Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stated Facts of Milliteans

+4
Glaceon
Mari Eir
Auramune
Xeek
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stated Facts of Milliteans - Page 3 Empty Re: Stated Facts of Milliteans

Post  Auramune Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

In an unfortunate event, all but one of their kind and their children were wiped out by a plague brought by Cichol and Morrighan, as they had abused the Caliburn. Shakespeare tried to warn them, however the Partholons did not listen to him. The Partholon that had survived became vengeful and tried to exterminate the Gods while attempting to revive his race. The children that survived whom led by Shakespeare became the Tuatha de Danann.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 am

This thread is meant to have spoiler... and... question....
Cor can't be partholons, because they didn't fight in the war of Sen mag.

Also, Aura quoted the wiki.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Partholon
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 am

One question.. is it said that Vindi people are Tuathan?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 am

Partholon: Partholons are the earliest known clan of Humans on the Uladh continent and the ancestors of Tuatha de Dananns.

Tuatha de Danann: Tuatha de Dananns refers to a clan of Humans that are native to Erinn and mostly reside on the Uladh continent. Human (as well as Elf and Giant) player created characters are called Milletians while most Human NPCs on the Uladh continent appear to be Tuatha de Dananns. Not all Humans native to Erinn or even the Uladh continent are from the Tuatha de Danann clan, that is, there are other Human clans. Tuatha de Dananns are the descendants of the earlier Partholon clan which lived in northern Uladh. Note that, some in-game books use other spellings of Tuatha de Danann, such as, Tuatha Dé Danann, Tuatha de Danaan and Tuatha de Denaan. Tuatha Dé Danann appears to be the correct spelling for the real-world Irish mythology, according to searches on Google and Wikipedia, but Nexon predominately uses Tuatha de Danann in-game.

If I had to guess, Shakespeare gave them the Tuatha De Danann name. Maybe even carried over from the "real world." But that's just a guess and totally irrelevant.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:12 am

Blah. My answer didn't post. I'll post tomorrow when I'm not blarging over this x_x
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Just out of curiosity, I honestly don't think that the "Milletians can not have any broken bones" makes much sense. I mean, if that is true, that means if like a boulder fell on them or something and they can never escape, they wouldn't feel much pain, unless the bones bend like play-doe, or it feels like you scraped your leg. I get you can die hard enough from a blow to the head since it can damage the brain, but, what if one was sliced at the end? If their bones cannot break, then they shouldn't be able to be cut, fractured, shattered, or anything. Which doesn't make sense. I get Milletians have more abilities than the Tuathans but, it should be "The bones are more durable" instead of them not being able to break at all. I get it said it in a book or whatever, but maybe it was talking about it in an OOC way? I mean since you play as Tuathans in some RP dungeons or experience them during the generations, it shows getting hurt badly, or death by a blow or something. (I say OOC way because sometimes they say things like "To rest, click use on the skill tab")
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Cyler wrote:Just out of curiosity, I honestly don't think that the "Milletians can not have any broken bones" makes much sense. I mean, if that is true, that means if like a boulder fell on them or something and they can never escape, they wouldn't feel much pain, unless the bones bend like play-doe, or it feels like you scraped your leg. I get you can die hard enough from a blow to the head since it can damage the brain, but, what if one was sliced at the end? If their bones cannot break, then they shouldn't be able to be cut, fractured, shattered, or anything. Which doesn't make sense. I get Milletians have more abilities than the Tuathans but, it should be "The bones are more durable" instead of them not being able to break at all. I get it said it in a book or whatever, but maybe it was talking about it in an OOC way? I mean since you play as Tuathans in some RP dungeons or experience them during the generations, it shows getting hurt badly, or death by a blow or something. (I say OOC way because sometimes they say things like "To rest, click use on the skill tab")

Are you talking about the rest books? I don't have much knowledge on them. But no broken bones doesn't mean you won't be hurt.
Back to the boulder scenario, if a boulder fell on someone one of two things are likely to happen.
If the ground is soft, you are going to hurt a lot, but eventually your bones will sink into the ground, only brutally harming the skin, mainly from the speed and weight of the boulder.
If the ground is hard, the boulder will stay crushing your leg, basically causing eternal pain until your nerves and skin are ripped off the bones, or something similar. + The damage from the speed and weight of the rock.

Though, I highly agree with you on the bones deal. But I am a high believe on in-game giving information. Books are usually reliable, though they can be theories. I understand that this can be highly over powered.

Give me a few days and I'll read them, if not you can always just request to the council to try and over turn the book's info.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 pm

I believe the book said their bones don't break easily, however it's still fully possible, in my opinion, to break a Milletians bone if enough stress is put on it. I recently had Glacia land on her back, in kitty form, from a fall, and she is currently paralyzed from about the waist down. However, due to the nature of Milletians, since we can easily heal wounds with bandages, I'd say it's possible that broken bones heal up within a day (month ingame) since maybe it's safe to assume Milletians heal faster than Tuathans?

EDIT: Nice info about the healing skill in General from "Quick Effective First Aid"

ons or the Healing skill treats wounds by revitalizing the body's life force. That is why, once the injury has reached a serious status, no amount of Healing or potions will cure the wound. First Aid allows the body to enter the state of 'Allowing the acceleration of healing from outside force.' Which means First Aid isn't just an act of adaption of circumstances, but a base for future treatments.

Okay, upon reading the books, it would seem as though the books teach how to properly treat fractured bones and heavy wounds. So it is same to say Milletians, since we get the skill upgrades by reading the books, follow the same procedure. I think (will reread) that it said we heal faster, but that does not make us exempt from breaking a bone.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 pm

I'd say it takes a lot more to break their bones than a Tuatha. Since we would be Tuatha in theory, we probably shouldn't relate them too closely to us.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:58 am

Iraselle Majaktobor wrote:I'd say it takes a lot more to break their bones than a Tuatha. Since we would be Tuatha in theory, we probably shouldn't relate them too closely to us.
Haven't you seen Price? >_>

While I know in RP quest a Tuathan behaves similar to a Millitean, I think that is all game mechanics. Tuathans are said to be weaker, less aggressive, and well.. more die...able then Millitean. Which is why Milliteans were brought, since they are a supirior race.
Honestly, if you play a Tuathan, Erinn-born, or Fomorian you should know the risk you are taking.

While there is a lot of Tuathan characters who can beat Milliteans, it can easily be explained by the Tuathan being strong/faster than the Millitean.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:29 am

Xeek wrote:Honestly, if you play a Tuathan, Erinn-born, or Fomorian you should know the risk you are taking.

If you take Milletian, you should know the risk you are taking, too >_>... -Coughcough-
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 am

Mithos wrote:
Xeek wrote:Honestly, if you play a Tuathan, Erinn-born, or Fomorian you should know the risk you are taking.

If you take Milletian, you should know the risk you are taking, too >_>... -Coughcough-

WELL, on normal circumstances Razz
Either way, playing a Tuathan would be like RPing in any other game.
Honestly, if you die tough luck?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3