Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayii's Powers

+7
Krystal
Honeko
Temo
Glaceon
Higura
Adhamh
Remmiel
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayii's Powers Empty Mayii's Powers

Post  Remmiel Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Well I thought I would save time by posting everything in one convient easy place. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers...
Also is this site's e-mail notification system down? I didn't get a single e-mail about posts to the Mayii Thread.
Anywhere here is Mayii's powers, copied from the other thread.
Powers: I have many powers. Most of which I can not use because of my willing incarseration, these I can use.
Command Coyotes - Any Coyote or Coyote souled being who I know the name of is my creature to command
Create Coyote Souls - I can create the souls of a Ma'ii, Ma'ii Tso, Ma'ii Tsotsei
Pack Telepathy - I can commune with my pack and my pack can commune among themselves as my gift to them. Though it does take a small effort for them to do this, thus while doing it they can not be fighting and talking is hardly advisable.
See threw the eyes of Other Coyotes - I can see threw my people's eyes any one of them that I know the name of I can use their senses as if they were mine.
Grant Favor - I can grant a favor to a mortal. Kinda like granting a wish, this wish may be carried out by me, or any memeber of my pack. If that pack member can not fulfill it, even if it was requested of them and they die or leave the pack, it will pass on to who ever fill in their place. I can not abide leave a favor owed going unpaid.
Control Malady - A nice little power allowing me to curse a person with anything fron disentary to diabities, or lunacy. Sadly I have to get the permission of the three flat chested bimbos to use this power as I am in prison [Read Upper level permission, or permission of person I am roleplaying with as this is a Mega power here.]
Induce Coyote Fever - My Favorit curse. some of Coyote Fever's symptoms are Chemical additiction, mood swings, and Sexual Addiction. Basicly if it's an addiction you go it. People who get this usaly end up killing themselves in shame. Again I need the three bimbos to agree for me to use it. [see Contorl Malady for what that means OOC]
Summon Shadow of Mayii - My friends, and family, and Pack in the mortal world can summon me at their leasure. Well not me me. My soul has to stay here in prison but they can summon my shadow. Which I can then puppet. My shadow can not do harm in the mortal world, unless a person wants me to. It's more or less a projection in space. It has no mass and no matter, makeing it less than a ghost. To summon me a person needs the following. EIther a Coyote stone charm given them by me. Or a coyote form for my shadow to inhabbit (often a plush toy in Rem's Case). They then need to use the proper incantation.
If you have a coyote stone.
Mayii, Mayii, Mayii.
Without.
Ma'ii, Ma'ii Hago, Ma'ii Hago Dis'ne'! [Coyote, Coyote Come, Coyote Come Now!]
[For more information on Mayii Do a google Search on Ma'ii, Navajo Coyote, Navajo Coyote Stories, and Coyote Fever].
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Mayii's Powers Empty Re: Mayii's Powers

Post  Adhamh Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Remmiel wrote:
Command Coyotes - Any Coyote or Coyote souled being who I know the name of is my creature to command

Mmk. What do you mean by coyote that you know the name of? How would you go about controlling them with in-game mechanics?

Create Coyote Souls - I can create the souls of a Ma'ii, Ma'ii Tso, Ma'ii Tsotsei

Again, representation ICly? And I don't think creation of souls is allowed.

Pack Telepathy - I can commune with my pack and my pack can commune among themselves as my gift to them. Though it does take a small effort for them to do this, thus while doing it they can not be fighting and talking is hardly advisable.

Representation? I presume it'll involve the party chat method?

See threw the eyes of Other Coyotes - I can see threw my people's eyes any one of them that I know the name of I can use their senses as if they were mine.

I don't think this one can work. It's basically a meta-gaming power. It's as if you were in one place, and one of your people somewhere else and you know what they see/hear/know without them actually telling you.

Grant Favor - I can grant a favor to a mortal. Kinda like granting a wish, this wish may be carried out by me, or any memeber of my pack. If that pack member can not fulfill it, even if it was requested of them and they die or leave the pack, it will pass on to who ever fill in their place. I can not abide leave a favor owed going unpaid.

This one, do you mean if "Person1" requests a particular item, you can "grant" it to them by retrieving it for them? Also, what if the person "wishes" for world domination? Or anything similar to that?

Control Malady - A nice little power allowing me to curse a person with anything fron disentary to diabities, or lunacy. Sadly I have to get the permission of the three flat chested bimbos to use this power as I am in prison [Read Upper level permission, or permission of person I am roleplaying with as this is a Mega power here.]

What do you mean permission of "flat chested bimbos"? Who are they? Also, how would Dysentery or Diabetes be represented in-game?

Induce Coyote Fever - My Favorit curse. some of Coyote Fever's symptoms are Chemical additiction, mood swings, and Sexual Addiction. Basicly if it's an addiction you go it. People who get this usaly end up killing themselves in shame. Again I need the three bimbos to agree for me to use it. [see Contorl Malady for what that means OOC]

Again, "bimbos"? And...also like the last skill, how would those symptoms be represented? I'm not sure these sorta powers are approved of.

Summon Shadow of Mayii - My friends, and family, and Pack in the mortal world can summon me at their leasure. Well not me me. My soul has to stay here in prison but they can summon my shadow. Which I can then puppet. My shadow can not do harm in the mortal world, unless a person wants me to. It's more or less a projection in space. It has no mass and no matter, makeing it less than a ghost. To summon me a person needs the following. EIther a Coyote stone charm given them by me. Or a coyote form for my shadow to inhabbit (often a plush toy in Rem's Case). They then need to use the proper incantation.
Mayii, Mayii, Mayii.
Without.
[For more information on Mayii Do a google Search on Ma'ii, Navajo Coyote, Navajo Coyote Stories, and Coyote Fever].

Where -is- this character exactly (As in, what do you mean by "mortal world" and "jail"? Also, if this character is less than a ghost, then how can they harm someone/something because of a person's will?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Adhamh wrote:
Remmiel wrote:

Mmk. What do you mean by coyote that you know the name of? How would you go about controlling them with in-game mechanics?
A Coyote that has a name. In Errin that is rare, to date there are 3. This is a matter of he gives an order and the player does it. This is an NPC not an alt.

Again, representation ICly? And I don't think creation of souls is allowed.
This is repsented ICly when someone Roleplays and descides to recieve a Coyote soul. This power has 0 effect in game.

Representation? I presume it'll involve the party chat method?
Correct.

I don't think this one can work. It's basically a meta-gaming power. It's as if you were in one place, and one of your people somewhere else and you know what they see/hear/know without them actually telling you.
For an NPC fairly Standard though. Plus it involves him knowing WHO to look threw. As there are 3 options. He can't look threw everyone at the same time.

This one, do you mean if "Person1" requests a particular item, you can "grant" it to them by retrieving it for them? Also, what if the person "wishes" for world domination? Or anything similar to that?
If Person A who was granted a favor asked for an event such as "kill everyone in Tir", and cashes in their favor with a pack memember that Pack member must do that action, unless they find a way to weedle out of it. But yes if a person requested an item than going on a dungeon run to get that 1 item wold work for a favor as well.

What do you mean permission of "flat chested bimbos"? Who are they? Also, how would Dysentery or Diabetes be represented in-game?
The Flat Chested Bimbos are Macha, Morighean, and the Godess of Light who's name starts with an N but escapes me right now. As for Representation, it's a matter of Roleplay. Pure plain simple role play.

Again, "bimbos"? And...also like the last skill, how would those symptoms be represented? I'm not sure these sorta powers are approved of.
These symptoms are Represented with good old fashioned Roleplay. As for the bimbos see above.

Mayii, Mayii, Mayii.
Without.

Where -is- this character exactly (As in, what do you mean by "mortal world" and "jail"? Also, if this character is less than a ghost, then how can they harm someone/something because of a person's will?
This NPC is not on Errin the Jail is not in the material world, it is a cursed location created by the Three Goddesses to Punish Old Man Coyote for his incolence and rudeness. As to how he can harm someone when being less than a ghost is because the person believes it and wants to beleive it. Watch the Matrix, it's basic pyschology. If you beleive something is real enough, than your body will react to it like it is.
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Higura Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:41 am

Mm.. The thing I see the biggest issue with, or what stands out to me the most is the telepathy thing.

I thought mind powers were absolutely un-allowed?
Higura
Higura
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:02 am

Rule 2 I believe states NO PSYCHIC POWERS. However, telepathy among just coyotes through party chat might be acceptable.

Also, a few of these things seem godmoddish/metagame-ish to me. I hope with the curses you are also getting other player permission as well, otherwise I'm gonna have to draw the red flag for a higher-up.

Just remember, anything you do to the player that can harm them greatly is going to need permission from the other player to let it happen to them. Basic rules.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 am

Actually, that's more of a major common courtesy than an actual rule I believe; but yes there is that to consider. Out of everything I've seen, this is the best advice I can offer about everything listed as far as the rules go.

1. Everything needs a way to be displayed in Mabinogi. If there is no way you can think of to do so, it cannot be allowed. Sorry, but that's a very important rule that is required of everybody in the guild.

2. Rules clearly state there are to be no god-like characters of any sort. I'm fairly sure this includes the creation of life of any sort, so I don't know if the making coyotes or their souls is going to fly. Now summoning something that's already in existence may be fine, but if doing that, it would need to follow 1. of what I said. (For instance, a coyote pet, or something similar since I don't think that's even one of the critters in the pet store.)

3. As Glacia said, Rule 2 - No psychic powers. This definitely includes telepathy, possessions of any sort (outside of your own character being possessed by some funky spirit, though this is also not recommended), or abilities that would otherwise mess with somebody's head or body to manipulate them to your will via powers of the mind or spirit.

4. As I said in 2, god, god-like characters, or greater powers-that-be are strictly forbidden. I am aware of a few we've had in RPS in the past; but the problem with those were they were flying under the radar. They were also needing to be removed when it finally came to council's attention and Mayii would be no exception to the rules.

Honestly, I am not comfortable with things listed as they are, but I can see a few ways to integrate them into Mabinogi to the point where they can work and should be accepted. These are going to need some major editing, a few omissions, and a good deal of work. Keep in mind. Keyword - integrate. That's a very important thing that everybody with a power needs to be able to do, as that is all that these special powers are - player's imagination jazzing up everyday in-game skills.

And as far as what I've heard about these already being used in-game when they weren't approved and accepted by other players? That should not have happened and should not continue happening. It's things like this that leave complaints being filed to officers, which is double bad because they're things that should not have even happened and just add to overall stress for everybody when officers gotta put everything on hold to figure out what's going on. Not to mention what the ones with the complaints have to go through. Everybody gets grumpy and agitated, and end up saying/doing a lot of what they don't like doing to set things right. pale Please be kind to your fellow RPS players. Stay up to date with the rules and follow them so we do not have any future incidents like this.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 am

Temo wrote:Actually, that's more of a major common courtesy than an actual rule I believe; but yes there is that to consider. Out of everything I've seen, this is the best advice I can offer about everything listed as far as the rules go.

1. Everything needs a way to be displayed in Mabinogi. If there is no way you can think of to do so, it cannot be allowed. Sorry, but that's a very important rule that is required of everybody in the guild.

2. Rules clearly state there are to be no god-like characters of any sort. I'm fairly sure this includes the creation of life of any sort, so I don't know if the making coyotes or their souls is going to fly. Now summoning something that's already in existence may be fine, but if doing that, it would need to follow 1. of what I said. (For instance, a coyote pet, or something similar since I don't think that's even one of the critters in the pet store.)

3. As Glacia said, Rule 2 - No psychic powers. This definitely includes telepathy, possessions of any sort (outside of your own character being possessed by some funky spirit, though this is also not recommended), or abilities that would otherwise mess with somebody's head or body to manipulate them to your will via powers of the mind or spirit.

4. As I said in 2, god, god-like characters, or greater powers-that-be are strictly forbidden. I am aware of a few we've had in RPS in the past; but the problem with those were they were flying under the radar. They were also needing to be removed when it finally came to council's attention and Mayii would be no exception to the rules.

Honestly, I am not comfortable with things listed as they are, but I can see a few ways to integrate them into Mabinogi to the point where they can work and should be accepted. These are going to need some major editing, a few omissions, and a good deal of work. Keep in mind. Keyword - integrate. That's a very important thing that everybody with a power needs to be able to do, as that is all that these special powers are - player's imagination jazzing up everyday in-game skills.

And as far as what I've heard about these already being used in-game when they weren't approved and accepted by other players? That should not have happened and should not continue happening. It's things like this that leave complaints being filed to officers, which is double bad because they're things that should not have even happened and just add to overall stress for everybody when officers gotta put everything on hold to figure out what's going on. Not to mention what the ones with the complaints have to go through. Everybody gets grumpy and agitated, and end up saying/doing a lot of what they don't like doing to set things right. pale Please be kind to your fellow RPS players. Stay up to date with the rules and follow them so we do not have any future incidents like this.
Actualy A massive amount is already reprsented in game.
Diabities or the abilitiy to give it is reprsented by the other players hunger stat and willingness to roleplay this. All the other player has to do is agree and keep their hunger above 60%. Again this is something done with the other players Permission, so they are already consenting to it before it happens.

And of course they were used in game already. That is how one Tests things. I wouldn't post a power up here that I hadn't tested first to see if it was too much, or causes an unnessisary strain, as well as being withing the limits of a PC or NPC's. Remember this isn't ment to Be a Player Character, this is a Helpful, advisor type None Player Character. Using untested unperfected power for such a position would be as a whole unadvisable, to down right foolish, and extreemly rude to my fellow Role Players.

The powers were chosen as to allow this NPC the requisit degree of knowelge and interaction with players, giving him the knowelge level of a Duncan as to what the PC's involved in the roleplays with him need to know.
When summoned into the world, you get to talk to a and you use the stone you get to talk to a 2 inch tall shadow. If permission to visit him is granted his Prison is reprsented by the Alby Arena.
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 am

I'm pretty sure you are NEVER to even test powers before they are approved. And a bunch of this stuff you ever said yourself was pure role play, so it -isn't- represented in game. Sorry to burst your bubble. And if it is represented, make sure to state HOW it is.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:15 am

By represented in game we mean actual skills and stats within the game. And you're openly admitting to not following the proper procedures when it comes to posting powers before you use them.

All psychic powers are unallowed. This has been a rule since the beginning of RPS.

You are writing this character as an immortal. This is not possible. We have not allowed anyone to utilize actual godhood powers. Also all of these psychic powers rely on the other people's willingness to RP it as being able to be shown IC. This is not what we mean. What skill do you even have that can represent it?

But most importantly, this whole coyote concept doesn't even fit in the Mabinogi continuity. There are no other places in the soul stream. There is no hell. There is no evidence of these things (and no evidence there isn't is no excuse). You're writing this like these are fact and not up for discussion. NPCs controlled by players follow the same rules or even stricter rules than PCs and have to follow through the exact same procedures as everyone else.

The rules are in place for a reason. They are not to be ignored for any reason. Please try to work with us on these powers, and we can perhaps figure out a way that they will be acceptable. As they stand, they will not work.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 am

Truth be told, I believe we just need some tweaking, as Temo said. A lot of this can be represented ICly, and might I add that we have had powers approved in the past that allow telepathy. I won't state names but it has been allowed. Plus immortal could mean Millitean to us. We have no idea weather or not an immortal dies and wakes up a few minutes later... or if they just can't die period, as there's no evidence of one. Supposedly Milliteans aren't even able to die. It's supposed to be an impossibility.

That being said, I think we do need to re work it a bit, and alter a few things. I don't think Rem means any harm with these powers, and it's more of a way to help make a RP more interesting. So I think if we can rework em a bit and alter a few things we can show it in-game, and this process would be smoother.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Remmiel wrote:
Actualy A massive amount is already reprsented in game.
Diabities or the abilitiy to give it is reprsented by the other players hunger stat and willingness to roleplay this. All the other player has to do is agree and keep their hunger above 60%. Again this is something done with the other players Permission, so they are already consenting to it before it happens.
1) How does one get the power to give diseases?
2) How does he give them diseases
3) You are saying... Rem is a God? Due to the fact he creates a power not even close to anything in Erinn. Erinn has no to little diseases. And the sickness we think exist, we aren't sure about. Why would the gods allow Rem to hold such power?

And of course they were used in game already. That is how one Tests things. I wouldn't post a power up here that I hadn't tested first to see if it was too much, or causes an unnessisary strain, as well as being withing the limits of a PC or NPC's. Remember this isn't ment to Be a Player Character, this is a Helpful, advisor type None Player Character. Using untested unperfected power for such a position would be as a whole unadvisable, to down right foolish, and extreemly rude to my fellow Role Players.
man... those were some intense testing eh? Because, you've been using those powers for quite a long time. I guess it's my fault for not noticing earlier, but you have used the "shadow summon" and the "favor" thing since a very long time. Testing is a one time use to see if the power would work, how do people react. Not using it until you get busted.

The powers were chosen as to allow this NPC the requisit degree of knowelge and interaction with players, giving him the knowelge level of a Duncan as to what the PC's involved in the roleplays with him need to know.
When summoned into the world, you get to talk to a and you use the stone you get to talk to a 2 inch tall shadow. If permission to visit him is granted his Prison is reprsented by the Alby Arena.

No, these powers were chosen to god-XXXX and meta-game. As they clearly out power even gods in Erinn. And you have not shown an OOC representation for any of them. You talk about "Rule 0" how a moderator should know when to allow certain things. Well to me, you are using "Rule 0" for YOUR enjoyment. Making your character so much stronger than he really is OOC.

Also, just so you know, any power approved here is able to be requested by any other member. Are you saying, I should make a "Dragon" clan and control all dragon in Erinn? because, hey, I would. Now, to explain to you, power by power why they can't be allowed.

Powers: I have many powers. Most of which I can not use because of my willing incarseration, these I can use.

You have to post any powers you may use, even the ones you may "test" BEFORE you test them
This is puppeteering. And there is no way, you can show the powers of every coyote in the game with your character. Again, what if I could control any dragon in the game?

Creating souls? A power we aren't sure that even gods can do. Why should Rem get it?

This looks to me like a tool of meta-gaming. Transferring OOC information between pack members and making them seem IC.

You me.. through? and... another tool of meta-gaming.

I have two problems with this one, one of them is personal. Tac is complaining that his debt was never paid off.
For the record, if someone wishes for money, and someone else wishes you didn't owe them money. The person who wished for the money still didn't get his money, so it's not paid off.
The other is, what if they wish for something impossible? Like for them to sprout wings and fly in to the soon and bring them a piece of sun?

Curses don't even exist in Mabinogi. I've faught the king of gods (OOC) and he didn't use any curses or any diseases. Why should Rem get a power gods don't have? And these diseases don't even exist in Erinn. And... you can't show the damage OOC. As soon as you transform or level up, you'll be cured? If being hungry is your OOC representation. And who are the tree bimbos?

See above

What you are saying.. Rem is powerful enough to hurt someone as a shadow? And where is he? Don't tell me he is in "hell" as you've said before. And how will you represent this OOC? Since he has to be a shadow, and summonable in dungeons and other places.

See Rem, what you've created is a character you can't back up OOC. Yes, role playing is IC, but you need to have a balance in Strenght because what you are saying. is that Remmiel can take on any dungeon. Just curse everyone and get his army of coyotes after them. As I've said before, this is only fun for you and maybe your clan, nobody else.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Krystal wrote:Truth be told, I believe we just need some tweaking, as Temo said. A lot of this can be represented ICly, and might I add that we have had powers approved in the past that allow telepathy. I won't state names but it has been allowed. Plus immortal could mean Millitean to us. We have no idea weather or not an immortal dies and wakes up a few minutes later... or if they just can't die period, as there's no evidence of one. Supposedly Milliteans aren't even able to die. It's supposed to be an impossibility.

No, what has been approved before is a method of setting up a communication. They have an online chatroom in their head. Which it's just a way to approve meta-gaming. And if gods can die, milliteans can die as well. We not immortal, we are just "less mortal than others". And most of these powers are outrageously powerful. More powerful than Rem can show.

That being said, I think we do need to re work it a bit, and alter a few things. I don't think Rem means any harm with these powers, and it's more of a way to help make a RP more interesting. So I think if we can rework em a bit and alter a few things we can show it in-game, and this process would be smoother.

Is not only about Rem, because we approve it for Rem, we need to approve it for someone else. What if I wanted these powers for a dragon clan? Would you let me control every dragon? Would you let me create super powerful diseases? Would you let me create a soul of a dragon? If we Rem ever wants to abuse them, he has used them without approval, so I am sure he would abuse him if he wanted it, what happens then?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Um... I believe people are ignoring one simple fact. A lot of things here are violating the rules. Explicitly, some of the powers would need major tweaking to work. Think about about it this way; creating souls? God-like. But, how about this?

-Powers that have not been approved are not permitted for use. Note that power-usage without approval will result in the above. If you state you are testing powers at request, lee-way shall be given. However, this is not cause to RP with your powers all the time while the approval process is going through. This will facilitate the actual use of this forum and the regulation of powers.
-If you don’t ask, you lose power privileges until you do.

((the above: -If the new powers are not reported then all extraordinary powers and abilities will be stripped until everything has been submitted in a proper format. Please avoid this.))

As you have explicitly violated this rule, on several occasions, you have demonstrated an extreme disregard of the rules. From what I have seen on the forums, questions get asked a lot and you have danced around the answers until you wrote your bio. What reasons do you have for demonstrating such blatant disregard for the guild rules? From what I see, you do not deserve powers, as you feel the need to bypass the rules that everyone else can operate by. Can you defend your ability to have powers? Why should we give you this Xth chance?

Btw, please allow Rem to respond before you post.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Temo:
These powers aren't for Rem. They are for the NPC Mayii. Mayii exists as a "Wise Old Man" Arcetype. Basicly a Duncan for peole to interact with to Vent their concers to. Rem GET's 0 of these powers. I have said this is for an NPC several times, not a PC.

Dell:
The mayii NPC has been in playtest for a while, building and Fleshing out it's story. I haven't posted it up here before because there was at first only 3 people involved in the play test. That number has grown to 5. Since it has grown I figured it was about time to put up the NPC on the forum to officaly anounce it's existance. Much like how Tony Stark did not want to patent the Iron Man Armor because Patents are public knowlege I did not involve people with the Mayii NPC unless I felt they could help test and flesh him out. Now that he is indead public knowelge people can come to him when they want to get advice, or talk things out. At least once the rubber stamping has finished.

Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm

There's no difference, Rem. Even NPCs we create aren't supposed to get these kinds of abilities and have to go through the same channels as every other character.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

I think what you're forgetting to realize is that playtesting is only okay to work out powers AFTER they've been approved.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Xeek wrote: man... those were some intense testing eh? Because, you've been using those powers for quite a long time. I guess it's my fault for not noticing earlier, but you have used the "shadow summon" and the "favor" thing since a very long time. Testing is a one time use to see if the power would work, how do people react. Not using it until you get busted.
The shadow summons, for example, changed every time, it wasn't until mid November oct/nov that I finaly got a verison I liked, until then it was used as I was still hammering out details.
Xeek wrote: No, these powers were chosen to god-XXXX and meta-game. As they clearly out power even gods in Erinn. And you have not shown an OOC representation for any of them. You talk about "Rule 0" how a moderator should know when to allow certain things. Well to me, you are using "Rule 0" for YOUR enjoyment. Making your character so much stronger than he really is OOC.

Also, just so you know, any power approved here is able to be requested by any other member. Are you saying, I should make a "Dragon" clan and control all dragon in Erinn? because, hey, I would. Now, to explain to you, power by power why they can't be allowed.
Providing the "Dragons" are willing players willing to accept quests from you, then yes go ahead and create a Bahamut or Tiamat NPC who will give players a richer deeper experiance by invoving player quests, and Roleplay quests into the "Dragon Clan" members play experiance. Remember though that these powers are NPC only not PC level and should never be used by a PC.

[quote="Mayii"] Powers: I have many powers. Most of which I can not use because of my willing incarseration, these I can use.

Xeek wrote:You have to post any powers you may use, even the ones you may "test" BEFORE you test them
THe powers mentioned above would be a bit out of wack even for a NPC in Errin, that is why I said He can not use them, EVER, but hinting that he has greater power than what is being seen. Most of it stolen from him by the Godesses to keep his prison in exiance and his soul from falling into the void.
This is puppeteering. And there is no way, you can show the powers of every coyote in the game with your character. Again, what if I could control any dragon in the game?
So long as those "Dragons" were "Willing Players" and the Control was "Player Quests" and the Controling figure was an NPC, then go for it, again nothing to stop you.

Xeek wrote:Creating souls? A power we aren't sure that even gods can do. Why should Rem get it?
Rem Doesn't get it, as Staited above these powers are for an NPC not a PC. Also the Creation of Coyote Soul is how people are "Inducted" into the coyote clan.

This looks to me like a tool of meta-gaming. Transferring OOC information between pack members and making them seem IC.[/qote]

You me.. through? and... another tool of meta-gaming.
More a tool of plot development but yes there is a bit of wiggle room for abuse I suppose, Remember this is for a NPC not an PC. So it's not like every coyote gets this power. Also not like a trickster figure who is often defeated by himself and shere boredom at his plans sucesses is going to sit around "Watching TV" TV in this case being people's lives, waiting for something interesting to do. He gets a lot more amusement out of harrassing Nao.

Xeek wrote: I have two problems with this one, one of them is personal. Tac is complaining that his debt was never paid off.
For the record, if someone wishes for money, and someone else wishes you didn't owe them money. The person who wished for the money still didn't get his money, so it's not paid off.
The other is, what if they wish for something impossible? Like for them to sprout wings and fly in to the soon and bring them a piece of sun?
Ok 3 issues here, one at a time. First, though Thank you for participating in the play test of this power. Your input helped to flesh this out better I could not have hoped for a better stress test, that Incident helped to write more rules for this power than I could have hoped and helped me flesh it out till it was finished. Originaly this was intended as a way for players outside of Mayii to give eachother a "Quest".
Now on to your 1st issue. In this case I will use Dragon Ball Z as the hypothetical stance, Tac in this is the villain. A Villian wished for Immortality. The hero sealed him away on a plane of death. Awsome, he can't die but he's stuck in a world of death energy forever alive, and bored. Now what happened in your case what happened is as soon as they could the heros then wished for the villian's imortality to be rebuked, and for the villian to become mortal.
Issue 2: This is simple. The person recieving the request looks at the person makeing the request and says "Does that look like aladin's lamp to you" or something equaly snappy and maybe top it off with a "if you can't think of anything better to wish for then wish for nothing and let's get this over with."
Xeek wrote:
Curses don't even exist in Mabinogi. I've faught the king of gods (OOC) and he didn't use any curses or any diseases. Why should Rem get a power gods don't have? And these diseases don't even exist in Erinn. And... you can't show the damage OOC. As soon as you transform or level up, you'll be cured? If being hungry is your OOC representation. And who are the tree bimbos?
Transform yes, Level up no, Rebirth yes, Die and come back yes, anything that starts you off in a new body yes. Level up would just push the symptoms back, and restart it from the begining of it's course. Since trans cures all status effects in game then it would definatly clear this up. This power was created to generate a "quest" for a PC to cure themself, either going out to find a medicine, or herb, or do something for Mayii to convince him to lift the curse. Again this is for an NPC and like most of the powers they are inteneded to generate "Player Quests" or in short Roleplay experiances.

Xeek wrote:See above
See Above

Xeek wrote:What you are saying.. Rem is powerful enough to hurt someone as a shadow? And where is he? Don't tell me he is in "hell" as you've said before. And how will you represent this OOC? Since he has to be a shadow, and summonable in dungeons and other places.

See Rem, what you've created is a character you can't back up OOC. Yes, role playing is IC, but you need to have a balance in Strenght because what you are saying. is that Remmiel can take on any dungeon. Just curse everyone and get his army of coyotes after them. As I've said before, this is only fun for you and maybe your clan, nobody else.
Oh yes that terrifying army of 3 Coytoes? Yes that Army? Oh I'm sure every villian in Errin is Trembling in fear. And no, huritng people as a shadow is a matter of them "WILLING IT TO BE" They want the shadow to hurt them. Again this is basic psychology. If you beleive something is real, your body will react to it like it is. This was a concept taken to 11 in the movie the Matrix. But the principal, while taken to absurd levels, is still true. If you put your and in a fire and beleived it was a fire, and you had no reason to doubt it, and you willingingly accepted that was what would happen, and you didn't look for anyway, didn't say "No, don't let this be real" even if it is just in hte pit of yoru stomaic, and that fire was just an illusion you would still get burned. Though this is an extreem example because your brain would say, wait it doesn't feel hot, or it doesn't feel right. mainly this is in there though so the shadow can do what has been the most requested action. A hug.

More over once again Rem get's 0 of this. He's a pack member not Mayii.

The summoned coyote is 2 inches tall if summoned with the Coyote Stone. We simple use Ingame IM to reresent talking to something so small that it almost wouldn't be visable on the screen. or 4-6 inches if summoned by the incantaion into a premade body. Like a Stuffed toy shaped like a coyote.
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Honeko wrote:I think what you're forgetting to realize is that playtesting is only okay to work out powers AFTER they've been approved.
That seems backwords. Why would I waste your time getting seeking approval for something that I haven't perfected yet?

Last edited by Remmiel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Remmiel wrote:
Honeko wrote:I think what you're forgetting to realize is that playtesting is only okay to work out powers AFTER they've been approved.
That seems backwords. Why would I waste your time getting seeking approval for something that I haven't perfected yet?

In a way... it is a bit, but I think they are right. Request to test during approval process maybe.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Krystal wrote:
Remmiel wrote:

In a way... it is a bit, but I think they are right. Request to test during approval process maybe.
Ahh, then as we say in the buessness world. "Going forward, that is what I will do."
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Ok Rem, I'll be the first to tell you, you made little to no sense in replying to these. And while I may sound rude sometimes, I am trying to be. You continue to look for excuses, lie and make my heart hurt with "none sentically things" (my way of saying, things that don't make sense)

The shadow summons, for example, changed every time, it wasn't until mid November oct/nov that I finaly got a verison I liked, until then it was used as I was still hammering out details.
A test run is a one time used. You don't try out a car for month and then return it to the dealer. A test run can have many negative effects, which is why we ask to get the powers approved first.
1) If the power is not approved, how will you explain the sudden lost of the power?
2) Many people can use unapproved powers, calling them test runs.
3)It's against the rules.

Providing the "Dragons" are willing players willing to accept quests from you, then yes go ahead and create a Bahamut or Tiamat NPC who will give players a richer deeper experiance by invoving player quests, and Roleplay quests into the "Dragon Clan" members play experiance. Remember though that these powers are NPC only not PC level and should never be used by a PC.

No, you said any coyote, EVEN NPC monster coyotes. And even if the player lets them, it's pupeteering. Which is tabooed in MANY role-playing sites/games/boards.

THe powers mentioned above would be a bit out of wack even for a NPC in Errin, that is why I said He can not use them, EVER, but hinting that he has greater power than what is being seen. Most of it stolen from him by the Godesses to keep his prison in exiance and his soul from falling into the void.

Oh right, the goddess you controlled, and the prison you created that doesn't exist in Erinn? And Mayii is not an NPC, no matter how much you say he is. Because he is controlled by only you. So he is player controlled. (PC).

So long as those "Dragons" were "Willing Players" and the Control was "Player Quests" and the Controling figure was an NPC, then go for it, again nothing to stop you.
Same issue as above. Puppeteering, and Mayii is a PC. Just because you don't have a body for him doesn't make him NPC. It also doesn't make a good reason for him to have such power.

Rem Doesn't get it, as Staited above these powers are for an NPC not a PC. Also the Creation of Coyote Soul is how people are "Inducted" into the coyote clan.

Why does Mayii get it? How powerful is he, that he can CREATE a soul?

More a tool of plot development but yes there is a bit of wiggle room for abuse I suppose, Remember this is for a NPC not an PC. So it's not like every coyote gets this power. Also not like a trickster figure who is often defeated by himself and shere boredom at his plans sucesses is going to sit around "Watching TV" TV in this case being people's lives, waiting for something interesting to do. He gets a lot more amusement out of harrassing Nao.

No, but Mayii can transfer them the information with the power above. Which can be used for unlimited things. Information is valuable, you know.

your 1st issue. In this case I will use Dragon Ball Z as the hypothetical stance, Tac in this is the villain. A Villian wished for Immortality. The hero sealed him away on a plane of death. Awsome, he can't die but he's stuck in a world of death energy forever alive, and bored. Now what happened in your case what happened is as soon as they could the heros then wished for the villian's imortality to be rebuked, and for the villian to become mortal.
No because Tac never got his "immortality" And I'd appreciate it if you stuck to my money problem Razz. Tac's wallet is still empty. There for, he was never paid.

Transform yes, Level up no, Rebirth yes, Die and come back yes, anything that starts you off in a new body yes. Level up would just push the symptoms back, and restart it from the begining of it's course. Since trans cures all status effects in game then it would definatly clear this up. This power was created to generate a "quest" for a PC to cure themself, either going out to find a medicine, or herb, or do something for Mayii to convince him to lift the curse. Again this is for an NPC and like most of the powers they are inteneded to generate "Player Quests" or in short Roleplay experiances.

You still didn't answer how he obtained this powerful power. And why would the gods let him keep it.

Oh yes that terrifying army of 3 Coytoes? Yes that Army? Oh I'm sure every villian in Errin is Trembling in fear.
you said coyotes, that can mean monster coyotes too. Not to mention 3 is more than 1 Razz

And no, huritng people as a shadow is a matter of them "WILLING IT TO BE" They want the shadow to hurt them. Again this is basic psychology. If you beleive something is real, your body will react to it like it is. This was a concept taken to 11 in the movie the Matrix.

I've studied psychology enough to know, if you think something is going to hurt you, and you put your hand, and it doesn't hurt you. IT Won'T hurt you. Same works visa versa. If you think it won't hurt you, and it will hurt you, IT WILL hurt.

It can seem upside down. Rules are rules. And it's not like you test ran them once. You've been using them ever since TT. And I always gave you reasons why they should be approved first. (see above)

Rem, you are just making excuses for breaking the rules. Very few of your powers, if any, abide by our rules. Rules that were not set by one person. But agreed on by the council. So, I don't see how your friend can call "our leader" corrupt, when we don't have one leader. Clear'y, she doesn't know what she is talking about. And as I've told you before. If you don't like our rules, you don't have to be in our guild. You can join Roleplayingx. Or any other role playing guild.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 pm

It isn't a waste of our time Rem to assist you with a powers request thread. While I do agree that sometimes a trial run of powers is necessary to see how well they work out. That does not mean you do so without proper approval. A trial or test of certain powers should be conducted with more then just a few people. This is so you get a variety of feedback from all levels of the membership. But in order to even attempt this the powers should have been brought to the attention of the entire council. Regardless of how crude they may have been at the time.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Kayeori wrote:It isn't a waste of our time Rem to assist you with a powers request thread. While I do agree that sometimes a trial run of powers is necessary to see how well they work out. That does not mean you do so without proper approval. A trial or test of certain powers should be conducted with more then just a few people. This is so you get a variety of feedback from all levels of the membership. But in order to even attempt this the powers should have been brought to the attention of the entire council. Regardless of how crude they may have been at the time.
As I said, Going forward that I what I will do. I used the pricipals I used for writing RPG supliments, to this. As this has been brought to my attention that this is not the processes I said Going forward I will use the afore mentioned process.
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Higura Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Obviously you seem determined to Keep Mayii as some sort of Coyote god. Which godlike characters are not allowed, for one.

For two, many of your powers don't meet any of the rules in place for powers in general. A lot of metagame-y. (Spelling?) Puppeteering, making people sick, using them as playthings, etc. All bad.

Unless you rewrite your powers, and get rid of the mind powers and make them conform to the confines of Erinn, I don't think I can approve on your powers.
Higura
Higura
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Remmiel Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 am

Xeek wrote:
A test run is a one time used. You don't try out a car for month and then return it to the dealer. A test run can have many negative effects, which is why we ask to get the powers approved first.
1) If the power is not approved, how will you explain the sudden lost of the power?
2) Many people can use unapproved powers, calling them test runs.
3)It's against the rules.
Again, as I said. I was in error and Acknowege this. I had thought of this as a rubber stamp final processes not a starting process. As I have been corrected on this measure already further discussion is pointless.

Xeek wrote:No, you said any coyote, EVEN NPC monster coyotes. And even if the player lets them, it's pupeteering. Which is tabooed in MANY role-playing sites/games/boards.
A player quest is not puppeteering. No more than all of Twilight Shards Was Puppetering. Mayii can give a command to a follower, that Follower can follow that command as they see fit. Interpiting it as they want, from how long they take to do it, when they start, how they go about it, what processes they take. As for NPC Coyotes, they don't have names now do they? It was more specific than ANY coyote. Any Coyote he knew the name of. Only PC coyotes have names. The command is a quest not a Master control that turns them into unthinking robots. Much like how Fenrir could give people orders. Infact it is EXACTLY like how Fenrir gave people orders.

Oh right, the goddess you controlled, and the prison you created that doesn't exist in Erinn? And Mayii is not an NPC, no matter how much you say he is. Because he is controlled by only you. So he is player controlled. (PC).
Of course not I hadn't posted this NPC yet, or his powers/Abilities/Personality How could anyone play him if no one knew about him. That is just silly.

Same issue as above. Puppeteering, and Mayii is a PC. Just because you don't have a body for him doesn't make him NPC. It also doesn't make a good reason for him to have such power.
A Player Quest is not pupetering. Or else The character Fenrir from TS would have been in Gross Violation of this. A player quest is when Player A tells Player B to go do something. Much like how a NPC in game does it. Unlike a In game quest there is no quest scroll or XP reward for sucess. Usaly the Reward is Roleplay only. Much like how the bounty is for a captured Villian in one of our Roleplays.

Why does Mayii get it? How powerful is he, that he can CREATE a soul?
...*FACEPALM* You might want to read some of the source material I provided before asking questions like that. IF you can't stomaic that, the web comic Gunnerkrieg Court has a descent depiction of the more Chaotic coyote of the east. It's more benevolent than what Ma'ii was, but still very, very close.

Xeek wrote:No, but Mayii can transfer them the information with the power above. Which can be used for unlimited things. Information is valuable, you know.
Providing he had reason to care, that he was watching in the first place. Though for reasons of Abuse, this power can be removed easily.
your 1st issue. In this case I will use Dragon Ball Z as the hypothetical stance, Tac in this is the villain. A Villian wished for Immortality. The hero sealed him away on a plane of death. Awsome, he can't die but he's stuck in a world of death energy forever alive, and bored. Now what happened in your case what happened is as soon as they could the heros then wished for the villian's imortality to be rebuked, and for the villian to become mortal.
No because Tac never got his "immortality" And I'd appreciate it if you stuck to my money problem Razz. Tac's wallet is still empty. There for, he was never paid.

You still didn't answer how he obtained this powerful power. And why would the gods let him keep it.

Oh yes that terrifying army of 3 Coytoes? Yes that Army? Oh I'm sure every villian in Errin is Trembling in fear.
[quote=Xeek]you said coyotes, that can mean monster coyotes too. Not to mention 3 is more than 1 Razz [/quote] I beleive that I stated that Monster Coyotes have no name, and thus are not able to take orders from Mayii. Also the control is litteraly an order. He tells them to do something, but does not take away their free will. It is up to them to follow it. They could for example go slack off if they wanted.

And no, huritng people as a shadow is a matter of them "WILLING IT TO BE" They want the shadow to hurt them. Again this is basic psychology. If you beleive something is real, your body will react to it like it is. This was a concept taken to 11 in the movie the Matrix.

Xeek wrote:I've studied psychology enough to know, if you think something is going to hurt you, and you put your hand, and it doesn't hurt you. IT Won'T hurt you. Same works visa versa. If you think it won't hurt you, and it will hurt you, IT WILL hurt.
A more common example of this is the Placibo effect. You give a man a sugar pill and tell him it's medican and he get's getter. Additonaly You tell a man he is sick, and he starts to beleive it. The second one we call Psychosomatic illness. When you manifest symptoms of an illness even though your healthy, because you beleive you have that illness.
Remmiel
Remmiel
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next