Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New)

5 posters

Go down

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New) Empty Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New)

Post  Mari Eir Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Mariella Shehad/Iraselle Kana (Though only one is named, only the blue is unique to Mariella. Dark red for Iraselle.)

Fire Dragon <-- By putting this link here, I am stating she already has all of these abilities, therefore I will not list them.

IC Skill:Tail Whip
Power Class: Physical/Racial/Transformation
OOC Representation: Windmill
Description: While in Dragon form, Mariella will spin around, using her tail to strike an enemy. Depending on her momentum, it may just be more of an annoyance than anything, but has the force to at least knock down an unprepared enemy.
Explain relation: As stated above, it is windmill. Since she's armored in this form, her tail is unaffected.
Notes:None
Level 0

IC Skill Name: Mini Fireball
Power Class: Elemental/Racial
OOC Representation: Heat Buster
Description: Mariella is occasionally capable of launching a quick, miniature fireball from her mouth. Doing so, however, requires a slightly increased heart rate. She will not be able to launch these consecutively, as it is bad for her heart.
Explain relation: It's basically just Heat Buster from her mouth. That would be the only real change.
Notes: Since it takes adrenaline, she is forced to abide the OOC cool down limit.
Level: 1

IC Skill Name: Heightened Sense of Smell
Power Class: Sensory/Racial
OOC Representation: Field of vision
Description: Dragons are natural born hunters. Instead of using sight or sound to track down their prey, they use scent.
Explain relation: If I can see it, she can smell it.
Notes: She needs to be familiar with the target to track it specifically. If she doesn't know what she's looking for, she may accidentally stumble upon something. Particularly pungent smells may make her ill. If one masks their scent it will throw her off; rebirths can do this, as well.
Level: 2

IC Skill Name: Dragon Half
Power Class: Transformation/Racial
OOC Representation: Awakening of Light
Description: With a burst of energy, Mariella's Tail and wings grow; horns sprout from her head as well. She is capable of quicker movement and low level gliding. Being a dragon, she is naturally in tune with the wind and forest element aside from her personal element. In this form, she can read the wind (so to speak) and hear the cries of plants. This gives her a better grasp of her immediate surroundings.
Explain relation: It's basically the burst of energy and regenerative properties from Demigod.
Notes: In this form, I always use Mana Shield; this represents increased durability of her scales.

IC Item: Vorpal Sword
Item Class: Item/Unique
OOC Item: Brionac
Description Mariella is capable of summoning the sword that had supposedly slain her, one she said had not belonged in her world to begin with. She is not capable of wielding it for long, however. She must either throw it or drop it, letting it desummon for it burns her hands. If one were to take this blade and wield it against her (it has to be taken out of her hands directly), it can cause a great deal of damage. Not everyone can wield it, though.
Effects: As stated above, it will burn Mariella's hands. It will have the same effect on anyone related to her by blood.
Notes: The sword is actually a manifestation of the Shehads' view of absolute destruction. Only those in her family slain by the sword can manifest it this way due to trauma and the symbolism behind it. It may vary in appearance according to how it is remembered.

IC Skill Name: Chaos
Power Class: Transformation/Unique
OOC Representation: Shadow Spirit, occasionally Wings of Rage
Description: Being of the CN persuasion, Mariella manifests her energy and expels it toward an enemy. It causes the target to go into a panicked state, potentially crippling them temporarily.
Explain relation: While the OOC skill just does.. whatever, the effects of this one are more specific. The chaos intimidates, frightens targets out of acting. They are incapable of moving very far, if at all due to panic.
Notes: SS or WoR depending on my alliance at the time. This means the skill is always available to her in this form in SOME way. Naturally, one has a lower time it is affective. This can be taken anyway the player it's used against wants (like they're subdued for a lower amount of time or manage to fight it off a bit better).

IC Skill Name: Eruption
Power Class: Transformation/Elemental
OOC Representation: Fury of Light
Description: When in Half form, she may emit fire in sort of erupting bursts. This lasts a few moments.
Explain relation: It's the same style of erupting bursts as FoL, though Mariella has a decent amount of control over it (which is why it can hit nearby targets, though still occasionally miss).
Notes: None

IC Skill Name: Aegis
Power Class: Transformation/Defensive
OOC Representation: Wings of Eclipse
Description: Mari's defenses increase to the point where she is temporarily impervious to small attacks. She is much harder to even knock down in this state.
Explain relation: Same exact effects, minus the shield surrounding it.
Notes: Like the actual skill, an especially strong blow can knock Aegis out.
Level: 0

IC Skill Name: Shiny Objects!
Power Class: Weakness
OOC Representation: None
Description: Dragons love treasure, as we all know, so the Shehad woman share a weakness for anything shiny, or may otherwise seem valuable. This is a weakness that has already been exploited quite a few times; used PROPERLY however, one can calm these dragonesses down.
Explain relation: Mythology based.
Notes: All that glitters is gold.

IC Skill Name: Bond with Nature
Power Class: Natural
OOC Representation: Control of Darkness, Enthrall, Taming.
Description: Iraselle has the primal ability of communicating with animals. At any give time, she is in touch with nature thus can manipulate it where she sees fit.
Explain relation: Same principle in the end result, though achieved differently. Whereas I need Fomor scrolls OOC, Iraselle needs time to attune her self with her target.
Notes: This is done via Control of Darkness, rank 1. I will go out of my way to attempt to tame anything she tries to "bond" with via Fomor Scrolls. It's limited to anything that can be tamed, so not plants and junk. Failure IC is the same as it would be OOC.

IC Skill Name: Vaeri the Llama!
Power Class: Summoning/Familiar
OOC Representation: Summoning one of my boostable blast pets. Whichever is closer at hand at the time.
Description: Iraselle has been specially breeding a Llama she tamed by the name of Vaeri. He is typically nearby when she needs him, seeing as how he is either trailing closely behind her or she outright carries him in Dragon form. He seems to have a personality of his own (a cynical, sarcastic one), though is incapable of speech. For some reason, due to her breeding he is a bit more svelte than your average llama (and is normally shaved, making him appear more fit anyway; she harvests his coat XD). He is rather strong and capable of running oddly fast for one in his species.
Explain relation: It's a pet, OOC and IC.
Notes: He can typically be seen wearing random articles of clothing. And is a klepto. :I

New!
IC Skill Name: Mathematic Evasion (haha, it's punny 8D)
Power Class: Intuitive/Movement
OOC Representation: Evade, eventually Somersault
Description: While sealed away, Mariella was in a constant state of lucid dreaming. All she had was time. All she had was her own mind. So she thought; thought about her experimentation, algorithms, possible upgrades for her cylinders. These thoughts repeated over and over again in her until she was sure of the answers. Being trapped within her own mind in such a way now causes her to see the world differently. She can't look at something without doing an equation in relation to the object.

Once free, she will be able to determine the trajectory of an attack. By doing so, she will be able to avoid it (if the attack is not TOO fast..). However, not using one's body for several years makes you less acquainted with it. Many booboos, owies, and scrapes will ensue until she learns to apply what she can see to her physical movements.
Explain relation: It's just a well timed evade. Like Mari, I have to work on my timing, so this will not be perfect... And she has to SEE the attack coming. She can't just dodge a random shot from behind. She may also use math for various other things, like figuring trajectory.
Notes: STORY TIME~!!!!
So there's this local guy (or at least it was on the local news, I don't know where he lives) who was in an accident, then fell into a coma. When he woke up, he was able to see everything mathematically.. in fact, he was incapable of seeing things in any other way. A LEAF could distract the man due to all its angles and lines. Another affect it had on the man is the ability to draw a perfect. Straight. Line. With these lines, he makes these intricate designs. He then sells his art to pay his daughter's college tuition. That's where the inspiration for this skill comes from, despite the fact that Mari did not hit her head to jar all of this to begin with. It means our minds are naturally capable of doing this sort of thing (though what Mari is doing isn't exactly rocket science; we do what she does every time we USE the Evade skill).

As a result of seeing things this way however, like the inspiration for the skill Mari can become distracted. She's typically in her own mind, mumbling mathematical equations to herself. If anyone doubted she was a mad scientist BEFORE...

IC Item: Customized "Breeze" Cylinder
Item Class: Item/Unique
OOC Item: Cylinder
Description: Have you ever struggled with curly, unruly hair? Do you wait forever for it to dry? Well not anymore! Introducing the new BREEZE CYLINDER! This customized wind cylinder does not fire a powerful gust of wind at you, but delivers a slow and steady breeze; just perfect for drying hair! Warning: Can not be used as a weapon. If attempted, you will be vastly disappointed and most likely overwhelmed if in an actual combat situation. Available only on the continents of Uladh, Iria, or the Dominion of Belvast if your name is Mariella/Bedelia Eir.
Effects: As stated above, it delivers a steadier breeze instead of a gust of wind due to how Mari has rigged it. While the crystal is still engaged, it is not engaged as harshly due to a recalibrated piston.
Notes: Basically, Mari just rigged one of her cylinders to do this. It has rendered it ineffective as a weapon. If she were to load a water crystal, the water would merely drip out..

IC Skill Name: Cosmetic Enchant
Power Class: Enchant
OOC Representation: Various clothing items, typically something that would be near the body part concealed.
Description: Using enchants taught to her by Kurohi, Mariella is able to hide her wings and tail.
Explain relation: It's a strictly IC enchant, though would be applied the same way any normal ES is.
Notes: The body parts are still there, but tucked very closely to Mariella's body. They don't disappear into some weird dimensional vortex.

Last edited by Mari Eir on Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 9 times in total
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New) Empty Re: Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New)

Post  Vayne Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Everything looks okay...I mean, just the same stuff except for the new one. And it all still checks out. As for the new one..it's just evade. No problem. Sure.

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New) King12
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New) Empty Re: Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New)

Post  Temo Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 am

Still no name for that skill yet? Very well...I here by dub it the Nerd-a-pult!

Also, approved. Again.

Mariella/Iraselle Powers, Restated (with some New) Jolly_11
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 am

Whoops. Named it. xD
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Edited a few things.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:11 am

Fine by me

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 am

ALL APPROVALS ARE VOIDED, ADDED ONE LAST THING! D:
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 am

NOT VOIDED D:<

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 am

Mari Eir wrote:
IC Skill:Tail Whip
Power Class: Physical/Racial/Transformation
OOC Representation: Windmill
Description: While in Dragon form, Mariella will spin around, using her tail to strike an enemy. Depending on her momentum, it may just be more of an annoyance than anything, but has the force to at least knock down an unprepared enemy.
Explain relation: As stated above, it is windmill. The HP taken out from performing the skill is due to using her tail (a weak spot) as a weapon.
Notes:None
Level 0

That's old news, get with the times~
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:16 am

I read Vorpal sword...so I went to go play some Tales of Symphonia. .w.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Bump~

My concerns still stand. Tail whip should be updated.
The title should include both Mariella and Iraselle.
I still also think Vorpal should only belong to ONE, not both.
Due to the hidden rule that we need to be able to use a skill to request it, I would rather people not have two different goddess demi-skills. Or a better limitation for it.
Also "At any give time, she is in touch with nature thus can manipulate it where she sees fit." for Iraselle, should be worded differently. This make it seem like she can MOVE nature without any resistance. It doesn't sound like it has an IC fail-safe.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Changed the title.

For Iraselle's nature thing, the failure is the same IC as it is OOC; nothing happens and she risks aggro.

Er.. brief explanation here as to why they BOTH have the sword. It's in the original thread, but clearly not in this one: Trauma. They were killed by the same sword. The sword is NOT actually the same ONE between them. There may be MINOR differences between them based off of how well they remember it, but Shehads typically feel uncomfortable around swords since they were killed by such a powerful one so easily. I'm not sure if the FULL explanation is in the first thread, but if you want more information on it look there.

As for having the skill.. I have both skillsets for both characters. But Iraselle is a body alt, not the actual char, thus having Demi capabilities. At the time, it was easier than creating two separate chars. xD;
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Mari Eir wrote:Changed the title.

For Iraselle's nature thing, the failure is the same IC as it is OOC; nothing happens and she risks aggro.

Er.. brief explanation here as to why they BOTH have the sword. It's in the original thread, but clearly not in this one: Trauma. They were killed by the same sword. The sword is NOT actually the same ONE between them. There may be MINOR differences between them based off of how well they remember it, but Shehads typically feel uncomfortable around swords since they were killed by such a powerful one so easily. I'm not sure if the FULL explanation is in the first thread, but if you want more information on it look there.

As for having the skill.. I have both skillsets for both characters. But Iraselle is a body alt, not the actual char, thus having Demi capabilities. At the time, it was easier than creating two separate chars. xD;

I think it should be stated here. Makes organization purtier. And I don't really have a complain about it.
My only 'big' concern is the wording of the other one. (See the comment above yours)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Thus why I am stating it in this thread now. xD I suppose I'll go so far as to edit the original post if people are too lazy to scroll down later on. *Would be too lazy to scroll down later on.*
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue May 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Blah blah, as long as skills can be demonstrated blah blah..approved, still.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down