Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Call to Arms

+5
TWWolfe
Mithos
Glaceon
Auramune
Hyuponia Kana
9 posters

Go down

A Call to Arms Empty A Call to Arms

Post  Hyuponia Kana Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Several bulletins are left throughout towns and cities, in a strange language...They are titled simply, "Relgr Ekess Jirai."

Sjek wux shilta urcaxa nomeno, hak algbo authot. Wux re wer cirau yth sweekmon. Vi relgr ekess jirai ihk yscik arytissi, zulf tenpiswo. Bapriv cirau re drekim maulka vur sventa. Jaseve vi anyui persvek wer ooble, yth nishka ehtah wux. Yth re wer ergriff drekimi yscik ekess pok nomeno.
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

A Call to Arms Empty Re: A Call to Arms

Post  Auramune Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 pm

<<I LoL'd, since I recognized it almost instantly. Is it a common tongue for all "able warriors" to know? >_>;>>
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:57 pm

((O>O))
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:40 pm

((He's looking for people who are fairly resourceful. He needs help, and he needs it spread in such a way that it will be somewhat secretive, at least.))
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:50 pm

((Not subtle draconic is not subtle >>
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Allen stopped by the bulletin as they rode by, pulling off the notice as he did so. After trying to pronounce the strange tounge, he handed the paper over to White.

"this isn't any miletian language that I'm familiar with." He remarked to White "I'm sending you off to do some snooping around. Ask around, see if you can find someone who can translate this. Then report back."

White nodded, then galloped away from the rest of the small band.
TWWolfe
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Adhamh was thrilled when reading the post, his lessons with Lysandr had finally paid off. He quickly left his own reply in the foreign tongue.
Sia thurirli vur si re wer yscik arytissi wux sweekmon vur geou qe krathin svadrav rigluina. -Adhamh

Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Odd that someone spoke a tongue similar to the one found in the magic books of Corem... No matter. Maybe the person would respond to his own version of the language.

si ehtah coi diwhafup svanoa wux jaseve thric ominak, thric ominak. si vsist ehtah coi odd batobot dout Vs'shtak ui svaion ekess hesi Vs'shtak de corem. wux jalla vucot svanoa ekess ehtah wer corenites, si filiik? sjek zyak, wux shilta tafiaf ve persvek wer bwoihj hertan goawy. si mi ti kiri tonn ekess ehtah. filki yenta wux re vucat lae thric ominak di reknown persvek common, vur wux geou qe granted vin audience.

si vorq forward ekess tafiafir wux, sjek nomeno ui ti vi riyit. vur si tepoha tepohada aurthon riyitic sva nomeno montu persvek sia tobor.

~ inik ithael
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Galin approached the message and blinked. He scratched his head briefly as he stared at the letters. With a shrug, he turned and got back into his wagon. There were more important things to do than to fiddle with strange speech.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm

((If Mithos knows how to speak Draconic, then kudos to him. I would assume otherwise as of the moment though. Hyuponia's trying to use his age as leverage.))

Periodically, a strange mimic would appear and devour the notes left by individuals on the board. How would it accomplish this..? By knocking the entire thing down first. It would promptly disappear after it's mission is accomplished with a bizarre series of clicking and gurgling. The vandalism occurs during early morning hours, generally when guards have finished passing in their rounds.

Hyuponia would later receive his replies...Adhamh's reaction was expected; though appreciated to say the least. But the real prize would be in the gem of Zachary Dellinger's own response. He recognized the pseudonym almost immediately and drew in a breath.

So I caught his attention then..? I wonder how much he is already aware of. If they have launched an investigation I could bring this to a close rather speedily..And if not, better inform them of the threat. I doubt he would have bothered if it were of no concern to him.

Hyuponia would have to trek out to the desert then in hunt of the Dunewyrm. He wasn't sure where he would start when there; but hopefully his tracking skills could be put to some use. He had encountered some of the bandits once before, despite how secretively they operated almost in plain sight. There was always a lead, somewhere. He would find it hopefully with Iraselle's help..
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Krystal saw the note and paused, pondering it. She recognized the text... well mostly. She only knew it from others she knew, and even that was saying something. She only could make out the title and a few other details and she wasn't exactly good at speaking it yet (Just like other languages), so most of the comment was hard to get, but she did know the jist
So...who do I know that would put this note.
She would watch to see what would happen, a note prepared with her reply. Though she didn't know how to write in the tongue of the language used, she would use something else that most didn't learn easily either. Fomorian.

(Translated in Common, it would read)
To whom it concerns,
I can recognize the language you use and the main idea of the note, but because I am still just learning the language, I cannot write well in it. So I send to you this reply, hoping that the one who needs to read this will read it. If you want to see me at one point, let me know.
-Krystal

She nodded, only bothering to state her intent in the letter, rather than mention any details. Weather or not the mimic that had been coming would arrive and take her letter when she gave it was up for grabs. If it didn't, she would burn the letter later to keep it from getting out.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down