Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Balmungazure

5 posters

Go down

New Member - Balmungazure Empty New Member - Balmungazure

Post  Balmung of the Azure Sky Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 pm

I am roleplaying as the Descendant of Fianna, Balmung of the Azure Sky. He is from the dothack tv show and has made few appearances. I heard of RPSociety from Lissiane. I roleplay at Anime Conventions which are really fun actually, and i started going last year. Next one is this October. If you need anymore info just pm me ingame or through the site. Ive roleplayed on gaming sites for going on 9 years. i play a holy and justice character. Romanian is my main language, but i speak english fluently. My mabinogi schedule is flexible depending on the situation (like grades being decent and stuff, lol). My characters name is Balmungazure. Balmung is a valiant knight that defeated a supposedly undefeatable event along side his partner Orca of the Azure Sea. They are both known as the Descendants of Fianna. He plays to help the weaker characters to build them to help themselves and those around them. I hope to be able to become him ingame. This character thinks of himself as a defender of this world. From hackers, PKers, and stronger opponents, to protect all that are closer, or that can become close.

Last edited by Balmung of the Azure Sky on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Apparently, not enough info, but hopefully have it all now.)

Balmung of the Azure Sky
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

New Member - Balmungazure Empty Re: New Member - Balmungazure

Post  Dalvar Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:17 pm

We don't always accept characters that aren't made by the player, but if you prove that you can do it real well, we have been known to allow it.
But before we can do anything we need you to fill out the bio located here:
http://rpsociety.heavenforum.org/registration-f9/read-this-first-t73.htm
Thanks!
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Just fill in the Blanks on the form template

Character Name: ...... enter stuff here .....

How You Heard About The RP Society: ...... enter stuff here .....

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? ...... enter stuff here .....

Is English Your First Language? ...... enter stuff here .....

A Short Biography Of Your Character: ...... enter stuff here .....

What type of character do you play? ...... enter stuff here .....

What is your Mabinogi schedule?[ ...... enter stuff here .....
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung of the Azure Sky Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Character Name: Balmungazure (roleplaying as Balmung of the Azure Sky)

How You Heard About The RP Society: I heard of RPSociety from Lissiane.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? I roleplay at Anime Conventions which are really fun actually, and i started going last year. Next one is this October. If you need anymore info just pm me in-game or through the site. Ive roleplayed on gaming sites for going on 9 years.

Is English Your First Language? Romanian is my main language, but I speak English fluently.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: He is from the dothack tv show and has made few appearances. Balmung is a valiant knight that defeated a supposedly unbeatable event along side his partner Orca of the Azure Sea. They are both known as the Descendants of Fianna. He plays to help the weaker characters to build them to help themselves and those around them. He hopes to be able to become such a character again in the game Mabinogi. (I hope to be able to become him in-game.) [ Yes he does think he is in another game]

What type of character do you play? I play a holy and justice character that thinks of himself as a defneder of this world. To protect all from hackers, pkers, and stronger opponents. To protect all he is close to, and ones that he hopes to become close to.

What is your Mabinogi schedule?[ Flexible depending on the situation in RL

Balmung of the Azure Sky
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 am

The only issue I have with this personally is that you're basically assuming the world is a game in character context.
We're playing it as a legitimate world, not a game...

So how exactly does 'Balmung the game character' become 'Balmung the real person' in this world?
IE, how did did he come to Erinn?

There's again the issue of using an already-been-made character from other series,
but I'll allow others to judge that bit.

Get me the above two points and I'll give this more thought.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:07 am

I would advise creation a more original character and not an anime character in a cross-over world as well. It's just easier to play something you've made on your own and can be more familiar with how it all works instead of posing as another's piece of work. I'm sure the makers are flattered you enjoy their character enough to play as him, but it still often turns out as a recipe for disaster. Note this is also not DOThack. Balmung, unfortunately - because I know how awesome he is myself, would both learn he is not in a game and die at the same time. Painfully, and if a Milletian, frequently.

I don't really have the authority to do so anymore, but I still personally disapprove of this. It's great you have the imagination to try this, but I still think it'd be a best bet to go with something you've made yourself and can understand easier. After all, nobody knows your own character better than you. Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

New Member - Balmungazure Empty As The Council Demands...

Post  Dellinger Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:02 am

The applicant Balmungazure has had a number of issues dealing with his conduct with members of the guild behind closed doors, most notably the councilors and upper levels that have attempted to help them. I have the main offenses against you all here:

1) His original attempt to bypass our rules by requesting special privileges in regards to having to join the forums, which can be seen in the screencaps we have stored here, here, here when the member-prospective invited himself into Auramane and I's dungeon, here as a continuation of the last PM, and here, where he attempted to convince councilors to bypass rules put into place. These demonstrate the member-prospective's lack of desire to abide by our rules, his lack of desire desire to work through us attempting to fix his application so it was workable (of which this wasn't to be the first time), and his concern with finishing a dungeon he invited himself into rather than fix the problem he came to the dungeon to solve. Several people attempted to assist him in the several problems with his application, and he told each of us (as can be seen in the pictures and by word of mouth from the other individuals that attempted to talk him through this) that he read the 'read this first' post and the rules sections. He told the guild leader that he had not read these when the guild leader talked with him, yet we know for a fact that I, myself, and Kitsune all directed him to said thread. He has not listened to attempts to help him, and his general conduct before the second deciding factor did not speak well in his favor.

2) In response to my post stating effectively that he needed to be more specific and give a background as to how the character came to Erinn, the member-prospective sent me this message, which if need be, I will screencap and link to if members feel I am being overdramatic:
Balmung of the Azure Sky wrote:Hey there. I do not think of it that way. I take roleplaying seriously. My application was edited by Captincrunch himself buddy, so don't even get me started. If you have issues with it, talk to me ingame. Balmungazure

Problems with this:

A) The guild master stated that he ran the member-prospective through the forum post so he could get the forum post adequately formatted, and it was assumed he would expand on the application after he fixed the application. Stating that it was edited by Captincrunch when it was not is lying. He assisted him in one of the things he needed to fix, nothing more, nothing less.

B) Sorry to say this, but having the guild master assist someone does not mean that person is automatically allowed into the guild. A member-prospective needs to be approved by three mentors and be in good standing with the guild to be allowed in. Therefore, Balmung of the Azure Sky was still required to fix what the council, the moderators, and the mentors asked him to fix in order to garner the approvals needed.

C) Possibly his worst offense is the conduct with which he has communicated with us behind closed doors. His tone in the above message is derogatory and implies that he knows exactly how the system works and that I, the officer of the guild he is applying to, does not. He also makes a point of stating that I must message him in-game if I have a problem with his application, however he doesn't make any move to do anything about his application in the meantime. However, looking at the previous conversations that myself, Auramane, and other councilors have had with him, I do not believe the talk would have gotten anywhere besides a themed line of "But I did what I had to, so I don't need to do any more and you should allow me in now." The attitude throughout this process has been undermining and, put bluntly, tactless.

The conclusion of this story, and why I had the above:

With 7 votes out of 7 total votes, Balmung of the Azure Sky will not be permitted to join the guild at this time for reasons listed above related to his conduct with several members in the guild and his choice to attempt to bypass our rules, along with his offense of ignoring the advice of members who attempted to help him, along with his lack of respect for those in position.

He will be allowed to stay on the forums barring that he does not attempt to troll or harass any of our members. Any evidence of him doing so brought to our attention with evidence will result in him being banned from our forum.

This case is closed. If any guild member has a question about this, they may contact a member of the council.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 am

As has been so clearly stated in the previous post, any assistance by myself with any application to the guild or towards anything else in the guild is not an automatic pass, it is just a measure of assistance and nothing more. I will lend what help I can to get someone pointed in the right direction, they will still have to put in some measure of effort to meet the acceptance criteria themselves.

I shall state clearly here that I am but one member of the executive. I am not the founder of this Guild but the fourth to hold the title and continue the sponsorship of the Guild. This Guild is a quasi-democracy and what executive power I do wield is more along the lines of behind the scenes administration/bookkeeping plus final execution of actions deemed appropriate by the executive or membership at large.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down