Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

+2
Xeek
Adhamh
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits Empty Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

Post  Adhamh Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 am

Yes, more powers! D:< Though these are new.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Adhamh on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits Empty Re: Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

Post  Xeek Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:38 am

I am like 4percent sure Lycanthropy disease isn't allowed to be spread in anyway.

One mo' thing, would King be able to use pummel without the tier 1 and 2 attacks?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits Empty Re: Adhamh's Lycanthropy and Animal Spirits

Post  Glaceon Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:53 am

I'm sure it's been said a few times that thinks like that can't be spread. Werewolf (Lycanthropes in general I think), Vampires, Zombies. I'm pretty sure being bit doesn't do anything to genetic structure. We'll have someone official come in and give the word....and not the bird word..
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 am

Xeek wrote:I am like 4percent sure Lycanthropy disease isn't allowed to be spread in anyway.

One mo' thing, would King be able to use pummel without the tier 1 and 2 attacks?

I mentioned in the ability's notes that he can't use it without the tier 2 skills and the tier 2 skills can't be used without the tier 1s. Also, I was talking about it with Jabber and she never brought that up.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 am

I'm 100% sure that we decided lycanthropy, vampirism, zombieism, and any other kind of racial change was not allowed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Hm, alright. I'm allowed to question why that rule is in place, right?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Sure.

Because it would make room for people to near force race changes on others by biting them or something stupid like that. When you're fighting lycans in Mabi, you don't turn into one when it whoops your butt, same with werewolves, zombies, or anything like that.

The only time people turned into zombies temporarily was during that one event.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:12 pm

That's always been something that couldn't be done. Besides the reason Soifa mentioned, the lycans in the game give no reason to support that if they attacked/clawed/bit anyone that there's a chance they would change. So it leads me to believe that in-game lycans are born, but not diseased. Natural/born lycans typically do not carry the disease, nor can they pass it along. So it's best to consider the ones in game that.

What you could probably do, is have him be one in his home world but it be dormant until some jazz happens in erinn and he roars in to one.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Just because one is transformed into something it doesn't mean that they're forced to go out and bite others? o_O I had no intentions on converting anyone else.

Also, a lot of things are approved that aren't directly supported by Mabi mechanics. They're creative manipulations of what exists. Like the animal spirit powers I've requested before and am requesting now.

I really don't see why my character can't become something else that isn't over-powered/god-modding or has any intentions of forcing a change on any others.

As for what you said Aura I guess that's possible, but I still want to question this. Also, just because something's "always been there", it doesn't mean it has the inability to change/be modified.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 pm

You may not have intentions, but that doesn't mean we should allow the MEANS for racial changes to be in existence. That argument is like trying to say "I want this power that can destroy the world, but I don't intend to use it".

Yes, they are approved and such, but we have to draw the line on some things. If we allow someone to have been CHANGED by a lycan's bite, then that means, in general, a lycan's bite will have the ability to do that. Then, what if someone makes a lycan character? Why should we remove the ability for the lycan's bite to change someone if it HAS changed someone? Makes no sense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Also, even if someone were bitten and changed in Erinn, it would completely be wiped clean when the rebirthed since it's a disease and not part of them.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh, yes, true.

For it to stick, it'd have to affect the soul...and that'd require dice rolling even IF we allowed lycan's to change people, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Okay, now those are valid reasons for me. I changed the ability.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Given the changes...okay.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Adhamh wrote:
Xeek wrote:I am like 4percent sure Lycanthropy disease isn't allowed to be spread in anyway.

I mentioned in the ability's notes that he can't use it without the tier 2 skills and the tier 2 skills can't be used without the tier 1s. Also, I was talking about it with Jabber and she never brought that up.
Er.. I didn't think you meant he was gonna catch the disease.. Just that his Beast Form changed due to development. But Milletians can't catch diseases/curses*, no.

*They can come into Erinn cursed.

*Edit* Oh, you changed it to.. coming with a curse. CONVENIENT.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Mari Eir wrote:
Adhamh wrote:

Er.. I didn't think you meant he was gonna catch the disease.. Just that his Beast Form changed due to development. But Milletians can't catch diseases/curses*, no.

*They can come into Erinn cursed.

*Edit* Oh, you changed it to.. coming with a curse. CONVENIENT.

Yeah. I guess I wasn't specific enough. xD;; Anyway, is this an approval? D:
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Are you saying it's a soul condition..? You stated your skill type wrong.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Mari Eir wrote:Are you saying it's a soul condition..? You stated your skill type wrong.
Yeah. Forgot to add that when I edited it.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:23 pm

I think you need to roll to have it be a soul condition. It's a 50/50% percentage automatically though, if so. I'll volunteer. Just need another color name to do so with me.
I approve enough to do the dice roll, if it succeeds, this gets moved out.

*Edit* When all approvals are in. >__>
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Mari Eir wrote:I think you need to roll to have it be a soul condition. It's a 50/50% percentage automatically though, if so. I'll volunteer. Just need another color name to do so with me.
I approve enough to do the dice roll, if it succeeds, this gets moved out.

*Edit* When all approvals are in. >__>

I don't think he means it as a soul power. It's just bound to his soul, like Mariella's dragon is bound to her.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 pm

It's a soul condition. I have no qualms with the rolling.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:33 pm

bump-de-bump~ Need one more approval and person to offer to roll with Mari.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:30 am

WHY does this have to be rolled for? It happened in his OLD WORLD, not in Erinn, according to the change Ani made to the power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:07 am

Didn't 'racial' conditions carry over? For instance, the very description for our werewolf RACE was having a 'curse' on their soul before Erinn.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 am

Gracen Merit wrote:Didn't 'racial' conditions carry over? For instance, the very description for our werewolf RACE was having a 'curse' on their soul before Erinn.

He claims he still wants to roll.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next