Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

+2
Xeek
Adhamh
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits - Page 2 Empty Re: Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

Post  Auramune Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:23 am

Maybe he doesn't realize there's a difference between "soul condition" and being part of them from pre-erinn?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits - Page 2 Empty Re: Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

Post  Adhamh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 am

When I said I don't have any qualms with rolling, I meant I don't have any problems with rolling. I'm not saying "NO, I DON'T CARE, LET ME ROLL IF I WANT", if it has to be rolled for then I'll roll. If not, then not.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 am

I learned(Sometimes), to stop when I am trying to help other people and they didn't listen the first time.

What everyone is basically stating, while your power IS attached to your soul, it's racial because of it's nature, it's practically bound to Auron's soul and can not be removed by any means, except some large thing.

Regular soul conditions(shouldn't have to be rolled for at all*), is like a damage/extension to the body, except it's to the soul. This isn't what Adh has because his soul isn't damage/extended, the curse is bound to him like peanut butter to chocolate.
EI. When Xeek and Knarex were separated, they both had a soul condition. Their would was weaker because it was split.

Your racial trait relates more to the average ability to transform.
EI. Xeek carried his dragon blood(through his soul, because if it's just in his body it would be removed in the soul stream.) in him, allowing him to transform.
The blood manifest itself to the body once he rebirth.

What needs to be rolled for**, is powers that are
Soul powers are defined by anything that can alter, heal, damage, or destroy a soul.

*Why are you going to roll for something that is being requested? After you get your three approvals, saying everything is okay, you are rolling once more to see if you even have it?

**Anyone should be able to roll, while the other system was completely fine, I understand the point of rolling but, councilor/mentors shouldn't have to roll for anyone. We are all 'mature' enough to understand the concept of rolling. If you aren't sure, take a screenshot.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 am

Xeek, I appreciate your trying to facilitate the approval process of this power, but it's not a big deal to me if it requires a roll or not. Obviously, I'd rather it not require a roll because I would like to implement this and would be a bit upset if the roll turns out against my favor, but it wouldn't be an enormous loss. If rolling turns out to not be required, then fantastic. Either way, I'll accept the outcome. Again, I appreciate your help, but whatever happens, happens.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:48 am

Adhamh wrote:Xeek, I appreciate your trying to facilitate the approval process of this power, but it's not a big deal to me if it requires a roll or not. Obviously, I'd rather it not require a roll because I would like to implement this and would be a bit upset if the roll turns out against my favor, but it wouldn't be an enormous loss. If rolling turns out to not be required, then fantastic. Either way, I'll accept the outcome. Again, I appreciate your help, but whatever happens, happens.

I am explaining why it's not required. The rule does not apply to this type of power.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 am

Ani wasn't the one to say he had to roll, Mari said that. He was just going "oh okay whatever".

And I don't see why he should. It's a pre-existing thing. Like when someone with a dragon soul grows a tail or something. >_>

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 am

Okay. Upon further consideration and a decision to stop being complacent, why DO I have to roll for this? I mean, I understand for things that are based on luck/have an actual success rate such as enchanting or whether a soul power would activate or not...but this? Following the added backstory, he would keep this racial trait upon transition into here. Adding onto Soifa's dragon tail thing, wouldn't that mean it'd have to be re-rolled for EVERY race that enters/has ever entered Erinn to see whether or not they stay dragons/maras/birdpeople/etc or become human/giant/elf?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Maybe a simple coin flip a day to see if the lycanthropy becomes active from it's Dormant state?

-shrugs- In honesty, if it's a pre-existing soul condition, the rolling SHOULDN'T matter, since it is pre-existing.

In cases such as other powers that are around that deal with enchants and success rates, yet rolling counts.

Glacia is a cat, she has a cat soul, her cat features can only be hidden, but never removed. REMOVING them from her soul WOULD require rolling, but I don't think that'll be happening any time soon. So as such, if only it was added in during Erinn time would it require rolling I think.

/end Drunk rant

Last edited by Glaceon on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Why would that be needed?

He's not requesting something that has a success rate, he's requesting for it to become active. If this were enchanting, or affecting someone else's soul, or advanced transmutation, then we'd roll or flip. This is none of those things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I was editting it, read again.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Why are you drunk this early?

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Why not?
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Adhamh wrote:Okay. Upon further consideration and a decision to stop being complacent, why DO I have to roll for this? I mean, I understand for things that are based on luck/have an actual success rate such as enchanting or whether a soul power would activate or not...but this? Following the added backstory, he would keep this racial trait upon transition into here. Adding onto Soifa's dragon tail thing, wouldn't that mean it'd have to be re-rolled for EVERY race that enters/has ever entered Erinn to see whether or not they stay dragons/maras/birdpeople/etc or become human/giant/elf?

Fight the power! I mean.. yeah good advice >_> <_< If only someone had been saying from the start.
Now, if I can only get people to stop trying to roll for enchants...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Enchants are a success/fail thing, they will always be rolled upon.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 pm

It's pretty much requesting for the 'enchant scroll' to exist, and then enchanting it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Mhm. As I mentioned, for things like enchanting, I understand completely, but not this.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm

I do not agree, but this isn't the right powers to disagree it on.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 pm

I suggest you message councilors, not bring it up on other peoples' power posts.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

So uh. Yeah. *BUMP*
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am

Okay, go roll.

If you win, approved.

If you lose, approved and ha ha ha.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am

Odd

Success.

Moving.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2