Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satch's Geass

+2
Dellinger
Xeek
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Satch's Geass - Page 2 Empty Re: Satch's Geass

Post  Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Adhamh wrote:
1. I knew I forgot to mention something. Was gonna say that player-choosing the success should've been mentioned on the original post. xD; But if it's player-chosen, why the success rate? Unless you take into account the player's decision and then apply the success rate?

2. Ah, I wasn't sure if that could be done. Thanks for clearing that up. xD; *Doesn't duel, so doesn't ever really have to try to avoid Demi skills.*

1: The success rate is the rate that's part of the in-game skill, Lullaby. It was a 75% success rate on every rank.

2. It can, at least, IC. Or some sort of teleporting move, like a final shot teleport, final hit, or fly up...jump...get off the ground, since it travels on the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:
Adhamh wrote:
1. I knew I forgot to mention something. Was gonna say that player-choosing the success should've been mentioned on the original post. xD; But if it's player-chosen, why the success rate? Unless you take into account the player's decision and then apply the success rate?

2. Ah, I wasn't sure if that could be done. Thanks for clearing that up. xD; *Doesn't duel, so doesn't ever really have to try to avoid Demi skills.*

1: The success rate is the rate that's part of the in-game skill, Lullaby. It was a 75% success rate on every rank.

But if the player chooses whether the skill goes active, isn't the game's success rate non-applicable then?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Adhamh wrote:
Soifa Toten wrote:
Adhamh wrote:

But if the player chooses whether the skill goes active, isn't the game's success rate non-applicable then?

Not when it comes to PVP.
And all bases should be covered. If the success rate wasn't mentioned, someone would have mentioned it I'm sure.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Adhamh wrote:
Soifa Toten wrote:
Adhamh wrote:

It's a theoretical thing. He technically has 75percent chance of it happening but, it IS possible for him to fail 100x in row. I mean, look at Ferghus' repairs.
I just put the percent because it's what the skill said and if someone ever decides to you know, roll a dice or something, they we don't have to work it out there.

Oh yeah, added something new. Under the weakness.

Last edited by Xeek on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Pretty much, Adhamh, but it helps a little to compare it, I suppose. Something to go off of if you want to seriously consider if it affects your character or not other than "I don't wanna be affected D:< "

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. That makes it fairer for both sides.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh, almost forgot.

My other concerns still exist.

a) Difficulty of skill detection. A slight flash of the eye is too unnoticeable. :l There must be something that'd allow the other character(s) -some- time to react.
b) No defense against said skill. You said there were ways of defending it, please mention them? If you're requesting the power you can't tell us "You'll have to find out".
c) Describe the skill's range? From what I understand, it seems to be a 360 range. What's the distance between the boundary of the time-range hemisphere and Satch himself? Meaning, how close would a character have to be to be caught in the time-freeze?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Adhamh wrote:Oh, almost forgot.

a) Difficulty of skill detection. A slight flash of the eye is too unnoticeable. :l There must be something that'd allow the other character(s) -some- time to react.
Nope, that's pretty much it. The flash in the eye and the dome appearing. If you can out run the dome?
b) No defense against said skill. You said there were ways of defending it, please mention them? If you're requesting the power you can't tell us "You'll have to find out".
Pretty much, you'll have to find out. But, the current ones that exist are, falcon paunching Satch before it activate, jumping out of distance, and it's success rate. Though, IC skills that involve persona and trans can null it. They can be counted as 'over powering it' to a degree, but that is about it.
c) Describe the skill's range? From what I understand, it seems to be a 360 range. What's the distance between the boundary of the time-range hemisphere and Satch himself? Meaning, how close would a character have to be to be caught in the time-freeze?

Undetermined as of yet, mainly because the range is suppose to increase by rank and as he, himself, grows. But from what I saw, the range is a bit larger than the magic shield range, unlike Rolo's.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Xeek wrote:
Adhamh wrote:Oh, almost forgot.

Nope, that's pretty much it. The flash in the eye and the dome appearing. If you can out run the dome?
Pretty much, you'll have to find out. But, the current ones that exist are, falcon paunching Satch before it activate, jumping out of distance, and it's success rate. Though, IC skills that involve persona and trans can null it. They can be counted as 'over powering it' to a degree, but that is about it.

Undetermined as of yet, mainly because the range is suppose to increase by rank and as he, himself, grows. But from what I saw, the range is a bit larger than the magic shield range, unlike Rolo's.

a) How long does the dome take to form then?

c) Oh, a bit larger than magic shield? That's not bad then. You'd have to be pretty close then to be caught.

Last edited by Adhamh on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:35 pm

If there isn't ample time to react, as seen in the clips, the effect was almost instant as the dome expanded rapidly. Otherwise, the power is just far to powerful for a mere Level 2 power without some hint. Since this -isn't- the same world as Code Geass. Maybe he has to put his hand over his heart or maybe to his head to focus the Geass. If you get what I'm getting at, it's that line between noticing and being able to react rather than having it happen almost instantanelously and being that "godmod" power that seems to be undodgeable.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Glaceon wrote:If there isn't ample time to react, as seen in the clips, the effect was almost instant as the dome expanded rapidly. Otherwise, the power is just far to powerful for a mere Level 2 power without some hint. Since this -isn't- the same world as Code Geass. Maybe he has to put his hand over his heart or maybe to his head to focus the Geass. If you get what I'm getting at, it's that line between noticing and being able to react rather than having it happen almost instantanelously and being that "godmod" power that seems to be undodgeable.

Yeah. Honestly I think most of our main concerns revolve around other characters not being able to detect him using the skill/react to it.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 pm

@Ooron: 9 seconds at rank 1. (which I will have nearly instantly), but yes as the rank goes up the stronger he gets.

@Glacia/Ooron: It's no difference than someone using charging strike quickly, or instant smashing. If you aren't paying attention to the eye, you can see the ball increasing, if you aren't fast enough, oh well, tough cookies, you can always say you don't want it to work on your character.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I didn't mean how long it lasts. I meant how long does the dome take to fully form before the time-freeze goes active.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Adhamh wrote:I didn't mean how long it lasts. I meant how long does the dome take to fully form before the time-freeze goes active.

OOC? Instantly,
IC wise, probably a second or two.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Ah okay. So if the character can see the bubble forming, they have a second or two to run away.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Adhamh wrote:Ah okay. So if the character can see the bubble forming, they have a second or two to run away.

Indeed. The further you are, the better. Though, I don't think I posted it *will right now*. In order for it to work, the spell must cover the target's head. So giants might not even be affects if they are in the far side.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:37 pm

So is it possible to block the effect out via a helmet or something?
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Glaceon wrote:So is it possible to block the effect out via a helmet or something?

Nope, not even Jeramiah(Someone who had an anti-geass) was able to block it. His special helmet only lowered the time.. so I guess if you have a protective helmet similar to Shakespeare's in G16, it will lower the time you are frozen. But a regular helmet won't do.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 am

Anyone else have a concern?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Any more concerns? Make sure to check the initial post for a few previous changes.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 pm

I feel this power could use more love.

Satch's Geass - Page 2 40815-orangekun_large

But have an orange.. :3
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:10 pm

My concerns have started to be addressed, here I am, back to start a second round of drilling and clarification:

Xeek wrote:Edit:1-This power also does not work on those who lack their own brain or have limited brain power(does not count stupid people).

Does this involve people 'sleeping,' 'drugged,' or some things like that? Not sure exactly what you mean by limited brain power. If I am reading this correctly, constructs and undead are the ones that are certainly not affected. Maybe giving us a more definite list of what this implies would help clarify this.

Xeek wrote:Edit:2-Because Erinn is a different world, the geass isn't as strong, and those not looking directly at the source(eye) have less chances of falling under the condition. Edit:3- For the skill to affect someone, their head must be in the AoE range, from below the neck it won't count.

Could you expand on this? The implication seems to be eye contact, but I'm not sure. If that is the case, the 'higher' chance seem to be based upon the individuals meeting eyes (ie, Satch and the target). If I misunderstand, an expansion of the exact part of edit 2 would be awesome for us. I'll start with that before commenting on the next bit that follows that question.

The implications of the limitations you have started to set on this bring this down from a possible FEC due to the concerns of abuse / high-chance of paralysis being addressed. My disapproval is removed for now while some clarifications are asked for. -nods-
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Dellinger wrote:My concerns have started to be addressed, here I am, back to start a second round of drilling and clarification:

Xeek wrote:Edit:1-This power also does not work on those who lack their own brain or have limited brain power(does not count stupid people).

Does this involve people 'sleeping,' 'drugged,' or some things like that? Not sure exactly what you mean by limited brain power. If I am reading this correctly, constructs and undead are the ones that are certainly not affected. Maybe giving us a more definite list of what this implies would help clarify this.
My bad for not clarifying, you are right, constructs and undead do not apply. By 'limited brain power' I mean those under a hypnotic spell, EI. someone being controlled. Sleeping/drugged/dissy will be affected.

Xeek wrote:Edit:2-Because Erinn is a different world, the geass isn't as strong, and those not looking directly at the source(eye) have less chances of falling under the condition. Edit:3- For the skill to affect someone, their head must be in the AoE range, from below the neck it won't count.
Could you expand on this? The implication seems to be eye contact, but I'm not sure. If that is the case, the 'higher' chance seem to be based upon the individuals meeting eyes (ie, Satch and the target). If I misunderstand, an expansion of the exact part of edit 2 would be awesome for us. I'll start with that before commenting on the next bit that follows that question. Edit 2 is what you said, but instead of those looking have a higher chance, those not looking have a lower chance. It's 'technically' the same, but saying it the first way makes it seem like,
Base chance = 75percent
Making eye contact = +75percent.
When it really it
Making eye contact = 75percent.
No eye contact = -75percent, I'd say down to 50percent.

Edit 3 refers to the dome of the skill, even if you are making eye contact but your head(brain) is outside of the dome, it doesn't matter if your body is, you won't be affected. Same works visa versa, if only your head as in the dome, you will be affected.

This basically means, giants are less likely to even have a chance of being affected, if they are tall enough. Satch would have to jump in some cases, like that of Fiodh's.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm

*Uses puppet skill to drag colors to this thread*

Wrong ones
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Now I am just feeling this is being ignored on purpose.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum