Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omni's Powers

+5
Glaceon
Krystal
Thomas22
Xeek
Omnisagi
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Omni's Powers Empty Omni's Powers

Post  Omnisagi Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Flame Shroud
Omni engulfs her arms or legs in fire so that her kicks and punches do much more damage.
Is weakened by rain or any kind of water.
Also able to be used as a rockets (like a jetpack) to help her levitate with them or jump forward.
Burns her hands or legs if she uses it without her special gauntlets and boots. (Still able to use just as well except for the backfire.)
[Kind of like the skill Charge]

Momentary Flame Wall
For a moment Omni is able to make a scorching hot fire wall to block by burning most attacks including; weaker metals, mild quantities of water, ice, earth or fire, general objects that aren't too big or resistant.
Only able to hold up generally for a maximum of a minute. Re-use depends on the size of the firewall. Small meaning shield size, large meaning two doors together size.
The more attacks on it the weaker it becomes and the time it stays up falls.
[Kind of like mana sheild? Or Defense? Together? Can I even do that...? O_o]

Generic Fire Ball
Kind of like a firebolt takes a few seconds to charge, charge times depends on size.
Can be shot forward in a blast.
Can be deflected by other magic or strong enough substances.
[Firebolt basicly except... different? O_o]

Inferno's Rath
This is an extremely draining bit of magic, when pushed to point of anger or despair Omni will shoot out of large column of fire blasting up several stories into the air covering three times the width of herself. The recoil of the attack will most likely send Omni into an unconscious state or fairly immobile state.
[Fireball sorta?]

Dragon's Breathe
Taking a small pill of oil she holds in her supply pouch she can ignite it in her mouth spitting it and casting fire magic on it making it appear like the alchemy skill fireblast. The flamethrower effect lasts for a few seconds before another pill has to be applied.
Can be deflected by most inflammable substances.
[Flame burst]

Sparks of Hell
By pulling out very tiny bits of fire crystals wrapped in leather about the size of a marble, it is thrown at the enemy after the leather is ignited and will make a tiny explosion not much bigger than can top within several seconds. Not lethal and fairly easy to see and easy to dodge if you're fast enough. However, if hit it will be painful and it may ignite things around it.
[Blaze? Sure let's go with blaze...]

Fire Grasp
Using her special gauntlets able to increase the power and focus of fire magic she can often times absorb or collect minimal amounts of fire, not much more than an average fireball at once, however.
[This is kind of more like an out of battle thing for roleplay purposes... Ehm... If used in battle it would be defence + firebolt?]

Forgive me for not knowing what the hell I'm doing!

Last edited by Omnisagi on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Omni's Powers Empty Re: Omni's Powers

Post  Xeek Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

I am no longer a councilor, but I am sure you still need to post the In-game skill behind the IC skill.

(( Is the word M O D blocked?))
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 pm

(apperently it is blocked. *Has a funny image of the FOE song with those letters instead*)
Uhh...yeah, Xeek said all that we'll be asking at the current moment. Once you can put it into game terms, we'll bombard you with a lot more. Just warning you.

Last edited by Thomas22 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Huh...didn't know that was blocked >.>)
Thomas22
Thomas22
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Thomas22 wrote: *Has a funny image of the FOE song with those letters instead*

Uhm... Right. I wasn't the one who posted a video like that... >.>;

Honestly it doesn't look too hard to adapt these to in-game skills... And I believe you had that in mind ^^; If ya need help, you can always send a PM to others or to me, and we'll work it out Very Happy
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnisagi Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:10 pm

HAI GAIZ. Yeah so what's up, I wasn't active. Yes, yes... Personal stuff~. I have a lot of what you could call... Work? Yes, that's the word.
Hopefully I have throughly confused you... NOW! I did fix it... but I don't know if I fixed it correctly... so feedback if you could be so kind? Smile
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Technically, I'm no longer a councilor, due to issues I don't want to talk about (NO, NOTHING ILLEGAL!). Anyway, I believe this is good. Although, I personally don't go that much into detail like some others do. I say yes (Although my vote may not count).
Thomas22
Thomas22

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't see anything truly wrong with anything set forth. Even if there is and I don't catch it, I'm sure we can work it out.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Okies, So I'm wondering. What would happen if someone hit you with water cannon during your fire stuff? Since Water puts out fire and stuff...would that make your abilities unusable. Also, is there a limit to how many "fire walls" you can put up. Otherwise who is to say you couldn't just use limitless firewalls.

Also, Fire crystals have fire properties, yes, but can only be used with a cylinder or oven. However, for interesting, I would say maybe Heat Buster would be better for OOC representation.

And you mention special gauntlets..I'm curious as to how she obtained these gauntlets, as I'm sure we don't have anything like that in this world....

Other than those things, no other questions.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Ok, lets me try to put this out. ( get it? because it's fire attacks? =D)

The IC skill has to be a direct representation.

Ex. Since you can't use firebolt and defense at the same time IG. You can't use a skill like it. And punching a firewall would hurt, punching a mana shield wouldn't.
Two: Fire is a very destructive, uncontrollable and powerful ermm power. So... I feel a bit uncomfortable with it on the lose. Specially without any specific weaknesses.

And, Glacia. You know firemen don't use just water to turn off fires? Water can even increase the fires. This is not pokemon Razz
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 am

Xeek wrote:Ok, lets me try to put this out. ( get it? because it's fire attacks? =D)

Ex. Since you can't use firebolt and defense at the same time IG. You can't use a skill like it. And punching a firewall would hurt, punching a mana shield wouldn't.

Ahem.... Rank 9 Barrier Spikes would do the same thing as punching a fire wall. ^^;
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 am

Krystal wrote:
Xeek wrote:Ok, lets me try to put this out. ( get it? because it's fire attacks? =D)

Ahem.... Rank 9 Barrier Spikes would do the same thing as punching a fire wall. ^^;

Well, that was a separation error. the "And punching......" is separate from the "you can't use a skill like it" < That refers to the firebolt-defense.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 am

Xeek wrote:
And, Glacia. You know firemen don't use just water to turn off fires? Water can even increase the fires. This is not pokemon Razz

For the most part, Fire is put out with water, even in common case scenarios. But either way, That's also saying we could throw a bag of sugar or yeast on him and put out his fire too.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 am

Carbon dioxide is one item that has to be used for electrical and oil-based fires.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Elysia Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 am

Most standard fires (ie. housefires, forest fires) water is used as the main combatant, really though its the vapour from the evaporated water thats used.

Electrical and oil based fires are unique and are not ordinary fires anyways. I could just as easily say explosives are used as they were used to stop the oil well fires in the middle east years back.
Elysia
Elysia
Wolf in Designer Clothing
Wolf in Designer Clothing

http://loveofanimals.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am

Momentary Flame Wall
This is fine without the use of Defense. Only Mana shield. Defense only works with 1 hit and then it's down. Unless the power you're requesting will be down the moment you're hit with MS+Defense, then it won't work with both.

Flame Shroud
The only thing that bothers me is the levitation part. Do you have a flying pet?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Omnisagi wrote:Flame Shroud
Omni engulfs her arms or legs in fire so that her kicks and punches do much more damage.
Is weakened by rain or any kind of water.
Also able to be used as a rockets (like a jetpack) to help her levitate with them or jump forward.
Burns her hands or legs if she uses it without her special gauntlets and boots. (Still able to use just as well except for the backfire.)
[Kind of like the skill Charge]
Would the kicks and punches do less damage if someone had fire enchanted equipment?

Like Aura asked, do you have a flying pet, like a broom or carpet, to show levitation?

What gauntlets are these and can anyone else get them?

Momentary Flame Wall
For a moment Omni is able to make a scorching hot fire wall to block by burning most attacks including; weaker metals, mild quantities of water, ice, earth or fire, general objects that aren't too big or resistant.
Only able to hold up generally for a maximum of a minute. Re-use depends on the size of the firewall. Small meaning shield size, large meaning two doors together size.
The more attacks on it the weaker it becomes and the time it stays up falls.
[Kind of like mana sheild? Or Defense? Together? Can I even do that...? O_o]
Is there a limit to how large she can make the firewall? Or can she just pump as much fire as possible into a giant shield?

You CAN use MS and defense together, but defense, like Aura said, is a one-hit thing. Once someone hits you, it's down.

Generic Fire Ball
Kind of like a firebolt takes a few seconds to charge, charge times depends on size.
Can be shot forward in a blast.
Can be deflected by other magic or strong enough substances.
[Firebolt basicly except... different? O_o]

Doesn't really seem different. I don't mind this.

Inferno's Rath
This is an extremely draining bit of magic, when pushed to point of anger or despair Omni will shoot out of large column of fire blasting up several stories into the air covering three times the width of herself. The recoil of the attack will most likely send Omni into an unconscious state or fairly immobile state.
[Fireball sorta?]
Column of fire around herself? Or can she summon it away from her?

Dragon's Breathe
Taking a small pill of oil she holds in her supply pouch she can ignite it in her mouth spitting it and casting fire magic on it making it appear like the alchemy skill fireblast. The flamethrower effect lasts for a few seconds before another pill has to be applied.
Can be deflected by most inflammable substances.
[Flame burst]
Looks like Flame Burst. Smells like Flame Burst. -licks- Tastes like fire. I don't see an issue with it.

Sparks of Hell
By pulling out very tiny bits of fire crystals wrapped in leather about the size of a marble, it is thrown at the enemy after the leather is ignited and will make a tiny explosion not much bigger than can top within several seconds. Not lethal and fairly easy to see and easy to dodge if you're fast enough. However, if hit it will be painful and it may ignite things around it.
[Blaze? Sure let's go with blaze...]
Smells like Blaze, just makes sure you have a wand.

Fire Grasp
Using her special gauntlets able to increase the power and focus of fire magic she can often times absorb or collect minimal amounts of fire, not much more than an average fireball at once, however.
[This is kind of more like an out of battle thing for roleplay purposes... Ehm... If used in battle it would be defence + firebolt?]
Defense and firebolt can't be used at the same time, if that's what you're going for.

Could you catch and use someone's firebolt if they threw it at you? What if their bolts are stronger(higher rank and maybe they have more Int)? Or are you only able to absorb/collect fire from other sources(like a campfire or something)?

Forgive me for not knowing what the hell I'm doing!
No. >.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:52 pm

My main problem with Fire-based powers. Is that fire based powers not only cause DoTs, but also attacking them would hurt you.

Ex. If Omni is using fire to protect herself and using MS to show it. The attack would receive serious burns which will not show OOC.

To me, powers need to have the same effect as they do OOC.

Ex. Xeek's scale armor increases his defense. His upgraded armor increases his defense as well.

For the record, you must have each of these skills OOC. And they are only as strong as they are OOC.
Ex. If your fireball is rank F. Your power will do low damage.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnisagi Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Xeek wrote:My main problem with Fire-based powers. Is that fire based powers not only cause DoTs, but also attacking them would hurt you.

Ex. If Omni is using fire to protect herself and using MS to show it. The attack would receive serious burns which will not show OOC.

To me, powers need to have the same effect as they do OOC.

Ex. Xeek's scale armor increases his defense. His upgraded armor increases his defense as well.

For the record, you must have each of these skills OOC. And they are only as strong as they are OOC.
Ex. If your fireball is rank F. Your power will do low damage.

Alright so once I have more time I will go back and fix stuff according to what many people like Soifa said. First I would like to know something however, is the fighting system now in PvP or can we still 'role-play' out battle scenes. Also I hate to bring this up and I may be unreasonable in saying so but, I have less and less time lately. Considering I'm not able to grind on Mabinogi anymore and I only go on for role play purposes now, do I honestly have to gage it on how much money and time I can pump into my character? Yeah, I know I don't want to have a super-powerful character but I don't want my character to be like a bowl of jelly compared to other people. (Okay, so I'm not that low-leveled but I don't have time to keep up too much.)
Omnisagi
Omnisagi
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Omnisagi wrote:
Alright so once I have more time I will go back and fix stuff according to what many people like Soifa said. First I would like to know something however, is the fighting system now in PvP or can we still 'role-play' out battle scenes. Also I hate to bring this up and I may be unreasonable in saying so but, I have less and less time lately. Considering I'm not able to grind on Mabinogi anymore and I only go on for role play purposes now, do I honestly have to gage it on how much money and time I can pump into my character? Yeah, I know I don't want to have a super-powerful character but I don't want my character to be like a bowl of jelly compared to other people. (Okay, so I'm not that low-leveled but I don't have time to keep up too much.)

1) Yes you can still role play out battle scenes. But keep in mind that your character isn't any stronger than it is in pvp. And most fall on to pvp because it's much quicker, more accurate, and people "cheat" and argue over the role-play battles.

2) Yes you have to gage your powers on how strong your character actually is. But money? eh.. no? You really get no super benefit from paying for anything, other than pets. To fly/hover, you are required to have a flying pet. To run faster than a normal person, you need to be able to show that too either by being an elf-body, or having a fast mount. If that's what you're asking about?

3) It's not really fair to the people who do grind and level their characters up to be strong, just for you to come in and be on par with them when you're not physically(ig body) able to. Just do what you can.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 pm

I know nobody wants to be the weakest, but someone has to. "Sure, it's easy for you to say, you are Xeek, blah blah" First of all, I am not the strongest in the guild either.
And second, I have plenty of characters. Most of which are weak. One of them is nearly disabled.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Well, I'm sure as heck not the strongest person in the guild. But there's worse things than losing in a fight.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Auramune wrote:Well, I'm sure as heck not the strongest person in the guild. But there's worse things than losing in a fight.

Like losing two fights? =D
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Heck... Skill wise I'm stronger than Xeek, but not in PvP... he bests me... but I will win.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Xeek wrote:I know nobody wants to be the weakest, but someone has to. "Sure, it's easy for you to say, you are Xeek, blah blah" First of all, I am not the strongest in the guild either.
And second, I have plenty of characters. Most of which are weak. One of them is nearly disabled.

I think it's all in how you fight. Someone low leveled could beat a higher level with smart dueling tactics.

I know I can't even get a hit in on Teo because I'm stunned 50% of the time, the other 50%, I'm eating dirt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

SoifaRAWR wrote:
Xeek wrote:I know nobody wants to be the weakest, but someone has to. "Sure, it's easy for you to say, you are Xeek, blah blah" First of all, I am not the strongest in the guild either.

I think it's all in how you fight. Someone low leveled could beat a higher level with smart dueling tactics.

I know I can't even get a hit in on Teo because I'm stunned 50% of the time, the other 50%, I'm eating dirt.

Mhm, Only way I'd beat Teo now is through Final Hit, and even that is doubtful. Anyway.... back to examining powers, shall we wait for Omni to edit and answer questions? ^^;
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next