Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vargo's Application

+3
Adhamh
Glaceon
Vargonian
7 posters

Go down

Vargo's Application Empty Vargo's Application

Post  Vargonian Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 am

Character Name: Vargo Finnley

How You Heard About The RP Society: Saw a member of yours (Silverakira) and asked her a few questions.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? For about 6 years. I've roleplayed on a lot of boards and on a lot of different games. I've roleplayed a lot of different characters in a wide range of settings.

Is English Your First Language? Yes.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: Vargo grew up in a less than reputable neighborhood in east London. Born to two crack fiends, Vargo quickly abandoned his family and began living on the streets at a young age. At age 14 he joined a local gang of ruffians and in them he had found a new family. He spent the next 8 years of his life with this gang stealing, extorting local shop keeps, beating up and robbing other city dwellers and in a few messy incidents him and his mates even killed a few poor souls. Vargo began to grow sick of hanging with these low-lives and decided to turn his life around for the better. In the process of trying to better himself, Vargo met a beautiful girl of similar age, Helena, and immediately fell in love. After sometime Vargo confessed his love to Helena and she agreed to marry him. Everything seemed to be going so well for Vargo. He had a legit job, new friends, and a beautiful fiance. However, not everything is what it seems. In his time with his gang, Vargo accumulated a substantial amount of debt with several local drug dealers. One of the drug dealers, "Mr. Greenthumb," decided Vargo would pay up. Mr. Greenthumb murdered Helena one night while Vargo was at work. He came to find her sprawled out on her couch, her throat slit. Vargo was over come with sadness and guilt. He immediately ran to the roof of his apartment building and jumped off, ending his life. This is however, is not the end of the story. In committing suicide, Vargo found himself in the soul stream. As he road the shimmering waves of light he eventually ended up in Erinn, in a field outside of Vales. His body had changed. He was now a large, strong, brooding giant. Vargo, looking for answers on how he ended up in Erinn, started traveling towards Vales...

What type of character do you play? Vargo is kind of a jerk. He is very blunt about things and doesn't care whether it offends people or not. While jaded he is optimistic and cocky. He is an old street tough so he likes to fight with clubs but isn't afraid to use his bare hands (knuckles.)

What is your Mabinogi schedule? I play every day for about 6-8 hours.

Vargonian
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Vargo's Application Empty Re: Vargo's Application

Post  Glaceon Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:25 am

-goes through a checklist-

Grammar: The bio is clean, and looks well established. It's quite clear what the next answer is

Milletian/Erinn-born: Quite clear he is a Milletian, this is good.

Bonus Points: The bio was a nice read, and your character has tons of room to develop and what not.

I overall like the application a lot.

It will be fun seeing him say the wrong things to the wrong people.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Vargonian Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

I appreciate the quick reply! I specifically designed this character in a way so I could potentially take him anywhere. Does he let the guilt of his fiance's death drag him down a road of evil or does he turn around and use it to find righteousness? And I also just liked the image of a big "papa-bear" type who is constantly busting chops.

Vargonian
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 am

Hm..it's been a while since a giant has joined. Interesting RP might ensue.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am

Approved. Question; is this kind of like a ganger from 'a clockwork orange'?

Last edited by Dellinger on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Vargonian Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

To be honest my I DID draw some of my inspiration from Alex in A Clockwork Orange. Not nearly that strange though haha.

Vargonian
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 am

Vargonian wrote:To be honest my I DID draw some of my inspiration from Alex in A Clockwork Orange. Not nearly that strange though haha.
You've scored 5 newbie points and 2 literature respect points. They mean nothing, but you should celebrate none-the-less.

Other comments?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 am

I like it. Approved.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Vargonian Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:20 am

Guys, thanks a lot for the quick responses. I hope to be roleplaying with you all shortly.

Vargonian
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 am

Approved. Roll out the red carpet! You have five minutes before I and the other hounds are released from our kennels. MENTORS, AWAY!
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 am

Make sure you apply to the guild stone, if you haven't already. =)
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

-clings to this applicant- ...Another approval.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down