he likes to call it.

While training in the way of the alchemist, he found it very enjoying. It was like being a mage, without having to meditate day after day to increase mana or dedicate months into learning intermediate magic. He also liked the diversity, warriors, archers, not even mages had the ability to call forth a golem to take care of their dirty work. In groups, he liked being the person that everyone relies on, even though he wasn't on the front line, he was still the center of the action, simply with his personality. He also liked being so intelligent. Studying from alchemy books seemed to give him purpose He simply wants to be an intelligent and practical man, and now he's living his dream. He also enjoys the immortality.

Personality wise, Dexter can be a very serious person, he's not what you'd expect and you need to really dig deep to understand him, this is usually found in hindsight, when it's too late. He can also be a person who jokes around a lot, maybe too much in serious situations. He believes in getting over things quickly, no one has time to really cry about things. (But hey, he's immortal.) As far as his past life goes, he will make references from time to time about the life and technology back on Earth, even though most may not be able to comprehend what a 'computer' is.

What type of character do you play?
Dexter trains in the way of the alchemist. First solely based on just demolishing the enemy, he realizes he needs to take the time in learning the fundamentals of alchemy. (Basically combat alchemy are at high ranks, however passive skills aren't as high as they should be.)

What is your Mabinogi schedule?
Since school is coming, I'll probably be playing mostly on weekends. (Friday-Sunday) I will also probably be playing when I don't have school like on holidays. Other than that, if I'm on at any other time, it's simply Random.

------------------------------------------------------
Edited for grammatical and story fixes.

Last edited by Swiftshift on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical fixes.)

Swiftshift
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

New Member - Swiftshift Empty Re: New Member - Swiftshift

Post  Adhamh Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 am

Oooh~ I enjoyed this bio. Very nice read and you appear to have a good grasp on English. Unless I'm missing something, I doubt you'd have issues with getting the required approvals. Looking forward to RPing with you!
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 am

Personally refraining from approving as I seem to be the reason he's applying. Otherwise, looks pretty good. -nods-
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 am

Approved.

-puts Dell in a box-

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 pm

*Offers money to buy Dell-in-a-box!*
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Approval'd.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Adhamh wrote:*Offers money to buy Dell-in-a-box!*

-steals said box- +_+
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Despite how much fun you're having.
Focus people.
Thanks. Anyone else for approval or commentary?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

A few things in the bio (well one thing) that I can easily overlook from just stuff.

Overall it looks good.

I can't approve it though. I'm not colored and such.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Looks pretty good! I read it earlier... But I guess I completely forgot to approve! Sorry xD

Here you go. Have an approval!
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Please apply to the guild stone if you haven't already. =)
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 pm

This ever taken care of?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon